04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
My pick.

Shaun Hill
7-3 as a starter
2,547 yards
21 TD's (18 passing 3 rushing)
9 INT
90.5 rating

Honestly, all homer aside I don't understand the lack of respect for Shaun Hill who has come into San Francisco and given nothing but positive results. The guys has played great over the 10 games he has started and put up solid numbers. I expect him to start this year, and hopefully shut everyone up. This is in no way claiming he is a top 10 NFL QB, but he is respectable and underrated IMO.

Don Vito
04-30-2009, 08:00 PM
He may not be even be a starter, but Bills RB Fred Jackson is an absolute beast who gets no recognition. That dude runs HARD.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I think London Fletcher. It's amazing how in all his years in St. Louis, Buffalo, and now Washington he has never made a single pro bowl. Also whenever people talk about best linebackers in the game he's never even in a top 10 list. I believe that behind Ray Lewis he has the most tackles this decade, and he is a leader for his defense just like Ray Ray.

derza222
04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Kevin Walter is very underrated IMO.

Chinny Ndukwe also doesn't get nearly as much love as he should, though a lot of the young guys on the Bengals defense are in the same boat. Domata Peko in particular comes to mind. It'll be interesting to see if they manage to come together pretty well this year, because I think that unit could surprise.

Don Vito is also right, Fred Jackson can ball. Very good back that's just stuck in a tough situation, but he does great things when he's in the game.

Chief49er
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I think London Fletcher. It's amazing how in all his years in St. Louis, Buffalo, and now Washington he has never made a single pro bowl. Also whenever people talk about best linebackers in the game he's never even in a top 10 list. I believe that behind Ray Lewis he has the most tackles this decade, and he is a leader for his defense just like Ray Ray.

He has never made the pro-bowl? Thats crazy, he has always been very solid.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2009, 08:13 PM
He has never made the pro-bowl? Thats crazy, he has always been very solid.

That's the problem he's always just been regarded as "solid." The fact is though every year in his career his prime being in Buffalo although he plays at the same level until now, he has been an absolute tackling machine. Also how can't you love a guy who is short and swole but is so rangy on the field. Most impressive though is Fletcher was an undrafted rookie from division 3 John Carroll.

fenikz
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Adrian Wilson
6'3

613 tackles
18.5 Sacks
11 FF
18 INT
60 PD

SeanTaylorRIP
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Adrian Wilson
6'3

613 tackles
18.5 Sacks
11 FF
18 INT
60 PD

Everyone regards him as a top 10 safety, I don't think he's underrated really.

fenikz
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Everyone regards him as a top 10 safety, I don't think he's underrated really.

you sir just proved my point

whatadai
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Carson Palmer, just because he's on a POS team.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Stewart Bradley is pretty underrated.

jimmylishis
04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Chad Greenway is extremely underrated. He gets absolutely no recognition even though hes a flat out beast.

Anthony Herrera is pretty underrated too.

whatadai
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Stewart Bradley is pretty underrated.

I don't think he is. He pretty much did what was expected of him at MLB in that defense. Personally, I and a couple of other friends expected him to be able to do more.

whatadai
04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Anthony Herrera is pretty underrated too.

That's taking the easy way out. Most offensive linemen are underrated by the general public and media.

the decider13
04-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Pierre Thomas
Ryan Harris
Chris Johnson (Raider)

These are the best examples I can think of at this time.

Mr. Hero
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
The Bengals Defense, Peko's a monster and they have a good young secondary.

04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
The other Chris Johnson. Not everyone knows who he is exactly, but he played like a shutdown corner down the stretch for Oakland. For the amount of action he saw playing across from Aso, the guy more than held his own and was probably our second best defensive player behind the obvious during that time. Probably too small a sample size to be totally sure though. I'd also consider Zach Miller, especially since I believe he will become a pro bowler as soon as next season, while still under the radar somewhat.

the decider13
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
The other Chris Johnson. Not everyone knows who he is exactly, but he played like a shutdown corner down the stretch for Oakland. For the amount of action he saw playing across from Aso, the guy more than held his own and was probably our second best defensive player behind the obvious during that time. Probably too small a sample size to be totally sure though. I'd also consider Zach Miller, especially since I believe he will become a pro bowler as soon as next season, while still under the radar somewhat.

Psh...look 2 posts up lol

As a Bronco fan, I can appreciate Chris Johnson

scottyboy
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Shaun O'Hara.

looked down upon because he's not the most physically imposing center or dominating run blocker, but he's unbelievably smart and an exceptional leader. Fantastic center who doesn't get enough recognition. bow down to him, now.

7-11
04-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Anthony Gonzalez. I don't even know if he's underrated but the kid just does not do anything wrong. I think with Marvin out of the way he is really going to shine and catch 75+ balls this year.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Quintin Mikell.

ironman4579
04-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I'll throw out a couple of ex Michigan guys. Leon Hall and David Harris.

Hall tied with Corey Webster for the league lead in PD's in '08 with 27 to go with 3 INT's (although that also means he's getting thrown at as well). In his rookie year of '07, finished tied for 9th in the NFL with 5 INT's, as well as finishing second among rookies with 17 PD's, and tied for the rookie lead with 5 INT's. In 2 seasons has 143 tackles, 44 PD's, 8 INT's, 1 FF, 1 FR.

Harris was injured and only played in 11 games this year, but was also injured early in two games, so really 9 games. Despite an injury plagued '08, managed 75 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FR, and 1 PD. As a rookie, he had a fantastic season, despite only starting 9 games, yet garnered little talk for rookie of the year (to be fair, Patrick Willis and Jon Beason both had great seasons as well). as a rookie in '07, had 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 PD's, 2 FF's, and a FR. In 2 seasons has 202 tackles, 6 sacks, 4 PD's, 2 FF's, and 2 FR's in 20 starts.

Malaka
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
The whole Giants O-Line is pretty underrated... aside from my beloved Giants...

I definitely think Zach Miller is underrated he is a beast, pretty good blocker, and an excellent receiver for the Raiders, best receiver on that team by far right now.

I think Chad Greenway and EJ Henderson are also underrated two extremely good LBs who don't get much respect playing in a pretty damn good defense in Minnesota.

Kawika Mitchell is also pretty underrated he was really good at OLB for the Giants, and pretty good in Buffalo but I don't hear too many people talk about him. Then again most 4-3 OLBs are extremely underrated in the first place...

Lastly... Bart Scott, I think he has become so overrated that he is now underrated if you get what I mean...

7-11
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Harris was injured and only played in 11 games this year, but was also injured early in two games, so really 9 games. Despite an injury plagued '08, managed 75 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FR, and 1 PD. As a rookie, he had a fantastic season, despite only starting 9 games, yet garnered little talk for rookie of the year (to be fair, Patrick Willis and Jon Beason both had great seasons as well). as a rookie in '07, had 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 PD's, 2 FF's, and a FR. In 2 seasons has 202 tackles, 6 sacks, 4 PD's, 2 FF's, and 2 FR's in 20 starts.

