PDA

View Full Version : YES! Kiwaukee Thomas to interview! (Wait... who?)

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lions looking to build cornerback depth
The Lions still haven't made a move toward a starting type cornerback in free agency but, with free agent Jamar Fletcher beginning to interview with other teams, Detroit is looking for a possible replacement.

Kiwaukee Thomas (Buffalo) is expected to visit the Lions today and would likely fill a backup role if he's signed. Thomas was a backup to Nate Clements at right cornerback last season with the Bills.
So, they're noticing the holes in the CB position... but aren't chasing a true starting target.

Its gotta come to the draft then.

Xiomera
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Well you can never have too many good CB's, so this is a good move.

I think we will draft a CB at some point.

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Well you can never have too many good CB's, so this is a good move.

I think we will draft a CB at some point.I certinally hope we draft a CB... one that fits the mold of what Marinelli wants... and one that fits the defense.

I've never heard of this player, though... is he solid? Fast? Smart?

Xiomera
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I certinally hope we draft a CB... one that fits the mold of what Marinelli wants... and one that fits the defense.

I've never heard of this player, though... is he solid? Fast? Smart?

I've heard oh him. He is basically just a backup.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=2290

JPLUFF
03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Anything is better than Jon McGraw. That's why I'm feeling pretty positive about this.

detroit4life
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
im sure we'll still draft a CB early in the draft we should have a decent amount to pick from with our second round pick IMO if we wanted one there but this guy would provide depth and i assume he fits the defense as far as marinelli is concerned so im fine and hope we can get some decent depth thru FA

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Cool. Good deal and good reasoning.