PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Dallas Cowboys Superfan? (Read Post before voting)

Shane P. Hallam
05-01-2009, 05:53 PM
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE VOTING:

How to Vote:

You will vote in the poll above, but you should be voting for who you think is the best fan of his/her team. This means that the person has shown extraordinary knowledge of football and their team on both the NFL and Team Forum. This is also a person who lives and dies with their team. This DOES NOT mean the person who is an Admin/Mod/Team Leader, or who is just a stupid homer.

If you have questions post them here.

The SuperFan Competition:

Every day, starting May 1st, I will put up a poll in the off-topic thread, stickied for 24 hours. Every day will be a different team (let's say "Giants") I will make a list of at most, 10 Giants fans, and the SWDC public votes for who is the super fan of the group. Now, this isn't the most homer fan, or the fan who is a mod/admin/around the most. This is who has the most knowledge or his/her team, who has the most knowledge of the NFL, and who makes positive and well-thought out posts on any NFL material.

CashmoneyDrew
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
How come there's no sticky or poll?

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
and who makes...well-thought out posts on any NFL material.

doesn't this right here eliminate pretty much every cowboys fan?

Malaka
05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
doesn't this right here eliminate pretty much every cowboys fan?

Oooh burn!!!!! lmfao...

Paul
05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
LOL, looks kind of sad that I voted for myself now.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Is this game really healthy for the forum? Just gives off a bad vibe. Nobody is better than the other... well... I take that back.... I guess everyone is better than one particular poster I know.... lol.

djp
05-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thule is the smartest Cowboys poster and a top 3-4 on the site.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Thule is the smartest Cowboys poster and a top 3-4 on the site.
DJP!!! I thought you were my boy!!!

Oh the hideous pain!!! Even if you thought it, you didn't have to say it!!! :/

Rob S
05-01-2009, 07:06 PM
D or Thule obviously has this, so I am gonna give some love to MOTH. Cool dude and he likes boxing. Underrated poster and deserves a shout out.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
D or Thule obviously has this, so I am gonna give some love to MOTH. Cool dude and he likes boxing. Underrated poster and deserves a shout out.
Moth is a great Cowboys poster! Good choice!

Then again.. is there a bad choice??? haha. jk MOTH.

To the Cowobys posters not getting as much votes, I hate how this game portrays you. It's not right. Nor is if fair. You guys are all superfans of the Dallas Cowboys. This game is meaningless.

Paul
05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Moth is a great Cowboys poster! Good choice!

Then again.. is there a bad choice??? haha. jk MOTH.

To the Cowobys posters not getting as much votes, I hate how this game portrays you. It's not right. Nor is if fair. You guys are all superfans of the Dallas Cowboys. This game is meaningless.

We have to show some love to Metsox. He's been a great poster from day one.

M.O.T.H.
05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the love...I wouldnt really expect to win such a thing. I dont think many posters outside of us Cowboys fans are reading what we post in the team threads anyway. Outside of the off-topic section, that is where I spend the majority of my time.

I know this is all in good fun but, this whole thing doesnt even seem like a good idea, imo.

tjsunstein
05-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Popularity contest! What should happen is they should pull random excerpts from the team threads.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Appreciate the votes a lot, but STOP VOTING FOR ME PLEASE!!!

Send your votes to the other Dallas posters as they are more deserving. I don't even like the Cowboys!!! They are the cause of too much pain!

Edit: Don't be like Mr. Hero. He just bit the hand that fed him. Expect bannage CGF.

fischbowl
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Yay Paul ra ra ra

A Perfect Score
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I too gave my vote to Paul

The Unseen
05-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Is DMW AWOL? I voted for him.

Gay Ork Wang
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Popularity contest it is

M.O.T.H.
05-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Is DMW AWOL? I voted for him.

Havent seen much of DMW, Thule, or LSU. Especially DMW and LSU.