I think most people think that David Harris is a really good, young 3-4 ILB

TitanHope
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM

From 2001-2008, Fletcher has more tackles than Lewis. Fletch has 1,102 TOT's to Ray's 911 TOT's. Zach Thomas has 1,076.

I think Keith Bulluck leads OLB's with 930. :cool:

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
The whole Giants O-Line is pretty underrated... aside from my beloved Giants...

No, it's not. Everyone knows how good that OL is.

Malaka
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
No, it's not. Everyone knows how good that OL is.

As a unit its not underrated but the players that make it up are...

04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Psh...look 2 posts up lol

As a Bronco fan, I can appreciate Chris Johnson

I can definitely say the same for Ryan Harris, a legitimate RT I really wish the Raiders had.

MooshooGawd
04-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Dhani Jones.

Crazy how most Bengal fans are already wanting to bench him for Maualuga. The Bengals defense made strides last year and there is no doubt that a large part of it was because of Jones. He's the leader and led the NFL in tackles for most of last season.

21ST
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
As a unit its not underrated but the players that make it up are...

If they all play together how can that be true

Malaka
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
If they all play together how can that be true

Okay... David Diehl, Shaun O'Hara, and Rich Seubert are pretty underrated, and so was Chris Snee up until last year, he is easily a top 3 guard and didn't get recognition until last year, however I do think Kareem McKenzie is a bit overrated...

Giantsfan1080
04-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Homer pick- Corey Webster
Non Homer pick- Chad Greenway

vikes_28
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Chester Taylor. The guy has to run behind AD. Anyone who has to run behind him is obviously underrated. I also think that Derrick Ward is underrated.

TitanHope
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Okay... David Diehl, Shaun O'Hara, and Rich Seubert are pretty underrated, and so was Chris Snee up until last year, he is easily a top 3 guard and didn't get recognition until last year, however I do think Kareem McKenzie is a bit overrated...

Seubert is. Diehl doesn't get enough credit when it comes to the best LT's in the NFL. O'Hara, Snee, and McKenzie don't necessarily fall under the under-rated category, in my opinion. The Giants have one of the best OL's in the entire NFL.

Malaka
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Seubert is. Diehl doesn't get enough credit when it comes to the best LT's in the NFL. O'Hara, Snee, and McKenzie don't necessarily fall under the under-rated category, in my opinion. The Giants have one of the best OL's in the entire NFL.

I don't think Snee is anymore but he was up until last year like I said, I do think O'Hara doesn't get credit as one of the better Cs in the league.

NIN1984
04-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Buccaneers O-line is really good and everyone is under 30 on the line. One of the best units in the NFL.

PACKmanN
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
so when is a mod going to change the name of this thread?

Xenos
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Quentin Jammer. One of the hardest worker in the NFL. And one of the best at adapting to the Ty Law rule in 2004. Actually had his best year last season even without the pass rush of Shawne Merriman. He was the true pro bowler in 2007, not Cromartie. Great run stopper and coverage CB. Only problem is stone hands (though better than it was in the past).

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0423/nfl_g_jammer_200.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f7k53N1RQ3rY/610x.jpg
http://patsblog.projo.com/firstchamp6.jpg

ironman4579
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I think most people think that David Harris is a really good, young 3-4 ILB

On here, yes. However, I almost never hear his name mentioned in the media when people are discussing the top young LB's in the game. I can't remember how many times I heard people saying the Jets should sign Ray Lewis. Now I'm not saying Harris is anywhere near Ray Lewis. I also understand that had alot to do with the Rex Ryan connection. But Harris is a very good young LB that is far cheaper than Ray, but it was like the Jets had nothing in the middle other than Bart Scott once they signed him.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Surprised that only one person mentioned Jammer, because i would have to agree. I think Ike Taylor is a guy who gets little love for someone who is very solid (albeit with terrible hands).

Not sure if i'd include Dhani Jones, but i won't argue with someone's opinion.

I can't say anyone on the Jets is underrated because my opinion of them is different than that of another teams fan.

Kavika Mitchell for the Bills i think is a really good player, and he made more than his share of big plays, at least in games i watched. As a division rival, i think he's someone that doestn' get mentioned, but i think about while watching a game.

tjsunstein
04-30-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't think there are going to be any Packers mentioned by anyone else but if I had to name one, James Jones. When healthy this guy does good things for us. On the defensive side of the ball, it was Cullen Jenkins until he did so well until getting injured last year. With the switch we may have an underrated piece of the defense that I can mention during and after the season.

The Legend
04-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Maake Kemoeatu

bucs-buffs-avs
05-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll be a homer and go with Bucs MLB Barret Ruud.

Over the last two years, he has 251 total tackles, 9 Passes Defended, 3 Forced Fumbles, 3 Sacks, and 4 Interceptions.

themaninblack
05-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Dhani Jones.

Crazy how most Bengal fans are already wanting to bench him for Maualuga. The Bengals defense made strides last year and there is no doubt that a large part of it was because of Jones. He's the leader and led the NFL in tackles for most of last season.

Yea I've actually been thinkin we should just let Rey play SLB to start out. Dhani has been great.

SenorGato
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Angelo Crowell
Eric Winston and the Texans offense in general
Dwayne Bowe
Gabe Watson
Tommy Kelly (paid big, but when healthy he's really good)
Eric Steinbach

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Quentin Jammer turned the corner in 2005 and never looked back, but still gets called a bust by people who only judge CBs by interception numbers.

Sniper
05-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Quentin Jammer turned the corner in 2005 and never looked back, but still gets called a bust by people who only judge CBs by interception numbers.

Nnamdi Asomugha sucks. He had one INT last year.

CroomDawgs
05-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Offense:Bernard Berrian- If the guy actually ever had a QB to throw for him he might be a pro bowler.

Defense: Marcus Trufant- Has been a shutdown corner for years in Seattle and never is mentioned when talking about top corners.

jsa230
05-01-2009, 01:12 AM
dude, what do you think sage is for? I want to be the first to say this, Berrian is a lock for the pro bowl next year.

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Quentin Jammer. One of the hardest worker in the NFL. And one of the best at adapting to the Ty Law rule in 2004. Actually had his best year last season even without the pass rush of Shawne Merriman. He was the true pro bowler in 2007, not Cromartie. Great run stopper and coverage CB. Only problem is stone hands (though better than it was in the past).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtby9RQyiS4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fq%3Dquentin%2520jammer%2520garcia%2520blood%2 6hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%2Dus%26&feature=player_embedded

Here's the vid of Jammer burying Jeff Garcia; Garcia played the rest of the game with blood gushing from his face, amazing.

OneToughGame
05-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Offense:Bernard Berrian- If the guy actually ever had a QB to throw for him he might be a pro bowler.

Defense: Marcus Trufant- Has been a shutdown corner for years in Seattle and never is mentioned when talking about top corners.

Trufant had a pretty off year last year so not many people will want to mention him.

