PDA

View Full Version : the "I Told You So" thread

jnew76
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Toot your own horn here! What were you right about in this years draft that everyone else said you were wrong about? Here is your chance for vindication!!

For me it was projecting Ziggy Hood to 3-4 DE when everyone else said it would be a terrible fit.

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Toot your own horn here! What were you right about in this years draft that everyone else said you were wrong about? Here is your chance for vindication!!

For me it was projecting Ziggy Hood to 3-4 DE when everyone else said it would be a terrible fit.

Jerry and Marks = bad 3-4 ends.

Hood doesn't fall in with them imo.....it was idiots telling you that he was a bad 3-4 end (hence a 3-4 team taking him)

Edit: Correctified it to make it make more sense.

WMD
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I told you that the Lions wouldn't draft an OT #20! Told ya!

Splat
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I tried telling Chiefs fans they would not take Curry but no body wanted to hear it and they were mean to me.:(

YAYareaRB
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I tried to say we wouldn't take Mark Sanchez.

yourfavestoner
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I told you the Jags would go with a big man over a wide receiver at 8.

CashmoneyDrew
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I told everyone we wouldn't take Ron Brace!

skinzzfan25
04-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I told everybody Sanchez wouldn't end up in DC.

MooshooGawd
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I predicted that the Bengals would take Andre Smith over Monroe weeks before everyone's started doing it in their mocks. I win.

jnew76
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Peria Jerry was a terrible fit. Sen'Derrick Marks was a terrible fit. Only idiots would have told you that Hood was.

Edited for my own stupidity.

Basileus777
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I told you the Chiefs taking a LT was just crazy talk.

irishbucsfan
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
I appreciate you calling me an idiot for having an opinion not shared by the masses on this board. Stay Classy Buddy.

He was saying the people who said Hood was a bad fit were idiots. Not you.

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
I appreciate you calling me an idiot for having an opinion not shared by the masses on this board. Stay Classy Buddy.

I was saying that the people calling Hood a bad 3-4 end were idiots. You were not the idiot.

....unless you were also call Jerry and Marks good 3-4 ends....then uh.....yeahhhhhhhh i dunno....

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I told everyone Chris Wells wouldnt be a top 2 RB selected. For what ever reason, posters on this site seems to love wells. lol

jnew76
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I was saying that the people calling Hood a bad 3-4 end were idiots. You were not the idiot.

....unless you were also call Jerry and Marks good 3-4 ends....then uh.....yeahhhhhhhh i dunno....

I completely misconstrucified what you were saying. I hope you see how I did. My fault.

gdamac
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I told numerous mock drafters that Oakland would not pass on Crabtree for another WR.

So whatever the opposite of an "I told you so" is, chalk me up for one of those.

Jensen
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I predicted the Cardinals first day pretty nice. I had them taking Wells at #31 and Sidbury Jr. at #63. Even though Sidbury wasn't the pick, Brown will translate to a 3/4 OLB anyway.

Diehard
04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I was pretty vocal that Denver:

a) wouldn't trade their 1st rounders to go up to get Sanchez, and

b) there was no way in hell they'd even consider Freeman.

Caddy
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I told all the Buc fans Josh Freeman still had a very high chance of landing in Tampa Bay despite us picking up Byron Leftwich.

Caddy
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I was pretty vocal that Denver:

a) wouldn't trade their 1st rounders to go up to get Sanchez, and

b) there was no way in hell they'd even consider Freeman.

The jury is still out on that one champ. If the Buccaneers hadn't traded ahead of them to 17 for all we know Josh Freeman and not Robert Ayers would be a Denver Bronco.

Kurve
04-27-2009, 08:22 PM
i said that Jets would trade up with Cleveland to land Sanchez due to the coaching connections Ryan Brothers and Mangini. I also had a feeling Cleveland would be very active but they were in a different way by trading back more then they were trading forward but never the less they were pretty active in day 1. I also stated last summer that Chris Wells which was a top 10 player on most peoples eyes i stated that he would fall due draft time and that he could possibly their when the 2nd round came which he got picked right when round 1 ended so i was wrong with that one on that aspect. I also stated Raiders would pick up Heyward-Bey but i had them trading back with Phili and picking him in the 20s.

kwilk103
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
pat white would get drafted as a qb and compete for a starting job

ironman4579
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I said Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis were not first round LB's.

DJC
04-27-2009, 08:35 PM
I said Macho Harris would slip into the 5th round, Chris Baker would go undrafted, Rey Maualuga would slide into the 30s, and Louis Delmas will be picked #33 no matter what.

