PDA

View Full Version : Orton Predictions

rascal
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Assuming Orton gets the starting job, what are your predictions for this year (stats)?

rascal
05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Personally I believe he will get about 3500 yards, 21 TDs, and 14 INTs.

Diehard
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
62% completion percentage, 3600 yards, 18 TD, 10 INT

This assumes a strong ground game that siphons off a lot of the red zone TD's.

the decider13
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
3400 yards 16 TDs 8 INTs

I think he is going to be pretty effiecient, but never have a real gaudy stat line. The running game should be pretty good, all Orton has to do is limit his mistakes and not lose games for the team.

Diehard
05-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Orton's thoughts:

It's going to be a lot of hours. It's just what it is. But it's exciting to be able to learn a new system. It's a system that I can kind of take back to my college days -- a spread system, a shotgun-oriented system. Throwing the ball for a high percentage and just getting the ball to the receivers. I can lean back on my four years at Purdue.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9058

the decider13
05-08-2009, 10:36 AM
It's interesting that that McDaniels is bringing the shotgun spread, yet he found in neccessary to trade up and grab a 2nd blocking tight end. Just seems like an odd fit.

I think we have good WRs for a spread offense though. McDaniels is setting up an environment that Orton can be successful in.

Diehard
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
It's interesting that that McDaniels is bringing the shotgun spread, yet he found in neccessary to trade up and grab a 2nd blocking tight end. Just seems like an odd fit.

Keep in mind the "wide open" version of the Erhardt-Perkins is just that, a version. Look at the Patriots a few years ago, they ran a much different balance of formations than the Air Brady attack of 2007.

I think we'll see a lot of the 2TE, single back set. In fact, I think it will be pretty much one of our base formations along with the 3WR spread look.

One last thing - Quinn caught the ball a lot better in workouts than people anticipated. He wasn't used in that role at NC, which isn't the same as not being able to do it. If he can bring a reliable set of hands to go with his blocking, the 2TE look with him and Graham will be tough to defend against.

the decider13
05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, there is definately a differnce between not being able to catch the ball and just not being used in the role. But there is also a difference between catching the ball in workouts and in games. I like the idea of Quinn, but I just don't have too high of expectations for him.

I guess McDaniels might be implementing the older patriots offense with Graham and Watson. I have high hopes for the offense in general.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I think he'll do pretty average. Not so bad that we call for his head in week 8 but not so good that we don't think QB with 32(Bears pick) next year.

ChiefLee
05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Does anybody think Simms could beat him out?

JFLO
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Does anybody think Simms could beat him out?

Tally one up for me, but I think it's a small to somewhat moderate chance....

Come season's end, I think Orton ends up with about (forbidding injuries and benchings) 3100 yards 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

I just think that the AFC West, defensively, is too weak for him to have a "bad" season, so he'll get at least 3000 yards.

ChiefLee
05-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Come season's end, I think Orton ends up with about (forbidding injuries and benchings) 3100 yards 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

I just think that the AFC West, defensively, is too weak for him to have a "bad" season, so he'll get at least 3000 yards.

Good comment and good prediction.

I've always thought that if Simms got into the right system with the right coach he could achieve some success. Tampa was not a good place to be a QB for Simms.