EarthWindandFire
05-01-2009, 01:24 AM
All Underrated Team.....

QB-Carson Palmer- I still believe he's the third best QB in the NFL
RB- DeAngelo Williams- thats probably going to change after this season....absolute stud
WR- Dwayne Bowe- wait till you see what thus guy does with Haley and Cassel
TE- Zach Miller- put him on the Steelers or Pats and he'd be a perenial Pro Bowler
OT- David Diehl- some Giant fans actually want this guy replaced....idiots
OG- Jahri Evans- came out of Bloomsburg; hes one of the best interior linemen in the league
C- Nick Mangold- probably the best pivot in the game right now
DE- Aaron Smith- yeah he's a 3-4 end who doesn't put up a lot of numbers....he's also one on the top 3 players on that Steeler D
DT- Johnathan Babineaux- not a fan of the guy but he's a hell of a player
OLB- Lance Briggs- gets a lot of recognition but I still don't think people understand how good this guy really is
MLB- London Flethcer- getting up there, but he never got the recognition he deserved for an outstanding career
CB- Corey Webster- might be a homer pick but this guy can play....on a D full of studs, he's right up near the top
S-OJ Atogwe- this guy is going to become a household name in Spag's system....even if no one can prounounce it

K-Shaun Shuisham- he is a vital contributor to the winning efforts of the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles
P- Jeff Feagles- if Shane ******* Lechler can get HOF consideration then so can this guy......a pro's pro

Paranoidmoonduck
05-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Honestly? Tommy Kelly.

He's gets skewered a lot for being overpaid, which he is, but in terms of NFL defensive tackles last year, he was 7th in sacks and he put together some really good games (especially that NYJ game where he gave Alan Faneca headaches all day). And that was his first year back from an ACL tear.

And his 2008 cap figure was under 5 million as I recall. Sure, if he's going to live up to some of the numbers in that contract, he's going to have to improve. And sure, I still feel that he was best as a 5-tech in Oakland's old 34 defense. But he's actually a pretty damn decent defensive tackle with a lot more potential.

jsa230
05-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Jammer burying Jeff Garcia. literally . . .

jammer isn't underrated, but then again you would say that I overrate him, but whatev

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha sucks. He had one INT last year.

;)

Yep you're on the right track here. I mean a ton of linebackers got more than one pick last year, Nnamdi is a scrub, we should just call him alphabet soup.

Crickett
05-01-2009, 01:59 AM

After the season Drew Brees just had, I can't say Carson's still #3.

RB- DeAngelo Williams- thats probably going to change after this season....absolute stud

I think you're a year late on this one. I remember once upon a time people were calling him a bust though.

MLB- London Flethcer- getting up there, but he never got the recognition he deserved for an outstanding career

QFT.

bam bam
05-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Leon Hall

LOL.

Mark Clayton:
11/30 @ CIN W 34-3 5rec 164yds avg32.8 long70T
Passing: 1-1 32yds TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtqf5OGO4o

whatadai
05-01-2009, 03:23 AM
All Underrated Team.....

TE- Zach Miller- put him on the Steelers or Pats and he'd be a perenial Pro Bowler
OG- Jahri Evans- came out of Bloomsburg; hes one of the best interior linemen in the league
DE- Aaron Smith- yeah he's a 3-4 end who doesn't put up a lot of numbers....he's also one on the top 3 players on that Steeler D
OLB- Lance Briggs- gets a lot of recognition but I still don't think people understand how good this guy really is
CB- Corey Webster- might be a homer pick but this guy can play....on a D full of studs, he's right up near the top
S-OJ Atogwe- this guy is going to become a household name in Spag's system....even if no one can prounounce it

K-Shaun Shuisham- he is a vital contributor to the winning efforts of the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles
P- Jeff Feagles- if Shane ******* Lechler can get HOF consideration then so can this guy......a pro's pro

Williams, Diehl, Evans, Mangold, and Briggs are not underrated.

dunagan15
05-01-2009, 03:50 AM
homer pick...Jerious Norwood

Mr. Stiller
05-01-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm just going to do my division (offense/defense each team)..

Browns:

Offense: Jerome Harrison - 5'9 205lbs, not elite speed, not elite power, but the guy does make some solid runs.

Defense: Brandon McDonald - Just starting to come into his own.. get to see him twice a year.. no Champ Bailey but he's an exceptional player in his own right

Ravens:

Offense: Derrick Mason - Yeah odd pick. Why? Don't hear much about him, but he's still one of the more dangerous WR's. If he had a True #2 (Williams hasn't shown me it yet), he would be even more dangerous. He's still a defense killer and he's got 13 years in, all this and not really having another WR to really compliment him.

Defense: Justin Bannan - So many big name players on this defense, he flys under the radar. Don't expect him to get after the QB, but he is the perfect guy for their defense. He does everything needed of him.

Bengals:

Offense: No idea.

Defense: Robert Geathers. Never garners any real consideration but the guy is a great SDE. Two way player, and even when the defense was rife with LB injuries he took his 6'2 275lb frame and played SOLB. With so many players getting frustrated and quitting, I've never seen it out of this kid.

Steelers:

Offense: Heath Miller. Won't ever see a pro-bowl because he doesn't put up Gaudy stats, but he's a great blocker and receiver. If the coaching staff would allow him to run downfield more, there's no doubt in my mind he'd head to Hawaii.

Defense: William Gay. Came in for McFadden last year, and he's cemented himself from #4 CB to #2 in 2 years time. A rather unknown CB coming out, he's got plenty of upside and has made some really excellent plays.

Ness
05-01-2009, 03:56 AM

Shutdown corner? Highly disagree. He's been decent, and probably worth the spot he was drafted at, but it's not like he's put up All-Pro seasons. If I recall correctly, he usually struggled whenever he had to go up against Torry Holt. Still a very good player though.

jth1331
05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
As mentioned before, Ryan Harris is definitely underrated, he was exceptional last year, but need to see it again. I'm not gonna proclaim guys who have started just 1 year studs yet.
Chris Kuper, OG for the Broncos, might be considered.

Addict
05-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Calvin Johnson is underrated. Severely.

LonghornsLegend
05-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Davone Bess

I think he's alot better then people give him credit for, and I always thought him not getting drafted was an injustice, and for a guy that was an UDFA rookie 50+ receptions and 500+ yards isn't bad.

He's an incredible route runner, catches everything thrown his way, knows how to explode in and out of his breaks, he has a great feel for the WR position and I think he's only going to get better. Yea I get that he played out of the slot, but if it was just that simple nobody would ever draft a 3rd WR they would all just grab an UDFA and plug him in.

Gay Ork Wang
05-01-2009, 06:09 AM
all the bears suck

bearfan
05-01-2009, 06:44 AM
homer pick...Jerious Norwood

I agree, but the Falcons dont put the ball in his hands often enough. I decided to look at his stats...5.1ypc this year, and had over 800 total yards. I know that there is Turner, but when you have a guy who can play well you need to have him get more touches than he did (less than 150).

