PDA

View Full Version : Who would YOU have picked?

lotusfather
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
If you ran your teams draft, of the players left on the board who would you have picked?
Either allow or ignore any trades they made.

Steelers

James Laurinaitis, Rey Maualuga or Eben Britton in the 1st. Would have loved Alex Mack here but since he is gone it would be between these guys, probably Laurinaitis.

Jarron Gilbert instead of trading out of the 2nd.

Keenan Lewis was a good fit in the 3rd.

Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson in the 4th.

James Davis and Brannan Southerland in the 5th.

Sammie Stroughter in the 6th.

A.Q. Shipley and Gerald Cadogan in the 7th.

I would love to say Mitch King in there somewhere but he doesn't fit the 3-4 at all.

bored of education
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
1. Eugene Monroe
3. Jarron Gilbert
4. Lawrence Sidbury
5. Johnny Knox
6. Myron Pryor
7a. AQ Shipley
7b. Cameron Morrah
7c. Frantz Joseph

FML.

Strongside
04-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Steelers

1st: Eben Britton, the Steelers staff are content with Willie Colon. I'm definitely not sold.

2nd: Jarron Gilbert, need D-Line help now that we passed Hood.

3rd: Keenan Lewis, I've liked this guy for awhile, good pick.

4th: Macho Harris, Great value I thought. Can return.

5th: AQ Shipley, he fell but I would have picked him here.

5th: Frank Summers, BEAST.

6th: Sammie Stroughter, need WR depth, waited too long.

7th: Chris Baker, DL depth, would have taken him too.

7th: Antonio Appleby, We gonna cut Foote, need depth.

I think I'll just leave it too the experts.

Mr. Hero
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Clint Sintim (I might've pulled the trigger on William Moore or Connor Barwin, but probably not over sintim)
2. William Beatty
3. Ramses Barden
3. Chip Vaughn
4. Andre Brown
5. James Casey
6. AQ Shipley
7. Graham Gano

coordinator0
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm only going into the Ravens first pick, but I would have done the exact same thing lol. Oher FTW!

Cicero
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
1. Beastree
2. Darius Butler
3. Andre Brown
4. Jonathon Luigs
5. Marcus Freeman
6. Brandon Gibson
7. Mike Mickens
7. Cornelius Lewis
7. Gerald Cadogan
7. Darry Beckwith

I would definitely still want to send that second round pick to Denver for their 1st next year though. This was assuming we kept all of our picks.

RaiderNation
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Crabtree or Monroe in the 1st
Everette Brown in the 2nd
DT in the 3rd
Chip Vaughn in the 4th

BamaFalcon59
04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
For the Falcons at the time of the picks I liked...

1: Everette Brown
2: William Moore
3: DJ Moore
4: Lawrence Sidbury

The bolded ones actually happened.

I don't remember who I wanted at the time of the pick past round four.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-28-2009, 05:37 PM
1NnG5clnqdQ

the decider13
04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Trade up for Raji and take ayers at 18

Jensen
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
1. Chris Wells
2. Cody Brown
3. Rashad Johnson
4. Duke Robinson
5. Coye Francies
6. A.Q. Shipley
7. Chris Baker
7. Trevor Canfield

I liked most of Arizona's picks. I wanted to change Brown out, but there wasn't really any good 3-4 OLB's left on the board that went anywhere close to him and I didn't feel like switching out Johnson or Robinson. I loved the Rashad Johnson pick in the 3rd, so I'll stay with that.

Brent
04-28-2009, 06:01 PM
1NnG5clnqdQ
isnt this trolling or post-whoring of some sort?

Also, I would still take Crabtree.

phlysac
04-28-2009, 06:01 PM
1. (10) Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
2. (43) Lawrence Sidbury - DE - Richmond
3. (74) TJ Lang - OT - Eastern Michigan
4. (111) Andre Brown - RB - North Carolina State
5. (146) Scott McKillop - ILB - Pittsburgh
5. (171) Nate Davis - QB - Ball State
6. (184) Bear Pascoe - TE - Fresno State
7. (219) Mike Mickens - CB - Cincinnati
7. (244) Frantz Joseph - LB - Florida Atlantic

What Scot McCloughan did with his acquisition of a #1 pick next season as well as the UDFA signings of Pannel Egboh, Kory Sheets, and Brandon Long makes his alot better than mine.

