PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Sign Ken Lucas and LeRoy Hill

gpngc
04-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Running in place is fun.

If Hill does come back (he probably won't and if he does it's got to be at the very least 6 years $36 million), I'll feel a little better.

Maybe they can win the NFC Best. It feels like only yesterday when they owned the division.

Splat
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Link

Seahawks sign CB Lucas, FB Griffith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-seahawks-lucas&prov=ap&type=lgns)

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Ya'll also signed Griffith. Feel better big guy? Hmmm? You want a soda?

gpngc
04-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Ya'll also signed Griffith. Feel better big guy? Hmmm? You want a soda?

Actually no. Owen Schmitt is probably the most explosive offensive threat on the team and now he likely won't start.

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Pshhh, Seneca Wallace laughs in the face of Owen Schmidt!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, there pass defense was ranked 32nd. They are just now signing free agents?? Good move though.

scottyboy
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
don't worry, there's always Mike Teel!

and Courtney Greene, you should be freakin' ecstatic

CC.SD
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
The Sidehawks.

bored of education
04-27-2009, 06:48 PM
The Sidehawks.

The Seagulls

Gay Ork Wang
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
The Seagulls
u mean the Seagals

PACKmanN
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Chris McAlister>Ken Lucas

TitleTown088
04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
the NFC Best. .

Right... Whatever you say.

CC.SD
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
The Seagulls

The Seabreeze

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Chris McAlister>Ken Lucas

yeah man I'm kinda shocked NOBODY has signed him.

PACKmanN
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
The Seagulls

Seachickens?

bored of education
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Seachickens?

the sea urchins

tjsunstein
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM
The Semen.

Wait, what?

Paul
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
The alliteration in the title just blew me mind.

bam bam
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
The Shehawks

CC.SD
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
The Seaweed.

bam bam
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
The Seagulls

Thats what I use for the Eagirls...I mean Seagulls...I mean Eagles

kalbears13
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Seachickens?

We used to call the other Junior All-American team the Newport Mesa Seahawks, that was our rival, the Seachickens. Ironically Matt Barkley was on that team. (Which pisses me off since he could have easily been on my team...)

PoopSandwich
04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
The Seamen...

SEE WHAT I DID.

Shane P. Hallam
04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Am I the only one who likes what the Seahawks have done? This team isn't that far removed from winning the division. They signed a top flight WR, whose production has increased almost every year.

Yes, the secondary was poor last year, but I do like Ken Lucas myself, and they could definitely see their secondary be as it was a few years back. Redding isn't as bad as people think, and if Curry steps it up, he could play better than Hill/[current] Peterson ever would have.

OneToughGame
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Am I the only one who likes what the Seahawks have done? This team isn't that far removed from winning the division. They signed a top flight WR, whose production has increased almost every year.

Yes, the secondary was poor last year, but I do like Ken Lucas myself, and they could definitely see their secondary be as it was a few years back. Redding isn't as bad as people think, and if Curry steps it up, he could play better than Hill/[current] Peterson ever would have.

I'm very happy with what they have done so far this offseason. They're just all negative because of not picking Crabtree.

kalbears13
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm very happy with what they have done so far this offseason. They're just all negative because of not picking Crabtree.

I'm negative about it because you took Aaron Curry.

HawkEye30
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM

I love our draft this year.....except for mike teel lol but i like how pretty much all the hawks fans wanted a 6 foot corner and now that we get one people are complaining i think this is a great move by us and we have a pretty good chance to regain our spot atop the nfc west

Cicero
04-27-2009, 09:48 PM

Did I want Crabtree? Yes.

I still don't think we should have taken Curry, but it's nowhere near a DHB kind of wtf. I would be very happy with our draft if we resign Hill. If we don't though, our team gets no better from a #4 pick which can't happen.

Primetime21
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I feel like every Seahawks fan is going emo just because we took the BPA(maybe in the whole draft). Curry is the only player who would have been an immediate starter and he also is the surest thing. Hill or nor Hill we have drastically improved this off season and next time you feel sad try doing the Unicorn thing at espn.com.

Edit: I hope my new sig convinces everyone Curry= sex.

Cicero
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I feel like every Seahawks fan is going emo just because we took the BPA(maybe in the whole draft). Curry is the only player who would have been an immediate starter and he also is the surest thing. Hill or nor Hill we have drastically improved this off season and next time you feel sad try doing the Unicorn thing at espn.com.

Edit: I hope my new sig convinces everyone Curry= sex.

Once again, I would say we had an excellent draft even though I wanted someone else to be picked there if we kept Hill. Your team doesn't get better by drafting an 4-3 OLB and then letting one of the best 4-3 OLBs in the NFL walk. If we resign Hill I'll have nothing to complain about.