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:48 AM
He may not be even be a starter, but Bills RB Fred Jackson is an absolute beast who gets no recognition. That dude runs HARD.

I love watching the Bills games because of him and Beast Mode. The sad thing is, Jackson could have that Nickname if it wasn't for Lynch having it already. When either decide they don't feel like being tackled, they just are impossible to bring down.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:51 AM
The Bengals Defense, Peko's a monster and they have a good young secondary.

I love Domata Peko, and have ever since I saw his glorious locks flow in the breeze at Michigan State. He is very underrated.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
All Underrated Team.....

Gotta Love Jahri Evans, one of my favorite guys who is vastly underrated by everyone except Saints fans and myself. I love Eveans and I beleive he has been a Pro-Bowl snub.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 07:00 AM
;)

Yep you're on the right track here. I mean a ton of linebackers got more than one pick last year, Nnamdi is a scrub, we should just call him alphabet soup.

Sniper was being sarcastic, kind of tough to pick up, but he loves Aso.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm just going to do my division (offense/defense each team)..

Browns:

Offense: Jerome Harrison - 5'9 205lbs, not elite speed, not elite power, but the guy does make some solid runs.

Defense: Brandon McDonald - Just starting to come into his own.. get to see him twice a year.. no Champ Bailey but he's an exceptional player in his own right

Ravens:

Offense: Derrick Mason - Yeah odd pick. Why? Don't hear much about him, but he's still one of the more dangerous WR's. If he had a True #2 (Williams hasn't shown me it yet), he would be even more dangerous. He's still a defense killer and he's got 13 years in, all this and not really having another WR to really compliment him.

Defense: Justin Bannan - So many big name players on this defense, he flys under the radar. Don't expect him to get after the QB, but he is the perfect guy for their defense. He does everything needed of him.

Bengals:

Offense: No idea.

Defense: Robert Geathers. Never garners any real consideration but the guy is a great SDE. Two way player, and even when the defense was rife with LB injuries he took his 6'2 275lb frame and played SOLB. With so many players getting frustrated and quitting, I've never seen it out of this kid.

Steelers:

Offense: Heath Miller. Won't ever see a pro-bowl because he doesn't put up Gaudy stats, but he's a great blocker and receiver. If the coaching staff would allow him to run downfield more, there's no doubt in my mind he'd head to Hawaii.

Defense: William Gay. Came in for McFadden last year, and he's cemented himself from #4 CB to #2 in 2 years time. A rather unknown CB coming out, he's got plenty of upside and has made some really excellent plays.

I love Heath Miller, a lot of people on here recognize him, but he doesn't get the true recognition he deserves. One of the top TEs in the game, IMO. I also agree about Zach Miller being underrated, and think in 2 or 3 years he will be one of the top TEs.

Gay Ork Wang
05-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Sniper was being sarcastic, kind of tough to pick up, but he loves Aso.
i think CC.SD got it :D

i do think Hesters WR skills are underrated

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
i think CC.SD got it :D

i do think Hesters WR skills are underrated

Then his sarcasm was tough to pcik up :(.

wicket
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Gotta Love Jahri Evans, one of my favorite guys who is vastly underrated by everyone except Saints fans and myself. I love Eveans and I beleive he has been a Pro-Bowl snub.

qft 10 char

Jakey
05-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Calvin Johnson is underrated. Severely.

I'll second that. People see Megatron as a god, and tbh that is really insulting. He is far better than that.

Caddy
05-01-2009, 08:23 AM
As far as the Buccaneers go, maybe Barrett Ruud, Arron Sears and Tanard Jackson.

21ST
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Santana Moss

ironman4579
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
LOL.

Mark Clayton:

Oh my god! He had a bad game? Clearly Leon Hall is horrible and I'm an idiot.

First Baltimore game

Clayton-3 rec, 21 yards, long 8

See, I can use one game to prove a point as well.

killxswitch
05-01-2009, 08:48 AM
IMO Fred Taylor has been underrated for a long time. This past season was his first Pro Bowl, I think. He gets a bad rap for supposedly being fragile, but in reality he's been a really good RB for a long time for the Jags. I was glad when the Jags released him, and pissed when he went to the Pats. I thought the Colts were finally rid of him.

Also until this year, Robert Mathis was underrated. It will be fun to see what he and Freeney can do with two real DTs lining up in the middle this year.

Kevin Walter to me is also underrated. One of the better WR2s in this league. Having Andre Johnson taking attention away from him probably helps his production, but he is a good WR.

David Thornton of the Titans might be underrated, though it seems like his production went down last season.

abaddon41_80
05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Mark Clayton is pretty underrated.

ironman4579
05-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Mark Clayton is pretty underrated.

I'm not sure he's underrated for being a first round pick. However, for being a #2 on a run heavy team, he puts up OK numbers. And I've always thought he was a great blocker, so maybe he actually is underrated as an all around receiver.

themaninblack
05-01-2009, 09:25 AM
LOL.

Mark Clayton:

If you actually watched that game instead of just looking at the stats you would see that Leon actually did pretty well aside from maybe one play. Another thing is that Leon was our first corner for much of the year this past season and he actually proved he can play that spot rather well. He helped lead the Secondary to a great overall rating with absolutely NO pass rush. I can't wait to see JJ come back full strength alongside him.

There's been enough talk of the underrated players on the Bengals D so I'll just leave it at that while expressing my man love for Domata Peko. 325LB goal line FB FTW!

the decider13
05-01-2009, 09:26 AM
All Underrated Team.....

David Diehl is good, but making an All-pro team kinda takes away that whole under rated thing.

Ryan Harris only gave up 1.5 sacks this year and only people who watch the AFC west a lot can tell you who he is.

ironman4579
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
David Diehl is good, but making an All-pro team kinda takes away that whole under rated thing.

Ryan Harris only gave up 1.5 sacks this year and only people who watch the AFC west a lot can tell you who he is.

Everything I've seen says 2.5 sacks actually. Although I do think the entire Denver OLine benefited from Cutler's quick release and scrambling ability. We'll see how they do without Cutler and with more of a power running scheme than a ZBS (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). Still, Harris was oustanding this year.

Splat
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Since everyone else is being a homer I will to...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8946/jarradpage.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jarradpage.jpg)

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Then his sarcasm was tough to pcik up :(.

Not my intention, I worship at the altar as well.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I think Mark Clayton is to inconsistent to be underrated. I hope he can be good every week but until he stays consistent I say he isn't underrated.

abaddon41_80
05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I think Mark Clayton is to inconsistent to be underrated. I hope he can be good every week but until he stays consistent I say he isn't underrated.

Looking at his game logs I guess you are right but I guess I just happen to be watching whenever he makes a big play. Derrick Mason is also ridiculously underrated now that I think about it. I mean he has 1000+ receiving yards in 7 of the last 8 seasons.

whatadai
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Looking at his game logs I guess you are right but I guess I just happen to be watching whenever he makes a big play. Derrick Mason is also ridiculously underrated now that I think about it. I mean he has 1000+ receiving yards in 7 of the last 8 seasons.

