PDA

View Full Version : Brian Calhoun released

WMD
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20090504/SPORTS01/90504064/1048/sports/Lions+release+RB+Brian+Calhoun

Good move, he never did anything as a Lion.

DoWnThEfiElD
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Another wasted mid-round pick

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Saves 530 K.

He is the epitomy of wasted Millen 3rd round picks. Thank goodness Kevin Smith and Avril did something. I guess its impossible to miss on every 3rd round pick in 8 years. Now they have to take the next step.

Aaron Brown and Antone Smith did well in the rookie mini camp. Makes sense to get rid of Calhoun.

familyguy555
05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Very nice we had too many RB's doing nothing.

Brodeur
05-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I guess that means the Lions Injured Reserve has an extra spot.

Calvin & Kevin
05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Man, I will give the new coaching staff this - they know who to get rid of. They are going down the roster and releasing all the bums, one by one. Henson, Gaines, Fisher, Calhoun. Watch out Alex Lewis! You're next.

Xiomera
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?

Brodeur
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?

Can Dizon be cut yet?

Xiomera
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Can Dizon be cut yet?

I hereby grant them permission.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him. Something insanely funny in the war room, I just can't remember exactly what it was.

Xiomera
05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him.

Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Ikaika, one last chance IMO.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.

Scotty D
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.

fml.

fmm

**** matt millen

Xiomera
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.

I think Keith Smith could be decent for us. He was improving before the injury last year.

We don't really need to be saving money. We still have money to spend.

Brodeur
05-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Wait, is Avien Cason still on the roster?

BRAVEHEART
05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I think Keith Smith could be decent for us. He was improving before the injury last year.
We don't really need to be saving money. We still have money to spend.

Yeah I liked him two years ago....:(

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM

LOL

I would really love to read that article again. Great stuff.

tblain1
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Saves 530 K.

He is the epitomy of wasted Millen 3rd round picks. Thank goodness Kevin Smith and Avril did something. I guess its impossible to miss on every 3rd round pick in 8 years. Now they have to take the next step.

Aaron Brown and Antone Smith did well in the rookie mini camp. Makes sense to get rid of Calhoun.

Man, I forgot he was a 3rd round pick... aye aye aye....

I like what I hear of Antoine Smith. He is officialy my "tryout guy to get excited for"

tblain1
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Stanton is in his 2nd year if you let the IR year slide, and really he is 3rd on the depth chart. Let him live out his contract and die.

I pretty much agree its to early to rule these guys (Dizon, Alexander, Ikaika) out especially since they were brewing in Marinelli's marinara of stanky defense last year. Let them compete and get pushed down the depth chart. They are still young and have something to prove maybe one or two will rise to be "something". But still its bad that we have so many damn 2nd round picks that could theoretically be gone from the NFL after 3 years.

Addict
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Well another bites the dust... give it another season and 90% of Millen's picks will be purged from the team.

Nobody expects the Schwartzish Inquisition, ay?