DJC
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Buccaneers

#19. Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest
With Buchanon gone and Ronde declining, Talib is our only legit starting CB that we can depend on past this year. Elbert Mack looks like a good sleeper, but probably better suited to play nickel. Alphonso was one of my favorite prospects from this draft. I think him, Aqib, Tanard, and possibly Sabby would have made up a great secondary with game changing potential for the next decade. I'm warming up to the Freeman pick, but I'd still rather Alphonso.
#81. Roy Miller, DT Texas
I liked this pick and would stick with it. Our DT rotation is very poor right now and I like the attitude Roy brings with him. Hard worker that seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder because of his knocks on his athleticism and he feels like he's got something to prove. I would've also considered Mike Wallace.
#120. Lawrence Sidbury, DE Richmond
I like the Moore pick, but I really like Sidbury's potential and value at this point. Our pass rush was pretty poor last season as Stylez G. White's production really dropped off and Gaines still hasn't had that breakout season (it's coming). Also would've considered Kyle Moore still, Jarret Dillard, Brandon Williams and Austin Collie.
#155. Jamon Meredith, OT South Carolina
He suffered a pretty bad drop on draft day and their most be more to it than what the general public knows, but I would've taken a chance on his potential this late in the draft. We need depth on the OL and he fits the new ZBS system we'll be using. Also would consider Macho Harris, Brooks Foster, and Nate Davis.
#191. Demetrius Byrd, WR Louisiana State
Brings some potential to our receiving corps. Could develop into a nice compliment to what we have there right now.
#217. Trevor Canfield, OG Cincinnati
More OL depth that fits the ZBS, and great value.
#229. Sammie Stroughter, WR Oregon State
I'd keep this pick. I really like Stroughter, especially this late in the draft.
#233. Emmanuel Cook, S South Carolina
We need depth at safety, and I've always liked Cook as a prospect.

Don Vito
04-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I am content with the Pats draft because we got very nice depth and some nice talents while saving some money and adding two second rounders for next year. We could have had added a lot of top talent at positions of need if we wanted to:

1. Michael Oher OT
2a. Rey Maualuga ILB
2b. Connor Barwin OLB
2c. Sean Smith DB
3a. Kraig Urbrik OG
3b. Sammie Lee Hill NT
4. Lawrence Sidbury OLB
5. Trevor Canfield OL
6a. Brandon Gibson WR
6b. John Phillips TE
7. Courtney Greene DB

Again, I like the way the Pats draft worked out but this is another way it could've happened with the picks we had. It never would happen though.

PACKmanN
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
only Brown over Matthews. I loved the other picks made by the Packers.

A Perfect Score
04-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I am content with the Pats draft because we got very nice depth and some nice talents while saving some money and adding two second rounders for next year. We could have had added a lot of top talent at positions of need if we wanted to:

1. Michael Oher OT
2a. Rey Maualuga ILB
2b. Connor Barwin OLB
2c. Sean Smith DB
3a. Kraig Urbrik OG
3b. Sammie Lee Hill NT
4. Lawrence Sidbury OLB
5. Trevor Canfield OL
6a. Brandon Gibson WR
6b. John Phillips TE
7. Courtney Greene DB

Again, I like the way the Pats draft worked out but this is another way it could've happened with the picks we had. It never would happen though.

Were all those guys available at those picks? Cause if so, that would have been an absolutely INSANE draft for the Patriots...wow

P-L
04-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok, this is assuming that I had to make all the trades that the Lions did.

1. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
20. Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
33. Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
77. Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
82. Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina
115. Stanley Arnoux, LB, Wake Forest
192. Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati
228. Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska
235. Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada
255. Darry Beckwith, LB, Louisiana State

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Honestly...
R1. Maclin. Best value at a major position of need, fits the offense well
R2. McCoy. Great value at our biggest position of need, perfect fit for the offense.
R3. Chase Coffman. I just love this guy. That being said, I'm not dissapointed with Ingram at all.
R4. Any DT. Within reason of course, I think DT is an underrated need for us.
After that I really don't care, went really well for us.