How does that make him underrated? Everyone knows who he is and that he's the #1 receiver in Baltimore. Everyone knows he'll get the yards and move the chains. Everyone also knows he won't make some big play that will be on the highlight reel. He isn't underrated, he performs as expected. He's actually been so consistent in the way he plays and his production that in my opinion, everyone knows what to expect of him year to year. The only part where I can see him being underrated is how he's holding up so well at his age.

abaddon41_80
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
How does that make him underrated? Everyone knows who he is and that he's the #1 receiver in Baltimore. Everyone knows he'll get the yards and move the chains. Everyone also knows he won't make some big play that will be on the highlight reel. He isn't underrated, he performs as expected. He's actually been so consistent in the way he plays and his production that in my opinion, everyone knows what to expect of him year to year. The only part where I can see him being underrated is how he's holding up so well at his age.

Whenever people talk about the better receivers in the league I never hear Mason mentioned even though he has been one of the most consistent and reliable receivers in the NFL for the last decade.

Brent
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Whenever people talk about the better receivers in the league I never hear Mason mentioned even though he has been one of the most consistent and reliable receivers in the NFL for the last decade.
I saw a lot of Baltimore games this past season and it seemed like Mason caught any and every pass thrown his way. He was unbelievable.

Crickett
05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Steelers:

I'd say the few big drops Limas Sweed had this past playoffs have given him a stigma he does not yet deserve.

Heath Miller........ I don't see it. Not with all the pre-draft hype Brandon Pettigrew . All of that talk about how he is the dual receiving/blocking threat........... thats what Heath Miller already is.

whatadai
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM

Because people name the ones that can change the outcome of a game.

jth1331
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Everything I've seen says 2.5 sacks actually. Although I do think the entire Denver OLine benefited from Cutler's quick release and scrambling ability. We'll see how they do without Cutler and with more of a power running scheme than a ZBS (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). Still, Harris was oustanding this year.

Trust me, that OL was THAT good. Plus, they aren't really switching the blocking scheme, could also be wrong, but I think i heard McDaniels say something to the affect "Why try to fix something that isn't broken?"

abaddon41_80
05-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Because people name the ones that can change the outcome of a game.

Mason may not be a deep threat but he catches everything thrown his way. Moving the chains and coming up big in the clutch are just as important as big plays.

Diehard
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Trust me, that OL was THAT good. Plus, they aren't really switching the blocking scheme, could also be wrong, but I think i heard McDaniels say something to the affect "Why try to fix something that isn't broken?"

McD mentioned that at the post-draft presser - we'll be running mainly zone and pull blocking, which suits our OL just fine.

703SKINS202
05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I like the non-homerism and new topic!

Hines
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Aaron Smith- People always talk about Polamalu, Harrison, Wood, and Farrior, but if you take Smith out of the lineup, our run defense is pretty pathetic.

Ike Taylor- He has stone hands, but he contains and shuts down all the number ones. If he had hands, he'd be in Hawaii a few times.

Lawrence Timmons- He didn't even start and was tied with 5th on the team with tackles and was third on the team in sacks. He had more tackles than the starter.

Yes, I did the homer picks.

Flyboy
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Jahri Evans is STILL underrated around here. He's so beastly.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
The only player I think that is underrated on the Ravens is Kelly Gregg. I also agree with HWJR about Aaron smith. He is such a beast but people always talk about there star players.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Jahri Evans is STILL underrated around here. He's so beastly.

A lot of people don't realize he is one of the elite Guards in the league, it really is crazy.

Flyboy
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Tis true. I love having him on the Saints, though. Hope we'll be able to sign him up long-term soon.

Brent
05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I really only know my division well:

Rams: Pisa Tinoisamoa & Donnie Avery
Hawks: Darryl Tapp & John Carlson
Cards: Gerald Hayes & Steve Breaston
49ers: Justin Smith & Frank Gore

Splat
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Frank Gore is not even close to being underrated.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I really only know my division well:

Rams: Pisa Tinoisamoa & Donnie Avery
Hawks: Darryl Tapp & John Carlson
Cards: Gerald Hayes & Steve Breaston
49ers: Justin Smith & Frank Gore

I don't think Steve Breaston and Frank Gore are that underrated, but other than those two I agree with all you said.

I'll do my division...

NYG: Kevin Boss & Corey Webster
WAS: Rock Cartwright & Fletcher-Baker
DAL: Miles Austin & Igor Olshansky
PHI: Brent Celek & Victor Abiamiri

umphrey
05-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I wanted to be a homer and post a Packer but I couldn't really think of anybody. Maybe James Jones (solid young #3 WR) or Tramon Williams (filled in great for Al Harris).

MetSox17
05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Jay Ratliff!!!!!!1111one!

Gay Ork Wang
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
he'd be such a beast at UT or 3-4 DE

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't think Steve Breaston and Frank Gore are that underrated, but other than those two I agree with all you said.

I'll do my division...

NYG: Kevin Boss & Corey Webster
WAS: Rock Cartwright & Fletcher-Baker
DAL: Miles Austin & Igor Olshansky
PHI: Brent Celek & Victor Abiamiri

Except for Boss, I think that is a great set of guys, its not that I don't think Boss is a great player, he is, but there are so many people and though he may not get the media attention, we all know he's a great player. Igor Oshansky is going to really help out the Dallas D, he is the bright spot on an otherwise dim off-season, IMO.

Celek is a lot like boss, actually, before he got his credit on the boards. He is behind on the blocking aspect though, that is for sure. And any Eagles fan will tell you of my epic man crush on Abiamiri. I expect big things from him. Two very good choices for the Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM

I love Ratliff, he is the best penetrating 3-4 NT IMO, and still holds his own in the run game, though I think he would beast it up if he were in the 4-3 or as a 3-4 DE.

rockio42
05-01-2009, 02:12 PM
London Fletcher is the definition of underrated...and no one comes close

Splat
05-01-2009, 02:38 PM
London Fletcher doesn't get talked about alot but I think most football fans know he is a pretty good player.

nepg
05-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Ty Warren & Aaron Smith.

Warren has yet to go to a Pro Bowl despite out-playing Seymour 3 out of the last 4 years (the exception being 2008 when Seymour actually deserved to go, but didn't)...

BlindSite
05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Homer: Mushin Muhummad had over 900 yards last year as Smith's number 2. Other teams: Ovie Mughelli from the falcons is a beast of a lead blocker Thomas Howard, I have serious man love for this guy.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Homer: Mushin Muhummad had over 900 yards last year as Smith's number 2. Other teams: Ovie Mughelli from the falcons is a beast of a lead blocker Thomas Howard, I have serious man love for this guy.

Good call on Ovie. Man is just an old school bust some heads type of FB. I'll throw out some other Falcons names in OG Justin Blalock, DT Jonathan Babineaux, and S Erik Coleman.

