PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pac 10 QB and RB rankings

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I am going to be putting together a compilation thread of all the FBS and FCS conferences of quarterbacks and running backs. I have only taken 1 QB and 1 RB from each school as of now, but plan to add them after other give some input and advice. I would love some feedback and criticism. These rankings are to reflect there potential as an NFL prospect regardless of class.

Pac 10 QB Rankings
1. Matt Barkley, USC, Freshman, 6’3/220
2. Jake Locker, Washington, Junior, 6’3/222
3. Andrew Luck, Stanford, Sophomore, 6’4/227
4. Kevin Riley, California, Junior, 6’2/221
5. Kevin Prince, UCLA, R-Freshman, 6'2/226
6. Danny Sullivan, Arizona State, Senior, 6’4/242
7. Matt Scott, Arizona, Sophomore, 6’3/190
8. Jeremiah Masoli, Oregon, Junior, 5’11/214
9. Lyle Moevao, Oregon State, Senior, 5’11/220
10. Kevin Lopina, Washington State, Senior, 6’3/234

Pac 10 RB Rankings
1. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon, Senior, 6’2/240
2. Jahvid Best, California, Junior, 5’10/190
3. Stafon Johnson, USC, Senior, 5’11/215
4. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State, Sophomore, 5’7/193
5. Toby Gerhart, Stanford, Senior, 6’1/232
6. Dimitri Nance, Arizona State, Senior, 5’10/218
7. Nic Grigsby, Arizona, Junior, 5’10/190
8. Derrick Coleman, UCLA, Sophomore, 6’0/231
9. Dwight Tardy, Washington State, Senior, 5’10/208
10. Willie Griffin, Washington, Sophomore, 5’8/198

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Aundre Dean, RB, UCLA.

If he can earn the starting nod, I believe he cracks that top 10.

BRAVEHEART
05-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Corp should'nt be on the list this soon, and this is coming from a USC fan. He's talented but he hasn't earned anything.

ChiFan24
05-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Corp should'nt be on the list this soon, and this is coming from a USC fan. He's talented but he hasn't earned anything.

As a pro prospect, I'd take him over every QB on that list. Locker would be second.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Kevin Craft is a pure doo doo QB. Absolutely awful. 7 TDs and 20 INTs last year.

How the heck is he #5??

jballa838
05-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Locker should be #1. Riley is weak and Corp hasnt done ****

LizardState
05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Plaudits to DH-ROY for compiling a great list.

Yes Craft is a crapola QB but wasn't he like the 3rd string UCLA QB when he started in their opener last yr when they upset Tennessee? Yeah I know the Vols were overrated by several degrees of magnitude last season but Craft or whoever was running the Bruins offense tore up a top 10-ranked Div. 1 defense with Eric Berry at FS & came from behind to win.

Locker will get many negative comments from the draft pundits as overdrafted when he goes earlier than expected, but it's only b/c he's on a worthless Bottom 5 team in Div. 1, kind of like Elway on the '81 Stanford team. He's a good pro prospect whose college background will be forgotten overnight when he's kicking ass in the NFL.

Jacquizz Rodgers is lightning in a bottle, another Maurice Jones Drew "baby Bullet" type RB. Just ask the USC Trojans :p .

Toby Gerhart 10th of 10 RBs? Got to be higher, even though he looks & runs like a fullback. When he gets to the NFL he could be like Pro Bowler LeRon McClain, drafted to play fullback & morph into a RB to fool d-lines.

Best from Cal s/b #1, they call him Jahvid "The Beast" Best for a reason..... he's the best RB they've seen in Berkeley since Marshawn Lynch.

Babylon
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Locker should be #1. Riley is weak and Corp hasnt done ****

Thank You.

Brent
05-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Man, if Locker had the talent around him like Corp is going to, it'd be absolutely sick.

Menardo75
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Man, if Locker had the talent around him like Corp is going to, it'd be absolutely sick.

No kidding probably one of the better athletes in college football.

Cicero
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
+1 to the Locker for #1 QB.

Hurricanes25
05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Locker

Corp

everyone else

Babylon
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
+1 to the Locker for #1 QB.

Really no excuses for Jake going forward, he's got a QB coach in Nussmeier who's been around the block and the head coach Sarkision had a lot to do with the success of MarK Sanchez. Early reports on his spring were very good, he started to improve his accuracy as the camp went on and should be poised for a big year, relative to what he has to work with. I know i'm not telling you anything you didnt know but thought i'd throw it out there.

niel89
05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Toby Gerhart 10th of 10 RBs? Got to be higher, even though he looks & runs like a fullback. When he gets to the NFL he could be like Pro Bowler LeRon McClain, drafted to play fullback & morph into a RB to fool d-lines.

