PDA

View Full Version : is surrency going to enter the supp draft?

superman
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
since ncaa denied him another year?

i think he's worth a late pick

TitanHope
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not familiar with him.

Any info? First name? School? Position?

I think there's a Sup. Draft thread already too.

superman
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not familiar with him.

Any info? First name? School? Position?

I think there's a Sup. Draft thread already too.

fsu wr, 6'5/6'6. he probably would have been their #1 guy this year.

OneToughGame
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Wasn't he a 5 star JUCO guy? I don't remember exactly.

D-Unit
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I absolutely LOVE Corey Surrency. C'mon Jerry Jones!!!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/59/593018.jpg

djp
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
He'll probably time pretty slow if he decides/is allowed to enter. I wouldn't doubt he signs with a team but I don't think a team is going to use a draft pick on him.

superman
05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
He'll probably time pretty slow if he decides/is allowed to enter. I wouldn't doubt he signs with a team but I don't think a team is going to use a draft pick on him.

i think he'd time fine if he entered now. well, 4.6ish. if patrick turner is worth a 4th rounder, this guy is worth a pick.

but taking a year off until next year's draft would hurt.

D-Unit
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I've seen his 40 listed between 4.45 and 4.55. I don't think it's his speed that will hold him back. At 6'5", 220 you're not going to be drafted as a speed burner.

Too bad. FSU could've really used him.

Side note: He's not being allowed to play because he played in a Semi-pro league before going enrolling at JC.

superman
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I've seen his 40 listed between 4.45 and 4.55. I don't think it's his speed that will hold him back. At 6'5", 220 you're not going to be drafted as a speed burner.

Too bad. FSU could've really used him.

Side note: He's not being allowed to play because he played in a Semi-pro league before going enrolling at JC.

and wasn't it flag football at that?

BNad
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
and wasn't it flag football at that?

Ouch. What a weak way to lose eligibility, haha

BeerBaron
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
If he can't enter the Supp draft, could he enroll at a community college or something and play there for a year just to keep his skills sharp?

tjsunstein
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
If he can't enter the Supp draft, could he enroll at a community college or something and play there for a year just to keep his skills sharp?

Im pretty sure once you're ruled ineligible by the NCAA, you can't. Might wanna check that, though.

Corey Surrency is a hell of an athlete. His blend of size and somewhat speed, but mostly size, will get him a couple looks but I doubt he makes it anywhere past a practice squad.

Surrency has caused controversy thanks to a little-known NCAA rule entitled Participation After 21st Birthday. The rule states that if an individual participates in an organized sport after his 21st birthday, but before enrolling in college, that participation "shall count as one year of varsity competition in that sport." Surrency, who is 24, had played two seasons with a semi-professional indoor football team Florida Kings after he left junior college.

lordquas
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
who else is entering the supp?

tolnaballa
05-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Why would he enter the supplemental draft? His eligibility is up, so that makes him done with college and an undrafted free agent just like everyone else that didn't get drafted. He applied to get another year and was denied so hes eligibility is done. Making him a free agent. Demetrice Morley is an example of someone that should be in the supplemental draft because he as eligibility left, but was kicked off the team after the draft.

bitonti
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
million dollar talent

ten cent head

this guy has no chance in the league

he can't even produce in the ACC.

the best thing he's ever done is wear #1 for FSU.

superman
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
million dollar talent

ten cent head

this guy has no chance in the league

he can't even produce in the ACC.

the best thing he's ever done is wear #1 for FSU.

i don't know of him doing anything dumb, maybe you're thinking preston parker?

edit: nvm he was in jail before http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2008/09/through-the-tun.html

BuddyCHRIST
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
he doesn't really have a ten cent head, he may have at one point but he's 24 years old now and has matured and dealt with alot.

As a football player he has a great attitude and is a dominating blocker, really goes for the ball, unfortunately he had a case of the dropsies last year and never got into rythm with the offense. He's worth inviting to the practice squad but I doubt anyone uses a pick on him, especially since Greg Carr didn't even get drafted.