PDA

View Full Version : Your 2010 "Preview"

JFLO
05-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Alright, I'm tired of always seeing Taylor Mays being the discussion around here, so I thought I would get everyone's perspective on the upcoming draft.

The idea is to just get everyone view on the 2010 draft. You don't have to "know" every single prospect and can include underclassmen if you want. Categorize some players and basically thats about it.

Basically, give me your preview on your views of the 2010 prospects!

My Preview

My #1 Player---Eric Berry Safety Tennessee

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays, Sam Bradford

My #1 Draft Pick---Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma to the Rams

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Ben Tate RB Auburn, Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan, Marty Gilyard WR Cincinnati

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)---C.J. Spiller, Rob Gronskowski TE Arizona, Marvin Austin DT UNC, Arthur Jones DL Syracuse

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Everson Griffin DE/OLB USC, Major Wright S Florida, Dennis Landolt OT Penn State, Damian Williams WR USC

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Trevard Lindley CB Kentucy, Mark Herzlich OLB BOston College, Brandon Spikes LB Florida

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Vikings select Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

Feel free to add anything else you please...

RealityCheck
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
My #1 Player---Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Jermaine Gresham, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays, Sam Bradford, Eric Berry

My #1 Draft Pick---Taylor Mays S USC to the Raiders

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Zac Robinson QB OSU, Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan, Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Patriots select LeGarrette Blount RB/FB Oregon

the decider13
05-10-2009, 07:53 PM
My #1- Sam Bradford
My top players- Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry,Taylor Mays

My #1 pick- Sam Bradford to the Rams

My underrated players- Austin English DE OU, Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

My overrated players- Terrance Cody DT Bama

Player I want on my favorite team- Broncos select Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma

sbh15
05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Major Wright won't shoot anywhere but down unless he figures out coverage.

And Carlos Dunlap is a freak of nature with production to back it up. Not overrated at all.

Arsenal
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

My Top Players: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma; Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois; Eric Berry, S, Tennessee; Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

My #1 Draft Pick: Detroit Lions select Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

My Underrated Players: DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma; Stafon Johnson, RB, Southern California; Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh; Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech

My Overrated Prospects: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas; Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama; George Selvie, DE, South Florida; Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: 49ers select Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas and Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

the decider13
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Major Wright won't shoot anywhere but down unless he figures out coverage.

And Carlos Dunlap is a freak of nature with production to back it up. Not overrated at all.

I agree...I honestly don't see how you can overrate Dunlap at this point in time. Overrated should be save for guys like Bryan Bulaga and Mount Cody.

CJSchneider
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team

49ers - Russell Okung, Taylor Mays
Saints - Sean Weatherspoon

Yatta!
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
My #1 Player---Sam Bradford

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Sam Bradford, Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Bryan Bulaga, Carlos Dunlap

My #1 Draft Pick---Carlos Dunlap to the Bucs

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Jeff Owens DT Georgia, Myron Lewis CB Vanderbilt, Jordan Lake S Baylor

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Dennis Pitta TE BYU, Terrence Cody NT Alabama, Navarro Bowman OLB Penn State

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson, Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech, Carlton Mitchell WR South Florida

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Colt McCoy QB Texas, Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech, Sean Lee LB Penn State

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- Trent Williams to the Packers.

sbh15
05-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I agree...I honestly don't see how you can overrate Dunlap at this point in time. Overrated should be save for guys like Bryan Bulaga and Mount Cody.

He's only going to be overrated if he has no production this season and is still a first rounder. He had like 8.5 sacks last season (not even really being the full-time starter all season) and straight up dominated what people considered to be one of the best offensive lines in the nation in the Championship. He's a hoss and really seems like a clone of Super Mario to me.

sbh15
05-10-2009, 08:50 PM
My #1 Player: Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

My Top Players: Bradford, Dunlap, Berry, Mays

My #1 Draft Pick: Dunlap or Bradford, depending on the team

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: WR Dez Bryant to Baltimore

Arsenal
05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
I forgot about Ricky Sapp, I think he's definitely underrated right now. Ricky Sapp and Daquan Bowers next year is going to be nasty. As will Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham.

Looks like a hell of a draft for defensive ends/3-4 OLBs. Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffin, Greg Hardy, Sergio Kindle, George Selvie, Greg Romeus, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan, Ricky Sapp, Martez Wilson, Austin English, and that's leaving a bunch of guys with 2nd and maybe even 1st round potential out.

