PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Big East QB and RB rankings

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I am going to be putting together a compilation thread of all the FBS and FCS conferences of quarterbacks and running backs. I have only taken 1 QB and 1 RB from each school as of now, but plan to add them after other give some input and advice. I would love some feedback and criticism. These rankings are to reflect there potential as an NFL prospect regardless of class.

Big East QB Rankings
1. Tony Pike, Cincinnati, Senior, 6'6/225
2. Jarrett Brown, West Virginia, Senior, 6'4/221
3. Zach Frazer, Connecticut, Junior, 6'4/225
4. Bill Stull, Pittsburgh, Junior, 6'3/215
5. Matt Grothe, South Florida, Senior, 6'0/205
6. Justin Burke, Louisville, Junior, 6'3/229
7. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse, R-Freshmen, 6’3/215
8. Domenic Natale, Rutgers, Senior, 6’2/210

Big East RB Rankings
1. Victor Anderson, Louisville, Sophomore, 5'9/185
2. Noel Devine, West Virginia, Junior, 5'8/175
3. Mike Ford, South Florida, Junior, 6'2/225
4. Joe Martinek, Rutgers, Sophomore, 6’0/215
5. Jordan Todman, Connecticut, Sophomore, 5'9/190
6. Jacob Ramsey, Cincinnati, Senior, 6'0/230
7. Delone Carter, Syracuse, Junior, 5'10/214
8. Shariff Harris, Pittsburgh, R-Sophomore, 6'1/215

Jonny
05-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Lovelace won't see the field at all this year. Dom Natale is the starter until Tom Savage wins the job. Young lost his starting job to Joe Martinek, and is a question mark because of knee problems.

Pretty sure Dion Lewis is the starter for Pitt at RB, and Ryan Nassib at QB for Syracuse.

I'd use these rankings:

QB.

1. Pike
(order after this doesn't matter, none of them will sniff the NFL)
2. Brown
3. Stull
4. Frazer
5. Natale
6. Grothe (bad year, short, doesn't do anything but scramble)
7. Burke/Froman
8. Nassib

RB:

1. Anderson
2. Devine
3. Martinek
4. Carter
5. Ford (great tools but can't stay healthy)
6. Todman
7. Lewis
8. Ramsey

RB is actually loaded again.

Hines
05-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Stull and Frazier suck honestly. I like Jordan Todman. I think he was very underrated coming out of high school. Wished Penn State went after him a little harder.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Lovelace won't see the field at all this year. Dom Natale is the starter until Tom Savage wins the job. Young lost his starting job to Joe Martinek, and is a question mark because of knee problems.

Pretty sure Dion Lewis is the starter for Pitt at RB, and Ryan Nassib at QB.

I'd use these rankings:

QB.

1. Pike
(order after this doesn't matter, none of them will sniff the NFL)
2. Brown
3. Stull
4. Frazer
5. Natale
6. Grothe (bad year, short, doesn't do anything but scramble)
7. Burke/Froman
8. Nassib

RB:

1. Anderson
2. Devine
3. Martinek
4. Carter
5. Ford (great tools but can't stay healthy)
6. Todman
7. Lewis
8. Ramsey

RB is actually loaded again.

I'm rooting for D.C. Jefferson personally.

kwilk103
05-01-2009, 01:05 PM
brown will have a very good year

ManOverboard
05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Jefferson won't see the field.

B-Dawk
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Toddman will beast but Frazer is god awful

SKim172
05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
RB:
1. Pike - no-brainer
2. Grothe - has the most experience and production of the rest, which is sorta sad; probably not a NFL prospect, though
3. Brown - first-year starter, has shown some talent
4. Frazer - first-year starter, maybe he'll get it with some experience
5. Stull - bleh. Don't count on him.
6a. Dom Natale (or alternative) - tentative spring starter at RU
6b. Whoever wins it at 'ville
8. Whoever wins it at 'Cuse

RB:
1. Anderson - no-brainer
2. Devine - needs to show he's capable of carrying the game on his back
3. Martinek - cuz I'm a homer and damn did he look good last season
4. Todman - he could be a stud
5. Andre Dixon (UConn) - Had a great '07, needs to bounce back from injury
6. Ford - at this point, Ford has a long way to go.
7. Carter - probably the best RB in the stable for Cuse last year. Curtis Brinkley was productive, but he wasn't the guy Cuse fans wanted to see in the clutch
8. Lewis (or alternative) - whatever.
9. Ramsey - Cincy's system doesn't seem to be tailback-friendly. They need more of a bruiser, I think, 'cuz their O-line isn't designed to open up holes

kwilk103
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
grothe is not an nfl prospect

SeanTaylorRIP
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
The Big East QB's with the exception of Pike are awful.

