PDA

View Full Version : Best NFC East Front Office?

ricowboy
05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I am a Cowboy fan. With that said I see it going like this:

1. Giants: Why? They won a Superbowl by beating the best coached team in football. Enough said. Congrats to Giants fans.

2. Eagles: Why? They have been in the mix for around ten years. I don't like their offseason moves at all. OLT Peters gave up 11.5 sacks last year. For the money spent on Peters you could have resigned Dawkins and Thomas. Then you could have trade for a proven young WR. Draft was good for a weak draft crop.

3. Cowboys: Why? Jerry Jones.......Can't seem to stop being a fool! Positive is there appears to be enough good front office people to point him in the right direction(if he listens).

4. Redskins: Why? Snyder and Cerrato.......Amazing but true....They make Jones look like a competent GM. They are second to only Al Davis for mismanagement. Positive is the Skins have a good young coach and several hold overs from Gibbs days.

Sniper
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
2. Eagles: Why? They have been in the mix for around ten years. I don't like their offseason moves at all. OLT Peters gave up 11.5 sacks last year. For the money spent on Peters you could have resigned Dawkins and Thomas. Then you could have trade for a proven young WR. Draft was good for a weak draft crop.

I'll bet that Peters slices that number in half with his new contract, new team and a better supporting cast around him. The amount of available funds wasn't the issue with the Eagles, who will likely be $15 million or so under the cap after the rookies sign. Tra Thomas, for all of his fanfare as a pass blocker, was/is absolutely horrendous in run blocking. The guy never got any push at all. Peters is a much better run-blocker than Thomas, and his pass blocking will assuredly be better.

Dawkins, well, that's a different story. While his coverage blows major wang now, he was a good SS (FS by designation, SS if you bothered to watch any Eagles game). The Eagles have never really had a use for safeties who are coverage liabilities with Jim Johnson's ultra-aggressive scheme. However, the Eagles were in great cap shape and money wasn't the issue with either Thomas or Dawkins. They just decided to go younger.

I'm really liking the Eagles' receiving corps more and more. Maclin, Jackson, Curtis, Avant and Baskett is a quintet I'd match up with almost anyone else's.

D-Unit
05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll bet that Peters slices that number in half with his new contract, new team and a better supporting cast around him. The amount of available funds wasn't the issue with the Eagles, who will likely be $15 million or so under the cap after the rookies sign. Tra Thomas, for all of his fanfare as a pass blocker, was/is absolutely horrendous in run blocking. The guy never got any push at all. Peters is a much better run-blocker than Thomas, and his pass blocking will assuredly be better.

Dawkins, well, that's a different story. While his coverage blows major wang now, he was a good SS (FS by designation, SS if you bothered to watch any Eagles game). The Eagles have never really had a use for safeties who are coverage liabilities with Jim Johnson's ultra-aggressive scheme. However, the Eagles were in great cap shape and money wasn't the issue with either Thomas or Dawkins. They just decided to go younger.

I'm really liking the Eagles' receiving corps more and more. Maclin, Jackson, Curtis, Avant and Baskett is a quintet I'd match up with almost anyone else's.
Slicing Peters sacks in half is still a very bad stat. Gotta laugh at you for hating on Dawkins now that he's no longer an Eagle. So classic. Maclin hasn't done jack crap. I'd like to see something spectacular from him before I call that receiving corps the best in the league. LOL.

Classic Sniper. LOL. Mike Hart still loves you.

D-Unit
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Can someone tell me how long your team's current FO staff has been in place?

Thumper
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
10 years. Andy Reid runs the place.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Slicing Peters sacks in half is still a very bad stat. Gotta laugh at you for hating on Dawkins now that he's no longer an Eagle. So classic. Maclin hasn't done jack crap. I'd like to see something spectacular from him before I call that receiving corps the best in the league. LOL.

I'll (and many other Eagles fans) tell you that Dawkins lost a ton of range last year. He was the FS on the roster, but was more of a Rover, and as a result, Quentin Demps was in on a lot of 3 Safety sets, and gained some much needed experience. You may not have seen it when he was still with us, but any Eagles fan knew he isn't nearly the same guy he was the season before. I love Dawk, and it tears me apart to say this stuff about him, but I can't see him in Denver for more than two years.

