PDA

View Full Version : Donald Washington better pro than Malcolm Jenkins?

KCStud
04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Keep in mind that analyst said that Washington would have been a very high pick next year had he stayed in school.
Washington is faster, just as strong, but what stood out to me was his 45 inch vertical.. WOW. He can jump higher than any CB prospect.

I am a KC fan and I may being drinking some kool-aid, and I am NOT saying that he is better than Jenkins, but wow I think this kid could being a very good pro CB for us in the future.

superman
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
who'd he go to

BigBanger
04-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Why did he get beat so much in college?

He can jump high? Wow. He must be a better pro.

ThePudge
04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
who'd he go to

Take a look at the original poster and take a wild guess.

themaninblack
04-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I was pretty PO'd that the Chiefs picked him right before us.

ThePudge
04-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Keep in mind that analyst said that Washington would have been a very high pick next year had he stayed in school.
Washington is faster, just as strong, but what stood out to me was his 45 inch vertical.. WOW.

I am not opposing your post 100%, but keep in mind you're not being completely factual here. The analysts did not say he would, they said he could. That letter at the beginning of the word makes all the difference. I can say QB Mark Sanchez could have been the 1st Overall pick in 2010, but that doesn't mean he would be.

Washington is a bit faster, can jump higher, but here's the big thing, is a far inferior football player with less football instincts, experience, production, and overall intelligence. Malcolm Jenkins a hell of a football player and outshined Washington for three years.

I am not here guaranteeing Jenkins will be better, nor am I saying Donald Washington can't be a successful pro, I am saying to consider the negatives as well as the positives. I did like the pick there by KC though, even though it didn't fill a need and there were some players that may have been able to help in the here and now on the board.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
If Washington is that good, I expect him to be no least than the nickel CB for KC. Wait and see...

I think Pudge nailed it; Exceptional athlete, very flawed football player.

phlysac
04-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Who knows, but if you base the prognostication on the Combine, yes... if you base it on football, no.

PACKmanN
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Washington is faster, just as strong, but what stood out to me was his 45 inch vertical.. WOW. He can jump higher than any CB prospect.

I am a KC fan and I may being drinking some kool-aid, and I am NOT saying that he is better than Jenkins, but wow I think this kid could being a very good pro CB for us in the future.

isn't this the same guy that got benched? Classic workout warrior that brought his stock up because of it.

thetedginnshow
04-27-2009, 08:52 AM
isn't this the same guy that got benched? Classic workout warrior that brought his stock up because of it.

That's Vontae.

Donald could be a better pro for the fact that he'll be allowed to focus on one position, while Malcolm may be torn between corner and safety. He's certainly inferior from a mental standpoint, but he wasn't exactly terrible.

Sniper
04-27-2009, 09:05 AM
That's Vontae

...and Washington. Washington never regained his starting job after he returned from his suspension.

thetedginnshow
04-27-2009, 09:34 AM
...and Washington. Washington never regained his starting job after he returned from his suspension.

I always thought it was more of a character issue than a talent one though. I realize he still wasn't starting, but I feel like being benched is more closely associated with not being capable of starting. I could be wrong though.

Sniper
04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I always thought it was more of a character issue than a talent one though. I realize he still wasn't starting, but I feel like being benched is more closely associated with not being capable of starting. I could be wrong though.

Maybe. You'd know more than me, being an OSU student and fan. I think that when Chekwa stepped in and played fairly well, including an INT vs. USC, it sealed Washington's fate. I really think he should have returned to school, but I won't complain.

OhioState
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I was pissed when i heard that washington had declared. He really is a good football player with some character issues. Once he got in Tressel's doghouse he could never get out. I really like him as a corner and I think he could be a successful pro