PDA

View Full Version : Next X-Men Movie?

YAYareaRB
05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Any idea of the next X movie that's gonna come out? Do they continue from X-Men Last Stand? Which Character will they further the Origins series with?

Discuss!

Giantsfan1080
05-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Magento: X-Men Origin is scheduled for 2011 I believe.

Mr. Hero
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
magneto origins: 2011 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499519/)

Dr. Gonzo
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Bret Ratner ruins franchises. I highly doubt a new full on X Men movie is made for a while. I can see the franchise getting rebooted in 20 years time though. Maybe quicker depending on whether or not ****** remakes and sequels continue to make loads of money.

But ya, Magneto is next up and I can see a few stand alone X Men character movies being made. I also think there will be a Wolverine 2 made now that the movie made 90 mill opening weekend.

YAYareaRB
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I was hoping they would do something with Deadpool.

Hitman D
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Magnetos movie, supposedly a second X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class.

Caddy
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Magnetos movie, supposedly a second X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class.

First Class?

KCJ58
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Deadpool would be pretty sick with Ryan Reynolds

art vandelay
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I know Ryan Reynolds really wants to do a Deadpool movie. And I think they should.

Hitman D
05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
First Class?

As previously reported, Josh Schwartz had been hired to write a screenplay for X-Men: First Class (http://www.reelmovienews.com/2008/11/josh-schwartz-to-pen-script-for-x-men-first-class/).
The movie will focus on teenage characters attending the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. However, it's now been confirmed that the project is not a spin-off, but a full on X-Men prequel.
X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner said this week that it will center around “the first class of Xavier’s school, way back when.”
We can't wait. In related franchise news: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (http://www.reelmovienews.com/movies/x-men-origins-wolverine/) comes out next month.
http://www.reelmovienews.com/files/x-men-first-class-comic_362x555.jpg

CC.SD
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I admit I did not see the theatrical version of Wolverine (gasp) but seriously they took an enormous crap on Deadpool.

Hmmm let's have Deadpool without a mouth. and let's give him claws and teleportation and cyclops beams, why not?

Ryan Reynolds is great but seriously they should just leave it alone. I can only imagine the lameness they would inflict on Magneto.

Crickett
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I admit I did not see the theatrical version of Wolverine (gasp) but seriously they took an enormous crap on Deadpool.

Hmmm let's have Deadpool without a mouth. and let's give him claws and teleportation and cyclops beams, why not?

Ryan Reynolds is great but seriously they should just leave it alone. I can only imagine the lameness they would inflict on Magneto.

This is why I won't see this movie. Ever.

CC.SD
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
This is why I won't see this movie. Ever.

Seriously I wish I could burn it out of my memory.

A Perfect Score
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Reynolds is in talks for a solo Deadpool movie. As of right now, its pending based on how well Wolverine does in theatres. Read the spoiler for details on how its possible after Wolverine.

There is an extra scene after the threatrical version credits which shows decapitated Deadpool's body reaching for his head (in the comics, Deadpool reattached his severed head multiple times.) The head then looks at the audience and his newly opened mouth goes "shhhh" breaking the 4th wall in traditional Deadpool style.

I agree they completely butchered the character, and as an ex-comic *****, I was seriously upset. However, a full fledged Deadpool film with Reynolds in tow sounds good to me. Reynolds is Wade Wilson, no doubt about it.

I know Xmen First Class and the Magneto Origins films are both confirmed, and I just read an interview with the producer of all 4 Xmen films which stated a Gambit solo film with Klitsch in the starring role has been explored.

CC.SD
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Reynolds is in talks for a solo Deadpool movie. As of right now, its pending based on how well Wolverine does in theatres. Read the spoiler for details on how its possible after Wolverine.

There is an extra scene after the threatrical version credits which shows decapitated Deadpool's body reaching for his head (in the comics, Deadpool reattached his severed head multiple times.) The head then looks at the audience and his newly opened mouth goes "shhhh" breaking the 4th wall in traditional Deadpool style.

I agree they completely butchered the character, and as an ex-comic *****, I was seriously upset. However, a full fledged Deadpool film with Reynolds in tow sounds good to me. Reynolds is Wade Wilson, no doubt about it.

I know Xmen First Class and the Magneto Origins films are both confirmed, and I just read an interview with the producer of all 4 Xmen films which stated a Gambit solo film with Klitsch in the starring role has been explored.

No excuses for Deadpool butchery.

Why didn't they just have the final fight be straight up Deadpool v. Logan and Sabretooth. Screw this Weapon XI bs, that would have been infinitely more badass and compelling. I swear I need to be running a film studio.

BlindSite
05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
The Magneto one will be cool if it's set in Jew Holocaust OMG I'M GONNA SMASH SOME FREAKN NAZI's WITH MAGNETS PEW PEW PEW PEW

The_Dude
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Would he have an accent in that movie??? That drove me absolutely nuts in Wolverine.

CC.SD
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
The Magneto one will be cool if it's set in Jew Holocaust OMG I'M GONNA SMASH SOME FREAKN NAZI's WITH MAGNETS PEW PEW PEW PEW

oh hai guys im gonna bend this fence okay? moooom

YAYareaRB
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Solo Gambit film?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/182boner.jpg

Paul
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Solo Gambit film?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/182boner.jpg

I don't know about Gambit. But I want to see that guy's movie.

YAYareaRB
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
To me Gambit was played good in X-Men Origins, but something was missing from the character. Maybe Heath Ledger could have played a great Gambit. But for some reason I always pictured Gambit being played by Brad Pitt.

A Perfect Score
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
To me Gambit was played good in X-Men Origins, but something was missing from the character. Maybe Heath Ledger could have played a great Gambit. But for some reason I always pictured Gambit being played by Brad Pitt.

I personally thought he was terribly done in Wolverine. His inclusion in the plot made little sense. While he did have some involvement in that area in the comics (The Marauders storyline with Sabertooth) it was nothing like the movie. And while I guess we have to consider Fox's ever burning desire to butcher our favorite characters origins, I think both he and Deadpool, who is my all time favorite comic character, were terribly represented.

As for Deadpool, I guess Klitsch wasnt terrible...I always imagined Gambit as Nathon Fillion, at least an older Gambit. I also thought the rumour that Josh Holloway, from LOST, was a pretty good casting choice.

http://doctorwendigo.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/nathan-fillion_l.jpg
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hot-list-josh-holloway-2.jpg
http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/gambit.jpg

YAYareaRB
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I always thought of Gambit as a more Cajun Doc Holliday.

BeerBaron
05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I liked Wolverine though I think they tried to cram a little too much into it.....

Looking forward to the Magneto movie too. I was trying to think during the movie though as they introduced characters who else they could do a movie on. Magneto obviously.....but now any backstory for Cyclops is out (not that it would have been popular anyway, nobody likes Cyclops....) And then theres the backgrounds they gave during the main 3 movies so they're out....

So Magneto....Storm? Xavier even? Tell of his life up to the movies? Deadpool now? (I wish I would have stayed through the damn credits....I usually do just in case they do have something like that but I was in a rush this time around......)

CashmoneyDrew
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
I liked Wolverine though I think they tried to cram a little too much into it.....

Looking forward to the Magneto movie too. I was trying to think during the movie though as they introduced characters who else they could do a movie on. Magneto obviously.....but now any backstory for Cyclops is out (not that it would have been popular anyway, nobody likes Cyclops....) And then theres the backgrounds they gave during the main 3 movies so they're out....

So Magneto....Storm? Xavier even? Tell of his life up to the movies? Deadpool now? (I wish I would have stayed through the damn credits....I usually do just in case they do have something like that but I was in a rush this time around......)

They need to just pretty much keep it to Magneto and Xavier for the most part IMO. Oh, and I like Cyclops.

A Perfect Score
05-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Thought I would share...the Deadpool movie has been greenlit with Reynolds officially attached to star...links

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05/exclusive-deadpool-solo-movie-confirmed-ryan-reynolds-attached-to-wolverine-spin-off/

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308

BRAVEHEART
05-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Not digging that, deadpool...his own movie(now)? It's one of those things that fans would like, but should'nt be done.

I could name 20 x-men chracters that should have their own spin-off movie before deadpool.

Mystique
Xavier
Apocalypse
Rougue
Cyclops (as long as it includes Mr. Sinister)
Gambit
Cable
Bishop
Forge
Storm
Psylocke
Night Crawler
Omega Red
Beast
Juggernaut (make him the goddamn juggernaut *****)
sabertooth (BIRDIE!!!)
Jean Grey
Ice Man
Mister Sinister
Emma Frost

ChiefLee
05-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Jackson's already discussed some things about the next Wolverine movie with parts taking place in Japan.

I've heard bits about a Magneto movie, but there hasn't seem to have been much traction there.

Marvel has a pretty extensive list of other movies on the slate right now: Iron Man 2, Spider Man 4, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Ghost Rider 2, and my son told me he heard that they're talking about a Nick Fury movie and a Luke Cage movie.

BeerBaron
05-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Jackson's already discussed some things about the next Wolverine movie with parts taking place in Japan.

I've heard bits about a Magneto movie, but there hasn't seem to have been much traction there.

Marvel has a pretty extensive list of other movies on the slate right now: Iron Man 2, Spider Man 4, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Ghost Rider 2, and my son told me he heard that they're talking about a Nick Fury movie and a Luke Cage movie.

No reason to not keep them churning though even with that many on the slate seeing as how they always seem to bring in the big bucks.

A Perfect Score
05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Not digging that, deadpool...his own movie(now)? It's one of those things that fans would like, but should'nt be done.

I could name 20 x-men chracters that should have their own spin-off movie before deadpool.

Mystique
Xavier
Apocalypse
Rougue
Cyclops (as long as it includes Mr. Sinister)
Gambit
Cable
Bishop
Forge
Storm
Psylocke
Night Crawler
Omega Red
Beast
Juggernaut (make him the goddamn juggernaut *****)
sabertooth (BIRDIE!!!)
Jean Grey
Ice Man
Mister Sinister
Emma Frost

Of the ones you mentioned, only the bolded ones deserve to have their own spinoffs IMO...all the other characters have either been mangled or done, and Apoc wouldnt be an origin, it would need to be a full fledged Xmen movie about the Age of Apocalypse storyline IMO...Deadpool is one of the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, he had his own line of comics, and his own team up series (Cable/Deadpool)...He deserves his own movie more then any of the people you mentioned, especially with a casting as perfect as Reynolds, who, lets not forget, Deadpool writers mentioned IN THE COMICS! (Deadpool described himself as a mix of a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds in the comics)

Brent
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I feel like this Wolverine movie was just to hype up forthcoming features.

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM
With all the Japan talk.. Will this beast be unleashed?

http://dailypop.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/daken.jpg

Gay Ork Wang
05-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Of the ones you mentioned, only the bolded ones deserve to have their own spinoffs IMO...all the other characters have either been mangled or done, and Apoc wouldnt be an origin, it would need to be a full fledged Xmen movie about the Age of Apocalypse storyline IMO...Deadpool is one of the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, he had his own line of comics, and his own team up series (Cable/Deadpool)...He deserves his own movie more then any of the people you mentioned, especially with a casting as perfect as Reynolds, who, lets not forget, Deadpool writers mentioned IN THE COMICS! (Deadpool described himself as a mix of a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds in the comics)
i could see gambit over deadpool though, he is like one of the most popular too

A Perfect Score
05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I think that they do plan on including Daken somewhere, although I would assume the focus of this would be on Wolverine's samurai abilities and that whole era...

A Perfect Score
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
i could see gambit over deadpool though, he is like one of the most popular too

Lol well Fox agrees with me, since Deadpool has been greenlit ahead of Gambit and all those other ones! HA!

But a Gambit movie would make all kinds of money lol

Geo
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM

Cyclops was always my favorite X-Man ...

I wonder if they can still pick up the pieces from X-Men 3. There's still Colossus, Kitty, and Iceman. And probably Wolverine. Nightcrawler? I hope they ditch Storm/Berry though, found her incredibly annoying in X3 as the studio caved in to her demands.

BeerBaron
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Alright....so maybe there are a few Cyclops fans. I guess the comic book nuts I work with have gotten to me.

But, regardless, it's probably unlikely that they have a Cyclops origins movie unless they do it after the end of what we got to see in the Wolverine stuff.

Brent
05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I want my goddamn Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly fanhood rewarded with a movie.

We are few and far between but damnit we're strong!

CashmoneyDrew
05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Lol well Fox agrees with me....

Do you really wanna be on the agreeing side of Fox?

BRAVEHEART
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM

You sir, know NOTHING...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1529/1241407654324.jpg

that deserves it's own movie.

Crickett
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

They're also working on an Iron Fist movie. but it may be in development hell.

Crickett
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I want my goddamn Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly fanhood rewarded with a movie.

http://www.uomoragno.org/cronologia/images/images/scarlet%20spiderman%202.jpg

Brent
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Damn right, Crickett. Ben Reilly is my favorite comic character ever.

M.O.T.H.
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Didnt Wolverine wear a mask in the comics and cartoons? No plans to put Jackman in a costume? haha.

And Ghostrider 2? ugh. Why even bother? The first was so bad.

edit...why would Wolverine even need to wear a mask? lol.

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Didnt Wolverine wear a mask in the comics and cartoons? No plans to put Jackman in a costume? haha.

His eyes are white in the comic as well lol

I want a Gambit Solo and a Cyclops solo.

SuperKevin
05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
An Apocalypse movie would be so horrible because you'd have to make him almost entirely CGI for it to work. We already saw how much that can fail with the first Hulk

BRAVEHEART
05-06-2009, 08:42 PM

agreed, that movie was ****.