I agree I may be the only fan of Stanford football on this site but I think he is a pretty good back and is at least above #10. He is one of Stanfords only weapons and he still puts up pretty good numbers. He has proven himself to be a very good running option while some of the other guys on your list are unproven or have significantly lower stats. Gerhart had 8 100yd+ games while sharing carries last year. He has the power to break tackles but he also has the speed to break some pretty long runs. It hurts his exposure that Stanford isn't on tv that much (but its nice at the game because it is so much faster.) He had a lot of really nice games and its not like he is on a powerhouse team either. Next year he is looking to have another solid year and who knows he might get some looks for the NFL if he doesnt choose baseball.

Stanford is a team that while still bad, they are getting better. Harbaugh is recruiting solidly and is bringing in some nice classes. Its hard though because Stanford has pretty tough academic standards, so they can bring in some of the guys who are barely passing classes but are amazing players.

last years stats:
2008 210 carries 1136 yrds 5.4 avg 46 long 15 TDs

DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
8/28 Oregon State W 36-28 19 147 7.7 46 2
9/6 @Arizona State L 41-17 16 67 4.2 14 2
9/13 @TCU L 31-14 15 45 3.0 30 0
9/20 San Jose State W 23-10 22 148 6.7 31 1
9/27 @Washington W 35-28 2 14 7.0 11 0
10/4 @Notre Dame L 28-21 13 104 8.0 27 1
10/11 Arizona W 24-23 24 116 4.8 27 1
10/18 @UCLA L 23-20 27 138 5.1 20 2
11/1 Washington StateW 58-0 22 132 6.0 21 4
11/8 @Oregon L 35-28 8 21 2.6 8 0
11/15 USC L 45-23 23 101 4.4 40 1
11/22 @CaliforniaL 37-16 19 103 5.4 22 1

highlights (you may want to mute it):

nOCKIwYzkV0

YAYareaRB
05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Do you think Jake Locker has potential to play QB in the NFL? sorry about the 4 post my computer sucks ****

Cigaro
05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Toby Gerhart last? Are you out of your mind? Should be number four or five.

YAYareaRB
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah Toby Gerhart is the **** despite his injury history

Babylon
05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Do you think Jake Locker has potential to play QB in the NFL? sorry about the 4 post my computer sucks ****

Absolutely. Locker needs to get a lot more consistancy in his throws but he's 6-3 230 and runs about a mid 4.5 40 (my guess), add to that he's a kid that people gravitate to. Wont be coming out till 2011 so he has time but sky's the limit for this kid.

YAYareaRB
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Absolutely. Locker needs to get a lot more consistancy in his throws but he's 6-3 230 and runs about a mid 4.5 40 (my guess), add to that he's a kid that people gravitate to. Wont be coming out till 2011 so he has time but sky's the limit for this kid.

Yeah im not too convinced with his arm and all. It's definitely strong.

Brent
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Locker definitely has a future as an NFL QB. He just tends to run as his team isnt exactly... well.. all that talented. Especially compared to the rest of the conference.

GhostDeini
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
LMAO@ Corp # 1 already. This is exactly what I mean.

ElectricEye
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Corp isn't the best quarterback in the Pac 10. Probably has a chance to be by seasons end, but I would put him below Craft for right now. Luck is too high as well.

OneToughGame
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Locker should really be #1. Corp has yet to do anything.

YAYareaRB
05-10-2009, 09:05 AM
As far as NFL prospects go, I think Corp has the potential to be a better prospect than Locker barring, his season just being full of fail.

jballa838
05-10-2009, 09:25 AM
As far as NFL prospects go, I think Corp has the potential to be a better prospect than Locker barring, his season just being full of fail.
if we are going by potential, I'll put Matt Barkley #1. But he hasn't proved anything either.

YAYareaRB
05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
These rankings are to reflect there potential as an NFL prospect regardless of class.

via 1st post.

LizardState
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Stanford is a team that while still bad, they are getting better. Harbaugh is recruiting solidly and is bringing in some nice classes. Its hard though because Stanford has pretty tough academic standards, so they can bring in some of the guys who are barely passing classes but are amazing players.