I also guaranteed the Bucs wouldn't take Freeman. :(

Caddy
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I said Macho Harris would slip into the 5th round, Chris Baker would go undrafted, Rey Maualuga would slide into the 30s, and Louis Delmas will be picked #33 no matter what.

I also guaranteed the Bucs wouldn't take Freeman. :(

Take that DJC! :D

Diehard
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
The jury is still out on that one champ. If the Buccaneers hadn't traded ahead of them to 17 for all we know Josh Freeman and not Robert Ayers would be a Denver Bronco.

If you believe McDaniels' post draft commentary, and look at the guys they worked out, they didn't run any smokescreens during the draft process. Every player they brought in / worked out was actually one they were interested in.

Guess who's not on that list?

As for the fear we'd snatch Freeman from the Bucs, McD said that was never the case:

We weren't interested, at that point, in the quarterback

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article995476.ece

The fit just isn't there with Freeman - if we were going to get any 1st round QB, it would've been Sanchez at 12.

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I completely misconstrucified what you were saying. I hope you see how I did. My fault.

My post wasn't really clear....I could see how you could misconstrucify it. All a misunderstand.

S'all good.

3pac
04-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I told you the Colts wouldn't select a WR until day 2.

the decider13
04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I said that there was no way the Broncos would go QB the first 3 rounds.

I also said that Moreno was probably going to be a Bronco. Granted I thought it would be at 18, but whatever haha

nobodyinparticular
04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I told numerous mock drafters that Oakland would not pass on Crabtree for another WR.

So whatever the opposite of an "I told you so" is, chalk me up for one of those.

Specifically, I said it would not be for DHB...

Look at how that worked out... :baghead:

Geo
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I told you the Colts wouldn't select a WR until day 2.
You called that? Nice job, 3pac.

scottyboy
04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
did I say Mike Teel would get drafted? hmm, I was probably deathly tired or intoxicated in some way. either way, TOLD YOU SO!

Caddy
04-27-2009, 10:09 PM
If you believe McDaniels' post draft commentary, and look at the guys they worked out, they didn't run any smokescreens during the draft process. Every player they brought in / worked out was actually one they were interested in.

Guess who's not on that list?

As for the fear we'd snatch Freeman from the Bucs, McD said that was never the case:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article995476.ece

The fit just isn't there with Freeman - if we were going to get any 1st round QB, it would've been Sanchez at 12.

If they wanted him it isn't like they would admit it, thus making themselves look like a weak front office.

PossibleCabbage
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I had second round grades on both Everette Brown and Rey Maualuga. I feel a little smug about that.

keylime_5
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Well even though I changed my stance long ago, I did say Laurinaitis would go before Maualuga about a year ago.

princefielder28
04-27-2009, 10:22 PM
In August I told people to know Larry English and come draft day he went #16. That's quite the jump from the day two projection that all the draft gurus had for him at the beginning of the year.

The Legend
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Marky Mark wouldn't make it out of the top 5 I said that months ago.

Abaddon
04-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Al Davis is a f#@king imbecile.

Told you so?

OzTitan
04-27-2009, 11:02 PM
I TOLD you all the Titans wouldn't take a WR in the 1st.

Oh, wait, wrong year.

RedVision
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I told you Nate Davis was the small-school Troy Smith, and he was choosen 3 pick earlier in the 5th

Brent
04-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I kept dreaming that Crabtree would fall to us.

Hollywood
04-27-2009, 11:34 PM
About a year+ ago I said with great certainty that Phil Loadholt would absolutely without a doubt be a top 3 pick in the 2009 draft. err...wait...

BeerBaron
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I TOLD you all the Titans wouldn't take a WR in the 1st.

Oh, wait, wrong year.

Haha, I was laughing when they showed Beanie on the phone before they showed who the Titans actually picked.

I was about to declare that even worse than DHB to the Raiders.......but it turned out it was the Cards on the phone with him, lol.

OzTitan
04-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Haha, I was laughing when they showed Beanie on the phone before they showed who the Titans actually picked.

I was about to declare that even worse than DHB to the Raiders.......but it turned out it was the Cards on the phone with him, lol.

It was a bit of a shock here too. I think it was the only time in the 1st round on ESPN at least where they showed someone on the phone who wasn't chosen by the team on the clock, so it goes without saying by the 30th pick seeing him on the phone when the Titans were picking made it seem like they were really about to do it.

4 RB's in the first 2 rounds since 2006 would have been a bit silly, but with the Boldin for White + a pick trade rumors at the time, I quickly assumed that the Titans must have a deal in place and were taking LenDale's replacement, so I wasn't angry or anything.

