PDA

View Full Version : Demarius Thomas

Buc Baller12
05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
What is the scouting report on Demaryius Thomas? I am yet too see him play. I did notice in one of the mock drafts he went in the top 15. A couple of years ago my buddy told me too keep an eye on this guy. Saying he had Calvin Johnson like qualities. So I am guessing he is a big receiver with some good speed?

Hines
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
He is basically Calvin Johnson, but probably not godly like Johnson. With the way Georgia Tech's offense is, he won't get to shine as a reciever. I could see him blowing up in offseason workouts. Probably one of my top recievers in next year's draft if he were to declare.

CashmoneyDrew
05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Top 5 WR prospect for next year's class for sure. It's a shame he won't get to do much in that offense next year.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah it's a shame he will never put up huge stats in Paul Johnson's navy option offense, but in perspective he is so productive with what he is given. IMO his production last year would be equivalent to getting 1200 yards in the spread offenses guys like Crabtree and Maclin came from. It's a shame that Dez and Aurrellious will be putting up huge stats while Thomas has just as much ability but won't get enough looks from Nesbitt who I also think is killing any pro potential by playing in this system. Still this system wins football games and that's all a college coach cares about. The system definitely benefits Dwyer though.

SuperKevin
05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Best blocking WR I've seen in a long time

scar988
05-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Great blocking WR, even better receiving threat. Should be a 2nd-3rd rounder in this draft because of not as much production, but has Calvin Johnson-esque potential

scar988
05-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah it's a shame he will never put up huge stats in Paul Johnson's navy option offense, but in perspective he is so productive with what he is given. IMO his production last year would be equivalent to getting 1200 yards in the spread offenses guys like Crabtree and Maclin came from. It's a shame that Dez and Aurrellious will be putting up huge stats while Thomas has just as much ability but won't get enough looks from Nesbitt who I also think is killing any pro potential by playing in this system. Still this system wins football games and that's all a college coach cares about. The system definitely benefits Dwyer though.

I could actually see him putting up 8-900 yards.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
He's got great size, 6'3 and 228, and as many have said is a great blocker. It isn't that he isn't a good receiveing threat, he's great as a receiver, he just doesn't have many opportunities. He is a big, physical, athletic WR in the mold of Megatron. He would be more like Bumblebee though, haha. Seriously, he is a good WR prospect who has a great shot at going first day next year if he declares. His hands are pretty good, but needs to work on route running a bit, but is very strong and has good speed.

scar988
05-03-2009, 10:55 AM
he's definitely more like Bumblebee than Megatron. I was hoping for Megatron to stay one more year at GT and teach Demaryius Thomas some more.

Brent
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Scouts will overlook his system's restrictions. In fact, it only highlights his awesome blocking. To put it simply, the dude is Calvin Jr.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 11:00 AM
he's definitely more like Bumblebee than Megatron. I was hoping for Megatron to stay one more year at GT and teach Demaryius Thomas some more.

Bumblebee is awesome in his own right, but will never reach the godly stature that Megatron has.

Solomon
05-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Scouts will overlook his system's restrictions. In fact, it only highlights his awesome blocking. To put it simply, the dude is Calvin Jr.

Keyshawn Johnson type of player? It seems like he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness of Calvin Johnson, is that accurate? Could he put on 20lbs and play tight end (not to sound like a previous poster who will not be named)?

Brent
05-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Keyshawn Johnson type of player? It seems like he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness of Calvin Johnson, is that accurate? Could he put on 20lbs and play tight end (not to sound like a previous poster who will not be named)?
He's not any where near CJ with his speed. This was the only clip I could find but it illustrates his speed, I think.

Rh-GiNHRXBQ

scar988
05-03-2009, 11:15 AM

no. he's a 4.5 guy. not the fastest, but still a good speed. He's a possession type in the NFL. think Dwayne Bowe or Anquan Boldin style receiver more than anyone else. just a guy who can go up there and get it and be a focus of a drive.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 11:21 AM

He doesn't, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that does. His speed is average, and he is pretty quick, not overly quick though. He definitely is a posession receiver in the NFL with the body type of a Dwayne Bowe.

JRTPlaya21
05-03-2009, 12:24 PM
He went to the highschool near my grandma's. Kid was a stud. I could really see him going on day one whenever he comes out. Always impresses me.

sbh15
05-03-2009, 12:58 PM
This kid playing in the triple option is the equivalent of Calvin Johnson playing with Reggie Ball.

The comparisons are all there!

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
This kid playing in the triple option is the equivalent of Calvin Johnson playing with Reggie Ball.

The comparisons are all there!

lol. I will say though that in comparison, Reggie Ball threw for over 1400 yards and 12 more TD's than Nesbitt did last year. All of the Georgia Tech QB's last years passing yards add to 1200 passing yards and Thomas had over half of those yards which is very impressive. His stats actually last year were pretty good considering. He only had 3 less receptions than DHB while having more yards.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:38 PM
lol. I will say though that in comparison, Reggie Ball threw for over 1400 yards and 12 more TD's than Nesbitt did last year. All of the Georgia Tech QB's last years passing yards add to 1200 passing yards and Thomas had over half of those yards which is very impressive. His stats actually last year were pretty good considering. He only had 3 less receptions than DHB while having more yards.

Those QBs didn't have Megatron though...;)

thebow305
05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
He is basically Calvin Johnson, but probably not godly like Johnson. With the way Georgia Tech's offense is, he won't get to shine as a reciever. I could see him blowing up in offseason workouts. Probably one of my top recievers in next year's draft if he were to declare.

I agree with all of this. I rate him as a top 3 receiver next year though, possibly even #1 with a relatively strong season given that offense. He seems like the most complete receiver in this year's class, as well as last year's.

ElectricEye
05-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Absolutely love this kid. First round talent for sure. Have him right behind Benn and Dez Bryant.

SenorGato
05-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Beast. Has the potential to help make this WR class arguably the most talented of the decade with him, Bryant, Benn, and Thomas all looking to be high end prospects.