Staubach12
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm surprised I have a vote haha. I try to be a good poster, but I'm still learning knowledge of the game, etc. But I appreciate the vote Bos. Unless you're being sarcastic.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Send your votes to the other Dallas posters as they are more deserving. I don't even like the Cowboys!!! They are the cause of too much pain!

Edit: Don't be like Mr. Hero. He just bit the hand that fed him. Expect bannage CGF.

really? Poking some fun at an old friend over some silly popularity contest? Weak, dude. I'm not sending you a christmas card this year.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Surprised Burns hasn't gotten a vote yet. Another good dude who just picked the wrong team to root for.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
So Jbond, is this accomplishing what you thought it would?

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 07:55 PM
really? Poking some fun at an old friend over some silly popularity contest? Weak, dude. I'm not sending you a christmas card this year.
Shh... Jbond said this is not a popularity contest. You gotta let him think this game is working according to his plan.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I like Longhorns Legend... He stops in with Bengals stuff and gets involved with other teams NFL stuff. The Cowboys fans don't mess around, there are so many of you.

This was a hard one to start things out with.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Havent seen much of DMW, Thule, or LSU. Especially DMW and LSU.
DMW is one of our best "in season" posters. Not much of a draft follower. thule has been around. Was MIA during the draft though. I wish LSU was still around. He was a very knowledgeable poster, but I haven't seen him post in ages. Apparently, activity on the site is not important, since Bond voted for him. If that's the case, kwhy, Jdallas, and KillerSanta should've been up for vote as well. I guess I just don't get this thing.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Is the superfan supposed to come up with a team cheer for the team forum after he wins??? :p

TitanHope
05-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Is the superfan supposed to come up with a team cheer for the team forum after he wins???

I vote YES!!!

E-Man
05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I voted for thule because he won the eenie meenie mini moe contest. lol

Brent
05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I went with DMW, he seems to have good posts.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I voted for thule because he won the eenie meenie mini moe contest. lol
I make 2 sigs for you and you pull an eenie meenie??!!!!

I see how it is Mr.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Best Secondary this Decade stand out.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Good choice. I'm more curious why you left me off your 10K post. That means WAAAAAAY more than this. :p

E-Man
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I make 2 sigs for you and you pull an eenie meenie??!!!!

I see how it is Mr.

lol I was gonna vote for you, but you specifically said not to.

You had my first vote specifically for the sigs until I saw that post.. My bad man. I didn't mean to do you like that.

yodabear
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Tough choice between D and Ward for me. D-Unit has given me sexy treats before, that wins my vote.

The Unseen
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM

We seem to be two of three on the DMW bandwagon.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
lol I was gonna vote for you, but you specifically said not to.

You had my first vote specifically for the sigs until I saw that post.. My bad man. I didn't mean to do you like that.
lol. I'm not being serious man. I'm just playing the part of a guy trying to prevent this game from moving onto 31 other teams by showing the kinds of negativity that can draw from it.

Malaka
05-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Well I voted for D-Unit because I haven't bumped heads with him... yet... and he was my partner in a forum mock some time ago :p .

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Tough choice between D and Ward for me. D-Unit has given me sexy treats before, that wins my vote.
Sexy treats FTW!!!

BTW, Yoda... I hope you didn't put those treats in your mouth....

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Well I voted for D-Unit because I haven't bumped heads with him... yet... and he was my partner in a forum mock some time ago :p .
You mean I'm not the true Superfan that you really made me feel I was???

FML. :(

Malaka
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
You mean I'm not the true Superfan that you really made me feel I was???

FML. :(

Cowboys fans should all FTL... and so should eagle and redskin fans :D

Don't cry D-Unit, I almost voted for M.O.T.H because I played him on Xbox live NCAA 09, but I remember he beat me, so I am like **** that... Brandon Spikes and Shonn Greene FTW!

