PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith is crazy like a fox

DoWnThEfiElD
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Seriously playoffs?? We clearly are going to win the Super Bowl, whats with all that playoff talk?...

http://freep.com/article/20090508/SPORTS01/90508042/Smith++Lions+playoff-bound

Splat
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Prowler
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
hmm...rookies aren't even signed, coming off an 0-16 season, no real practices yet, haven't seen our new guys play together, but i have nothing to lose. sure i'll join the bandwagon. lions in the playoffs 2009.

Addict
05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
he's optimistic... there's no harm in that.

except for obviously the brain damage he's suffered.

Brodeur
05-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I thought Kitna was traded...

ESPforMe
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
He doesn't need to say this stuff to the media but I would certainly hope he thinks they're going to the playoffs.

BRAVEHEART
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Megatron must be even better now if he's going to carry them into the play-offs. Kevin isn't bad either, I expect him to do better than last year.....but play-offs, not really.

ironman4579
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't mind Kevin being optomistic. Maybe don't say it to the media, but if you don't think you have a chance to win the SB every year, why are you playing?

That said, this might be as good a place as any to say I'm a little worried abot Kevin this season. For some reason he really reminds me of Kevin Jones coming off his rookie year. Not in the way he runs or anything like that, just in the tendency to get knicked up a bit. I'm also a little concerned that the Lions may start to use more of a power run game instead of the ZBS scheme that Kevin was perfect for. Not that I wouldn't prefer more of a power run game actually. But will Kevin be able to do what he's capable of in something other than a ZBS?

Now I have no idea if the Lions are even changing their running philosophy at all, but if so, will he be as successful in a different scheme? I'm not sure, but I'm very interested to find out.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought Kevin was best fit for a power run game.

Addict
05-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Megatron must be even better now if he's going to carry them into the play-offs. Kevin isn't bad either, I expect him to do better than last year.....but play-offs, not really.

well it's absolutely impossible to do worse. Unless they add two extra games to the season, then we could go <gulp> 0-18!

Gay Ork Wang
05-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Maybe its his Disciple? like Peter to Jesus

ironman4579
05-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I thought Kevin was best fit for a power run game.

Meh, he came out of a ZBS, and I always thought it was a perfect fit for him. He has good patience, good vision, good burst to the cutback lane once he sees it. I don't think he has tremendous long speed to run away from anyone. To be honest, he always reminded me of a bigger Mike Hart.

Again, I'm not saying he can't do it. I think Mike Hart could be successful in a power run game behind a good line as well. I just think he is/was perfect for a ZBS, and if we change our running game, I'm interested to see how he adjusts.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't like it when players talk like this. Sure he should be optimistic but keep that optimism to yourself so early into the season. At least until we win a game.

Michigan
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Didn't Kevin Smith say something like this last year too, if I'm not mistaken?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes Kevin said he would have 20 tds last year.

Prowler
05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
you have to skew it by lions standards. 20 touchdowns really mean like 8 or something, so playoffs means winning a couple of games.

Addict
05-10-2009, 05:18 AM
you have to skew it by lions standards. 20 touchdowns really mean like 8 or something, so playoffs means winning a couple of games.

pretty much this. I'm still unsure about smith as a players, I guess he could be decent. At least he fills a hole I guess.

tblain1
05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
As long as he isn't calling other teams/players out I'm happy with k. Smith saying "This team is going to make the playoffs." Frankly thats the state of mind every player on this team should have. If they are "hoping" for a 6-10 season, then they shouldn't be on this team or in the NFL.

They need to believe it before it will happen.

Now if he says, "We are going to beat the Vikings in both games this year because the Williams' can't touch me." Then I have a problem. But if he is just building up this team's confidence and morale...go for it.