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
...Hill is one of the best OLB's in the NFL?

Cicero
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
...Hill is one of the best OLB's in the NFL?

Yes, he is.

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Yes, he is.

You may wanna zip up - your homer is showing. ;)

He's one of the better 4-3 OLB's, but he's not one of the best OLB's in the NFL. Certainly a very good player though.

diabsoule
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM

I like what they have done as well. Lucas' play has dropped off a bit but he can still be a starter and should help their secondary.

Cicero
04-27-2009, 11:23 PM
You may wanna zip up - your homer is showing. ;)

He's one of the better 4-3 OLB's, but he's not one of the best OLB's in the NFL. Certainly a very good player though.

I knew you were going to say that. Ask any Seahawks fan who our best linebacker was last year, and they'll say Hill. I always get called the pessimist by all of my friends because I'm not "homer enough" for them. Ask me anything else and you'll see that I don't view all things Hawks through rose colored glasses.

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
I knew you were going to say that. Ask any Seahawks fan who our best linebacker was last year, and they'll say Hill. I always get called the pessimist by all of my friends because I'm not "homer enough" for them. Ask me anything else and you'll see that I don't view all things Hawks through rose colored glasses.

Easy tiger, I was only jokin'! Hence the zipper it up part.

He very well may have been the Seahawks best LB last year. He play WLB or SLB?

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Hill played great and I wanted him to be a giant before he got tagged and we signed boley for cheap, but Curry's going to be a better backer soon and is going to improve the D even if they don't re-sign Hill.

CC.SD
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Curry>>>Hill within two years.

Cicero
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Easy tiger, I was only jokin'! Hence the zipper it up part.

He very well may have been the Seahawks best LB last year. He play WLB or SLB?

He played WLB last year, but he...well he was expected to move to SLB before we took Curry and rescinded his tag. He played SLB his rookie year and had 7.5 sacks.

TitanHope
04-28-2009, 12:11 AM
He played WLB last year, but he...well he was expected to move to SLB before we took Curry and rescinded his tag. He played SLB his rookie year and had 7.5 sacks.

Ah, I get it now. Cause I'm here thinking that he may be over-rated because of his rookie season. I didn't know he's been playing musical linebacker.

I come from the school of Titans Defense. LB blitz? No, we have safeties for that. :(

Poor Keith Bulluck. I don't care if you haven't been blitzed since 2006. You're still the man in my eyes...

Cicero
04-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Ah, I get it now. Cause I'm here thinking that he may be over-rated because of his rookie season. I didn't know he's been playing musical linebacker.

I come from the school of Titans Defense. LB blitz? No, we have safeties for that. :(

Poor Keith Bulluck. I don't care if you haven't been blitzed since 2006. You're still the man in my eyes...

We couldn't blitz our safeties even if we wanted to last year. Kelly Jennings or Josh Wilson 1 on 1 is bad news. Then again, with Russel's tackling skills it wouldn't work anyways. Grant has never had more than 1.5 sacks in a season in his career, so I don't think much is happening there either.

XxXdragonXxX
04-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Is anyone else tired of gpngc's whining?

Im very happy to have Lucas back. The dude was awesome for the Seahawks before ran off to Carolina for more money. Size is something the Hawks secondary has severely lacked since he left.

thetedginnshow
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
The Seahawks are bringing everybody back! Even David Kirtman!

SchizophrenicBatman
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Lucas can still play. He's regressed a lot the last couple years, but he had a long way to fall. I'm really not concerned that he's gone but I think he can help another team out in the right system. Ironically, possibly including the one Ron Meeks will now run in Carolina. I'm not sure what the C- hawks run right now, but if he gets put on an island or on a side with a rookie safety as help expect him to get beat deep a few times a year. Otherwise, shouldnt be too bad

Paranoidmoonduck
04-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Curry>>>Hill within two years.

I don't think there's any doubt about that, or at least there shouldn't be.

I don't know. I understand why Seahawks fans would be frustrated by the logistics of the switch from Hill to Curry, but they just got arguably the best OLB prospect in as long as I've watched the draft. That's no reason to fret.

OneToughGame
04-28-2009, 01:30 AM

Lofa was injured throughout the whole year so yes Hill was the "best" LBer last season.

Nope, They signed Griffith.

BlindSite
04-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Ken Lucas wasn't a bad player, he was and is, going down hill but he's at least good enough to hang with half the leagues receivers. He'll get torched against Arizona but he'll put his hat in during running plays and is probably one of the toughest SOBs in the league at the position.

Staubach12
04-28-2009, 05:22 PM

You, sir, just blew ME mind with your use of pirate speak.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-28-2009, 05:26 PM
1NnG5clnqdQ

Addict
04-28-2009, 05:34 PM

They should just call him Sen Suckas and make it perfect.