I'll agree about our WR corp for now, but you must agree D-Unit, that the pieces are there, it may take a few years, but I could see this WR corp being one of the tops in the league. And in terms of depth, i agree with Sniper, the #4 and #5 WRs on this team could be #2 or #3 on a lot of teams.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Gotta laugh at you for hating on Dawkins now that he's no longer an Eagle.

Please tell me more about how Quintin Mikell sucks. I'm waiting. I'm not hating on anything. Ask any ******* Eagles fan who played closer to the LOS. It was painfully obvious in the first Cowboys game that Dawkins could no longer cover. But yeah, tell me more about my team. I'm sure you know more. :rolleyes:

Maclin hasn't done jack crap.

A. Nice double negative.
B. That didn't stop your Cowboys buddies from blowing the likes of Miles Austin and Sam Hurd, did it? Maclin has 10x the talent that either of those two clowns have.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry D-Unit, I respect your opinions a lot, but saying Quentin Mikell sucks makes absolutely no sense at all, and you couldn't have been watching the guy play if you think we was closer to the line of scrimmage than Dawkins. Dakwins played closer to a LB role than a FS role if anything, and Mikell was everywhere on the field, and was easily our best defender. He has the coverage abilities to play either Safety spot, and saying he can't cover is just not correct. He is part of the reason that Samuel can take chances out there on WRs, because Mikell will be there to break up a pass, or lay a heavy hit and separate the receiver from the ball.

cunningham06
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM

While the sack stat on Peters doesn't look pretty a point that needs to be recognized is the Bills almost never gave him tight end or running back help. The rest of their line wasn't nearly as good as he was, so they received aid from tight ends and RB's in pass blocking while Peters was on his own for the most part. Honestly, every tackle gets bested a few times a game, but it's often the tight end or RB who prevents that play from resulting in a sack.

Since the Eagles O-Line is much better than the Bills, he'll get some more help and I'd be surprised if he gave up as many as half the sacks he did last season. At first I didn't like the move, but he's starting to grow on me.

That being said I'd pick the Giants. Jerry Reese has done a fantastic job in his time with Giants. He turned them from a team that perennially disappointed with a qb under intense scrutiny into a Superbowl Champion. Also all the controversy surrounding Tom Coughlin has really died down since he took over. Getting rid of Shockey was a good personnel decision, he's just not a team first guy.

After the Giants I'd say the Eagles. Their sustained success is indicative of good drafting and good management.

Then I'd say Cowboys and then the Redskins since they overpay on FA's and avoid the draft like the plague.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I agree on the order of Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins. The Giants efforts have paid off in a Championship, and none of these other regimes have done that recently...

D-Unit
05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
What are some good criteria to use?

How much does past accomplishment weigh? I think the answers are different depending on time frame.

How much does future outlook weigh? What is that based off? The last draft/offseason? The last 2, 3, 4, 5, more?

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
What are some good criteria to use?

How much does past accomplishment weigh? I think the answers are different depending on time frame.

How much does future outlook weigh? What is that based off? The last draft/offseason? The last 2, 3, 4, 5, more?

Not sure, but if you use the current groups that are in with each team, or thereabout. I'd say the time frame is over the last few years, not just this off-season, but more like 5-10 years.

Mr. Hero
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
While the sack stat on Peters doesn't look pretty a point that needs to be recognized is the Bills almost never gave him tight end or running back help. The rest of their line wasn't nearly as good as he was, so they received aid from tight ends and RB's in pass blocking while Peters was on his own for the most part. Honestly, every tackle gets bested a few times a game, but it's often the tight end or RB who prevents that play from resulting in a sack.

Since the Eagles O-Line is much better than the Bills, he'll get some more help and I'd be surprised if he gave up as many as half the sacks he did last season. At first I didn't like the move, but he's starting to grow on me.

That being said I'd pick the Giants. Jerry Reese has done a fantastic job in his time with Giants. He turned them from a team that perennially disappointed with a qb under intense scrutiny into a Superbowl Champion. Also all the controversy surrounding Tom Coughlin has really died down since he took over. Getting rid of Shockey was a good personnel decision, he's just not a team first guy.