Aside from the fact that the Stanford squad is also known by one of its many nicknames (the Fightin' Trees?? no.......) It's the Stanford Fightin' National Merit Scholars, b/c that's what you have to be to get in, there's one overwhelming aspect of their recruiting that handicaps them more than any other: They don't take Juco transfers. They have to play the other 9 Pac 10 teams who do take them, & it's a very real perturbation since Palo Alto is dead center in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation for skill position players, the California Juco System, where the whole country mines the talent nuggets. Except Stanford -- just thought I'd pass that on since I live here, it was front page news in the local papers here 2 yrs. ago.

Niel is right about Harbaugh upgrading the talent level on that team that got tired of finishing 2-9 or 1-10 & losing the opener to San Jose St. every yr. Luck was I think the #1-ranked QB in HS in the nation, Stanford can mkt. its reputation in recruiting the whole nation for players, well, the top 2% SAT score players anyway. Harbaugh was rewarded recently for their upset of USC 2 yrs ago (when they were a 40-something-point underdog) with a huge new contract, the Stanford Trustees are well aware of his NFL interest, he has a brother coaching there now & he could've had his pick of several NFL jobs last December/January before the huge salary raise happened. Harbaugh is easily the highest-paid HC in the nation now with the worst W-L rcd.

Stanford has its own unique advantages in recruiting too, it's a very wealthy private school that usually takes a 2nd place in athletic dept. budget to only the mega-huge program of the U. of Texas at Austin, & Stanford's reputation as the only university in the country that can rival Harvard with the claim of best in the nation is a magnet for talent who have the golden high SAT scores & who can keep up their grades in school -- as a Stanford athlete it's like playing at the service academies, you ride the pine if you don't make your grades, it's one of the few places in Div. 1 that can claim they field a team of true student-athletes.

YAYareaRB
05-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I can't wait for Stanford's Usama Young to burst!

jballa838
05-10-2009, 01:17 PM
via 1st post.
i know. who has more potential than Barkley? He already has a cannon, leadership, and accuracy. There is a reason why he was getting more reps than the others. he is a future 1st rounder, you can't say that about Corp. Locker is #2 because his potential is through the roof.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I have updated the rankings to try and reflect the opinion of the posters who have replies.

JLaw45
05-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I dunno what Lopina is doing on the list at all. Ther guy has decent size, but 0 TD's and 11INTs this year? Yeah the Cougars sucked but still...

YAYareaRB
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
i know. who has more potential than Barkley? He already has a cannon, leadership, and accuracy. There is a reason why he was getting more reps than the others. he is a future 1st rounder, you can't say that about Corp. Locker is #2 because his potential is through the roof.

Touche Mr. Toga.

1. Barkley's not gonna start this season and I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Carroll redshirted him this season to groom him into just OWNING next season. Yeah he has the potential with the cannon, leadership, and accuracy.. Corp is twice the athlete with an adequate enough arm along with 3 years in the system. Corp is gonna start and if Matt Sanchez can come out afte 1 year of starting and jump into the 1st round I don't see why Corp can't either. Of course, his arm isn't quite that of Sanchez', but he's no John David Booty either.

2. Jake Locker is an athletic QB. He's never showed the ability to take over games from the QB position. Granted he is quarterbacking one of the worst, if not THEE worst team in the country, he hasn't showed me anything as far as throwing that would warrant him having "through the roof" potential playing QB in the NFL. The Jake Locker argument is similar to that of the Tim Tebow or Pat White argument.

hockey619
05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Touche Mr. Toga.

1. Barkley's not gonna start this season and I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Carroll redshirted him this season to groom him into just OWNING next season. Yeah he has the potential with the cannon, leadership, and accuracy.. Corp is twice the athlete with an adequate enough arm along with 3 years in the system. Corp is gonna start and if Matt Sanchez can come out afte 1 year of starting and jump into the 1st round I don't see why Corp can't either. Of course, his arm isn't quite that of Sanchez', but he's no John David Booty either.

2. Jake Locker is an athletic QB. He's never showed the ability to take over games from the QB position. Granted he is quarterbacking one of the worst, if not THEE worst team in the country, he hasn't showed me anything as far as throwing that would warrant him having "through the roof" potential playing QB in the NFL. The Jake Locker argument is similar to that of the Tim Tebow or Pat White argument.

The appeal of Locker is that hes very mobile but still has a great arm. The potential is there with coaching he could become a great qb. Tebow doesnt have the same caliber arm and his running style isnt as translatable to the nfl as Locker. With two years of good coaching he could be the number one pick, he really has all the tools its just a matter of putting it all together.

YAYareaRB
05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
The appeal of Locker is that hes very mobile but still has a great arm. The potential is there with coaching he could become a great qb. Tebow doesnt have the same caliber arm and his running style isnt as translatable to the nfl as Locker. With two years of good coaching he could be the number one pick, he really has all the tools its just a matter of putting it all together.

I see. How would you compare the Locker/Pat White argument. Pat White's arm is nice but probably not on the same caliber as Locker, I would imagine.

How's the fact that out of all the schools that were giving him a scholly look, only UW wanted him to play QB.

jballa838
05-11-2009, 11:31 PM
because he is 6'2 235 and ran a 4.4. You want that athlete anywhere on the field. He pitches and hit 97 on the gun a couple times. His problem is his accuracy, but he has more than enough arm strength.

hockey619
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I see. How would you compare the Locker/Pat White argument. Pat White's arm is nice but probably not on the same caliber as Locker, I would imagine.

How's the fact that out of all the schools that were giving him a scholly look, only UW wanted him to play QB.

Hes 6' 3" 225 pounds roughly and runs almost as fast as White. The difference is that White was a little shiftier but Locker has a great arm from what ive seen as far as power is concerned.

His lower body mechanics are terrible though from what i saw, his footwork is all over the place and his timing and ability to read defenses is questionable at best right now. The footwork is killing his accuracy, but his athleticism combined with the arm gives him a rare prospect feel.

If he could get some coaching, he could become a poor mans Elway type of player. He can move very well and has a great arm from what ive seen of him. He'll get good coaching this year so it will be interesting to see the strides he makes in the next year or two.

MenOfTroy
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Matt Barkley isn't the starter for USC - are you ranking QBs overall, or just starters? Corp is the starter.

Don't count out Corp. He went through spring without throwing a single interception. He's extremely smart and has a great understanding of the offense and defense. Calm and confident. Extremely athletic and a huge running threat. Poised in the pocket. Very accurate with sufficient arm strength - I haven't heard anyone say he has weak arm.

hockey619
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Corp to me looks like he could be a similar player to Alex Smith, not meant in a bad way but they have similar skill sets. Mobile, accurate, smart, good enough arm.

San Diego Chicken
05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Nance is going to split time with Ryan Bass, who is more of a big play RB... don't be surprised if Bass becomes ASU's full time back by midseason. He was one of the highest rated backs in that 08 HS class.

Kevin Craft is UCLA's third string QB at this point. Kevin Prince was already named the starter. And Christian Ramirez is set to be their lead back.

Chris Polk is going to be Washington's starting RB. WSU also has James Montgomery, who transferred from Cal.

Also, from what I've been reading about Andrew Luck, he looks like he could be one of the top 3 QB's in the conference in 2009. He had 5 TD passes in their spring game. Luck's probably rated appropriately but watch out for him this season. He has pro potential down the road.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Moved Luck up to third. Removed Craft and inserted Prince for UCLA.

wicket
05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
barkley has no biz being on this list. He wont be the usc starter and just comes in on high school hype. Sure this kid has the tools but you cant put a guy on top based just on a few spring practices, thats rediculous(sp?)

Babylon
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM

w's the fact that out of all the schools that were giving him a scholly look, only UW wanted him to play QB.

Not true. The only school that was recruiting him to not play QB was USC and i think their interest in him was marginal at best.

Malaka
05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I think we can really see Aaron Corp's stock really soar of the course of this season and next season he might even be considered 1st/2nd round pick, he has good size, a pretty good arm, very good mobility, will be playing in a pro offense, and will be on USC, I really think if he does decent he will be considered a top QB prospect in 2011.

LizardState
05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Stanford update: RB Toby Gerhart is leaning toward playing MLB vs. the NFL. He's been their best ballcarrier since Touchdown Tommy Vardell.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_12374583?nclick_check=1

I didnt know he was their single season leading rusher, but he was in 08. He is looking like he's about 95% sure to be a high pick in the baseball draft.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Stanford update: RB Toby Gerhart is leaning toward playing MLB vs. the NFL. He's been their best ballcarrier since Touchdown Tommy Vardell.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_12374583?nclick_check=1

I didnt know he was their single season leading rusher, but he was in 08. He is looking like he's about 95% sure to be a high pick in the baseball draft.

IF he has a better shot to be drafted by an MLB team than by all means he should focus on baseball.

San Diego Chicken
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I think we can really see Aaron Corp's stock really soar of the course of this season and next season he might even be considered 1st/2nd round pick, he has good size, a pretty good arm, very good mobility, will be playing in a pro offense, and will be on USC, I really think if he does decent he will be considered a top QB prospect in 2011.

I think we will see Barkley take over the job sometime in mid season while Corp will be drafted somewhere in the later rounds, a la Matt Cassel. I really don't expect to see Corp as the long term USC starter.

BrabbitMcRabbit
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Pretty good list.

Blount and Best are great college players, but I think Johnson is the better NFL prospect. He has the size and versatility to be an every down back on Sundays. I also think Marc Tyler and Allen Bradford are interesting sleepers.

I follow Stanford football closely. The buzz coming out of Spring ball was that Luck could be the next great one.

For a deep sleeper, keep an eye on RB Milton Knox at UCLA. I don't know where he is on the depth chart, but he can play. He's a Ray Rice clone.

GhostDeini
05-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Marc Tyler ? Allen Bradford ? LOL, I swear man some people just like to throw out names like they know what they're talking about. Bradford is a bust. How is someone with 125 rushing yards on 42 carries in 3 years a sleeper ? I gotta give Pete Carroll some credit though. He oversigns kids at certain positions just so other Pac1 teams won't get em. Hey other Pac1 teams...Step ya recruiting games up !!!

BrabbitMcRabbit
05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Bradford was having a good spring last year before getting hurt. He reminds me a little bit of Travis Henry. Short, squatty back with decent quicks and speed. His career to date hasn't been much worse than Chauncey Washington's and Washington got drafted. USC has a glut of RB talent. It's inevitable that someone will get lost in the shuffle. Some of their backups like Tyler, Bradford, and Green (who transferred to Arkansas) could be starting for most D1 teams.

Tyler was a major recruit out of high school and has barely played at all due to depth/injuries. He showed some nice flashes last season. I don't think it's "LOL" worthy to suggest that he could be an NFL prospect 1-2 years down the road.

mellojello
07-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Jahvid Best is the best RB by FARRRRRRRR in the Pac 10. Watch some video of Steve Slaton and tell me that Jahvid Best is not a NFL prospect. Those guys are the same size right now. Plus, Slaton racked up all those yards at WV, which runs a spread offense vs. Best, who's operating in a pro-style offense. Best will be far more prepared when he gets to the NFL.

YAYareaRB
07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Jahvid Best is the best RB by FARRRRRRRR in the Pac 10. Watch some video of Steve Slaton and tell me that Jahvid Best is not a NFL prospect. Those guys are the same size right now. Plus, Slaton racked up all those yards at WV, which runs a spread offense vs. Best, who's operating in a pro-style offense. Best will be far more prepared when he gets to the NFL.

I wouldn't say by far since we have Jaquizz Rogers in the same conference.

Ozzy
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Well ok list, Pac-10 obviously has some crappy QB that is for sure. Not sure about your running back list however, many USC tailbacks should be on that list.

No way the likes of McKnight, Gable and to a lesser extent Tyler are not ahead of the bottom tear of that list, no way!

mellojello
07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't say by far since we have Jaquizz Rogers in the same conference.People wouldn't know Jaquizz if Oregon St. didn't beat SC. If you watch Jaquizz's runs in that game, SC's typically stellar D-line simply got whooped. YPC aren't even close and they're playing against the same competition.

mellojello
07-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't say by far since we have Jaquizz Rogers in the same conference.It's just funny how people rummage through SC's backups or are facinated with another RB's size, while dismissing the most obvious and best player. People were saying the exact same jibber-jabber about Desean Jackson.

YAYareaRB
07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
It's just funny how people rummage through SC's backups or are facinated with another RB's size, while dismissing the most obvious and best player. People were saying the exact same jibber-jabber about Desean Jackson.

I don't understand what you're implying.

07-23-2009, 11:43 PM

SC players are overrated??

It depends. Stafon Johnson, for example, is every bit the prospect that Best is. College production is meaningless - totally different situations.

YAYareaRB
07-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I was just disagreeing with the fact that he said Jahvid Best is by FARRRRRRR the best RB in the Pac-10. They got Quizz Rogers, Stafon Johnson, Toby Gehart, Nicholas Grigsby, LaGarrette Blount, McKnight. This a strong RB class for the Pac-10

mellojello
07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
I was just disagreeing with the fact that he said Jahvid Best is by FARRRRRRR the best RB in the Pac-10. They got Quizz Rogers, Stafon Johnson, Toby Gehart, Nicholas Grigsby, LaGarrette Blount, McKnight. This a strong RB class for the Pac-10No doubt, this is a deep class of RB's, but Jahvid Best, in my opinion, is the undisputed best RB. We'll soon have the whole season to debate the point, but my money is on Jahvid.

mellojello
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
In Quizz's case, I just don't think he is in the discussion w/o Oregon St. beating SC. That was just a bad game by SC and Quizz was fortunate that the o-line completely dominated a sleeping SC d-line.

TACKLE
07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
In Quizz's case, I just don't think he is in the discussion w/o Oregon St. beating SC. That was just a bad game by SC and Quizz was fortunate that the o-line completely dominated a sleeping SC d-line.

I don't know what you're getting at. You're talking like Quizz just had one lucky game against SC and that's the only reason people think he's a good RB. As a true freshman, he carried the Oregon State offense one game away from making the Rose Bowl. He ran for 1253 and 11 TD's and eclipsed 100 yards in 7 of the 11 games he played in. That's a pretty impressive season if you ask me, especially for a true freshman.

mellojello
08-01-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't know what you're getting at. You're talking like Quizz just had one lucky game against SC and that's the only reason people think he's a good RB. As a true freshman, he carried the Oregon State offense one game away from making the Rose Bowl. He ran for 1253 and 11 TD's and eclipsed 100 yards in 7 of the 11 games he played in. That's a pretty impressive season if you ask me, especially for a true freshman.It's a very impressive especially for his freshman year, but if we were talking about the best RB in the Pac 10, Jahvid's stats with Quizz's carries comes out to an absurd 2,109 yards and 22.7 TD's. Jahvid will not get that many carries in Tedford's 2RB system though. If I were a betting man, I would wager that Best, not Quizz, is the favorite to win the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year award this year.

mellojello
08-01-2009, 01:12 AM
SC players are overrated??

It depends. Stafon Johnson, for example, is every bit the prospect that Best is. College production is meaningless - totally different situations.College production is not meaningless, but I do get your point. However, there is about a 0.001% chance that Stafon Johnson gets drafted higher than Jahvid Best assuming both guys stay healthy.

YAYareaRB
08-01-2009, 02:14 AM
I dunno. Jahvid Best got a bulk load of his yards against a depleted and hopeless Washington team at the end of the season. I would know, I was there.

mellojello
08-01-2009, 08:12 PM
If you put Quizz in Cal's system, does anyone think he's going to get more yards, yards per carry, and td's than Best last year?

mellojello
09-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Mod: can we move Jahvid Best ahead of Blount? McKnight has to be somewhere on this list too.

CashmoneyDrew
09-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Mod: can we move Jahvid Best ahead of Blount? McKnight has to be somewhere on this list too.

Take it easy buddy, it's a guys personal rankings. Nothing official. He can fix it himself. lol

Sniper
09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Take it easy buddy, it's a guys personal rankings. Nothing official. He can fix it himself. lol

Rankings- They're serious business.

TitanHope
09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't say anything bad about a Cal player.

MelloJello will find you.

mellojello
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Take it easy buddy, it's a guys personal rankings. Nothing official. He can fix it himself. lolMaybe he disagrees with me, which is fine. I was just asking.

mellojello
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't say anything bad about a Cal player.

MelloJello will find you."Better a little which is well done than a great deal imperfectly." - Plato

I never should have chimed in about the Mays/Berry debate, there was just so much Mays/USC bashing that I couldn't take it anymore. It was fun though.

Otherwise, I try to only speak of what I know and follow, which I admit is mostly Cal, SC, and the Pac-10.

TitanHope
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
"Better a little which is well done than a great deal imperfectly." - Plato

I never should have chimed in about the Mays/Berry debate, there was just so much Mays/USC bashing that I couldn't take it anymore. It was fun though.

Otherwise, I try to only speak of what I know and follow, which I admit is mostly Cal, SC, and the Pac-10.

Lol, it's all good man. I can't fault ya for being passionate and trying to defend your conference. I'm guilty of the same thing. ;)

YAYareaRB
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah me too. I'll JORDY anyone saying anything but good things of BYU and the Mountain West Conference haha

jballa838
09-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Chris Polk is a future first rounder. He runs so tough and has great speed. and his stiffarm is out of this world.

soybean
09-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Chris Polk is a future first rounder. He runs so tough and has great speed. and his stiffarm is out of this world.

was very impressed with him yesterday, especially since it was against LSU, but i think he runs too upright. He's gonna get cracked.