PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see this article?

Black Bolt
04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Looks like there was a reason the Raiders didn't risk trading down in the first.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/04/23/2009-04-23_giants_targeting_maryland_receiver.html

Splat
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Give it a rest all ready.

bored of education
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks like there was a reason the Raiders didn't risk trading down in the first.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/04/23/2009-04-23_giants_targeting_maryland_receiver.html

dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.

Black Bolt
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Give it a rest all ready.

Explain what's wrong with my post. Are their some forbidden topics on this site?

bored of education
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
7. Do not start an excessive number of new threads each day.
a) Your ability to start new threads will be revoked. There are plenty of threads on the site.
b) Don't repeat already posted material. There's a search button on the site that works very well. Use it.

Black Bolt
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
so you can stop skipping. Either that or pull the plug.

dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.
dude shut the **** up.

Black Bolt
04-27-2009, 06:59 PM
7. Do not start an excessive number of new threads each day.
a) Your ability to start new threads will be revoked. There are plenty of threads on the site.
b) Don't repeat already posted material. There's a search button on the site that works very well. Use it.

Is that too much? Are you a board mod? And this is not repeated material, this is brand spanking new.

jnew76
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Okay Black Bolt. We get it. DHB is the next Jerry Rice and Micheal Mitchell is an Ed Reed clone. I for one had DHB as the 12th ranked prospect in my final rankings. But seriously, why don't you make everyone eat crow after they are proven wrong. What could you possibly have to gain by defending Al Davis at this point? The man is completely crazy and the league passed him by 5 years ago. There is a reason the raiders have lost the most games in the NFL since thief last super bowl appearance and he is clearly trying to continue that tradition.

Black Bolt
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Okay Black Bolt. We get it. DHB is the next Jerry Rice and Micheal Mitchell is an Ed Reed clone. I for one had DHB as the 12th ranked prospect in my final rankings. But seriously, why don't you make everyone eat crow after they are proven wrong. What could you possibly have to gain by defending Al Davis at this point? The man is completely crazy and the league passed him by 5 years ago. There is a reason the raiders have lost the most games in the NFL since thief last super bowl appearance and he is clearly trying to continue that tradition.

That is NOT my point. I think that Crabtree is better, but I don't think he wanted us or that we wanted him.

My point is simply this: There are REASONS why we took the players at the spots we took them. Real reasons why a trade down could have been a disaster, but don't count on the draft media to tell you that. And for the record, I think the NFL passed him by 20 years ago, but the last three drafts have been good IMO. DHB and Mitchell will be STARTERS.

TitanHope
04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I understand that you're wanting to defend your team, Black Bolt. But, you have created 3 different threads for a topic that only needs one. Plus, the material you're posting isn't unknown knowledge - ESPN reported the Giants interest in DHB before the Draft, and Mel Kiper Jr. stated that another NFL team graded Mitchell as a 2nd-3rd RD'er during the Draft coverage.

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Jesus you're worse than Blindside after a panthers loss.

PossibleCabbage
04-27-2009, 10:34 PM

You do realize that this report was issued before the draft and that every year before the draft teams circulate all sorts of stupid theories as to what they do as a misinformation campaign in order to mask their true intentions and hopefully get someone else to do something stupid, right?

I mean, the Pats did trade up into the top 10 to grab an offensive player, right?

Crickett
04-27-2009, 10:50 PM
That is NOT my point. I think that Crabtree is better, but I don't think he wanted us or that we wanted him.

My point is simply this: There are REASONS why we took the players at the spots we took them.

Yes, there are.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/354880/2/istockphoto_354880_stop_watch.jpg

the decider13
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
is this ataribigby in raider fan form?

Black Bolt
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I understand that you're wanting to defend your team, Black Bolt. But, you have created 3 different threads for a topic that only needs one. Plus, the material you're posting isn't unknown knowledge - ESPN reported the Giants interest in DHB before the Draft, and Mel Kiper Jr. stated that another NFL team graded Mitchell as a 2nd-3rd RD'er during the Draft coverage.

but it's news to all the people that didn't see the few seconds on television about the Giants and/or didn't here about the Bears interest. It's quite apparent that a lot of people didn't know this information.

Secondly, you are right, I am defending my team from attack at virtually every angle; however, this is a seperate topic. Perhaps I could have combined them all, but I didn't.

Black Bolt
04-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Jesus you're worse than Blindside after a panthers loss.