After the Giants I'd say the Eagles. Their sustained success is indicative of good drafting and good management.

Then I'd say Cowboys and then the Redskins since they overpay on FA's and avoid the draft like the plague.

Sorry but I have to call ********, Peters wasn't as good as Walker last year and while Dockery and Fowler where garbage inside Peters was equally garbage at LT. I loved the guy before this season but he just layed a major egg last year. He wasn't special in the run game and his technique just went to **** as he gave up leverage, position and left open lanes for pass rushers to the QB. I think he definitely has the ability to rebound but if he thinks that now that he's got paid he's an elite LT and stays lazy he might challenge Winston Justice's ageless performance against Osi on a semi-regular basis.

cunningham06
05-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Sorry but I have to call ********, Peters wasn't as good as Walker last year and while Dockery and Fowler where garbage inside Peters was equally garbage at LT. I loved the guy before this season but he just layed a major egg last year. He wasn't special in the run game and his technique just went to **** as he gave up leverage, position and left open lanes for pass rushers to the QB. I think he definitely has the ability to rebound but if he thinks that now that he's got paid he's an elite LT and stays lazy he might challenge Winston Justice's ageless performance against Osi on a semi-regular basis.

I agree he had a subpar year, but with his ability and some sort of motivation I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a much better year this year. His former offensive line coach in Buffalo Jim McNally who knows Peters very well was quoted in this article and says that as far as players he has coached, Peters is second only to Anthony Munoz in terms of ability. Now I'm not saying all that, but a lot of people who have done their homework on him and watched him very closely see a lot of good in him, even in last season. So while he did have a disappointing season last year, to say he was worse than Langston Walker is an overstatement.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/20/draft/4.html

Mr. Hero
05-13-2009, 02:40 AM
I agree he had a subpar year, but with his ability and some sort of motivation I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a much better year this year. His former offensive line coach in Buffalo Jim McNally who knows Peters very well was quoted in this article and says that as far as players he has coached, Peters is second only to Anthony Munoz in terms of ability. Now I'm not saying all that, but a lot of people who have done their homework on him and watched him very closely see a lot of good in him, even in last season. So while he did have a disappointing season last year, to say he was worse than Langston Walker is an overstatement.

Again I'm not bagging on Peters, he has a lot of talent and I love that he made himself into the guy he is out of a UDFA. But I live in buffalo, I watched every bills game and Langston Walker was ten times the tackle Peters was last season. That's not saying Peters is generally worse than Walker, but last season the team was much better off with Walker at LT than with Peters in there. They had much more success running behind Walker and Walker didn't whiff on pass rushers as regularly as Peters did. Now maybe that was all because of the hold out or because Peters was mad at the bills and was throwing hissy fit by trying to sabotage the team or maybe it was because he got sloppy and lazy last year thinking he was an elite LT and so he didn't have to keep working as hard. Whatever the reason Jason Peters played like a flaming pile of poo last year for the bills and if Trent Edwards never gets back to the QB he was before his concussion I'll blame Peters for being a greedy ***** a year into his four year extension.

He certainly has the ability to bounce back and actually merit a probowl nomination but that won't change the fact that in the 2008-2009 season Langston Walker was a better OT than Jason Peters by a mile.

BaLLiN
05-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I feel like that he played well because he had a chip on his shoulder as a former URFA, and when he got recognition like you said hero that he slacked off. I do feel though he'll do better because there is more talent around him.

As for the chipping the DE with a RB or TE you guys didnt do that when justice got his **** wrecked, and even if you do it now celek and ingram are not very good blockers. McCoy and Westbrook probably can block a little but against a pro bowl DE they probably wont get the block most of the time considering they'll have to cut him. Weaver is the only guy i see as having the ability to make a chip and even then you lose a threat.

Sniper
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
As for the chipping the DE with a RB or TE you guys didnt do that when justice got his **** wrecked, and even if you do it now celek and ingram are not very good blockers. McCoy and Westbrook probably can block a little but against a pro bowl DE they probably wont get the block most of the time considering they'll have to cut him. Weaver is the only guy i see as having the ability to make a chip and even then you lose a threat.

