PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Supplemental draft?

Mr. Stiller
05-04-2009, 05:21 AM
Who's eligible or is this a year with no guys coming out?

Sveen
05-04-2009, 05:37 AM
I haven't heard of anyone declaring yet, but it's still a while until the draft though, so there probably still time for players to declare.

DJC
05-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Kellen Lewis was kicked out of school and might enter. I'm not sure if anyone would use a pick on him though.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2009, 07:12 AM
The supplemental draft definitely has had more misses than hits so far. In recent memory Paul Oliver who the Chargers gave up a 4th rounder for. But sometimes those rare cases do appear like Jared Gaither who the Ravens only had to give up a 5th rounder for a guy who already played at a pro bowl level last year and has one of the rarest freakish combo's of size and speed. IMO if he hadn't had his grade issues he would have been a top 5 pick in 2008. That's is one lucky case, to only have to give up a 5th rounder for the guy is ludicrous. Very few 6-9 350 pound left tackles who move like him in pass protection and maul in the run game as well as get into the second level. Unless a guy is truly special he shouldn't be drafted in the supplemental draft. The thing is with most of these guys we know there are character issues. With someone like Gaither it was just grades, but even that should garner a red flag and further research.

TitanHope
05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
FS Demetrice Morely should enter. No confirmation on if he will though.

rockio42
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
The supplemental draft definitely has had more misses than hits so far. In recent memory Paul Oliver who the Chargers gave up a 4th rounder for. But sometimes those rare cases do appear like Jared Gaither who the Ravens only had to give up a 5th rounder for a guy who already played at a pro bowl level last year and has one of the rarest freakish combo's of size and speed. IMO if he hadn't had his grade issues he would have been a top 5 pick in 2008. That's is one lucky case, to only have to give up a 5th rounder for the guy is ludicrous. Very few 6-9 350 pound left tackles who move like him in pass protection and maul in the run game as well as get into the second level. Unless a guy is truly special he shouldn't be drafted in the supplemental draft. The thing is with most of these guys we know there are character issues. With someone like Gaither it was just grades, but even that should garner a red flag and further research.

man crush??

RealityCheck
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
It think Morley will be the only one to enter. And nobody will use a pick on him.

CashmoneyDrew
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Preston Parker maybe since he was kicked out of FSU.

TitanHope
05-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Preston Parker maybe since he was kicked out of FSU.

He's transferring to a FCS school. Something like North Alabama...or something like that.

LonghornsLegend
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
man crush??

It's the truth, getting him for a 5th rounder was an absolute steal, and he easily could of been a top 10 pick had he gone in the original draft without the grades problems.

Those type of situations make you wish your team had spent the 4th to just see, it really wasn't even that much considering the upside he brought so I'm not sure why there wasn't more interest...I also wanted Paul Oliver for Dallas, but I think teams are more then hesitant to spend picks in the supplemental draft.

superman
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
fred rouse?

he playing anywhere this yr?

PACKmanN
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
FS Demetrice Morely should enter. No confirmation on if he will though.

any info on the guy?

ratiffshabang
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
fred rouse?

he playing anywhere this yr?

theres a name i haven't heard in awhile.. i remember when FSU signed him. i was so pumped, he was being touted as the next Peter Warrick. lol what a joke that guy was, kicked out of school after the first year. i wonder where he is these days?

JRTPlaya21
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Rouse ended up at Texas Southern with Bobby Reid. Rouse is out of eligibility.

superman
05-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Rouse ended up at Texas Southern with Bobby Reid. Rouse is out of eligibility.

i think bobby reid is too. and worked out for some team this offseason.

i was sure both of these guys would dominate college football.

kmartin575
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
It's the truth, getting him for a 5th rounder was an absolute steal, and he easily could of been a top 10 pick had he gone in the original draft without the grades problems.

Those type of situations make you wish your team had spent the 4th to just see, it really wasn't even that much considering the upside he brought so I'm not sure why there wasn't more interest...I also wanted Paul Oliver for Dallas, but I think teams are more then hesitant to spend picks in the supplemental draft.

I agree. I was begging for the Chiefs to take Gaither in the supplemental draft, I think his talent was pretty obvious to even a person like myself. I can't believe NFL teams didn't pursue him better.

art vandelay
05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Morely should enter but I doubt he's drafted. He is an idiot. What a wasted talent.

