PDA

View Full Version : Pisa Cut

Trolfes
05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4152152

Makes the competition at the third LB spot much more interesting without him there.

HawkeyeFan
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
With Pisa being cut, the Linebackers are going to be WLB Witherspoon | MLB Lauranitis | SLB Draft.

Not a bad crew.

KCJ58
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I hate to see Pisa Tinoisamoa get cut he was one of my favorite linebackers, he wasn't always the best but i liked his effort on the field and the way he carried him self

NGSeiler
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
With Pisa being cut, the Linebackers are going to be WLB Witherspoon | MLB Lauranitis | SLB Draft.

Not a bad crew.

Indeed. This is essentially what I envisioned the starting unit being after they drafted Laurinaitis, so the Rams basically just cut a $4 million back-up. They tried Pisa at SAM linebacker at minicamp, but I've not been comfortable with him there since the last time he did it and dislocated his shoulder like eight times. Seems the coaches weren't feeling it either. Hopefully this allows one of the younger guys to make a mark, while Pisa goes to a team that's a better schematic fit and does well for them.

rockio42
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
damnit, he was one of my favorite Rams and he gets cut after maybe his best season as a pro...this doesn't make me happy at all, but I can understand it...

Bills2083
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Two things...

1.) Which OLB position did he play for you guys, and...

2.) How was he in coverage/run-support? The Bills could still use another good OLB. Keith Ellison should not be starting in the NFL.

Castle
05-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Two things...

1.) Which OLB position did he play for you guys, and...

2.) How was he in coverage/run-support? The Bills could still use another good OLB. Keith Ellison should not be starting in the NFL.

He can only play the weakside LB spot since hes very small at 220 pounds. I'd say hes about average in both coverage and run support. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well but hes also not horrible. A lot of the tackles he makes are 5-10+yds down the field though.

holt_bruce81
05-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I've been reading some message boards and the majority seem Disappointed and call it a "dumb" decision by the front office. I fail to see why it's a bad decision, Pisa doesn't fit Spags' defense, he's always injured and his injuries have led him to be a very inconsistent tackler.

yodabear
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, defntly not a bad move. He was a good, solid young man and obviously, myself included, liked him cuz he busted his ass every game. However, the drafting Beast Laranitus, (I have changed his name to Beast cuz I am not a big fan of the name James), allowed us to cut him because as h_b said he did not fit well in Spags' system.

Bills2083
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
He can only play the weakside LB spot since hes very small at 220 pounds. I'd say hes about average in both coverage and run support. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well but hes also not horrible. A lot of the tackles he makes are 5-10+yds down the field though.

http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/profile?id=TIN225467
That's weird. It says hes 240 lbs on here.?

The Bills are weird.
Kawika Mitchell plays WLB for us, and Keith Ellison plays SLB. But the WLB position for us is SLB for every other, and SLB for us is WLB for every other team.

nfrillman
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I've been reading some message boards and the majority seem Disappointed and call it a "dumb" decision by the front office. I fail to see why it's a bad decision, Pisa doesn't fit Spags' defense, he's always injured and his injuries have led him to be a very inconsistent tackler.

That's just because most fans develop irrational ideas about how good their favorite players are, and Pisa was a fan favorite. I liked him, he was a Ram, but he was average at best and that might be a little generous. I kind of thought this day was coming for a while, but the Rams have had so many other areas to worry about the past couple years.

nfrillman
05-09-2009, 04:45 PM

The Bills are weird.
Kawika Mitchell plays WLB for us, and Keith Ellison plays SLB. But the WLB position for us is SLB for every other, and SLB for us is WLB for every other team.

Those listed weights inaccurate quite often, they hardly ever change those. An article on stltoday.com is where the 220 figure comes from.

"Chief among those factors was size. Tinoisamoa was listed at 240 pounds but played at 220 last year. When the Rams announced that Will Witherspoon would move to the weak side and Chris Draft to the middle, the only spot remaining was on the strong side, which requires an even beefier guy who frequently mucks with tight ends. The addition of James Laurinaitis in the second round of the draft further complicated Tinoisamoa's situation."

NGSeiler
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM

The Bills are weird.

Listed weight =/= playing weight, at least in terms of Pisa. I really think he's limited to being a WILL 'backer in this league, and he'd probably benefit from being on a Cover 2 type defense. I think one of the reasons the Rams decided they'd part ways with him was they couldn't justify that price tag for a guy who really isn't as versatile as you'd like. He should be a solid starter in the league, as long as you put him on the weak side where he can run a bit more free and doesn't have to take on as many blocks.