I haven't seen Lance Moore's name mentioned yet either.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Good call on Ovie. Man is just an old school bust some heads type of FB. I'll throw out some other Falcons names in OG Justin Blalock, DT Jonathan Babineaux, and S Erik Coleman.

I haven't seen Lance Moore's name mentioned yet either.

Lance Moore needs to do it again. Also nothing against Lance but with injuries you can put any Saints receiver out there and Brees will find you a lot. Also for fantasy owners everyone loves Lance!!!

yourfavestoner
05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6061/78544810.jpg

abaddon41_80
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Frank Gore is not even close to being underrated.

To the casual football fan he might be. I have seen top 10 running back list without him.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-01-2009, 04:52 PM
To the casual football fan he might be. I have seen top 10 running back list without him.

I mean he has to be consistently healthy and productive for a couple more years to be mentioned frequently on top running back lists. He is hella talented and has lacked a passing game but he has only gone over 1110 yards only once in his career and has never rushed for double digit TD's. I mean last year he was only the 13th leading rusher in the NFL.

jsagan77
05-02-2009, 12:50 AM
My All Underrated Team

QB: Shaun Hill
QB: Tyler Thigpen
QB: Chad Pennington
FB: Madison Hedgecock
RB: Pierre Thomas
RB: Sammy Morris
RB: Leon Washington
OT: Ryan Clady
OG: Pete Kendall
C: Shaun O'hara
OG: Carl Nicks
OT: Jahri Evans
TE: Greg Olson
TE: Zach Miller
WR: Devone Bess
WR: Steve Breaston
WR: Heinz Ward
WR: Antonio Bryant

DE: Elvis Dumervil
DT: Anthony Montgomery
DT: Amobi Okoye
DE: Daryl Tapp
OLB: Ernie Sims
MLB: D'qwell Jackson
OLB: Karlos Dansby
CB: Carlos Rogers
CB: Chris Johnson
S: Chris Horton
S: Charles Godfrey

Arsenal
05-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Frank Gore lead the NFL in all-purpose yards last year until the injuries wore him down if I'm remembering correct. I agree he must get a fully healthy year to be truly considered elite but I still think he is underrated a tad by most people, the guy is just fantastic when healthy. Hopefully Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, and company can take some of the pressure off of him because he has been San Francisco's only weapon for the past three years, the entire San Francisco offense is him. It would be nice to see what he can do without an entire defense on his ass.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 03:22 AM
My All Underrated Team

Jahri Evans is a guard, Dansby and Sims are not underrated

whatadai
05-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Vincent Jackson.

And jsagan77...you suck at spelling players' names. =/

TitanHope
05-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Can 2nd year players really be considered under-rated?

Addict
05-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Can 2nd year players really be considered under-rated?

I was about to say that, a lot of these lists have guys who haven't really had the time to grow into household names yet.

wicket
05-02-2009, 07:24 AM
thats why i dont specifically feel lance moore ough to be regarded as underrated. He could have played last season above his natural level, there is jut not enough of a frame of work to judge (this excl QB's that are more actively involved in more plays and RB IMO).
I'll just keep this a homer thread and name the saints I feel are underrated:
1 Jahri Evans: One of the best guards in the league and I will keep voting him fo the Pro Bowl until he makes it (because of being snubbed and compensation for that and such)
2 Pierre Thomas: A balanced complete running back that works hard and would have killer stats if he would get more touches.
3 Scott Fujita: Just a good linebacker but everybody somehow feels like he is a weak point in the defense. Surely he is no gamebreaker but he is a steady player and makes you worry about one less position. Leader and good team character as well.

Now on to my Domer-Homer list.
1 Victor Abiameri
2 John Carlson
3 Chinedum Ndukwe

abaddon41_80
05-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I mean he has to be consistently healthy and productive for a couple more years to be mentioned frequently on top running back lists. He is hella talented and has lacked a passing game but he has only gone over 1110 yards only once in his career and has never rushed for double digit TD's. I mean last year he was only the 13th leading rusher in the NFL.

To do what he does consistently for 3 years behind the 49ers o-line and with the 49ers weapons on offense puts him easily in the top 10.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 08:01 AM
id think he is Top 3 receiving RB after Westbrook and SJax

jsagan77
05-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Vincent Jackson.

And jsagan77...you suck at spelling player names. =/

That's a great analysis. Who's name did I misspell?

And if you are going to criticize my spelling (which I'm not sure I misspelled any) you should write properly. I fixed your post for you and if you don't understand why, read a book.

ironman4579
05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
My All Underrated Team

Clady made the All Pro team and is mentioned all the time when people talk about the top young tackles. I don't think you can make an All Pro team and be underrated.

If Ernie Sims was actually good he might be underrated. He's been garbage for the last season and a half. If the guy can't get it together and play within the damn defense this year instead of overpursuing everything and missing tackles left and right, I'm personally done with him as a Lion.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM
That's a great analysis. Who's name did I misspell?

And if you are going to criticize my spelling (which I'm not sure I misspelled any) you should write properly. I fixed your post for you and if you don't understand why, read a book.
u misspelled Davon Bess, Hines Ward, Darryl Tapp, Greg Olsen.

and like i said Jahri is an OG

tjsunstein
05-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Donovan McNabb.

OneToughGame
05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
When healthy I'd say Dawan Landry. I like Dawan a lot.

wicket
05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
u misspelled Davon Bess, Hines Ward, Darryl Tapp, Greg Olsen.

and like i said Jahri is an OG

So funny, when you correct someone at least make sure you've got it right yourself. Its Davone.
Sorry dude but I just had to do something about that, the situation was just to flat out funny.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 11:42 AM
So funny, when you correct someone at least make sure you've got it right yourself. Its Davone.
Sorry dude but I just had to do something about that, the situation was just to flat out funny.
ah yea missed the e lol. typos ftl :/

whatadai
05-02-2009, 01:48 PM
That's a great analysis. Whose name did I misspell?

I actually did write properly. "Players' names" shows that there is more than one player, and they all possess their own names. So it's grammatically correct. I corrected yours for you though.

It's a forum about football, I don't care about grammar or spelling. But when you name a great receiver after a ketchup company and John Kerry's wife, it looks pretty stupid on a forum for NFL fanatics.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Theres so many of them, i'll just name a few:

Broderick Bunkley: its a shame this guy's name doesn't get mentioned with some of the best DTs in the league

Corey Webster: was a top 5 CB in the league last year

Zach Miller: my boy. could be a PB caliber TE on a competent team

Kerry Collins: yup. you read that right.

DoughBoy
05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
D'Qwell Jackson is one of the best inside 3-4 linebackers in the game but really doesnt get noticed because the rest of that defense is crap.

JLaw45
05-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Dequell Jackson is one of the best inside 3-4 linebackers in the game but really doesnt get noticed because the rest of that defense is crap.

I think its D'Qwell. And yeah, I agree.