SKim172
05-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Well, we're talking four first-year starters, probably five once they figure it out at Cuse, so it's not really fair to count them. Grothe is a great college QB the first part of the season and horrible the second part, so he averages out into a decent scrambling QB who'll never make it in the pros, unless it's at fullback or something.

And Stull is awful, yes. One out of three? Not bad.

Keep in mind, it's a small league. Just eight teams.

But the tailback situation, I think, is fairly impressive.

'cuse-213
05-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I wish Delone Carter never got injured, he would be one of the top backs overall.

kwilk103
05-02-2009, 02:20 AM
brown has the tools, just needs to have a great year

cant blame him though, he had to sit behind pat white for 4 years

but, hes been in the film room all the time, so we'll see if it pays off

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I have updated the rankings to try and reflect the opinion of the posters who have replies.

scottyboy
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
RU QB situation is a big unknown right now. Jabu Lovelace is hilarious because of his name and scrambling ability and terrible accuracy. Natale seems to be the leading guy to start, but in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised to see DC see time.

Tom Savage is the future! <3

Vox Populi
05-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I need to watch more Louisville games to check out Victor Anderson I think.

Jonny
05-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Joe Martinek is a sophomore.

SKim172
05-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Joe Martinek is a redshirt sophomore. :P

Matthew Jones
05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
If it was me, Todman is a little higher and Zach Frazer is one of the bottom QBs. What a QB-starved conference. Frazer is a bum based on what we saw of him last year. UConn had some of the worst QBs in the NCAA for a winning team.

art vandelay
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
For SU at QB it could be Nassib or Paulus (assuming he signs). For RB, Delone will probably start but I expect Antwon Bailey to see plenty of time because he is a great fit for the spread offense we are going to run. Also, RS freshman Averin Collier has reportedly looked very good in spring training and could see good time too. I expect us to have a good rotation of the 3.

Ozzy
05-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Really struggling to find good running backs, most of these guys are absolute trash. Same thing with the quarterbacks. Not much to talk about here at all... Thus brings up the point, why make the list.

zinna
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Im a really big VWU fan and I would be really surprised to see either Devine or Brown being drafted. I guess maybe Brown could be a H-Back or something in the NFL... Do you guys really think either one of them will be drafted?

art vandelay
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I know I said it above but watch out for Antwon Bailey at Syracuse. He came on very strong at the end of the year last season when he actually got some carries and could end up breaking out big time in our offense. He is extremely quick and has surprising power for a guy his size. Delone is still a good RB but seemed to lose a step last season after his hip surgery.

etk
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd have Brown and Devine at #1. Brown has big-time potential and impressed when given the opportunity. Devine is a rich man's Sproles.

'cuse-213
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I know I said it above but watch out for Antwon Bailey at Syracuse. He came on very strong at the end of the year last season when he actually got some carries and could end up breaking out big time in our offense. He is extremely quick and has surprising power for a guy his size. Delone is still a good RB but seemed to lose a step last season after his hip surgery.

Bailey had a great game against ND. I'm looking forward to a strong running game this season. Let Nassib take it slow.

scottyboy
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Really struggling to find good running backs, most of these guys are absolute trash. Same thing with the quarterbacks. Not much to talk about here at all... Thus brings up the point, why make the list.

Joe Martinek will eat your babies, with Brooks, Young and Robinson finishing the remains

art vandelay
05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Bailey had a great game against ND. I'm looking forward to a strong running game this season. Let Nassib take it slow.

I agree. I think we will see alot of "dump offs/check downs" and screen plays to the RB's and let them make plays with their talent. Bailey just seems like the perfect fit for the offense I hear we are going to run. I think Carter/Bailey/Collier will all see good time and rotating them alot will keep them fresh. Won't hurt to have Mike Williams back on the outside either.:)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Rankings updated again.

Jonny
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. That RB list is loaded.