EarthWindandFire
05-10-2009, 09:14 PM
My Number 1 Player- Taylor Mays (rolls eyes if you want, it can't be any other right now)

My Top 5- Mays, Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Eric Berry, Russel Okung

Number 1 Draft Pick- Sam Bradford to Broncos

Underrated- Arrelious Benn, John Clay, Navorrow Bowman, Corey Wooton, Jahvid Best

Overrated- Everson Griffen (talent doesn't match production), Mark Herzlich, Sergio Kindle, Carl Moore, Tim Tebow (if one person out of a hundred thinks he is an NFL QB, he is overrated....and there is a lot of people out there who think he is)

Person who will shoot up boards come November- Stafon Johnson

Person who will drop down boards come November- Mark Herzlich

Player you want on your favorite team- Brandon Spikes to Giants.......God help the NFC East.....we would have a D to rival our 80s D's

TACKLE
05-10-2009, 10:15 PM
My #1 Player---Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

For real? Gresham is your #1 player? He's a good player but he's not special, certainly not special enough to be a TE and the #1 player in the draft.

marshallb
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
For real? Gresham is your #1 player? He's a good player but he's not special, certainly not special enough to be a TE and the #1 player in the draft.

especially not a draft as strong as 2010 looks to be. He wouldn't have even been the #1 player if he were in this draft. He might have snuck into some people's top 5s, but he wouldn't have been #1.

marshallb
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
My Number 1 Player- Taylor Mays (rolls eyes if you want, it can't be any other right now)

My Top 5- Mays, Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Eric Berry, Russel Okung

Number 1 Draft Pick- Sam Bradford to Broncos

Underrated- Arrelious Benn, John Clay, Navorrow Bowman, Corey Wooton, Jahvid Best

Overrated- Everson Griffen (talent doesn't match production), Mark Herzlich, Sergio Kindle, Carl Moore, Tim Tebow (if one person out of a hundred thinks he is an NFL QB, he is overrated....and there is a lot of people out there who think he is)
Person who will shoot up boards come November- Stafon Johnson

Person who will drop down boards come November- Mark Herzlich

Player you want on your favorite team- Brandon Spikes to Giants.......God help the NFC East.....we would have a D to rival our 80s D's

I was talking to some friends of mine, who are Vikings fans, about football, and one of them said that we should tank this year, so we can get Tebow, all I did was chuckle to myself, and moved on with the conversation. He isn't all that knowledgable about the NFL draft, but just goes to show that there are plenty of people out there who love Tebow.

EDIT: I'll put my 2010 preview up tomorrow.

ThePudge
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player--- Taylor Mays for the time being

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)--- Ndamukong Suh, Taylor Mays, Jermaine Gresham, Carlos Dunlap, Russell Okung

My #1 Draft Pick--- Carlos Dunlap to Detroit

My Underrated Players--- Sean Weatherspoon, Dan LeFevour, DeMarco Murray, Brandon LaFell

My Overrated Prospects--- Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Terrance Cody, Everson Griffen, George Selvie, Brandon Spikes, Major Wright, Donovan Warren

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November-- Ndamukong Suh, Carlos Dunlap, James Starks, Dan LeFevour

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November--- Terrance Cody, Mark Herzlich, Brandon Spikes

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- I'd like a top CB or WR for the Bengals. Arrelious Benn from Illinois would fit well as the team's X receiver to replace Chad Johnson. Brandon LaFell is a guy I see in the 15-20 range, and I think the Bengals may end up right around there, so that's an idea.

StorminNorman
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Why do people even try to pretend to have any idea what the 2010 draft class will look like?

ThePudge
05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Why do people even try to pretend to have any idea what the 2010 draft class will look like?

Because many of us watched plenty of college football a year ago and it's a fair bet, though not an exact science be any means, that a player that looked like a good or elite prospect a year ago could become a good or elite pro prospect when eligible for the draft this year. We're also on an NFL Draft website.

Thunder&Lightning
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Because many of us watched plenty of college football a year ago and it's a fair bet, though not an exact science be any means, that a player that looked like a good or elite prospect a year ago could become a good or elite pro prospect when eligible for the draft this year. We're also on an NFL Draft website.

hmmmm owned

holt_bruce81
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
My Preview:

My Top Players---Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Sean Weatherspoon, Taylor Mays, Sam Bradford

My #1 Draft Pick---Sam Bradford to the 49ers

My Underrated Players---Jordan Shipley WR, Dezmon Briscoe WR, Jerrod Johnson QB

My Overrated Prospects---Ndamukong Suh DT, Colt McCoy QB, CJ Spiller RB

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November---Dan Lefevour QB, Dennis Landolt OT, Brian Coulter DE, Tim Tebow QB

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Mark Herzlich OLB, Dez Bryant WR, Sergio Kindle OLB

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Rams select Arrelious Benn WR Illinois or Dan Lefevour QB Central Michigan

StorminNorman
05-10-2009, 11:49 PM

But making projections in May about next April never works well.