M.O.T.H.
04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Knowing what we know now. I would have taken Gilbert at 51 or trade down if you really didnt like the value then. Take Jason Williams at 69, like they did....and then take Rashad Johnson somewhere down the line. It was killing me, that we kept passing him over. Also, 6th/7th round...I would have loved a Captain Munnerlyn selection.

edit...I also would have scraped the Mcgee, Buehler, and Hodge selections.

scottyboy
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Kenny Britt.

fmylife

the decider13
04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Kenny Britt.

fmylife

When the giants were picking all I was thinking was "They better pick Britt for Scotty's sanity"

sorry it didn't happen :'(

DeathbyStat
04-28-2009, 09:31 PM
steelers first round

Rey Maualuga

Cigaro
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Panthers:

2(43). Wouldn't have traded for this pick
2(59). Sean Smith, CB, Utah
3(93). Lawrence Sidbury, Jr., DE, Richmond
4(111). Wouldn't have traded for this pick
4(128). Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
5(163). I'm fine with Robinson
7(216). I'm fine with Munnerlyn

jCut
04-28-2009, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't have traded any of the picks.

1 Brian Orakpo
1 Robert Ayers
2 Max Unger
3 Roy Miller
3 Rashad Johnson
4 D.J. Moore
5 Jasper Brinkley
6 Curtis Painter
7 Rashad Jennings
7 Clinton McDonald

Abaddon
04-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Monroe
Brace

Al could have done as he pleased after this.

JHG722
04-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I honestly think the Eagles drafted nearly perfectly. Moreno would've been my #1 choice, and moving up would've been fine, but I think he was a reach where the Broncos took him. I think McCoy was much better value. I'm a HUGE Donald Brown fan, but I wouldnt have taken him that early.

I might've kept our 4th and taken Shawn Nelson instead of Ingram, but Ingram is a great, great player.

I dont love the Topou pick. I would've taken Meredith or Duke Robinson instead. I would've taken Rashad Jennings in the 7th.

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
isnt this trolling or post-whoring of some sort?

Also, I would still take Crabtree.

Not if you're a mod :)

senormysterioso
04-28-2009, 10:11 PM
The only two picks I would change for the Packers would be James Davis in round six and AQ Shipley in round seven, but that's just because I like those two players, not because I don't like the players we got. I'm really happy with what we walked away with.

NIN1984
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
If I was running the Raiders Eugene Monroe and Everette Brown would be wearing silver & black.

Staubach12
04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
(2) 51 - William Moore, S, Missouri
(3) 69 - Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina
(4) 101 - Stephen McGee, QB, Texas A&M
(4) 120 - Brandon Williams, OLB, Texas Tech
(5) 143 - Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
(5) 166 - Herman Johnson, G, LSU
(5) 172 - Jarius Wynn, OLB, Georgia
(6) 197 - Myron Pryor, NT, Kentucky
(6) 208 - Curtis Taylor, S, LSU
(7) 227 - Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia
(7) 229 - Quan Cosby, WR, Texas

That's without the trade down. And don't make fun of me because I have a crush on the SEC.

draftguru151
04-28-2009, 10:52 PM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Clint Sintim
2. Sean Smith
3. Jared Cook
4. DJ Moore
5. Duke Robinson
5. Brandon Gibson
6. Andrew Gardner
7. Captain Munnerlyn

pr0d1gy
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Atlanta

1 (24) Peria Jerry, dt, Mississippi. ---MY PICK: Maybe Ron Brace, pretty happy with Jerry though---

2 (55) William Moore, db, Missouri. ---Great pick here, if I had to take someone else then maybe Michael Johnson---

3 (90) Christopher Owens, db, San Jose St. ---Rashad Johnson for sure---

4 (125) Lawrence Sidbury, de, Richmond. ---another great pick, if I had to pick then Jason Phillips---

5 (138) William Middleton, db, Furman. ---Duke Robinson, how the hell did he drop this far?---