Seemed to work just fine against Justin Tuck last year. Runyan handed him his ass on a silver plate without too much help. Westbrook is one of the league's best at chipping the DE.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I feel like that he played well because he had a chip on his shoulder as a former URFA, and when he got recognition like you said hero that he slacked off. I do feel though he'll do better because there is more talent around him.

I agree that Celek and ingram wouldn't be much help as blockers, but any help for either Tackle would obvioulsy make the job easier on the Tackle. Now I'm not saying either of them could handle a DE one on one on a consistent basis, but if they chip, slide, or anything to help the Tackle, it is worth it, and will give the Tackle an advantage, albeit a slight one.

McCoy needs to work on blocking, but Westy is a complete RB, and he is very good as a blocker, he is one of the better blocking RBs in the league. Granted he has to go about it a different way due to his size, he can't just lock onto most defenders and stone them like Weaver can, but his cut blocks are just as effective. McCoy will need some work in terms of blocking, though he is better than given credit for, he is certainly below average as a pass protector. He is the only one of our RBs that worries me when it comes to blocking.

I don't think you understand what "chip" means. Chip blocking isn't only designed as a backup if the Tackle can't get the job done. There are routes to the flats and shallow that require the RB (or FB) to chip so the timing is right. You don't lose a weapon when you have a chip block, its just another assignment for the player to have before they go out for their route. I understand those plyaers that chip will occasionally get stuck up while chip blocking, but it isn't how it usually pans out on the field.

Sniper
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't think you understand what "chip" means. Chip blocking isn't only designed as a backup if the Tackle can't get the job done. There are routes to the flats and shallow that require the RB (or FB) to chip so the timing is right. You don't lose a weapon when you have a chip block, its just another assignment for the player to have before they go out for their route. I understand those plyaers that chip will occasionally get stuck up while chip blocking, but it isn't how it usually pans out on the field.

Westbrook is great at this. He'll chill out in pass pro, smack the piss out of some DE and then wiggle out into the flats. It usually sucks in the LB that's covering him down to the LOS and gives Westbrook room to operate.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Westbrook is great at this. He'll chill out in pass pro, smack the piss out of some DE and then wiggle out into the flats. It usually sucks in the LB that's covering him down to the LOS and gives Westbrook room to operate.

One of the reasons I love Westy so much is he excels in every aspect of the game, as a runner, receiver, and blocker. He is the one of the most balanced RBs in the NFL along with LT (still) and Stephen Jackson.

ricowboy
05-13-2009, 09:59 PM
One of the reasons I love Westy so much is he excels in every aspect of the game, as a runner, receiver, and blocker. He is the one of the most balanced RBs in the NFL along with LT (still) and Stephen Jackson.

LT is past his prime.....Insert Marion Barber and Maurice Jones-Drew.....

ricowboy
05-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Peters was terrible last year! It is not an overstatement....He flat out sucked....We all have seen players bounce back from poor years but, I just have a bad feeling about the move. You don't let a front line LT move for as little as they got him for.

bdlyons26
05-14-2009, 02:04 AM
1. Giants
2. Eagles but these two are close
3. Boys
4. Skins

Sniper
05-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Peters was terrible last year! It is not an overstatement....He flat out sucked....We all have seen players bounce back from poor years but, I just have a bad feeling about the move. You don't let a front line LT move for as little as they got him for.

Well, as we all know, the Bills are just the KINGS of great moves, right? :rolleyes:

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 12:07 PM

He may be past his prime, but he is still a more balanced threat than either of those two. Barber is a good receiver out of the backfield, but still isn't the receiver and not as balanced as LT, who is just as much of a threat receiveing as he is running. Its not a knock o Barber, I love watching him play, but he simply isn't as balanced as LT. MJD is another story, the argument can be made, as he has the most all-purpose yards for a RB since he came into the leage, so I can't argue with that. I really like both these RBs though.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM

I'd call a first and 4th rounder a pretty high price, even for front line LT.

Now I'm not one to say the Pro-Bowl is the measure of success, but I think I heard somewhere that from players league-wide, he was voted in off of them as well as fan vote. I've seen a lot of him, and he is not only a monstrous run blocker, but is incredibly athletic and talented as a pass blocker as well. The only thing questionable about him is his will to be elite.

