PDA

View Full Version : Darnell Dockett anyone?

Scotty D
05-05-2009, 05:24 AM
This guy is 27 and one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is displeased with his current contract and has demanded a trade.

This is the kind of guy that I'd love to trade for. He puts up a lot of production and is still young.

I just wouldn't give up that first rounder.

BRAVEHEART
05-05-2009, 05:34 AM
cum to de lions matey.

fenikz
05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
This guy is 27 and one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is displeased with his current contract and has demanded a trade.

This is the kind of guy that I'd love to trade for. He puts up a lot of production and is still young.

I just wouldn't give up that first rounder.

you wouldn't give up a 1st for Dockett? wth is this world coming to.

anyways he has about as much chance of being traded as peyton manning

Scotty D
05-05-2009, 05:53 AM

Well I wouldn't give up our pick which is prob top ten. Late teens and onward I'd probably give up.

Addict
05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Well I wouldn't give up our pick which is prob top ten. Late teens and onward I'd probably give up.

pretty much this. I'd be surprised to see Schwartz give up the pick he needs to select the elite OT.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
That top ten pick could be a stud younger DT than Dockett. 2nd Round yes, 1st round no. But as stated he won't be traded.

Prowler
05-05-2009, 10:51 AM
i wonder if they are dumb enough to take stanton or maybe an ernie sims since we have a ton of OLBs and this would be an acceptable way to offload him. i do like our options in the first round next year at both DT and OT, so i'd prefer to keep it and still get dockett, but it would probably take more than we can give. if they think we can win this year then i'd be all for it, especially since a grady jackson injury would kill us. dockett pretty much had 3 straight huge plays in the super bowl and was the only bright spot on the arizona defense in that game.

El Peefs?????
05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
We can't trade Carlos Dunlap!!!

Rob S
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM

this is what i mean when i am always harping that 1st rounder are WAY overvalued. I love the draft and all, but if I was a GM I would give up a 1st rounder for Dockett in a second. The guy is one of the top DT in the entire NFL......I would take that out of my first rounder for sure (plus I be would thanking God I didnt take a DT that busted like so many other top tens IF it even worked out.) Add in the ridiculous salaries you will be paying a top 10 rookie........no brainer for me.

OneToughGame
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Seahawks have two first rounders.. Do work TR. ;)

WMD
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
pretty much this. I'd be surprised to see Schwartz give up the pick he needs to select the elite Defensive player.
Fixed.

OT in Round 2!!

ironman4579
05-07-2009, 10:09 PM
First, I'd say there's no chance Dockett is traded unless Arizona was absolutely blown away with an offer, and even then it's debateable.

Second, while I think Dockett is a very good DT, and one of the best in the league, I'd say he's like most other UT's, in that he needs a giant NT next to him to be truly effective. Notice how he had his best season (9 sacks) in the season that Gabe Watson started all 16 games. Since Watson's been in Arizona, Dockett has had 15 sacks (5 per season), and 157 tackles (52 per seasons). Before he had that true big body NT beside him, he had 4 sacks (2 per season), and 70 tackles (35 per season).

I'm not saying we don't, or wouldn't have that guy, and I'm not saying Dockett isn't one of the top UT's in the league. I'm just saying that without that guy, I'm not sure he'd be as effective overall. I'm not sure he's a guy that can take over a game by himself without that guy beside him.

Calvin & Kevin
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
No trading of 2010 picks! Not for Dockett, not for anyone.

2010 is shaping up to be a great draft in front-seven players. Getting talented young players on rookie contracts is vital for any franchise, even more so for the Lions.

Schwartz and Mayhew have said that the #1 goal for them is to build through the draft. For this one year they've had to make a lot of FA and trade moves to fill in the veteran players that should have been here from the Millen years but aren't. But in future years it is to be hoped that they won't have to do that so much, and can sustain themselves with drafted players plus a few moves here and there.

Addict
05-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Fixed.

OT in Round 2!!

lol, yeah they could go defense, but if the OL doesn't look good this year, they're gonna want to protect the 80 million dollar man at QB.