BeerBaron
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
It was a bit of a shock here too. I think it was the only time in the 1st round on ESPN at least where they showed someone on the phone who wasn't chosen by the team on the clock, so it goes without saying by the 30th pick seeing him on the phone when the Titans were picking made it seem like they were really about to do it.

4 RB's in the first 2 rounds since 2006 would have been a bit silly, but with the Boldin for White + a pick trade rumors at the time, I quickly assumed that the Titans must have a deal in place and were taking LenDale's replacement, so I wasn't angry or anything.

Yeah, I had heard those same rumors......I also thought that maybe they were just preparing really really early for when White becomes a FA.

But just seeing that at that moment....rational thought was suspended, lol.

Geo
04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Hah, doesn't that sort of remind you of 2007 when Greg Olsen was on the phone with the Bears (pick #31) and even wearing a Bears cap, while San Diego (#30) was still on the clock?

I was watching NFL Network, so I had no idea ESPN showed Donald Brown on the phone with the Colts before the pick. Which is better, to find out from the Commish at the podium.

JHG722
04-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I told you Nate Davis was the small-school Troy Smith, and he was choosen 3 pick earlier in the 5th

I hate this stupid term small school. I've heard people use it for us, and we're the 28th largest school in the country. Ball State, btw, has nearly 20,500 students. The MAC is not D-II or D-III football, so stop with the small school crap.

Oh, and some people told me my dude Terrance Knighton wouldn't be drafted. Jokes on them.

BeerBaron
04-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Hah, doesn't that sort of remind you of 2007 when Greg Olsen was on the phone with the Bears (pick #31) and even wearing a Bears cap, while San Diego (#30) was still on the clock?

I was watching NFL Network, so I had no idea ESPN showed Donald Brown on the phone with the Colts before the pick. Which is better, to find out from the Commish at the podium.

Oh I agree 100000% with that part. I wish they wouldn't do it.....but, it happens, and sometimes funny things like that happen.

I honestly think they shouldn't even hint at the pick (ala Berman a few years ago) before the commish announces it.

I hate this stupid term small school. I've heard people use it for us, and we're the 28th largest school in the country. Ball State, btw, has nearly 20,500 students. The MAC is not D-II or D-III football, so stop with the small school crap.

Oh, and some people told me my dude Terrance Knighton wouldn't be drafted. Jokes on them.

I think I just explained this to someone else.....Your not being called a "small school" as in your campus and stupid body are small. Your just not a football powerhouse. Hence, in the world of football, your "small."

JHG722
04-28-2009, 01:04 AM

Oh I agree 100000% with that part. I wish they wouldn't do it.....but, it happens, and sometimes funny things like that happen.

I honestly think they shouldn't even hint at the pick (ala Berman a few years ago) before the commish announces it.

I think I just explained this to someone else.....Your not being called a "small school" as in your campus and stupid body are small. Your just not a football powerhouse. Hence, in the world of football, your "small."

Was Jason Smith called a small school player? Eugene Monroe? Josh Freeman? Donald Brown? Kenny Britt?

BeerBaron
04-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Was Jason Smith called a small school player? Eugene Monroe? Josh Freeman? Donald Brown? Kenny Britt?

No. They all come from BCS programs. You can easily say that none come from football powerhouses, none of their schools will be confused with the USC's and Ohio State's of the world, but had any of their respective programs gone completely undefeated, they would have been in national championship consideration.

Ball State....not so much.

JHG722
04-28-2009, 01:15 AM
No. They all come from BCS programs. You can easily say that none come from football powerhouses, none of their schools will be confused with the USC's and Ohio State's of the world, but had any of their respective programs gone completely undefeated, they would have been in national championship consideration.

Ball State....not so much.

Yes, that's called non-BCS. Pretty simple then. Just say from a non-BCS school.

There is nothing that makes schools like Ball State 'small'. I dont see why they use that wording.

BeerBaron
04-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Yes, that's called non-BCS. Pretty simple then. Just say from a non-BCS school.

There is nothing that makes schools like Ball State 'small'. I dont see why they use that wording.

One syllable vs. four. Really, people are just that lazy....It's all I got for ya. I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

OneToughGame
04-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Maybe not on here but I said if KC doesn't take Curry Seattle will take him in a heartbeat lol.

thebow305
04-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I knew Sean Smith would end up a Phin! :)

And I also said Bruce Johnson, CB, Miami was terrible and deserved to go undrafted, even though Scott had him as a top 10 CB at one point. Guess the NFL agreed with me.

killxswitch
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Two months ago I said the Colts would take Terrance Taylor in the 5th. A compensatory 4th is close!