Eaglez.Fan
05-14-2009, 08:24 PM

How the hell is Marion Barber even in the conversation for one of the best RBs in the league? He's never had over 1000 yards, he has an above average, yards per carry of 4.3 on his career. His pass catching skills are average, and he only got 7 TDs last year. All I see there are average numbers. Even LT who is "past his prime" had a better year than Barber did last year, with a higher ypc, more yards and more TDs.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 09:13 PM
How the hell is Marion Barber even in the conversation for one of the best RBs in the league? He's never had over 1000 yards, he has an above average, yards per carry of 4.3 on his career. His pass catching skills are average, and he only got 7 TDs last year. All I see there are average numbers. Even LT who is "past his prime" had a better year than Barber did last year, with a higher ypc, more yards and more TDs.

It isn't "best" RB being debated, its most balamced. I agree with you on this, but we weren't talking about best, it was more balanced, which as you mention about Barber's abilities in the post compared to LT, he isn't nearly as good or balanced as LT. I like the Barbarian a lot too, he is a great RB, but he is no LT, I completely disagree with rico on that.

703SKINS202
05-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Alright back on topic.

Skins Management>>Ozzie Newsome+Parcells+Bill Walsh

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Alright back on topic.

Skins Management>>Ozzie Newsome+Parcells+Bill Walsh

Lets not forget Bellicheck (lets face it he basically runs that show). :D

I certainly am jealous...NOT!!l!111!!one1l! lol

ricowboy
05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
He may be past his prime, but he is still a more balanced threat than either of those two. Barber is a good receiver out of the backfield, but still isn't the receiver and not as balanced as LT, who is just as much of a threat receiveing as he is running. Its not a knock o Barber, I love watching him play, but he simply isn't as balanced as LT. MJD is another story, the argument can be made, as he has the most all-purpose yards for a RB since he came into the leage, so I can't argue with that. I really like both these RBs though.

LT clearly has lost alot the last two seasons. I agree LT is still a threat but he is not the player espn thinks he is. If the Chargers spelled him more he would still be the guy. I have listened to all the analysts, fans and sportcasters tell us LT will rebound. LT's production has dropped significantly the last 2-3 years. It is clearly the injuries and the wear and tear of the NFL have started to take its toll on his body. I cannot argue with past performance. LT is a hall of famer! Both Barber and Jones Drew are better options at this point in time. That is all I am saying.

ricowboy
05-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Barber was injured last season. Just like Westbrook has been injured in the past. Both are better options right now than LT.

ricowboy
05-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, as we all know, the Bills are just the KINGS of great moves, right? :rolleyes:

I see the Bills twice a year play NE. I also see many AFC East games. Peters was horrible. Even Bills fans would agree. He may revert back to 07 and 06 form. Bills got rid of him for a reason that is all I am saying. Just like Philly got rid of Sheppard. I fear Tra Thomas more than Peters. Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
LT clearly has lost alot the last two seasons. I agree LT is still a threat but he is not the player espn thinks he is. If the Chargers spelled him more he would still be the guy. I have listened to all the analysts, fans and sportcasters tell us LT will rebound. LT's production has dropped significantly the last 2-3 years. It is clearly the injuries and the wear and tear of the NFL have started to take its toll on his body. I cannot argue with past performance. LT is a hall of famer! Both Barber and Jones Drew are better options at this point in time. That is all I am saying.

I personally don't give a crap what ESPN says, honestly. My opinions of Lt are based solely off of what I've seen from him and what I belive he is capable of doing. I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of having MJG or Barber over him, though for me, MJG is really, really close. I agree he is a hall of famer as well.

eaglesalltheway
05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I see the Bills twice a year play NE. I also see many AFC East games. Peters was horrible. Even Bills fans would agree. He may revert back to 07 and 06 form. Bills got rid of him for a reason that is all I am saying. Just like Philly got rid of Sheppard. I fear Tra Thomas more than Peters. Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.

Neither the Eagles or the Bills got rid of their players because they were playing poorly, it was because of contract situations. His stats as a pass blocker last year were better, but as a former O-linemen myself, I can tell you stats are meaningless when evaluating OL, and O-linemen don't care about stats at all. They care about physically dominating the player they are responsible for. Once again, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but after two games this year maybe you'll have to change your mind;).