DoughBoy
05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Fixed it.
Momma didnt' rais no inglsh majeor. :)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
What's with all the PMS about spelling? Come on guys, stop acting like women.

I think lots of guys on the Eagles D-Line are underrated.....

thetedginnshow
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
For how great he is, I'd say Haloti Ngata is incredibly underrated. What he's there for doesn't necessarily show up in the stat column, but he's a terrific NT.

CC.SD
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
For how great he is, I'd say Haloti Ngata is incredibly underrated. What he's there for doesn't necessarily show up in the stat column, but he's a terrific NT.

I'd chop off a finger to see Ngata in bolts, so that leads me to the conclusion that he is not underrated.

thetedginnshow
05-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I'd chop off a finger to see Ngata in bolts, so that leads me to the conclusion that he is not underrated.

Well of course we all know about him, but I don't think he gets much publicity in the national media. I could be wrong though.

tjsunstein
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Well of course we all know about him, but I don't think he gets much publicity in the national media. I could be wrong though.

He becomes overrated if that ever happens because everyone will be on his bandwagon once ESPN airs a story on him.

Probably said previously in this thread but Leon Washington.

BlindSite
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM

I think the consensus is he's the 2nd best DT in the league regardless of scheme behind Haynesworth and if not, he's damn close to that status.

Definitely not underrated.

thetedginnshow
05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I think the consensus is he's the 2nd best DT in the league regardless of scheme behind Haynesworth and if not, he's damn close to that status.

Definitely not underrated.

Oh yeah? I've never even heard him in the top five. I must just be out of the loop.

In any event, I'll go more off the radar then and say Jerome Harrison. Personally, I think at the very least he should be a part of a true tandem rushing duo.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
He's way more versitile than Haynesworth, doesn't have the character and injury concerns, and he's younger. I'd take him over Fat Al anyday.

Also wanna throw Jared Gaither's name up, dude's a straight beast. 6-9 330lbs and he only gave up 2.5 sacks last year. Ahead of Joe Thomas and Jordan Gross.

art vandelay
05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
LOL at Ernie Sims underrated. He is the poster boy for overrated players who people think are good because of where they are drafted.

Don Vito
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
He's way more versitile than Haynesworth, doesn't have the character and injury concerns, and he's younger. I'd take him over Fat Al anyday.

Also wanna throw Jared Gaither's name up, dude's a straight beast. 6-9 330lbs and he only gave up 2.5 sacks last year. Ahead of Joe Thomas and Jordan Gross.

I was actually just about to put Gaither's name on here. My boy Oher will be playing RT most likely because of Gaither, they will be a great pair of young bookends. Every time I saw him play last year I was impressed, Ghetto gave me a reminder of how good Gaither was at LT in the Oher scouting report thread.

Bucs_Rule
05-04-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL at Ernie Sims underrated. He is the poster boy for overrated players who people think are good because of where they are drafted.

Being surrounded by dreadful players on defense makes anyone look better.

Boston
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't think Erin Rogers gets anywhere near the recognition he should...

7-11
05-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't think Erin Rogers gets anywhere near the recognition he should...

I don't even know who that is so i'd have to agree with you.

Unless you mean Aaron Rodgers? In which case i'd have to disagree, got a hell of a lot of good press through the year, especially considering his body of work only covers 16 games. Always talked about when people mention top young signal callers in the NFL too.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Just a few I can think of right now...

Chinedum Ndukwe
Ty Warren
Nick Collins

And one other guy who I feel is under rated when healthy is...

Hunter Hillenmeyer

TACKLE
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Jeff Otah

Although he gets respect, I don't think he gets nearly enough. IMO, he is the most dominating run blocker in the NFL. I saw driving D-Lineman all over the field last year. Many of Williams'/Stewart's big runs were a result of the blocks Otah made. In pass pro, he is solid and is better against speed than you'd expect. I know he's only played one season, but I have no problem calling him the best RT in football.

7-11
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Jeff Otah

Although he gets respect, I don't think he gets nearly enough. IMO, he is the most dominating run blocker in the NFL. I saw driving D-Lineman all over the field last year. Many of Williams'/Stewart's big runs were a result of the blocks Otah made. In pass pro, he is solid and is better against speed than you'd expect. I know he's only played one season, but I have no problem calling him the best RT in football.

Agree, honestly name a right tackle that's more impressive.

Scotty D
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Agree, honestly name a right tackle that's more impressive.

God I hate Matt Millen for passing on him for a young bubble butt George False Start Foster

the decider13
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Jeff Otah

Well if we are doing 1 year guys too, then Clady has to be in there. Snubbed for the pro bowl after having the best season of any LT in the NFL.

I don't think Clady is under rated by those who watched him, but in general someone would probably think Jason Peters was better than Clady last year. Gaither deserves a mention as well, because he was pretty dominant last year.

For the most part though, you could list any lineman and call him under rated, because the average fan probably doesn't care about the line.

BlindSite
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Well if we are doing 1 year guys too, then Clady has to be in there. Snubbed for the pro bowl after having the best season of any LT in the NFL.

I don't think Clady is under rated by those who watched him, but in general someone would probably think Jason Peters was better than Clady last year. Gaither deserves a mention as well, because he was pretty dominant last year.

For the most part though, you could list any lineman and call him under rated, because the average fan probably doesn't care about the line.

Good point ESPN spends far too much time gushing about running backs and receivers and no where near enough time talking about the guys who make it all possible.

Clady was super impressive last year, as was Gaither. There's some great young line talent coming up in the league. The price tag for Gaither was staggeringly good value too. 5th rounder I think in the Supplemental draft. Guy probably would've been a high first round pick had he not had academic issues.

MetSox17
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't understand how Tony Hollings went for a second rounder, while Gaither dropped all the way to the fifth.

7-11
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't understand how Tony Hollings went for a second rounder, while Gaither dropped all the way to the fifth.

If my memory serves me correctly Gaither dropped way down purely due to the reason he was in the supplemental draft, being that most teams felt his poor academic record was a big red flag about his work ethic and ability to pick up the playbook.

Once again this really shows how little booksmarts has to do with being an effective football player.

MetSox17
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
If my memory serves me correctly Gaither dropped way down purely due to the reason he was in the supplemental draft, being that most teams felt his poor academic record was a big red flag about his work ethic and ability to pick up the playbook.

Once again this really shows how little booksmarts has to do with being an effective football player.

Tony Hollings was taken in the second round of the supplemental draft by the Houston Texans. And those were the years they were just dreadful. They were basically giving up a low first round pick for him. It was disgusting. He was out of the league in like two years.

Scotty D
05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Being surrounded by dreadful players on defense makes anyone look better.

Sims just has not made big plays since being drafted. He can be counted on for +100 plus tackles, swarming the ball carrier, and doesn't miss games but he's really played more like how a second round backer should. Solid complimentary piece to a defense and may emerge with some actually fl talent around him this year. I've been giving him a bit of a pass because these past couple of years have been basically lost seasons.

