PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma St.'s QB Zach Robinsons NFL Future

Thunder&Lightning
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Whats Oklahomas States QB Zach Robinsons NFL Future?

6"3
210 lbs.

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 05:54 PM
He's got a great future!

Thunder&Lightning
05-06-2009, 05:55 PM
1st rounder ya thing?

Hurricanes25
05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Right now I see him as a 2nd - 4th round prospect.

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Hmmm. I'm not sure. It would definitely depend on how he does this season and of course his post season workouts. He needs to do spectacular to get out of the shadow of his fellow Big 12 signal callers, McCoy and Bradford. I see some big things coming from Robinson this season. His size is not a problem if that's what you were getting at.

rockio42
05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I think he is a solid 2nd rounder by the end of the year...

Has anyone noticed that we haven't had a real solid QB availible in the second, it seems that the past couple years it had been one or two first rounders and then a bunch of 3rd and 4th round guys....

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I think he is a solid 2nd rounder by the end of the year...

Has anyone noticed that we haven't had a real solid QB availible in the second, it seems that the past couple years it had been one or two first rounders and then a bunch of 3rd and 4th round guys....

Well John Beck and Kevin Kolb beg to differ.

yourfavestoner
05-06-2009, 06:08 PM
So does Chad Henne. And Brian Brohm.

rockio42
05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Well John Beck and Kevin Kolb beg to differ.

So does Chad Henne. And Brian Brohm.

touche, I was talking more along the line of guys like Drew Brees who were starting by thier second or third year but looking at now both Henne and Kolb have that shot while Brohm is kinda burried on the depth chart and Beck has already been released by one team...my bad guys

YAYareaRB
05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
touche, I was talking more along the line of guys like Drew Brees who were starting by thier second or third year but looking at now both Henne and Kolb have that shot while Brohm is kinda burried on the depth chart and Beck has already been released by one team...my bad guys

Just playing around. All the rams fans SIGS ARE BAD ASSS!!!

On a more serious note I know what you mean. The QB position is so important, its just not one of those positions where you can find quality starters in most rounds. Sometimes teams luck out.

BigBanger
05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
He has none.

stephenson86
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
"A couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''

rockio42
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Just playing around. All the rams fans SIGS ARE BAD ASSS!!!

On a more serious note I know what you mean. The QB position is so important, its just not one of those positions where you can find quality starters in most rounds. Sometimes teams luck out.

After I saw Hawkeye's sig and when I asked him to make me one like his I mentioned how cool it would be if a majority of the Rams fans got sigs with some a player or two and then the "Built Ram Tough" and so far me and Hawkeye are representing...

Ya I'm just daying that last year the Rams got Donnie Avery in the second and he is starting, there just doesn't seem to have been an extremely solid guy who just hasn't been able to take that final step and has been taken in the top of the second...kind of redundant but I think you get what I mean

princefielder28
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Robinson sits as a fringe Day One selection at this point. He has some intriguing physical tools to work with, and like most QBs in their senior year, he's going to need to show improvement and leadership if he expects to catch a team's eye.

RealityCheck
05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I have him as a late 2nd rounder in my mock.

Race for the Heisman
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Fifth round at best. Huge project. Definition of a system quarterback in the worst way; made by the talent around him (Okung should be a first rounder, as should Dez Bryant (if both aren't top 10 or 15 selections), and Pettigrew was a first rounder this year).

On the flip side, his arm isn't awful and he's athletic. I just don't think he can play quarterback at the next level.

Brent
05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I think he'll be a project QB that some OC is going to fall in love with.

ElectricEye
05-06-2009, 09:46 PM
He's sort of like Stephen McGee, the advanced version that showed up in the post-season, not the one we saw under center at A&M. He's a project type guy. He has some good tools to work with, but I really don't like his mechanics and really screams system guy to me. Could end up going as high as the second to third round though, depending on how things in this years class shake out. Defiantly don't see first round as a possibility.

Texas Homer
05-06-2009, 10:03 PM
4th or 5th.