PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith

ChefMike
05-03-2009, 03:29 PM
So with the signing of John Beck... what do we do with Troy Smith?

Mel Kiper compared Willy to Tom Brady (not in Talent but in intangibles and potential to be a late round QB Gem) so he could be our #3 QB and Troy Smith has talent and is in the last year of his contract.. so he could be attractive to another team..

Maybe we could package him in a trade for a WR? I know that the normal gameplan is never to trade inside your own division but maybe we could get Ochocinco away from Cincy with a quality backup at TE and QB? and not have to let go of any draft picks?

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
NO, John Beck hopefully wont even make the team but if he does he shouldn't be the #2. Beck is terrible! Keep Troy as backup and keep Bouman as a #3, then keep Willy on the practice squad, and cut Beck. Worthless signing!

coordinator0
05-03-2009, 03:49 PM
NO, John Beck hopefully wont even make the team but if he does he shouldn't be the #2. Beck is terrible! Keep Troy as backup and keep Bouman as a #3, then keep Willy on the practice squad, and cut Beck. Worthless signing!

Yeah that. I really don't know what the Beck signing does for us, seems like another camp arm to me. I'd rather try to sign Troy to an extension, and I don't believe he will get the chance to be a starter anywhere. There just doesn't seem to be many places where his talents would fit well for a starter.

ccB
05-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Keep Troy as the #2. I couldn't give a shot less whether it's Beck or Bouman as the #3.

coordinator0
05-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Actually the #3 QB is inactive during games so IDC who it is really.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I like having Troy as our backup. Lets me know that if Flacco goes down for a couple plays/games we will still be ok.

Ravens1991
05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Didnt Cameron have Beck ranked above Quinn. I guess he feels he can develop him into a #2. Also I saw that comparison about Brady to Wiley. But every year there is a unathletic QB that has nice intangibles that is compared to Brady, and they all suck except Derek Anderson who is decent. Bottom line is there will probably never be another Brady in our lifetime.

America
05-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I want Troy here. He can add a different dimension to the team, so even as a #2 QB, he can still be of use. Bouman and Beck are both just plain bad, I wouldn't even want them playing.

wonderbredd24
05-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I wonder if they signed Beck because Troy Smith is a lazy, fat ass.

Just like before the National Title game, Smith has been seen around Northest Ohio with a lot of excess baggage. A friend of mine saw him with former Ohio State and Glenville teammate Ted Ginn... one of them looked like a professional athlete.

Ravens1991
05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I haven't heard anything about that. I thought Smith was a team player

ChefMike
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Troy Smith is quality but so is Beck.. Beck is far from a bum but he had nothing in Miami going for him and I think he would excel in Baltimore as a backup. Troy could go somewhere and compete, like in Tampa or NYJ or SF..

With us having a young budding superstar QB why not trade him for either a draft pick or a player to help out the Offense..

ccB
05-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Troy Smith is quality but so is Beck.. Beck is far from a bum but he had nothing in Miami going for him and I think he would excel in Baltimore as a backup. Troy could go somewhere and compete, like in Tampa or NYJ or SF..

With us having a young budding superstar QB why not trade him for either a draft pick or a player to help out the Offense..

I think Troy Smith's value as a back up QB is greater than anything we could get for him in a trade. Not to mention the value he adds in the wild cat, if we plan on bringing that back this year, but that could of just been a one year gimmick.

Beck will make the team over Bouman because a. He has more potential than Bouman and b. Cam Cameron drafted him and has a chubby for him.

banetzdererste
05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Keep Troy Smith, if Flaccos been injured, we still need him!

Beck ok, he could be the 3rd String.
But Never trade Troy for Chad Whatever....

coordinator0
05-04-2009, 09:30 AM

The only team he would go and compete in would be SF from that list, the other 2 just spent first round picks on QB's. No shot in hell he gets a chance over them. Really, SF might be his only option in the near future along with some of the other teams that have aging QB's. In the end I think he goes somewhere else though, where he will at least get a chance to be the starting QB.

ccB
05-04-2009, 09:55 AM
The only team he would go and compete in would be SF from that list, the other 2 just spent first round picks on QB's. No shot in hell he gets a chance over them. Really, SF might be his only option in the near future along with some of the other teams that have aging QB's. In the end I think he goes somewhere else though, where he will at least get a chance to be the starting QB.
I doubt Troy Smith would beat out Shaun Hill in SF, I guess it could be a possibility but IMO Troy is a career backup.

ChefMike
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh cause Bouman is such a diamond in the rough?! your crazy..

Improve the Team... why not try and get some value for a #2 QB that we clearly don't have a desperate need for. Let Willy be the #3 and Beck be the #2..

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
?? Aren't you forgeting troy smith?

Ravens1991
05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Cameron really likes this guy, I could see us moving Smith to RB or something and make Beck our #2. Also if Flacco ever goes down we can still put Smith in as a pure QB I believe.

America
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I could not see us moving Troy to RB. He should be the #2 QB. Beck is not good, plain and simple.

TACKLE
05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I think Troy should definitely stay as the #2. I feel comfortable with him if Flacco goes down. He's a good fit and he's a guy who can come in and be effective on third down which is key.

ccB
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Cameron really likes this guy, I could see us moving Smith to RB or something and make Beck our #2. Also if Flacco ever goes down we can still put Smith in as a pure QB I believe.

Can't see that happening, Troy will stay the #2 guy and will come in when we run the wildcat (if we continue to use that this year, might of been a one year wonder)

?? Aren't you forgeting troy smith?

He's advocating that we trade Troy, move Beck to #2 and put Drew Willy third on the depth chart.