OneToughGame
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
How's your opinion now?

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/30/mora_on_kjr_hawks_hill_close_to_a_deal

Paul
04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
You, sir, just blew ME mind with your use of pirate speak.

Unintentional, but still awesome.

HawkEye30
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
How's your opinion now?

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/30/mora_on_kjr_hawks_hill_close_to_a_deal

hell yea baby, also interesting ken lucas is starting ar right corner over josh wilson, kelly who??? lol i gues mr jennings is 4th string

Cicero
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Alright! TR, I'm sorry for getting so pissed off at you. We still friends?

thetedginnshow
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Haha. Probably going to be the best 4-3 LB corp for the next five years at least.

diabsoule
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Seahawks could definitely make some noise this year if their OL remembers how to block.

Shane P. Hallam
04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Seahawks could definitely make some noise this year if their OL remembers how to block.

I think they knew how to block, they were all just hurt!

OneToughGame
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I think they knew how to block, they were all just hurt!

This sums up the whole team ;)

Geo
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
See gpngc? It all worked out. ;)

XxXdragonXxX
04-30-2009, 11:11 PM
This Seahawks D could be really good, if they can stay healthy. The only really weak spot is Brian Russell. Hopefully Courtney Greene or Jamar Adams step up and get his worthless ass off the field.

Primetime21
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
This Seahawks D could be really good, if they can stay healthy. The only really weak spot is Brian Russell. Hopefully Courtney Greene or Jamar Adams step up and get his worthless ass off the field.

Maybe even Big Play Babs. He could be intriguing as FS for the Hawks since he probably wont get much of an opportunity at corner. At least he would be better than Russel.

OneToughGame
04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Maybe even Big Play Babs. He could be intriguing as FS for the Hawks since he probably wont get much of an opportunity at corner. At least he would be better than Russel.

I read that Babs is listed as the starting SS and Deon Grant will go back to playing FS.

Primetime21
04-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I read that Babs is listed as the starting SS and Deon Grant will go back to playing FS.

Im happy with that. Its going to be interesting to see how our D transitions to Tampa 2 and if Mora more than an above average motivational, players coach.

Nitschke-Hawk
04-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Haha. Probably going to be the best 4-3 LB corp for the next five years at least.

What is corp short for?

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM

Who deserved to win the 2005 Super Bowl?

PS Seattle has a sick LB corps.

XxXdragonXxX
05-01-2009, 12:41 AM

Actually the Seahawks depth chart in their draft room was shown on NFL Network, Jamar Adams was listed as the starter and Russell and Babs were at the bottom of the chart.

CroomDawgs
05-01-2009, 12:48 AM

Lol perfect response haha.

Seattle is a sleeper team for me. Ths team wasn't nearly as bad as they were last year its hard to win when a pro bowl QB, 24 receivers, a HOF OT and a Pro Bowl DE are hurt.

Cicero
05-01-2009, 12:55 AM

That wasn't a ******* touchdown!!! Roethlisberger didn't get in damn it!

:)

Addict
05-01-2009, 04:13 AM
That wasn't a ******* touchdown!!! Roethlisberger didn't get in damn it!

:)

http://e-vantage.net/index/ebay/Birdzeyewear/SeaHawk/SeaHawk_silver.jpg

nobodyinparticular
05-01-2009, 04:32 AM

I heard they're bringing in Rick Mirer for a tryout.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 07:10 AM

You are not alone JBond, I just want to know who will be playing WILL for the Seahawks, as neither Curry or Hill are best suited to play there... I mean you must have your best 3 LBs on the field if you are the Seahwaks, and with Tatupu, Curry, and Hill, I'm not sure what their LB depth is and I think either Curry or Hill would switch out to WILL. Would it be Hill who goes to WILL?

Sorry for all that internal rhyming guys...

Edit: Kinda figured It'd be Hill, but I got the answer alrady...

Cicero
05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
http://e-vantage.net/index/ebay/Birdzeyewear/SeaHawk/SeaHawk_silver.jpg

Hahaha nicely done.

yourfavestoner
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
What is corp short for?

You know, corp as in "unit." Marine Corp. Peace Corp. Everybody uses the word "core" in this context, but that's actually incorrect.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM

I remember when he left cleveland and figured it was be his last year as a starter, I can't believe you guys have held onto him for so long.

I hate the Seahawks, just because no one really cares about the seahawks enough to hate them :p , but they shouldve one that one. There was some really bad officiating goin on in that game. But alas, they lost and the helmetless wonder got himself a ring, forever proving that he was the greatest QB from the 2004 draft class.