M.O.T.H.
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Cowboys fans should all FTL... and so should eagle and redskin fans :D

Don't cry D-Unit, I almost voted for M.O.T.H because I played him on Xbox live NCAA 09, but I remember he beat me, so I am **** that... Brandon Spikes and Shonn Greene FTW!

lol. :D

the decider13
05-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I voted for Longhornslegend...it was a tough call between him and M.O.T.H. for me. I just think longhorns is a really good poster.

yodabear
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Sexy treats FTW!!!

BTW, Yoda... I hope you didn't put those treats in your mouth....

That explains somethings.....

Brent
05-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Good choice. I'm more curious why you left me off your 10K post. That means WAAAAAAY more than this. :p
I missed a few people. I literally went through the entire member list to make sure I didnt miss any one and lo and behold, I missed a few haha. :/

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 08:59 PM
That explains somethings.....
I know the outside of the box said "Edible Panties", but my wife had her period when she tried them on, so I stuffed it back in the box to return to the store until I thought of you... ;)

yodabear
05-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I know the outside of the box said "Edible Panties", but my wife had her period when she tried them on, so I stuffed it back in the box to return to the store until I thought of you... ;)

I have a mangina.

Brent
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
We seem to be two of three on the DMW bandwagon.
Well, admittedly, I dont follow all the posters but it seems that whenever he posts a thread, while I might not agree with what he says, he has thought out posts and seems to know his team well.

Example: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1632498#post1632498

The Unseen
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, admittedly, I dont follow all the posters but it seems that whenever he posts a thread, while I might not agree with what he says, he has thought out posts and seems to know his team well.

I'm the same way.

yodabear
05-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Example: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1632498#post1632498

Awww man, u are actually supposed to do homework for this vote, and think about it. I am screwed, I like voting for who gives me a mangina.

The Unseen
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow, DMW has only 1486 posts. That's what you call quality over quantity.

Brent
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
a mangina.
"would you **** me? I'd **** me"

yodabear
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
"would you **** me? I'd **** me"

I would, but sorry I am taken.

Cicero
05-01-2009, 09:20 PM

Threesome?

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 09:21 PM

I'm happy to see you remember the past we share.

E-Man
05-01-2009, 09:38 PM
lol. I'm not being serious man. I'm just playing the part of a guy trying to prevent this game from moving onto 31 other teams by showing the kinds of negativity that can draw from it.

You got a point about that.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
You got a point about that.

This forum is lacking some good feuds.

E-Man
05-01-2009, 09:42 PM

It's because I haven't brought out my steel chair yet. Once I find that bad boy under the ring I'm crackin' skulls.

D-Unit
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I've been pissed off with Xio lately, but no fued yet. That would get pretty ugly, I bet.

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I've been pissed off with Xio lately, but no fued yet. That would get pretty ugly, I bet.

*drama* After this competition we're going to need a week of Jerry Springer DC

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I like the idea of this. The Giants/Packers/Bears/Raiders/Ravens/Steelers and some of the other larger fanbases should be interesting. The Seahawks, not so much.

Longhorn still gets my vote in this one. Is the Cowboys Superfan title the most prestigious?

yodabear
05-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I like the idea of this. The Giants/Packers/Bears/Raiders/Ravens/Steelers and some of the other larger fanbases should be interesting. The Seahawks, not so much.

Longhorn still gets my vote in this one. Is the Cowboys Superfan title the most prestigious?

No, that one is the Rams.

the decider13
05-01-2009, 10:50 PM
No, that one is the Rams.

You are the only Rams fan I can think of...

yodabear
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
You are the only Rams fan I can think of...

I, unfourtunantly think u are in the majority in that. But seriously, we have a lot of great fans here from the Rams side. They just aren't as boisterous and annoying as me. But KCJ58, HoltBruce81, and NGSeiler are all great fans. There are others.

the decider13
05-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I, unfourtunantly think u are in the majority in that. But seriously, we have a lot of great fans here from the Rams side. They just aren't as boisterous and annoying as me. But KCJ58, HoltBruce81, and NGSeiler are all great fans. There are others.