I mean, mock drafts made in January are normally hilarious to look at by the time the draft comes.

http://classic17.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/ridiculously-early-2009-nfl-mock-draft/

This 2009 Mock Draft from September 2008 has the first three picks being Michael Oher, Malcolm Jenkins and Tim Tebow. James Davis is the 11th pick. Michael Johnson goes number 6. And this is one of the more accurate pre-season drafts out there.

I understand this is an NFL Draft message board. Discussing which prospects you like going into 2009 is perfectly rational. Trying to predict the number 1 pick at this point is not.

princefielder28
05-10-2009, 11:53 PM
My #1 Player--- Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)--- Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry, Sam Bradford

My #1 Draft Pick--- Sam Bradford to STL

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Sean Weatherspoon, Vince Oghobaase, Rusty Smith

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)---Marvin Austin, LeGarrette Blount, Major Wright, Terrence Cody

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Rusty Smith, Geno Atkins, Tim Tebow, Selvish Capers, James Starks, CJ Wilson, Boo Robinson

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November--- Terrence Cody

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- Eric Berry

05-11-2009, 12:26 AM
My #1 Player - Carlos Dunlap

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want) – Carlos Dunlap, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, Trent Williams

My #1 Draft Pick - Carlos Dunlap to Detroit

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan) - Ras-I Dowling, Everson Griffen, Marshawn Gilyard, Evan Royster, Vince Oghobaase

My Overrated Prospects(same thing) – Brandon Spikes, Major Wright, LeGarrette Blount, Brandon LaFell, Marvin Austin

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November – Sean Weatherspoon, Mark Herzlich, Everson Griffen, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November – George Selvie, Terrence Cody, Geno Atkins, Adam Ulatoski, Donovan Warren

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team – Taylor Mays

Brent
05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
My #1 Player: Gerald McCoy

My Top Players: Gerald McCoy, Taylor Mays, Eric Berry

My #1 Draft Pick: Gerald McCoy

My Underrated Player: DeMarco Murray

My Overrated Prospect: Colt McCoy

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: Taylor Mays

mqtirishfan
05-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I understand this is an NFL Draft message board. Discussing which prospects you like going into 2009 is perfectly rational. Trying to predict the number 1 pick at this point is not.

Sure, it's irrational. But it's fun to think about.

WMD
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM

I mean, mock drafts made in January are normally hilarious to look at by the time the draft comes.

http://classic17.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/ridiculously-early-2009-nfl-mock-draft/

This 2009 Mock Draft from September 2008 has the first three picks being Michael Oher, Malcolm Jenkins and Tim Tebow. James Davis is the 11th pick. Michael Johnson goes number 6. And this is one of the more accurate pre-season drafts out there.

That mock is bad even for September. Cornerbacks very rarely go Top 3. I pretty much disregard any mock that has a Corner, Safety, or even Linebacker going in the Top 3.. and it wasn't just a revelation this year that Tebow wasn't a very good NFL Prospect at QB.

AntoinCD
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
My #1 Player---Gerald McCoy

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Gerald McCoy, Russell Okung, Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry, George Selvie

My #1 Draft Pick---Russell Okung to the Lions

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Sean Witherspoon, Vince Oghobaase, Tim Tebow(may not be a QB, but he will be a very good NFL player)

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays(definitely a top 15 pick but he's not quite Superman)

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Sergio Kindle, Sam Young, Jevan Snead

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Colt McCoy, DeMarcus Granger

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- George Selvie/Greg Hardy to the Patriots

cdub11
05-11-2009, 01:36 PM
My #1 Player – Taylor Mays

My Top 5 Players – Taylor Mays / Gerald McCoy / Carlos Dunlap / Eric Berry / Russell Okung

My #1 Draft Pick – Carlos Dunlap

Most Underrated Player – Dezmon Briscoe

Most Overrated Player – Sam Bradford

The Players You Want On Your Favorite Team – Taylor Mays / Sergio Kindle / Dez Bryant

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 01:39 PM
That mock is bad even for September. Cornerbacks very rarely go Top 3. I pretty much disregard any mock that has a Corner, Safety, or even Linebacker going in the Top 3.. and it wasn't just a revelation this year that Tebow wasn't a very good NFL Prospect at QB.
ha the bears got iglesias in that mock

etk
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player---Taylor Mays or Gerald McCoy