Nalej
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
The Supplemental Draft is still a big mystery to me

SuperKevin
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Corey Surrency might I think

CC.SD
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Paul Oliver got moved to safety and could start this year.

Mr. Hero
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Gaither was a freaky prospect, I too thought he was a first rounder before that summer and was surprised no one pulled the trigger on him until round five, I was expecting someone in the late third would toss that pick at him to beat out the bottom of round four teams but nope, once again NFL teams don't feel like listening to me.

SuperKevin
05-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Looks like FSU WR Corey Surrency and Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon are the biggest names that could declare this year

draftguru151
05-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Just read what happened with Jarmon, that's rough, he's pretty legit.

Brent
05-23-2009, 12:20 PM
NFL teams don't feel like listening to me.
Does any one? ;)

MooshooGawd
05-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Shame to hear about Jarmon. He should get some consideration in the Supplemental, I would think.

SuperKevin
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
FSU WR Richard Goodman got kicked off the team following an arrest for aggravated battery and could be declaring as well. He's unlikely to garner any attention though seeing how he missed all of last year with an injury.

CashmoneyDrew
05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Ahmard Hall was in the supplemental draft I believe. Went undrafted to the Titans. Best young FB in the league! :D

Yatta!
06-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Jeremy Jarmon confirms that he will enter the supplemental draft.
http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=10487233&nav=menu203_4

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Ahmard Hall was in the supplemental draft I believe. Went undrafted to the Titans. Best young FB in the league! :D

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

Le'Ron McClain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGRUNJorz8) >>>>>> Ahmard Hall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-I4h0s2jnU) :D

BuddyCHRIST
06-06-2009, 08:51 AM
FSU WR Richard Goodman got kicked off the team following an arrest for aggravated battery and could be declaring as well. He's unlikely to garner any attention though seeing how he missed all of last year with an injury.

He wasn't kicked off, he's suspended because he has a felony charge pending and he can't be a part of the team with that going on. That said that felony charge will get reduced, and its absolute bs that it ever came up. He's being arrested for a 20 person fight 8 months ago where the police weren't there and only have conflicting witness accounts. It's a very stupid situation with a moron for a DA.

That said he'll be back on the team most likely because that charge will be reduced/dropped all together.

CashmoneyDrew
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM

Le'Ron McClain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGRUNJorz8) >>>>>> Ahmard Hall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-I4h0s2jnU) :D

Agree to disagree. And if you didn't notice on that Ahmard Hall hit, he picked up the first down and got up right away. ;)
You can't phase the Marine.

Clayton89
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
haha at the end of that Mcclain run is that Gaither in the endzone lol

yourfavestoner
06-09-2009, 02:17 AM

I hope Jacksonville unleashes Greg Jones like how McClain was last season.

jsa230
06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
With Fred Taylor out of the picture I expect to see Jones get somewhere around 100 carries. Jones has been relied upon before in jacksonville and should suffice as a compliment to mjd this year.

Is Jarmon getting any consideration in the supp. draft?

Yatta!
06-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Central Michigan OG Joe McMahon to enter. Doesn't look likely to be drafted.
http://blog.mlive.com/fireupchips/2009/06/joe_mcmahon_headed_to_nfl.html

Sveen
06-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Two more names added to supp draft list… CBS Sports is reporting that in addition to Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OG Joe McMahon have applied to the NFL for inclusion in next month’s summer supplemental draft. Surrency is a 6-5, 220-pound wideout with the kind of size and speed that NFL offensive co-ordinators can usually only dream about, however, he caught only 12 passes in his one season with the Seminoles although four went for scores. Meanwhile, the6-3, 290-pound McMahon also only played one year of D1A football, although he was a junior college All-American. The supplemental draft is scheduled to be held on July 16.

GBNReport.com

superman8456
06-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Two more names added to supp draft list… CBS Sports is reporting that in addition to Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OG Joe McMahon have applied to the NFL for inclusion in next month’s summer supplemental draft. Surrency is a 6-5, 220-pound wideout with the kind of size and speed that NFL offensive co-ordinators can usually only dream about, however, he caught only 12 passes in his one season with the Seminoles although four went for scores. Meanwhile, the6-3, 290-pound McMahon also only played one year of D1A football, although he was a junior college All-American. The supplemental draft is scheduled to be held on July 16.

GBNReport.com

Corey Surrency sounds like he has potential to be a really good WR.