I was just about to edit and say KCJ lol

But you are right, HoltBruce and NGSeiler are good posters. Knowledgable about the team but not super homer.

It shall be a close one

B-Dawk
05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
eh maybe not the actual qualifications but moth gets it for being a braves fan, and to hell if im voting for a cowboys fans otherwise

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 11:11 PM
This was tough, as there are a lot of Cowboys fans I actually like, and are quality posters, but I gave it to MOTH, really tough decision, as there are 5 or 6 guys I was really considering.

BeerBaron
05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow....there are so many quality Cowboys fans.....thats freaky stuff.

tjsunstein
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow....there are so many quality Cowboys fans.....thats freaky stuff.

The quality Cowboys fans are here and no where else it seems.

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
As much as I dislike the Cowboys, their fans on this forum provide quite a bit of knowledge and input into all NFL topics. It's too bad that a team like Dallas gets the same amount of votes as some of the less popular/represented teams on here.

El Peefs?????
05-02-2009, 03:31 AM
As a principle I cannot have a teams 'Superfan' be born and raised across the country from their team. To me, that isn't a 'Superfan' at all. I also try and avoid Cowboys related topics because I already hear more than I want about them on ESPN and all other national coverage.

So since i saw 'Dallas' in Paul's location, I voted for him.

farfromforgotten
05-02-2009, 06:36 AM
As a principle I cannot have a teams 'Superfan' be born and raised across the country from their team. To me, that isn't a 'Superfan' at all.

I guess it's your philosophy, but I dont get this at all.

scottyboy
05-02-2009, 08:13 AM
I cried when I read the first post and it said don't vote for the biggest homer. AND the Giants were used as the example. Damn JBond and his sublimenal messages so people wont vote for me when the time comes...

oh, and since I don't like getting people mad, and I surprisingly like quite a few CowGIRLS(i'm so clever LOL) fans, I'm voting for MOTH. why? he posted a picture on SWDC with him wearing a Rutgers shirt.
that being said <3 D, Paul, Thule, and Ward as well

burns and staubach are cool dudes too, don't know them that well thoughhhh

MetSox17
05-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I abstain from voting. There's a couple of guys there that you can vote for and i wouldn't have a problem winning, but i just can't vote for one and not the others. I've seen plenty of each of those guys (save for LSU), and i know about five of them are all great, knowledgeable fans.

Shane P. Hallam
05-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Voting will close in about 7 hours!

Bosanac01
05-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Voting will close in about 7 hours!

what order are you going in? Is it just random?

Shane P. Hallam
05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm going to go a little random, just to spruce things up.

D-Unit
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm going to go a little random, just to spruce things up.
Only right to do the Steelers next. Be a man. lol.

UKfan
05-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I voted for Paul, go Paul!

critesy
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
sack machine for the winnnn

LonghornsLegend
05-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I hadn't even noticed this thread, need to visit off-topic more...I learn so much from all these guys it's pretty impossible to vote, whenever DMW comes around I always get some good insight from him, he gets on the homer side more often then none but he's still very knowledgeable.

Thule, D, and MOTH I all learn a great deal from so it's tough to pick, buuuut D did just make me this sig so there's Brownie points :D This should be fun for a few other fan bases, Lions and Falcons fans come to mind...We all disagree quite a bit here and that's why this is the best group of Cowboy posters, check out the team forum for lots of good discussion and arguments.

jballa838
05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
i would have picked thule if given opportunity to vote, but I was too busy winning track meets.

ccB
05-02-2009, 07:06 PM
So did D-Unit win?

Shane P. Hallam
05-02-2009, 07:13 PM
D did pull out the slight victory! Next thread will be up momentarily.

LonghornsLegend
05-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I broke the tie woo hoo :D

etk
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
IDK who I would've voted for. thule, Burns or D-Unit probably. I could've tied it up :O.

Maybe I need glasses when I'm browsing Off Topic. Never saw this thread.