PDA

View Full Version : Rams cut Tinoisamoa

MetSox17
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Really Rams? Are you really in any position to be getting rid of your best LB?
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9552326/Rams-cut-LB-Tinoisamoa,-team%27s-leading-tackler

thetedginnshow
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Will Witherspoon is definitely their best LB.

MetSox17
05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Will Witherspoon is definitely their best LB.

That's not what i've heard from many Rams fans. Too many say he's overrated.

nepg
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Tino sucks, never got why people thought he was decent.

Chris Chamberlain is their best LB who has experience. This makes the Laurinitis pick look really good.

thetedginnshow
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
That's not what i've heard from many Rams fans. Too many say he's overrated.

Well, they play him out of position. That might be the problem.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate the look of linebackers who don't wear gloves. It just looks wrong, especially when you have chicken arms.

PossumBoy9
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM

Best LB? That's easily Will Witherspoon. I'm not sure Pisa is any better than Chris Draft.

FlyingElvis
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Damn. The new regime is clearing house.

In the Rams defense, their D did not really perform well enough to make anyone on the roster unworthy of the ax.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Spags knows what he's doing. It's going to take more than a year to fix that defense and he's going to do it with his own players.

freebirdsrams02
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought is was a good move. He has been hurt the last two years and was probably not going to be a starter this year anyways.

Rob S
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
gotta let spags do what he wants......you brought him in to fix that D, let the man do his work.

Matthew Jones
05-08-2009, 03:16 PM
They still have a pretty solid LB corps with Witherspoon, Laurinaitis, and I guess Chamberlain.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
So this should mean James Laurinaitis starts, good for him. He was so over-evalutated, heres his chance to prove alotta people wrong. I think he'll be a stud for them.

Menardo75
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Let Spags do what he wants.

cdf_2108
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
welcome to the patriots

tjsunstein
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I always thought Pisa was a solid contributer to that defense. Gotta let Spagnuoulo have the reins though. Pisa will find work elsewhere but probably as a back up.

Vox Populi
05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Tino played without gloves. 'nuff said.

Nalej
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
welcome to the patriots

I hope so. The pats need bodies. Anyone.

Matthew Jones
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I hope so. The pats need bodies. Anyone.

Agreed. Their need for a quality LB is kind of sad. I would prefer Jason Taylor though.

Matthew Jones
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Tino played without gloves. 'nuff said.

What does that have to do with anything? I can't remember that anyways. Looked it up on Google Images, pretty much every picture looks like he's wearing gloves during a game.

tjsunstein
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
What does that have to do with anything? I can't remember that anyways. Looked it up on Google Images, pretty much every picture looks like he's wearing gloves during a game.

Yeah. I don't get it, either.

YAYareaRB
05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I hate the look of linebackers who don't wear gloves. It just looks wrong, especially when you have chicken arms.

http://www.49ers.com/nm_files/Image/players/Lewis%20K/lewissubnug.jpg

http://ranger3.nwosu.edu/atHLETIC/football/Pics/lynnweb2.jpg

D-Unit
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Not a bad run for this UH Warrior alum. Not bad at all. Funny how he and Travis Laboy played together at Hawaii, both got big extensions recently and both got cut this offseason.

This seems like salary cap casualty more than anything. Pisa is one of the underrated LBs in the league. I can't believe he doesn't fit Spag's scheme but Kavika Pittman did in NY.

Castle
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Pisa was released because he didn't fit Spag's system. Witherspoon is being moved back to his natural position at weakside linebacker so it made Pisa expendable. Also his stats are somewhat misleading, even though he did have 100+ tackles, he doesn't make many impact plays and a lot of his tackles were after 10+yards. I'd said the best fit for Pisa would be a cover 2 scheme where small speedy linebackers are generally used. Barring any major pickups, it looks like the rams are going with Witherspoon, Laurinaitis, and Chris Draft as their starters.

fenikz
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ill take him in AZ, could be good depth at ILB

holt_bruce81
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Spoon isnt the one that's overrated, Pisa is. Pisa is consitantly injured and all the injuries have led him to be a very inconsistant tackler.