5 (156) Garrett Reynolds, ot, North Carolina. ----Herman Johnson, wtf?---

6 (176) Spencer Adkins, lb, Miami. ---Captain Munnerlyn, but I thought this was a good pick and Captain was there in the 7th...again, WTF!!!---

7 (210) Vance Walker, dt, Georgia Tech. ---Ricky Jean Francois, seriously? National Champ game MVP comes back for his senior year and this is what he gets? 7th freakin round? Really???---

In the end all I can say is this is, BY FAR, one of the wierdest drafts in recent memory. There were so many guys not drafted and so many reaches that it was just mass chaos. I think the Vicks and Plaxicos of the world have completely changed the draft process.

wicket
04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Saints:
1st: Malcolm Jenkins (I would play him at FS though)
4th: Chip Vaughn (well prolly not but Im fine with the pick, depending on the possibility of me deciding where jenkins plays)
4th: Gerald McRath, I like him over Arnoux by a mile and imo is a better fit at will.
5th: Wouldnt have traded up here.
Our original 7th rounder: AQ Shipley or Rashad Jennings

Halsey
04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I was cheering for the Falcons to take Eben Britton at 24, but I trust Thomas Dimitroff, Mike Smith, etc more than I trust myself. They have given every reason to be confident in their abilities so far and I'm not the type of fan who pretends to break down hours of game film on every prospect. Honestly, I've watched very little of Jerry or Britton and haven't really broken down tape at all. Watching lineman on TV isn't the same as analyzing game tape.

cdub11
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Jarron Gilbert at 51 instead of trading down

Don Vito
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Were all those guys available at those picks? Cause if so, that would have been an absolutely INSANE draft for the Patriots...wow

Yes they were, but that is not the direction we wanted to go with this draft. I am happy with our draft but that class I listed could've beasted pretty hard.

Gay Ork Wang
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
im happy with all the picks, maybe pick up Duke Robinson somewhere

SeanTaylorRIP
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Redskins

1st- Orakpo: No Question the best possible pick. Orakpo was #3 on my overall Skins board behind Aaron Curry and Jason Smith.
3rd- Kevin Barnes. I'm in love with this pick and wouldn't change it. Gives our secondary so much versatility. Only other guy I'd consider is Tyrone Mckenzie.
5th-Fenuki Tupou/Jamon Meredith/Duke Robinson: Any of them would be 100000000000x better than Cody Glenn.
6th- Will Davis/Vance Walker
7th- Gerald Cadogan/Jason Watkins
7th-Marko Mitchell:Perfect pick.

kiranadwaney
04-29-2009, 12:46 PM
For the falcons I would have tried to trade out of the first, but if I couldn't I would have taken Louis Delmas at 24.

I was delighted with William Moore in the second

In the third round I wanted Lawrence Sidbury Jr, and then when he fell to the forth I wanted him again, and we took him.

With the first of our 5th rounders I would have taken Marcus Freeman, and with the second of them I would have taken Jamon Meredith.

In the sixth I wanted us to take Zack Follett, and he was there for us to take in the seventh aswell, so would have taken him with the 7th.

BigBanger
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Bills Draft

1. 11 - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
1. 28 - Eben Britton, RT, Arizona
2. 42 - William Beatty, LT, Connecticut
2. 51 - Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State
4. 121 - Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Mississippi

lotusfather
04-30-2009, 12:38 AM
:rolleyes: With the Steelers likely to release Foote and Farrior up there in years I think it would have been a pretty good idea to get a replacement ready. Who is available next year that will be available when we pick?

vidae
04-30-2009, 12:45 AM
1. Eugene Monroe
3. Jarron Gilbert
4. Lawrence Sidbury
5. Johnny Knox
6. Myron Pryor
7a. AQ Shipley
7b. Cameron Morrah
7c. Frantz Joseph

FML.

This. Right. Here.

Mitu
04-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Im a Steelers guy, but since there's plenty of that in here, I'll go with the Lions:

1. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
20. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
33. James Laurinaitis, ILB, OSU
77. Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama
82. Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
115.Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
192. Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati
228. Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon St.
235. Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
255. Chris Baker, DT, Hampton

RealityCheck
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM