PDA

View Full Version : Jevan Snead!

neko4
04-30-2009, 09:21 PM
We'll im on his bandwagon. He has a great arm, probably the best in the draft. Good mobility. Good leader thus far. A bit of a gun slinger. Wears number four. Plays for a school in Mississippi...

http://www.independencebowl.org/Images/Favre.gif

Oh, thats not him....

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F392286.jpg

Thats right.

He does remind me a bit of Favre. Maybe its just the jersey though.
Obviously there will be concerns about Snead since he couldn't beat out Colt McCoy at Texas, but I feel he has developed into the better QB, and a better QB than Bradford.

Thoughts?

Mr. Hero
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
He's my number one QB. He's the prototype and like his attitude.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought he was better than Colt when he was at Texas, it was just that Colt had a year in the system and Snead was a true FR.

04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I saw that same IT factor that I previously saw with Matt Ryan the year before. I'm very interested to see if this kid can keep that same momentum into next year because he's certainly got all the tools to be special.

the decider13
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
http://soonersgameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sammybradford.jpg

oops sorry I thought you said best QB. I actually do like Snead...he has all the tools that you look for in a good QB.

Texas Homer
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Snead has a big arm. He needs to work his accuracy, but he has the tools and measureables.

Malaka
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I still like Bradford as the #1 QB, before he said he was staying I had him rated higher than Matt Stafford, so I you can tell I like him, but I do like Snead too, for me right now they are far and away the top 2 QBs in the draft, unless some ones stock soars or theirs really falls hard.

Cigaro
04-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I've been big on him for quite a while. I do not, however, view him as a better prospect than Bradford. Too low of a completion percantage/too inconsistent for me to rank him numero uno. Right now he's my number three, but he could've over take McCoy if he improves in the aforementioned categories.

neko4
04-30-2009, 09:43 PM
I still like Bradford as the #1 QB, before he said he was staying I had him rated higher than Matt Stafford, so I you can tell I like him, but I do like Snead too, for me right now they are far and away the top 2 QBs in the draft, unless some ones stock soars or theirs really falls hard.
My problem with Bradford is that his job didn't seem as hard as compared to Snead's, Stafford's, or Tebow's. I can definitly see the accuracy, but it just seemed like he always had all day to throw and when he did throw it was to pretty easy targets.

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2009, 09:44 PM
I've been a HUGE Snead fan since he came to UT, and what he did at Ole Miss was certainly not a surprise to me, he has all the physical tools and I loved the way that team rallied around him last year.

Wish he had gotten a chance at UT because I was on his bandwagon, but I strongly believe he'll be a great NFL QB.

Cigaro
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
My problem with Bradford is that his job didn't seem as hard as compared to Snead's, Stafford's, or Tebow's. I can definitly see the accuracy, but it just seemed like he always had all day to throw and when he did throw it was to pretty easy targets.

Michael Oher didn't give up a sack last year, and John Jerry is the one of the top guard prospects this year. I'm not saying Mississippi's line was as good as Oklahoma's, but Snead wasn't too bad off in that department.

neko4
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Michael Oher didn't give up a sack last year, and John Jerry is the one of the top guard prospects this year. I'm not saying Mississippi's line was as good as Oklahoma's, but Snead wasn't too bad off in that department.
Oh no doubt. It will be interesting to see how Snead does after losing a couple big players this year.

vatech=accdomination
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Snead's versatility intrigues me, I still think Bradford will get broken in half in the NFL.

Malaka
04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Snead's versatility intrigues me, I still think Bradford will get broken in half in the NFL.

Why would you say that? Because of his amazing offensive line? Because 6'4 218 doesn't seem small to me. If Bradford can come close to success he had last year with less talent he is a surefire top 5 pick IMO, his arm strength is being criticized too much I'd say it's around Mark Sanchez level, but Bradford's accuracy is amazing. Anways, Chad Pennington has already proved you don't need great arm strength to be a successful QB in the NFL.

JT Jag
04-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not going to say that I am a proponent of the Jaguars having a bad season, but I would be fine if we somehow came out with Snead after next year's draft.

ElectricEye
04-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Bradford is still the clear cut number one quarterback for me and I don't see how that can change in the offseason. That being said, I'm a MASSIVE Snead guy and I was on the bandwagon right when it started. I see a lot of potential in this guy. There's a few more steps he needs to take and truth be told he might not be ready at the end of next year, but he should be a top five pick one day based on that potential.

brat316
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Tebow as a qb? I would expect that from the common fan, but not draft guys like the people on this board.

Shane P. Hallam
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Tebow as a qb? I would expect that from the common fan, but not draft guys like the people on this board.

Because there are NFL teams who see him that way and it is what he will play in the NFL.

neko4
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Because there are NFL teams who see him that way and it is what he will play in the NFL.
There's always some GM who, in the first round, will take a chance and draft a guy like Tebow and try to play him at QB. (Snyder?)

Any thoughts on Snead, JBond?

vatech=accdomination
04-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Why would you say that? Because of his amazing offensive line?

Pretty much. I would not say he is any less of a player than Snead, I just think Snead's potential is much better.

Don Vito
04-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Snead is the man, he has all of the tools you looks for in an NFL QB and he comes from a pro-style offense. The similarities between Snead and Favre are definitely there. Good size, strength, big arm, and very mobile. Snead is not a finished product yet but when you look at what he did last year you have to be excited.

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2009, 11:53 PM
You should of known he was good when he up and left Texas so fast, he knew he was good enough to lead a team and he went and proved it in the SEC, on a team not known for their recent success none the less.

I'm interested to see what he runs the 40 in, not that it matters much but I think he'll be able to add a Steve Young type of impact at QB, he is just as impressive taking off and running as he is throwing the football.

SenorGato
05-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Iunno Cutler and Stafford are two recent SEC QBs with similar skillsets and styles and one just went #1 overall and ones a beast NFL QB.

Snead could cement himself as a top QB prospect with a good senior season. I expect he will.

He's my favorite QB in this draft. Tim Hiller is the other guy I really like.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Snead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stafford

SenorGato
05-01-2009, 12:21 AM

Honestly, mostly because he will stay for his senior year.

I like Stafford more as a prospect.

Monomach
05-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't understand the people who say that the upcoming QB class is way better than the one we just had. It looks slightly deeper to me, but the top appears decidedly weaker. There isn't a guy there that I'd take over Stafford or Sanchez.

I would take Snead over Freeman, though. Right now I'd take him over Bradford, too.

romo4prez415
05-01-2009, 12:29 AM

Agreed. I'm big on Snead I have him as my number 1 qb right now with Bradford coming in a close second place. My boy Jake Locker has the best physical skill set in the country and could really suprise under the tutelage of Steve Sarkisian. He's my pick to be the top qb in 2011.

Texas Homer
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Stafford >>> Snead

At least for now. I like and root for both. Stafford's high school team actually knocked Snead and his team out of the Texas high school football playoffs one year.

BigBanger
05-01-2009, 03:22 AM
You really make me laugh. You know that?

You're like a clown. You amuse me. You make me laugh. The way you tell the story, you're a funny guy.

Mr. Stiller
05-01-2009, 03:40 AM

It's not just the OL, it's the Athletic talent around them.

Mike Wallace was Ole Miss's best Offensive skills position guy.

Who did oklahoma have?

Gresham, Kelly, Brown, Murray, Iglesias, Johnson.

Even saying that Iglesias and Wallace are an even tradeoff.

Don Vito
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Mike Wallace was Ole Miss's best Offensive skills position guy.

http://blog.al.com/lindys/2008/07/medium_dextermccluster2.jpg

I'm not saying we're as talented as Oklahoma across the board on offense; but McCluster, Brandon Bolden, Shay Hodge, Wallace, and Cordera Eason were all big parts of our offense last year. We don't really have any superstars on our offense around Snead, but we have a bunch of very solid players that can make the big play.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Some of you are all over the board when it comes to player evaluations.

If you love Snead, that's cool. I definitely see him as a 1st round talent, but he has yet to play like he deserves to be the #1 QB in the draft, IMO.

And don't fool yourself, Bradford is the one that makes that Oklahoma offense look so good, not the other way around. They aren't running Texas Tech's offense, although they do share similar principles.

Finally, how can someone be so high on Bradford but not include Colt McCoy in the conversation, who I believe was even more accurate with the ball than Bradford and more clutch in big games?

Bottom line, I see all three of them, Snead, Bradford, and McCoy becoming quality starters in the NFL, with possibly all three going in the first.

And Tebow is a QB and will always be one. I expect college football fans to see a completely retooled QB under center for the Gators next season, with major improvements in his mechanics.

If Steve McNair was a pro bowler in the NFL, Tebow will eventually become a starter and potential pro bowler as well.

Brent
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
how can someone be so high on Bradford but not include Colt McCoy in the conversation, who I believe was even more accurate with the ball than Bradford and more clutch in big games?
I think the reason he isnt in the conversation is that he's barely 6'0"-6'1" and doesnt have a strong arm. Thus he's not exactly looking like 1st round talent at the moment.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Brent, are you estimating McCoy's height, or is this an official measurement from somewhere?

There's no way Colt is 6 foot, period.

He's been listed at 6'3, so my guess is he's a legit 6'2, at least that's the height I guessed at the Heisman ceremony.

Don Vito
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM
If you love Snead, that's cool. I definitely see him as a 1st round talent, but he has yet to play like he deserves to be the #1 QB in the draft, IMO.

I will agree with you that he may not be the #1 guy right now, but a lot of people are projecting him to be and that is legitimate. He has all of the tools you look for, he improved with every game last year, and he comes from a run first pro style offense. Ole Miss' program was nothing before Snead and he completely turned it around which says a lot about how good he is. If you watch him play, you know he has the ability to make all of the throws. He has a big time arm. His accuracy improved immensely as the year went on, he closed out the season with 16 TDs and only 3 INTs during our season ending 6 game winning streak.

I am not denying that Bradford is a great QB, but in this day and age the spread offense gets questioned a lot due to a lot of QBs failing to transition to the NFL from it. He will get some heat for playing out of the shotgun next to two or three future NFL RBs, standing behind a slew of future NFL linemen, and throwing to receiver/tight ends that will be pros as well. Plus he doesn't have the best arm strength in the world. I agree that Bradford is not your typical spread QB and he will be a big time prospect whever he comes out, but all of these things have to be considered.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Brent, are you estimating McCoy's height, or is this an official measurement from somewhere?

There's no way Colt is 6 foot, period.

He's been listed at 6'3, so my guess is he's a legit 6'2, at least that's the height I guessed at the Heisman ceremony.

Short, weak arm, un-orthodox release, takes more snaps out of the shotgun than Bradford... why don't people understand that McCoy is not a 1st round talent last 2nd/Early 3rd is what I am thinking...

vatech=accdomination
05-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Im with Malaka, I dont see McCoy as a top 25 pick

Brent
05-01-2009, 10:27 AM
He was listed as 6'1" coming out of HS (http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=22880).

I have seen him play live several times and I do not believe he is 6'3".

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Both Bradford and McCoy have that funky 3/4 throwing motion, McCoy's arm is average, not weak, and Colt was a playmaker on an offense that wasn't filled with NFL skill talent.

My love for Colt comes from watching him play on Saturdays, not strictly his measurables, and his ability to make game changing/winning plays for the 'Horns.

But then again, I didn't see Colt Brennan being selected in the 6th round either, and now he's on track to be the Redskins starter in 2010.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Snead and McCoy are exactly the same height, (6'2). We'll know officially soon enough.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Both Bradford and McCoy have that funky 3/4 throwing motion, McCoy's arm is average, not weak, and Colt was a playmaker on an offense that wasn't filled with NFL skill talent.

My love for Colt comes from watching him play on Saturdays, not strictyl his measurables, and his ability to make game changing/winning plays for the 'Horns.

But then again, I didn't see Colt Brennan being selected in the 6th round either, and now he's on track to be the Redskins starter in 2010.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Snead and McCoy are exactly the same height, (6'2). We'll know officially soon enough.

McCoy's release is much worse than Bradford's and Snead's
McCoy's arm strength is not horrible but it is worse than Bradford's and Snead's
McCoy's accuracy is really good, better than Snead's but worse than Bradford's
McCoy is shorter than Bradford and Snead
McCoy is very mobile so he has the advantage over Bradford there but Snead is pretty mobile himself and is a much better Pro QB prospect.
McCoy had more snaps from the shotgun formation then Bradford, and Snead plays in a pro style offense.

Other than winning games and stats... where the **** does McCoy love come from...

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
McCoy completed 76.7% of his passes last year.
Bradford, 67.9%.

I don't know if McCoy is shorter than Snead, definitely Bradford.

McCoy and Bradford both throw sidearm, 3/4 release, this really isn't up for debate.

Have you seen Oklahoma play and charted how many times Bradford takes snaps out of the shotgun? Both programs rely heavily on the shotgun formation. You can't criticize Texas for using it more, since they both use it extensively.

Where the **** does (my) McCoy love come from for Colt, Malaka?

I like QBs who are clutch, make plays down the stretch, and elevate their game against top competition.

I get that people will probably in their final evaluation have Colt listed behind both Bradford and Snead, my argument is I have a problem with people suggesting he's an inferior prospect/talent.

ElectricEye
05-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Colt McCoy has always struck me as a really good college player who doesn't transition well to the NFL. I don't buy the 6'3 measurement with him. Unless he grew a few inches, which isn't all that likely(but possible), he's around 6'1. Combine that with average arm strength and accuracy that probably won't be all that it was cracked up to be in college at the professional level and you don't have a very good quarterback prospect.

LonghornsLegend
05-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I like QBs who are clutch, make plays down the stretch, and elevate their game against top competition.

I get that people will probably in their final evaluation have Colt listed behind both Bradford and Snead, my argument is I have a problem with people suggesting he's and inferior prospect/talent.

Seems your trying to rank who will be the better pro Qb by who is the better QB in College and that'll fail every time.

Colt isnt a better QB prospect then Snead, that's not going to change even if Colt does have the better College career, you see highly decorated College QB's go undrafted all the time and you see guys like Freeman go in the 1st round along with it.

CashmoneyDrew
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm with Brent on this one. I'd be shocked if McCoy measures in at anything over 6'1. When I saw him at the Heisman ceremony with Tebow and Bradford, McCoy appeared to be an inch shorter than Tebow, while Tebow looked two inches shorter than Bradford. So my guesses of their height would be;
Bradford: 6'4
Tebow: 6'2
McCoy: 6'1

LookItsAlDavis
05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
McCoy completed 76.7% of his passes last year.
Bradford, 67.9%.

I don't know if McCoy is shorter than Snead, definitely Bradford.

McCoy and Bradford both throw sidearm, 3/4 release, this really isn't up for debate.

Have you seen Oklahoma play and charted how many times Bradford takes snaps out of the shotgun? Both programs rely heavily on the shotgun formation. You can't criticize Texas for using it more, since they both use it extensively.

Where the **** does (my) McCoy love come from for Colt, Malaka?

I get that people will probably in their final evaluation have Colt listed behind both Bradford and Snead, my argument is I have a problem with people suggesting he's and inferior prospect/talent.

So I take it Graham Harrell was your number one QB this year, and you were probably a big Jason White and Danny Wuerffel fan too huh?

Babylon
05-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Snead is the man, he has all of the tools you looks for in an NFL QB and he comes from a pro-style offense. The similarities between Snead and Favre are definitely there. Good size, strength, big arm, and very mobile. Snead is not a finished product yet but when you look at what he did last year you have to be excited.

It doesnt hurt that he plays in the SEC and you see referances to Eli and Favre, if they are accurate or not. Bradford is still going to have the same questions about him whether he was to play one more year or 5. It'll be interesting and i wouldn't completely rule out a couple of others getting 1st round consideration also.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 01:49 PM
So I take it Graham Harrell was your number one QB this year, and you were probably a big Jason White and Danny Wuerffel fan too huh?

This guy jizzes all over himself while watching Colt Brennan/Hawaii game-film... best... QB prospect... evah! How the **** did Colt Brennan not go #1 overall?!?!?!

