PDA

View Full Version : Creatine!

neko4
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
For awhile i was gaining weight (muscle, not fat) and getting stronger doing things naturally and eating alot of food spread out over the course of the day. Everything was going fine up until about a month and half ago when the gain in strength and weight stopped. Then about two weeks ago i lost a bit of weight and strength. Im a little worried and wanna know if I should use creatine

MetSox17
04-27-2009, 06:01 PM
How old are you?

neko4
04-27-2009, 06:03 PM
just turned seventeen. Entering my senior year of football

MetSox17
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Are you gonna keep working out after you finish football?

neko4
04-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Are you gonna keep working out after you finish football?
yeah, not as much though.
I suppose I'd have to ease off the creatine after football.

Xonraider
04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
load up on 'em 'roids

tjsunstein
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
You plateaued. Keep working out and do it the natural way.

bored of education
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
steroids are as American as apple pie and thats why we American football.

MetSox17
04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
yeah, not as much though.
I suppose I'd have to ease off the creatine after football.

I wouldn't suggest you taking it, i've seen many people that were regular creatine users, and after they stopped, or slowed down, their bodies turned into mush. I don't know the science behind it, but that many people is NOT a coincidence.

neko4
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't suggest you taking it, i've seen many people that were regular creatine users, and after they stopped, or slowed down, their bodies turned into mush. I don't know the science behind it, but that many people is NOT a coincidence.
Im afraid of that too. Some of my friends that did it and stopped turned out fine. Others turned to mush and some other guys are afraid to stop.

MetSox17
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Im afraid of that too. Some of my friends that did it and stopped turned out fine. Others turned to mush and some other guys are afraid to stop.

Well here's how you should think about it. If you've worked out to the point where your body has topped out naturally, you would really need to do some heavy doses of creatine to see some results. Your friends that turned out fine, were they heavy users?

someone447
04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I took creatine, as long as you cycle it it is safe. If you do it for too long without cycling your body may stop producing and processing it correctly.

I would take it 5g a for three months, then not do it for a month and repeat. I eventually stopped just because I got to the size I wanted. I kept working out and my body didn't turn to mush.

CashmoneyDrew
04-27-2009, 06:59 PM

You beat me to it. Damn classes.

neko4
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I took creatine, as long as you cycle it it is safe. If you do it for too long without cycling your body may stop producing and processing it correctly.

I would take it 5g a for three months, then not do it for a month and repeat. I eventually stopped just because I got to the size I wanted. I kept working out and my body didn't turn to mush.

Yeah, i figured if i kept working out I wouldnt have to worry about the creatine making me mushy.

Well here's how you should think about it. If you've worked out to the point where your body has topped out naturally, you would really need to do some heavy doses of creatine to see some results. Your friends that turned out fine, were they heavy users?

I honestly can't say

That guy looked disgusting...

Strongside
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Really no harm in it as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of water. Especially when you're drinking.

BRAVEHEART
04-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Really no harm in steroids as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of Muscle Milk. Especially when you're injecting.

fixed for you.

kwilk103
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Muscle Milk!!!! Protein!!!!! Hgh!!! Power Bar!!!!!!!

Go Cowboys
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok here is how to do it, I have done this and actually talked to a Health guy, a doctor and a sports medicine doctor on top of that.

Creatine really does no harm if you do it the right way, if not you can really hurt yourself (liver, brain etc.)
The way to do it is this way

Creatine before and/or after you work out for 1 month straight (at least 1 time a day, recommened dose)
Protein in Milk 2 times a day everyday (Even after you take a break of Creatine)
Other type of protein (penut butter sandwhich 2 hours or so before you workout, so lunch, and within 2 hours of working out, dinner)
Make sure on top of that you drink plenty of water everyday otherwise you will start to get really dizzy and lightheaded.

After 1 month on creatine, take 25-30 days off without any creatine and only the other things. Then repeat the process. Best way is right there.

Smokey Joe
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
ohhh, sounds like symptoms of the swine flu... well, it's been nice knowing ya!

;)

tjsunstein
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Can't stress the plenty of fluids part enough.

Strongside
04-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Really no harm in it as long as you keep a steady routine and drink plenty of water. Especially when you're drinking.

Just to be clear, I meant "drinking" as in drinking alcohol, not drinking a creatine shake. Because alcohol is a diuretic-blah blah grade 9 health.

brat316
04-27-2009, 09:00 PM
don't drink alcohol how about that.

Creatine is good in moderation, like every thing. Try other production first before going to pure creatine. Try adding extra whey protein to your diet, or add more calories, in the form of a well balanced weight gainer, try Cyto Sports weight gainer, Cyto Gainer.

Also creatine comes in food, like beef.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I know some were joking, but I am not. Use steroids.

Forenci
04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Eh, I wouldn't bother to be honest. I'm not saying it's not safe or anything (although it's not exactly good for you either) but I just don't see the point to be honest. Too much hassle consuming fluids all the time and having to take it properly in order to get results.

There are plenty of other alternatives to creatine and if your body is losing strength it's probably just overworked more than anything else if you have been continually lifting weights with consistency.

I think most people just don't realize that when you really start gaining a lot of muscle and strength you need to maintain what you're doing to keep muscle but more importantly you need to give your body the proper rest in order for the muscle cells to break down and rebuild themselves.

That is usually a big problem in that people will lift ever day but not alternate their muscle groups properly and it leads to muscle breakdown.

A Perfect Score
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Really, for what you will spend on it, you wont see improvements. Creatine, in my opinion, is highly overrated. Protein is a much better investment. You get enough creatine in your natural diet to produce muscle growth, overloading your system with synthetic **** wont do you any good. I suggest that you vary your workout routine. Oftentimes, when working out and seeming to plateau, its just your body getting used to your current program. I make a habit of getting a new program every 4 weeks, that way, Im always making gains instead of just training my body to do certain exercises well. Id suggest that, and whey protein after working out if you really wanna pack on the muscle. Avoid creatine IMO.