PDA

View Full Version : Odds we have our top 2 signed by camp

Bengals78
05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
As usual, we wait to sign our guys, but I am hoping that we can get Rey and Andre signed and ready to go by camp. Its just huge to this year that we don't have a hold out type situation like we have in years past.

PalmerToCJ
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Slim and none... Seriously, I'm all but sure Smith will be one of the last 3 to sign a contract. We can't even get guys signed in the late teens, much less all the money involved at 6.

Bengals78
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Im really just hoping that he signs early to kinda help shed his pre-draft image. Signing for a little less to prove he isnt in it for the check.

themaninblack
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I think they'll actually pull this one off but the blame can't really be put on the organization completely. They definitely have enough money to sign these two guys to their proper deals. It's a two way street though.

SC Igniter
05-11-2009, 06:03 AM
We all know how important it will be to have our 1st 2 picks in camp for their development. It will be interesting to see if MB changes his Bengal colors on this one. The team needs this to happen so I remain hopeful they get it done.

No one negotiates tighter or tougher than the bengals front office.

crites09
07-23-2009, 11:16 PM
We have had a great offseason so far, so it would be a shame to make it end on a low note and not have them in there asap. The potential for our rookies to make an impact is huge. Smith could bring back the power running game. Rey could bring that swagger we need. Michael Johnson's pass rush is dreamy, and Coffman's pass catching ability from TE, just wow.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
What's Smith's deal? I can't believe he is holding out this long.

PalmerToCJ
08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, the Raiders signing DHB messed up the slotting but even then the Bengals FO is being cheap. I mean yes, the Raiders did mess up the slot but you just have to suck it up and get the player signed.

I don't blame Smith or his agent one bit.

themaninblack
08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Yea, I think if the Raiders had followed the norm he'd probably already be in camp and my prediction wouldn't look so bad.