PDA

View Full Version : Darian Barnes

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
"The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size

hcbrad08
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.

Non_Sequitur
03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.

After getting TJ, no way were we going to draft Leonard anyway. Leonard is a HB (especially in our system).

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 03:49 PM
yeah i higly highly doubt leonard, but i would still like leron mcclain on day 2

El$anDollah
03-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Another solid signing but I agree I would still want Leron.

Naked Jehuty
03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ

jetsfan3
03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ

And . . . .

josh07039
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.

jetsfan3
03-20-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.

I wanted Leonard to, but I know you wanted him most. I'm sorry this had to happen. +rep because I feel bad.

frogstomp
03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
"The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size

Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

Ugh.

Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.

BroadwayJoe10
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

Ugh.

Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.

i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me

frogstomp
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me

Wah wah, I never insulted you. Read my post again, and stop whining.

As a fan of football, you should know that an individuals stats don't always represent everything, and in this case, it isn't even his stats you're looking at. Don't just blindly like signings because they're done by our team. If you haven't watched a fullback, it's hard to know if they're really that good.

BroadwayJoe10
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.

BroadwayJoe10
03-20-2007, 10:09 PM
haha i tell ya what it def made my night more interesting frogstomp, its a lot better when someone not only knows what theyre talking about but can have some fun as well

frogstomp
03-20-2007, 11:37 PM
hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.

Most scouting reports thought Ryan Leaf would be a great NFL player. Other people's input can be accepted, but should not be the sole grounds for an opinion of a player.

Bucs4242
03-21-2007, 01:16 AM
I just happened upon this thread, but I have some input. Darian Barnes started his career with the BUcs. He is a decent pickup by you guys.

In Gruden's offense, which was implemented in 2002 the same year Barnes arrived, Mike Alstott became a blocking fullback. Barnes was young and didnt play much, he was the 3rd string blocking FB behind Mike Alstott and another young talented FB named Jameel Cook. He was liked in Tampa, but not needed. He is a solid backup FB, and maybe a decent starter. He is a pretty good athlete and pretty solid blocker but nothing special. Dont get carried away. It is a FB signing 3 weeks into FA for a reason. But good pickup non the less

Non_Sequitur
03-21-2007, 03:59 AM
Leonard would NOT fit in our system! He's not a power blocker, and he'd cost too high a pick to work as our power accessory to TJ. Thomas Jones killed the chance for Leonard, not Barnes.

Besides, we need a run blocking RT more than a FB or power-HB....

BroadwayJoe10
03-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Most scouting reports thought Ryan Leaf would be a great NFL player. Other people's input can be accepted, but should not be the sole grounds for an opinion of a player.

oh i definately know that, but i feel that pertains more to college scouting...ryan leaf didn't play 6 years of NFL football, which darian barnes did..thus i think i can trust the scouting reports a little better, but i get what ur saying

Non_Sequitur
03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
oh i definately know that, but i feel that pertains more to college scouting...ryan leaf didn't play 6 years of NFL football, which darian barnes did..thus i think i can trust the scouting reports a little better, but i get what ur saying

And Ryan Leaf's problems in the NFL were never related to his physical skills. They were all up in his head.

Young Nasty Man
03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
i've seen him play...he is a hard nose player...He is built like a brick **** house...he is pretty good at what he does...definately a solid signing..