Sniper
05-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.

His pass-blocking stats were better than Peters'. His run-blocking stats would be atrocious. He's not a good fit in Jacksonville's scheme.

ricowboy
05-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Neither the Eagles or the Bills got rid of their players because they were playing poorly, it was because of contract situations. His stats as a pass blocker last year were better, but as a former O-linemen myself, I can tell you stats are meaningless when evaluating OL, and O-linemen don't care about stats at all. They care about physically dominating the player they are responsible for. Once again, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but after two games this year maybe you'll have to change your mind;).

Peters gave up the most sacks out of any Left Tackle in football! I am a former o-lineman myself. 11.5 sacks are plenty to be worried about. I agree he has a chance to turn it around. we should talk helf way through the year.

ricowboy
05-17-2009, 12:01 AM
I personally don't give a crap what ESPN says, honestly. My opinions of Lt are based solely off of what I've seen from him and what I belive he is capable of doing. I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of having MJG or Barber over him, though for me, MJG is really, really close. I agree he is a hall of famer as well.

Don't hang on to LT.....Many Cowboy fans hung on to Emmitt. Similar situation.....Let go! He is not the player he once was. He cannot take over a game like he used too. Just like Peters we should chat after 8 games!

ricowboy
05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Sniper and Eaglesalltheway it has been a great discussion. Thanks for the debate. We should chat soon about a different topic. Look forward to talking with you in the future!

Mr. Hero
05-17-2009, 12:46 AM
There's a very good chance Peters is an elite LT next season for the iggles, but all you eagles fans trying to say he wasn't horrendous in his 13 games last season are just wrong on this one. That's a horrible argument I know, but Peters was just atrocious, I really don't know how I could better prove this point, he gave up position, didn't use his hands well, made dumb mistakes and wasn't even that good in the running game. I loved him last offseason because he was an UDFA who played like one of the league's best LT and had an awesome car, but he just really turned me off with his play. He probably just wasn't going 100% b/c he was pissed at the bills for not re-negotiating his contract even though he had two years left, but his game film is just embarassing.

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Don't hang on to LT.....Many Cowboy fans hung on to Emmitt. Similar situation.....Let go! He is not the player he once was. He cannot take over a game like he used too. Just like Peters we should chat after 8 games!

I agree he isn't what he once was, but once agin, the discussion is about how balnced he is as a RB compared to MJD and Marion Barber. He is more blanced than Barber, easily, and the argument can be made for MJD... I have been saying this for 3 or 4 posts now...

eaglesalltheway
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
There's a very good chance Peters is an elite LT next season for the iggles, but all you eagles fans trying to say he wasn't horrendous in his 13 games last season are just wrong on this one. That's a horrible argument I know, but Peters was just atrocious, I really don't know how I could better prove this point, he gave up position, didn't use his hands well, made dumb mistakes and wasn't even that good in the running game. I loved him last offseason because he was an UDFA who played like one of the league's best LT and had an awesome car, but he just really turned me off with his play. He probably just wasn't going 100% b/c he was pissed at the bills for not re-negotiating his contract even though he had two years left, but his game film is just embarassing.

I know there have been some Eagles fans saying last year wasn't bad. I am however, not one of them (unless I have alien hands syndrome, House FTW!). I recognize he didn't play to the same calibur last year, especially in the passing game, but he was still very good in the run game from all that I've seen/ I have been saying he will improve off of last year and gain back 2007 form because though his contract nujber that everyone sees is huge. From reports, it is incentive filled, and he would get much less if he doesn't play to a certain level. He also has Juan Castillo there to berate him when he effs up (it'll happen, it happens to every linemen). They are adding some different techniques to his game to help fit into our blocking scheme a little better, and because of the way his contract is configured, as well as his coach and the talent around him, there is plenty of evidence for me think (without bias) he will greatly improve off of last season.