I do my best.

Black Bolt
04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
You do realize that this report was issued before the draft and that every year before the draft teams circulate all sorts of stupid theories as to what they do as a misinformation campaign in order to mask their true intentions and hopefully get someone else to do something stupid, right?

I mean, the Pats did trade up into the top 10 to grab an offensive player, right?

So what you are saying is that is may be true...or not. Either way, there is possibility that if the Raiders traded down too far, they would have missed out on both Crabtree AND DHB, AND possibly Maclin. The Raiders targeted DHB and he was available, so they picked him. Some disagree with the pick itself, but there's a big crowd criticizing the Raider for not trading down. Well, it's not that easy. First off, you have to have a trading partner. I don't know what player teams would have traded up for at that point. Second, if you are targeting a specific player like the Raiders were, you can't risk moving more than 1 or 2 spots down. So trading down in this instance sounds good, but it was unrealistic.

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2009, 11:43 AM
is this ataribigby in raider fan form?

Bigby was a ******* prophet. I enjoyed watching him get flamed and having everyone find out he was right all along :)

brat316
04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
its done and over, good luck with DHB.

brat316
04-28-2009, 11:49 AM
So what you are saying is that is may be true...or not. Either way, there is possibility that if the Raiders traded down too far, they would have missed out on both Crabtree AND DHB, AND possibly Maclin. The Raiders targeted DHB and he was available, so they picked him. Some disagree with the pick itself, but there's a big crowd criticizing the Raider for not trading down. Well, it's not that easy. First off, you have to have a trading partner. I don't know what player teams would have traded up for at that point. Second, if you are targeting a specific player like the Raiders were, you can't risk moving more than 1 or 2 spots down. So trading down in this instance sounds good, but it was unrealistic.

they shouldn't have traded down 2 far, like to 29. Maybe 5 spots down and still could have gotten one of the WRs you wanted.

bored of education
04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Al Davis..is that you? Al ?

Mr. Goosemahn
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Bigby was a ******* prophet. I enjoyed watching him get flamed and having everyone find out he was right all along :)

What happened to him? Was he banned?

And yeah, I remember one time he went into the Steelers forums asking about the 3-4 defense because he believed the Packers were switching to it. I then went to the Packers forum to make a post about how the 3-4 defense works and what they could do with their players, and everybody was fire-blogging against him for thinking that the Packers would switch to it.

Turns out they did.

XD

Gay Ork Wang
04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
the giants had the #29

yea they really couldve done some damage if the Raiders traded down to the teens

Abaddon
04-28-2009, 02:16 PM
For the record, not all Raider fans are this...what's the word I'm looking for?

Anyway, only the worst are on BlackBolt's level.

Borat
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Thread Hijack Time

What's your favorite sports movie?

I'm going with Caddyshack. Timeless. I still drop some of the classic one-liners all the time.

Mr. Hero
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
For the record, not all Raider fans are this...what's the word I'm looking for?

Anyway, only the worst are on BlackBolt's level.

Dude reminds me of the isiah nut riders on knicks' boards. Sure it was a bad move but look at the potential and isiah liked him so we couldn't have risked not giving away two future first rounders.

BigBanger
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
No, I did not see this article, and my outlook on the Raiders draft has not changed, especially considering that report was totally wrong.

Are you going to show us a Peter King report next? Is DHB the guy the Patriots were looking to grab at 8?

Mr. Hero
04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
No, I did not see this article, and my outlook on the Raiders draft has not changed, especially considering that report was totally wrong.

Are you going to show us a Peter King report next? Is DHB the guy the Patriots were looking to grab at 8?

No the giants were, that's why they grabbed potential over polish with their first round pick grabbing the raw Hakeem Nicks over the ready to contribute kenny britt...oh wait...

niel89
04-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Thread Hijack Time

I'm going with Caddyshack. Timeless. I still drop some of the classic one-liners all the time.

That is a classic movie. I personally love Bull Durham. So much win in that movie. I also love that show Playmakers, I wish that they didnt have to get canceled.

BigBanger
04-28-2009, 02:59 PM
No the giants were, that's why they grabbed potential over polish with their first round pick grabbing the raw Hakeem Nicks over the ready to contribute kenny britt...oh wait...
What? I don't know what you speak of.

Sniper
04-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Thread Hijack Time

I'm partial to Slap Shot. So much win in one movie.

"******* machine took my quarter!"

This just in...The Raiders are still ********.