Oh wait, side-arm release, short, excellent leader, amazing college QB, system offense, clutch... wait is this Colt McCoy or Colt Brennan were talking about in this thread?

Saints-Tigers
05-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I would hate to be in need of a QB in this coming draft. Yeesh.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't understand the people who say that the upcoming QB class is way better than the one we just had. It looks slightly deeper to me, but the top appears decidedly weaker. There isn't a guy there that I'd take over Stafford or Sanchez.

I would take Snead over Freeman, though. Right now I'd take him over Bradford, too.

I feel the same, I think its more likely we have a bunch of QBs go at the top of round 2 than we have 2 go in the top 10 overall, especially when you consider all the other talent at all the other positions in next year draft. I like Stafford and Sanchez more than any of the top QBs in 2010. Right now I might take Bradford and Snead over Freeman, but I can't say I'm real big on any of these QBs in next year's class. I can't really chhose between Bradford and Snead right now, they are really close IMO.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 02:43 PM
My argument throughout this whole thread has been, at least for me, if Snead, who throws at a barely 55% clip, and Bradford are possibly top ten picks, I don't see how McCoy is viewed by many as a vastly inferior talent.

Comparing Harrell to McCoy is the argument someone makes who doesn't watch college football.

What happened when McCoy played Oklahoma?
What happened when Harrell played Oklahoma?

Did you even see their Bowl games? So far in his career McCoy has been clutch in Texas' biggest games.

And don't tell me that Texas had superior talent on offense compared to Texas Tech. McCoy's #1 WR, Quan Cosby, just signed an UDFA contract.

So, LookItsAlDavis, according to your reasoning, since they both won the Heisman and both played for Bob Stoopes at OU and recorded similar stats, Sam Bradford and Jason White are the exact same prospect?

Which means Tebow and Wuerffel must be the same player too, right, because they both won national championships at UF?

Completion percentage has a direct correlation to decision-making by a QB, and IMO no college QB makes better reads or decisions with the ball than MCCoy.

When a QB completes almost 80% of his passes thrown, that's not scheme-oriented, that's raw talent.

You're a Giants fan, Malaka? No surprise. You write like one.

BTW, Brennan is the de facto #2 for the Skins and we'll see if he can't overtake the strong-armed former SEC QB who's about to be released by Washington at the end of the season. I think Brennan is going to be the first spread/run and shoot QB who breaks out big in the NFL, if not this year, then the year after.

I contend that if Bradford, ( who has similar negatives to McCoy), and Snead are top 10 elite talents and/or great prospects at the QB position, I don't see how you could grade McCoy as anything less than a high 2nd rounder.

JFLO
05-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm working on my first 2010 mock (about 20 picks in) and I think I have Snead going mid 1st round to the Seahawks.

I think you either love or hate Jevan Snead, same way with Tebow and McCoy.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
You're a Giants fan, Malaka? No surprise. You write like one.

I ignored the rest of this garbage on completion % and Colt Brennan, but saw this how the hell do I write like a Giants fan, wtf is that supposed to mean?

Oh BTW, Colt Brennan the prospect was passed on by 32 teams 186 times, can Colt Brennan the player step up and be good in the NFL? Absolutely, but right now Colt Brennan and McCoy are extremely similar prospects, and Brennan went in the 6th round of an also quite weak draft class, albeit the one that produced Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, however before the season Matt Ryan had many critics, as did Flacco, it was looked at as quite a weak class. What makes McCoy a better prospect than Brennan? Why shouldn't McCoy be a 6th round pick?

Texas Homer
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Colt is about 6'1.5 or 6'2 I think.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/ColtandBradford.jpg

the decider13
05-01-2009, 03:31 PM
This guy jizzes all over himself while watching Colt Brennan/Hawaii game-film... best... QB prospect... evah! How the **** did Colt Brennan not go #1 overall?!?!?!

Oh wait, side-arm release, short, excellent leader, amazing college QB, system offense, clutch... wait is this Colt McCoy or Colt Brennan were talking about in this thread?

zomg they even have the same name!?! Colt=best of all time!!!

brat316
05-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Colt is about 6'1.5 or 6'2 I think.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/ColtandBradford.jpg

hahha he is on his toes.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Either McCoy grew or Bradford is shorter than listed, at least from that photo.

For what it's worth, at the Heisman ceremony, Bradford towered over all the finalists, including McCoy.

EDIT: I just saw and read what you wrote, bhaarat316, Colt IS standing on his toes.

Why would he do that for a candid shot? No one thinks they're the same height, so why would he care?

Some of these guys are too competitive for their own good, IMO.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
zomg they even have the same name!?! Colt=best of all time!!!

I am changing my name to Colt, and all my sons and daughters will be names Colt, in hope for one of my children becoming the heir apparent to the kingdom of heaven.

the decider13
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
hahha he is on his toes.

hahahahahaha...I didn't even notice that

Texas Homer
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Tebow and Bradford are taller than Colt, but Colt isn't under 6''.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/heismancolt.jpg

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Who knows, Texas Homer, Colt could be on his toes in that last photo too.

We might not get a good official read on his height until his combine.

the decider13
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Tebow and Bradford are taller than Colt, but Colt isn't under 6''.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/ptrain33/heismancolt.jpg

He is prolly about 6'1" or a little more if I had to guess.

Texas Homer
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Also who here is proclaiming Colt to be the best ever?

Seems like the haters are out in full force.

Anyway here is a link to a TD throw by Colt last season. It is not a good example of arm strength, but Colt improved his arm strength from his Soph. year to his Jr. year.

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7084

I'm not saying he's Dan Marino or even Drew Brees, but I could see Colt going somewhere in the 1st round.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Anyway here is a link to a TD throw by Colt last season. It is not a good example of arm strength, but Colt improved his arm strength from his Soph. year to his Jr. year.

I'm not saying he's Dan Marino or even Drew Brees, but I could see Colt going somewhere in the 1st round.

And I'm not saying he's a ****** QB or will never make it the NFL, all I am saying is that I do not see him as a first round talent, I would take Josh Freeman over McCoy.

the decider13
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM

The colt mocking is not directed at you, it is directed at parrish...

He could end up in the first round sure, but that is really dependent on how many teams are looking for a QB next year. It also depends on who declares. I know Bradford is still only a junior and I think Snead is too. If only one of them declares and no other senior QBs come up big, then McCoy could definately be a late first rounder.

Keep in mind that someone like Josh Freeman, who is an athletic freak at QB with not a ton of production, goes in the first round. On the other hand, someone like Graham Harrell who was super productive goes undrafted. McCoy just doesn't have the physical potential of Snead or Bradford.

Larry
05-02-2009, 02:58 PM
My favorite young QB, I hope my Niners get a chance to draft Snead.

RealityCheck
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
http://soonersgameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sammybradford.jpg

oops sorry I thought you said best QB.

http://vancityguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/tim_tebow.jpg

Oops, me too.

the decider13
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
http://vancityguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/tim_tebow.jpg

Oops, me too.

We are talking about NFL quarterback prospects, not fullback prospects

Poz51
05-04-2009, 08:57 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Bill Parcels said Tebow was a top ten QB... If I can find it I will post it...

Sniper
05-04-2009, 09:17 AM
We are talking about NFL quarterback prospects, not fullback prospects

http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/funnyoutofreach.jpg

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-04-2009, 09:22 AM
If Tebow can't make it as a QB in the NFL, IMO, he's not going to switch positions in the pros.

Tebow has some flaws in his game, slow wind up, unconventional passing offense, inexperience finding 2nd and 3rd WR options downfield, however he still has a strong arm, is blessed with a pro body, very accurate, is athletic and can run out of the pocket, hard worker, innate leadership qualities, and is smart.

Tebow doesn't have deficiencies that can't be fixed, although he may still be a project as an NFL QB.

I don't know where you pick him, probably probably no later than round 3, but if you can let him sit a couple years and learn a team's system, you could have the next Steve McNair, a guy who throws just well enough and runs well enough to get a team to the SB.

He's just one of those guys that if you give him the playbook and coach him up, I feel like Tebow will find a way to win.