Mr. Hero
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
people reading this thread will think I'm just bagging on Jason, but that's not true, I like the dude and he had a great story before he whined like a schoolyard ***** last summer. I'm not even sure I'd give him good as a run blocker for last season, much less very good. He didn't get owned there like he did in pass pro but he wasn't getting a very good push and he wasn't sealing guys off effectively. There's a reason Marshawn Lynch has always had low YPC numbers and one need not do more than look at the OL, this season the right side was the only dependable side to run behind and even there Brad Butler got beat by better DTs. I hope Jason does bounce back but he's got a lot of work to do to make people forget about last season.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
people reading this thread will think I'm just bagging on Jason, but that's not true, I like the dude and he had a great story before he whined like a schoolyard ***** last summer. I'm not even sure I'd give him good as a run blocker for last season, much less very good. He didn't get owned there like he did in pass pro but he wasn't getting a very good push and he wasn't sealing guys off effectively. There's a reason Marshawn Lynch has always had low YPC numbers and one need not do more than look at the OL, this season the right side was the only dependable side to run behind and even there Brad Butler got beat by better DTs. I hope Jason does bounce back but he's got a lot of work to do to make people forget about last season.

I think he can and will bounce back, because his contract, team, and even the city of Philadelphia will call for it. I don't know how he responds to the fans in Philly, but I can bet he won't want to be on the recieving end of 60,000+ boos...

Sniper
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I think he can and will bounce back, because his contract, team, and even the city of Philadelphia will call for it. I don't know how he responds to the fans in Philly, but I can bet he won't want to be on the recieving end of 60,000+ boos...

60,000? Are the Eagles going to be only playing in front of 2/3 capacity?

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
60,000? Are the Eagles going to be only playing in front of 2/3 capacity?

Could've sworn the stadium had like a 66,000 capacity.

Googled it, its 68,000 ish...

Sniper
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Could've sworn the stadium had like a 66,000 capacity.

Googled it, its 68,000 ish...

I could have sworn it was 90K. My bad.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I could have sworn it was 90K. My bad.

I thought it was like that because I have a shirt that mentions the Linc's capacity. So I figured they wouldn't get that wrong, lol.

JHG722
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Giants and Eagles are basically even, but Giants would get the nod for winning the SB

ricowboy
05-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Giants and Eagles are basically even, but Giants would get the nod for winning the SB

Giants win period......GM has been there only a few years and they won the SB. Reid and company have been there since 98 and no SB! Giants win!

21ST
05-23-2009, 01:28 AM
I pick the redskins just because everyone knows i dont mean it

JHG722
05-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Giants win period......GM has been there only a few years and they won the SB. Reid and company have been there since 98 and no SB! Giants win!

No, they dont win period, because the consistency of the Eagles has been matched by about 3 other teams in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
05-23-2009, 11:12 AM
No, they dont win period, because the consistency of the Eagles has been matched by about 3 other teams in the NFL.

Though I think the Giants have the edge because of the Superbowl, I agree the gap isn't that big because of the consistency over the last 10 years. There has been no team in the NFC with the Eagles consistency in that span. Now I think in a few years we will be talking about the Giants the same way, but right now I think the Giants have a slight edge over the Eagles due to the Superbowl run.

ricowboy
05-23-2009, 03:55 PM

Giants won the SB. Eagles have not. It is very simple. Superbowl victories are what franchises are measured by. If the Eagles win a SB they take the title of best NFC front office. They will have the SB victory and the the best rack record for the last 10 years! The combination of those two pieces give them the title! Don't be so much of a homer that you look past the accomplishments of the Giants front office.

Iamcanadian
05-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Giants won the SB. Eagles have not. It is very simple. Superbowl victories are what franchises are measured by. If the Eagles win a SB they take the title of best NFC front office. They will have the SB victory and the the best rack record for the last 10 years! The combination of those two pieces give them the title! Don't be so much of a homer that you look past the accomplishments of the Giants front office.

I agree, SB rings measure the be all and end all of a FO. Consistency is nice but believe me championships are nicer.

NY Giants
Phiadelphia Eagles
Tie between 2 interfering owners who have accomplished squat since they took over. Sure Dallas was great with Jimmy Johnson running the show but Jones chased him out of town, won one with Johnson's players then the whole show ground to a halt under Jones's leadership and I think over time it is only going to get worse.
Snyder still thinks he can buy a championship team and with Gibbs gone, he'll probably take the team into last place.