7-11
05-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Tony Hollings was taken in the second round of the supplemental draft by the Houston Texans. And those were the years they were just dreadful. They were basically giving up a low first round pick for him. It was disgusting. He was out of the league in like two years.

Doesn't that sentence nearly explain itself? haha, seriously just one of the many reasons they were a joke for those years.

ironman4579
05-05-2009, 06:23 AM

Everything I've seen says he gave up 3.0 last year actually, in 15 starts. Still, he was very good, and showed massive improvement over the course of the season IMO.

ironman4579
05-05-2009, 06:27 AM

I still don't think you can be underrated if you made the All Pro team. Sure, the average casual fan that votes for the Pro bowl are stupid (AFC should have been Clady, Roos, and Long IMO). But I hear his name talked about all the time as one of the top young tackles, and again, he was named an All Pro.

DoughBoy
05-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Ryan Clady is one of the most talked about young offensive lineman...there is no way he should be on the list. Eric Winston from the Houston Texans is turning into a really good RT after struggling at LT.

the decider13
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I still don't think you can be underrated if you made the All Pro team. Sure, the average casual fan that votes for the Pro bowl are stupid (AFC should have been Clady, Roos, and Long IMO). But I hear his name talked about all the time as one of the top young tackles, and again, he was named an All Pro.

It really depends on what you view as under rated. I'm sure all of these guys are appreciated by management and by their fans. But clearly, he wasn't appreciated by the average fan as he hardly got any votes.

When I think of under rated, I think of guys that the media and average fan don't care about. Everyone on here appreciates these "under rated players" (Clady, Otah, Gaither, Ngata etc).

HawkeyeFan
05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Ron Bartell anyone? Jason Brown? Will Witherspoon? OJ Atogwe?

Just a few homer picks.

Non-homer would include Donald Drive (2 years ago), Greg Jenning, Tim Hightower, Karlos Dansby.

whatadai
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM

Just a few homer picks.

Non-homer would include Donald Drive (2 years ago), Greg Jenning, Tim Hightower, Karlos Dansby.

Witherspoon isn't underrated, he underperformed last year too.

Tim Hightower sucked it up, if you think he's underrated, you're overrating him.

Karlos Dansby isn't really underrated either in my opinion.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Tim Hightower sucked it up, if you think he's underrated, you're overrating him.

Hightower may not have lit it up with his ypc average, but the man did find the endzone 10 times as a rookie. I can't say that would amount to him sucking it up. Hightower should have another good seasons splitting carries with Beanie Wells.

whatadai
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Hightower may not have lit it up with his ypc average, but the man did find the endzone 10 times as a rookie. I can't say that would amount to him sucking it up. Hightower should have another good seasons splitting carries with Beanie Wells.

He would've sucked even more on any other team that didn't have Warner/Fitzgerald/Boldin/Breaston or something close to it. There's a reason why they drafted Wells, not just because he dropped and it was a great value pick.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
He would've sucked even more on any other team that didn't have Warner/Fitzgerald/Boldin/Breaston or something close to it. There's a reason why they drafted Wells, not just because he dropped and it was a great value pick.

I don't think Arizona had the intention of Hightower ever being their franchise back. They could have taken one of a variety of running backs in the 2008 draft before they took Hightower. They obviously had a plan when taking Hightower, and that plan seems to have paid off as of now. Plus they drafted Wells to replace Edgerrin James. Hightower will be even more vital this year after the departure of J.J. Arrington.

the decider13
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Just a few homer picks.

Atogwe is definately under rated...I don't really think Jennings is under rated anymore. That dude is just a stud. I've taken him 2 years straight in fantasy football lol

whatadai
05-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't think Arizona had the intention of Hightower ever being their franchise back. They could have taken one of a variety of running backs in the 2008 draft before they took Hightower. They obviously had a plan when taking Hightower, and that plan seems to have paid off as of now. Plus they drafted Wells to replace Edgerrin James. Hightower will be even more vital this year after the departure of J.J. Arrington.
I didn't mean that. I meant that the Cards used him as a short yardage back, but he should've done better with that offensive line in front of him along with the defenders the receivers cause defenses to leave out of the box due to them being great redzone targets.

jsagan77
05-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I actually did write properly. "Players' names" shows that there is more than one player, and they all possess their own names. So it's grammatically correct. I corrected yours for you though.

It's a forum about football, I don't care about grammar or spelling. But when you name a great receiver after a ketchup company and John Kerry's wife, it looks pretty stupid on a forum for NFL fanatics.

I think it's pretty funny you actually think that you're right there...

And sorry I don't know how to spell every name in the world... I'm sure if I didn't have goals in life I'd know every last one of them to a "t"...

tjsunstein
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Tramon Williams.

whatadai
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I think it's pretty funny you actually think that you're right there...

And sorry I don't know how to spell every name in the world... I'm sure if I didn't have goals in life I'd know every last one of them to a "t"...

I think it's funny that you think I'm not.

Yes, it takes no goals in life to have the time to learn how to spell Hines Ward.

BigBanger
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Jordan Gross is quite possibly the best LT in the NFL (I don't think he is), and no one knows this.

David Stewart is the best RT in the game.

Poz51
05-07-2009, 09:19 AM

Amen to that!! There are games where he runs harder that Lynch, and is more productive... He is not a starter, but plays balls to the wall everytime he touches the ball... Completely under rated... Buffalo will mess up the backfield not give him his due extension, and he will be a patriot soon enough...
:confused:

Number 10
05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I think this would be a great thread if nobody discussed a player from their favorite team.

Until then...typical NFLDC.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Amen to that!! There are games where he runs harder that Lynch, and is more productive... He is not a starter, but plays balls to the wall everytime he touches the ball... Completely under rated... Buffalo will mess up the backfield not give him his due extension, and he will be a patriot soon enough...
:confused:

One of the better receiving backs out there, as well. He needs more time.

And a contract. :mad:

tjsunstein
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I think this would be a great thread if nobody discussed a player from their favorite team.

Well usually people know the players from their favorite team the best.

Niners_2152
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
To SeanTaylorRIP: Gore missed 2 games and I believe was banged up for a couple more. So instead of being the 13th ranked rusher he probably could have gotten to 10 or maybe even 9.

http://www.getlisty.com/kmov/nfl-leading-rushers-2008/

thebow305
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna be a homer and say Yeremiah Bell. This guy played on a Pro Bowl calibre level last season and our secondary would've been lost at most times without him.

PalmerToCJ
05-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Broderick Bunkley
Corey Webster
Jared Gaither

I really think Bunkley and Webster don't get the credit you think they would receive. Was trying to think of more AFCN players I think are underrated but kinda drew a blank.

For the Bengals sake, bravo those of you who said Chinedum Ndukwe... He's filthy.

Gay Ork Wang
05-08-2009, 06:28 AM
id say Sheldon Brown

the decider13
05-08-2009, 08:49 AM

hey....I gave a player from a rival team. That's gotta be a good thing.