Brent
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I was about to say, before holt_bruce did, he's been on IR like two years in a row.

rockio42
05-09-2009, 04:14 PM
He was one of my favorite guys, and he wasn't hurt this past year, the fact of the matter is that Witherspoon is going to be a beast at WLB and Tinoisamoa didn't fit into Spags type of SLB and they didn't want to pay a backup 4 million...

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.49ers.com/nm_files/Image/players/Lewis%20K/lewissubnug.jpg

http://ranger3.nwosu.edu/atHLETIC/football/Pics/lynnweb2.jpg

Those are DBs, but I don't het the whole glove thing either... What does it matter?

yodabear
05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I can live with this move. No way in hell he was our best LB.

JLaw45
05-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Those are DBs, but I don't het the whole glove thing either... What does it matter?

It doesn't, they just look cooler. The taped fingers on the cowboys DB look good to, though.

thebow305
05-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Not a bad run for this UH Warrior alum. Not bad at all. Funny how he and Travis Laboy played together at Hawaii, both got big extensions recently and both got cut this offseason.

This seems like salary cap casualty more than anything. Pisa is one of the underrated LBs in the league. I can't believe he doesn't fit Spag's scheme but Kavika Pittman did in NY.

I think you mean Kawika Mitchell?

And this move surprised me as well. I thought he was one of their better defenders. I'm chalking it up to cap as well, because that defense cannot afford to be losing good players.

thebow305
05-11-2009, 12:54 AM

Well, Ronnie doesn't wear gloves half of the time and he seems to do just fine. I know that's offense, but I don't think it really matters to be honest.

http://www.miamidolphinsbahamas.com/images/brown_raiders.jpg

(Sorry, had to do it!) :)

HawkeyeFan
05-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Very good move for us! Pisa was admittedly overrated by myself and other Rams fans. When we didn't have Witherspoon, Pisa was our "guy". He was one the player that lead our team in tackles, that on paper appeared to be our heart and soul. And then we got Witherspoon, and we all thought that Pisa and Witherspoon is going to be a beast combination. Boy was I wrong, I was in that state of my fanmanship that I thought that stats meant everything. Boy was I wrong, after getting Witherspoon, Pisa has been IRed I believe two times, and the more I watch of Pisa, the more I get pissed. He makes tackles downfield, he misses tackles more often than not, he can't cover Tight Ends, and he said in an interview that he didn't play for the team, or his fellow players or fans, but that he plays for himself, his family, his friends and his native people. Which, pride or not, you've got to play for your team, not yourself.

He'll be a fine back-up, but his body is way to beat up, and he's to small to start right now. If he can get up to 230lbs or so, maybe. But for now, he's rumored to play at 215 - 220 lbs, which is way to small.

Pisa will be a solid back-up, but fans whom have seen greatness and good players on there team, won't approve of that label on Pisa. Solid, but not good.

ChiFan24
05-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Witherspoon and Pisa are both WILLs, and Witherspoon is clearly better. I think they tried running Pisa at SAM in mini-camps, must not have worked out.

Also, as far as no-gloved athletes go, Mark Grace > everyone else.

Rob S
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
He is visiting with the Bills tomorrow if anyone is interested. He is overrated, but I like it for the right price. He would be a nice upgrade to Ellison.

NGSeiler
05-13-2009, 11:51 PM

No, which is why they didn't (Witherspoon reference). With Witherspoon moving back to the weak side, and Pisa not having the versatility to compete elsewhere, this move was in the cards for a while. The Rams don't have to spend $4 million against the cap for a back-up linebacker, which is what Pisa would be on this team. He wasn't an ideal fit for Spags' scheme, so he's out. The move allows the Rams a bit more cap room, which they could use if someone strikes their fancy as rosters are cut down later in the year.