I also said Denver would not take a QB, that Orton was their guy, and that they'd focus strictly on defense in the first round. So I was close.

I kind of told you so.

LizardState
04-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I sorta/kinda/maybe told you so that:

The Raiders &/or Vikings would draft players that would make everybody say they're doing "something stupid," & guess what, they both did.

Andre Smith would "drop" out of the top 3 but not out of the top 10

Some lucky team would have Crabtree fall into their lap in the top 10 b/c of drafting for team needs, & he did to the 9ers at #10

The Giants would draft WR(s) to replace Plaxico Burress vs. trading with trade-happy Mangini & the Browns, & they took Nicks & Plaxico lookalike Ramses Barden

Jarron Gilbert would be the steal pick of this draft, & it was confirmed Monday morning by Kiper & his encyclopedic draft mind

The NFLN coverage of he draft would make ESPN's coverage look like dogshit b/c NFLN is owned & operated by, uhhh, the NFL

Jerry Jones & the Dallas braintrust would trade down if they didn't get the guy they wanted & it would be another case of short term gain, long term pain (they missed Jarron Gilbert by 1 pick to the Bears at start of day 2)

One pick would be traded at least twice after being acquired by a team that traded up, pick #19 originally belonged to Tampa Bay, then to Cleveland, then to the Eagles

Kiper would browbeat his younger rival McShay on the air in 80% of their split-screen draft discussions (& the old pro did it every time 'cause that's the way they do it downtown......)

FlyingElvis
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I had Pettigrew to the Lions at 20 in my mock. Though, to be fair, I scored it at 85 points based on Cadillac's scoring system. So there's that.

rockio42
04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
I called Sanchez and Freeman would royally **** my mock, and I was right

regoob2
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I told you Nicks would not go round 1. :( Now it got this sweet sig.

Black Bolt
04-28-2009, 11:27 AM
..that contrary to popular belief, they were NOT targeting OT at the top of the draft, they were targeting WR.

Nalej
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I told you the Pats wouldn't pass on Rey Maualuga- for anything!
I even ripped some people in their mocks for doing so- so yea.

Not only did we pass on him. We passed on him twice. Sorry guys. F--k'd that one up

killxswitch
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM

Not only did we pass on him. We passed on him twice. Sorry guys. F--k'd that one up

I was shocked when the Pats didn't take him the first time. The 2nd time I thought I somehow just missed the pick, because surely they wouldn't pass on him twice... Weird day.

Babylon
04-29-2009, 11:24 AM

Passing on Rey didnt shock me at all but passing on Connor Barwin 3 times made me look foolish i guess.

abaddon41_80
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Every 49er fan told you all that there was no way that we would draft Sanchez.

Halsey
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I told people a long time ago that Stafford was a lock for #1. Many people knew it was true, but there were many who actually thought the Lions would take an OT or...LB(lol) with the #1 pick. I was also one of the people saying Curry was not a lock for a top 3 pick.

Splat
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Passing on Rey didnt shock me at all but passing on Connor Barwin 3 times made me look foolish i guess.

I really thought Barwin would end up in NE some how seemed like a perfect fit my bad.

thebow305
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Every 49er fan told you all that there was no way that we would draft Sanchez.

That is a moot point, because they never really had a chance to. No one actually had the Niners trading up to draft him, but the consensus among mock drafters were that if he was to fall, there was a good chance they would have to take him at 10.

thebow305
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I said Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis were not first round LB's.

I agree about Laurinaitis. I think anyone who actually watched him play and didn't just look at the stats, would agree he's completely overrated.

But Maualuga falling to the 2nd just means there were 31 foolish teams, and the Lions count twice. I mean come on, Brandon Pettigrew AND Louis Delmas over Rey Maualuga? I could understand if they passed on him at 20 for MICHAEL OHER, who miraculously fell into their laps. But passing on him a SECOND, or really a THIRD time for Louis Delmas!? That's just preposterous!

They should have ended the first 2 rounds with Matthew Stafford, Michael Oher and Rey Maualuga. They could have changed the face of their franchise with those guys. They should have followed the Falcons blueprint with Ryan, Baker, and Lofton on the first day. Same situation, and yet they didn't. Can't say I'm surprised though, they are the Detroit Lions after all.

Ok, I'm done.

BaLLiN
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
I tried to say that Hakeem Nicks was better than Kenny Britt, or at least i liked him better because he could play asap whereas Britt probably cant.