PDA

View Full Version : Antone Smith

superman
04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
say he ran his 4.3 and put up his 32 or whatever (i've read 30, and i've read 34 but some were bad so idk, still freaking insane for a 190 lbs guy) bench reps at the combine.

does he get drafted?

he did have a good senior year

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
If he was invited to the combine then yes, because he performed well enough to go to the combine. Because he sucks, he didn't get drafted.

BuddyCHRIST
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM
well the draft happened, and he didn't. He's gotten some interest from teams and rumored to have a workout with the Dolphins but right now he's mulling his options. I'm surprised he didn't get more of a look, especially considering his early struggles were mostly due to our terrible O-line.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
well the draft happened, and he didn't. He's gotten some interest from teams and rumored to have a workout with the Dolphins but right now he's mulling his options. I'm surprised he didn't get more of a look, especially considering his early struggles were mostly due to our terrible O-line.

He was terrible as a runner though, no vision or elusiveness. Sure he is fast, but that doesn't help when he runs straight into the defense every time...

superman
04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
i believe he was a lot better runner than booker and the dolphins took him

not surprised they're sniffing around antone

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
IMO, Booker was a much more natural and better runner than Smith.

Cicero
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
He can have some value on kick returns. Everyone wants to have guys who run a 4.3 returning kicks.

Wow I fail at typing today. Fixed.

BuddyCHRIST
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
His vision really wasn't poor, he had no blocking up until this past year, but the problem with him is he always ran falling down it seemed like, he never had any attitude and will to break tackles, he just kind of fell down. With his build he should have bounced off tacklers, but he went down almost as easy as Lorenzo Booker. Who broke tackles as well as my grandmother, always thought he would be better at WR.

I will admit Smith is a little tight in the hips for a guy whose short.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Smith does have poor vision. The bad line and questionable play calling had some to do with his failures, but his vision was awful. The only runs he could make were if his OL made a gaping hole, which is why his stats were dictated by long runs. If he had a 13+ yard run, his stats were acceptable, if not, then his stats were horrid.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
He can have some value on kick returns. Everyone wants to have guys who run a 4.3 returning kicks.

Wow I fail at typing today. Fixed.

He's not a good kick returner at all. He is a straightline runner all the way, and his vision is terrible, so scratch that.