PDA

View Full Version : Ravens to Work Out WR Kelley Washington

ccB
05-05-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/05/Reports_-_Ravens_Work_Out_Washington.aspx

I knew we would go after a low impact veteran WR the way we did with Terrance Copper last year. I absolutely loved Washington when he played at Tennessee, too bad he never lived up to the immense amount of potential he had. I guess it can't hurt to bring him aboard for depth purposes.

Ravens1991
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
does anyone think this guy will make the team?

ccB
05-05-2009, 12:19 PM
does anyone think this guy will make the team?

If Terrance Copper made the team last year than anything is possible.

Ravens1991
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
he made it because Dwill was put on IR. I think. I also pray Dwill wont be on IR again

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
He won't make the team, only reason they might bring him in is to keep the competive nature around. I doubt Harbaugh want's anyone coming in with the feeling that they have a "garunteed" job without working for it.

Don Vito
05-05-2009, 02:22 PM
He is an absolute stud on special teams. He made a couple huge hits covering punts for us last year and even blocked a punt, he doesn't offer too much as a receiver but he has talent and is a hell of a special teamer. I was pretty pissed when I found out he was leaving NE.

Ravens1991
05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
yea Harbuagh loves players that can play special teams

PalmerToCJ
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
He's worth a flyer. Honestly I was hoping the Bengals would take him. I was surprised he didn't work out better with the Patriots.

He does have the greatest TD celebration in the history of the world. He also points his leg downfield when he gets a first down. While most thought he was annoying, I thought he was brilliant. I look forward to seeing the 'squirrel' in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMuvjLcuvTI&feature=player_embedded

dcarey20
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMuvj...layer_embedded

Give that man a contract.

lordquas
05-06-2009, 08:16 PM
best TD dance

ever

Ravens1991
05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree best dance ever. We never had a guy w/ good TD celebrations. But his celebration would have been funnier if CIN was down by like 30 in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game

lordquas
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Wikipedia says we signed him yesterday??

ccB
05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Wikipedia says we signed him yesterday??

I haven't read anything about that, from what I read he, along with Hackett, Porter, and Perry are getting a try out during mini-camp, and mini-camp hasn't even started for us yet.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM
yeah, they are all practicing with the team, maybe if one of em sticks out they'll get signed, who knows. It's good to see them bring in alot of competition.

lordquas
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Our Receiver Line-up is as followed..
1WR- Derrick Mason
2WR- Mark Clayton
3WR- Demetrius Williams
4WR- Justin Harper/Marcus Smith
5WR- Marcus Maxwell/ Eron Riley

I think we should really consider signing Jerry Porter. Why?

DJ Hackett- He's a solid receiver when healthy but isn't consistent at all. Could fit in nicely on our offense as a #4 option, but I'd rather go with Porter..

Jerry Porter- I like Jerry Porter and wished he stayed healthy during his career. Has got snubbed throughout the league but I'd like him in Baltimore. He's 30, but can be a real nice 3rd option when hes got his gameface on. (2 year deal)

Kelley Washington- Great dancer, and good on special teams. Not young and offers basically nothing as a receiver. Don't want him. Should go on Dancing With the Stars though..

Tab Perry- Just tore his Achilles, hasn't really proved anything. Don't want him.

jkpigskin
05-14-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/05/Reports-_Washington_Signing.aspx

pending a physical, looks like washington will be a raven in 2009

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Hooray?...

Ravens1991
05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
I hope we keep Riley on the PS. I doubt we keep more then 6 WR. IDK about this pick up, I kind of wished we had a young guy as the #5 to gain experience

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I hope we keep Riley on the PS. I doubt we keep more then 6 WR. IDK about this pick up, I kind of wished we had a young guy as the #5 to gain experience

True, I totally agree, Riley was my favorite, but atleast Washington will be a stud on special teams for us and have an immediate impact. Damn, thinking of our special teams unit, its gonna be pretty damn nice-

Jason Phillips
Prescott Burgess and/or Dannel Ellerbe
Brenden Ayenbendejo
Kelley Washington
Jameel McClain
Antwan Barnes
Paul Kruger??
Lardarius Webb
Chris Carr
Tom Zbikowski
Haruki Nakamura
Sam Koch
maybe Yamon Figurs?? not a "harbaugh" type player, but we used a 3rd rounder on him, plus he's hella quick, so he might get a final chance.
and HOPEFULLY!!
Graham Gano!! Except, I hate the fact that he wears #7. That number will forever be scared in Ravens history. hopefully he'll change that, who knows :)

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Justin Harper!

Ravens1991
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Riley was a gunner for Special Teams at Duke. I really hope we at least keep him around on the PS