PDA

View Full Version : Why does this kind of **** always seem to happen to me....

The_Dude
05-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I coach middle school track and field. We were finishing up practice yesterday & decided to have fun with a good old fashioned game of tag. I was chasing a kid & as i tagged him, he dropped to the ground. Instead of landing on him & possibly crushing him (which would be a bad idea since his dad is the chief of police of the city that i live in :)), i jumped over him, only to land hard on the ground.

Now, i am an excellent "faller"... i have avoided many injuries by being able to fall correctly (it is an excellent skill to have).... but this time i landed directly on my left shoulder. As i landed, i felt/heard a "crunch, crunch, crunch" in my shoulder. I muttered a couple of curse words under my breath and went to the sideline. I could barely move my arm and it hurt like hell.

After practice i drove up to after-hours care at the local clinic and found out that i separated my shoulder.... grade 2, i believe. So now i am sitting here with my arm in a sling because i fell playing a game of ******* tag with 12-14 year olds.

This kind of **** always seems to happen to me!

ATLDirtyBirds
05-02-2009, 11:11 AM
You could have fallen on top of the kid and hit a certain area below the belt. That would have gotten you some time behind bars seeing who is father is. That's the alternative my friend. I think you got lucky.

Brent
05-02-2009, 11:46 AM
He fell on purpose. They're plotting to murder you.

tjsunstein
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
What do you mean this always happens to you? Was there a prior occurance of tag gone wrong?

The_Dude
05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I said "this kind of ****".... dumb stuff that you don't expect to happen, but does.

tjsunstein
05-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I said "this kind of ****".... dumb stuff that you don't expect to happen, but does.

I know, I was messing with ya. So you're unlucky. Join the club. Some of us seems to get the **** end of the stick.

Addict
05-02-2009, 12:21 PM
haha you fail at tag!

CashmoneyDrew
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
One time when I was little, I was playing tag, and I ducked to try and avoid the tag, and somehow the kids tooth went straight into my head and got lodged in there. Lots of blood from both sides.

wicket
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
well its not the worst thing that could happen to you tbh. the best wishes and stuff with your shoulder but as long as they dont have to cut your arm of I'd be happy ;)

edit: this was to the OP not to the guy who had a kid trying to eat him whilst playing tag. I've actually done quite a lot of damage playing tag but never hurt myself. couple of instances other kids ran into eachother and once i tried to jump over another kid but kicked him full in the chest in the attempt.

dabears10
05-02-2009, 12:25 PM
You would be with 12 year olds you pedderass. Don't **** with the jesus.

CJSchneider
05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Tag dude, your it.

Seriously though, I hope your shoulder gets to feeling better.

Vikes99ej
05-02-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.fmylife.com/

yourfavestoner
05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
If that's not an epic fail, I don't know what is.

Addict
05-02-2009, 01:10 PM
If that's not an epic fail, I don't know what is.

the lions' 08 season?

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
the lions?

u wrote too much addict