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)--- Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, Jevan Snead
My #1 Draft Pick---IDKlol to the Bills

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)--- Allen Bailey, Jason Fox, Jahvid Best, CJ Gable, Demaryius Thomas

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)---Marvin Austin, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Travis Lewis

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Allen Bailey, Jevan Snead, Jahvid Best, Damian Williams

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Gotta wait til after the season

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Gerald McCoy on the Bucs

eaglesalltheway
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
My #1 Player-Gerald McCoy

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)-McCoy, Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, and Ndamukong Suh (Sorry, had to go to 6)

My #1 Draft Pick-Russell Okung to the Lions

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)-Ciron Black, OT LSU, Bryan Bulaga, OT Iowa, Evan Royster, RB PSU, DeMarius Thomas, WR GT, Brandon Graham, DE Michigan,

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)-Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma, Colt McCoy, QB Texas (I don't like either that much) They aren't highly overrated, IMO, but they fit in here for me.), Terrence Cody, DT Alabama, CJ Spiller, RB Clemson

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November-Bryan Bulaga, Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama, Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida, Carlos Dunlap, Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois, Dez Bryant, WR OK State,

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November-Trevard Lindley, CB Kentucky, CJ Spiller, Brandon LaFell, WR LSU (falls if both Benn and Bryant declare), Damien Williams, WR USC (he falls closer to the combine if he declares, as he won't have the speed everyone was expecting, even though most people know he isn't blazing fast anyway)

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team- Ummmm.. (Really tough, can't say, try to be realistic) Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Mizzou, maybe Everson Griffin, DE USC, if he plays to his talent and declares, Sean Lee, ILB PSU, we'd move him to WLB... Those three are ones that stick out in my mind. Lee moreso because I'm a PSU fan and he would be a guaranteed solid player for us.

Edit: Tried to mix it up and cover a lot of ground... That way I can come back and say my random guess (educated guess, but w/e) was right...;)

Borat
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
WOW, a lot of people have Herzlich as overrated or moving down the board next year. Just wondering why people feel that way about him.

eaglesalltheway
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
WOW, a lot of people have Herzlich as overrated or moving down the board next year. Just wondering why people feel that way about him.

I like him, I just think that with some of the underclassmen declaring potentially, he could slide a bit. He doesn't have great measurables, so that will be against him, but in terms of a player, he is solid pretty much everywhere. If he beasts it up without having the two immovable objects in front of him, I'm sure a lot of us will change our tune...:)

sbh15
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
The amount of Tebow hate on this board is laughable. Maybe 2% of the people who post here think he will amount to anything and he's STILL overrated? That's a joke.

wicket
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
My #1 Player-Ndamukong Suh (like him best, I think he is the best player, dont think he will be the concensus #1 player)

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)-McCoy, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, and Ndamukong Suh

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)-Ciron Black, OT LSU, Kyle McCarthey ND (sorry had to put a homer pick in there)

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)-Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma, Colt McCoy, QB Texas (I don't like either that much, basicly have much of the same questions as Tebow and display less leadership) They aren't highly overrated, IMO, but they fit in here for me.), Terrence Cody, DT Alabama, CJ Spiller, RB Clemson, LaGarrette Blount, RB Oregon

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November-Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama, Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida, Carlos Dunlap, Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois, Dez Bryant, WR OK State, Everson Griffen DE USC

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November-Mark Herzlich, OLB BC, CJ Spiller, LaGarrette Blount, Sam Bradford

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team- Everson Griffen, Ndamukong Suh(wont last but I love a high quality DLine)

eaglesalltheway
05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
My #1 Player-Ndamukong Suh (like him best, I think he is the best player, dont think he will be the concensus #1 player)

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)-McCoy, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, and Ndamukong Suh

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)-Ciron Black, OT LSU, Kyle McCarthey ND (sorry had to put a homer pick in there)

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)-Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma, Colt McCoy, QB Texas (I don't like either that much, basicly have much of the same questions as Tebow and display less leadership) They aren't highly overrated, IMO, but they fit in here for me.), Terrence Cody, DT Alabama, CJ Spiller, RB Clemson, LaGarrette Blount, RB Oregon

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November-Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama, Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida, Carlos Dunlap, Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois, Dez Bryant, WR OK State, Everson Griffen DE USC

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November-Mark Herzlich, OLB BC, CJ Spiller, LaGarrette Blount, Sam Bradford

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team- Everson Griffen, Ndamukong Suh(wont last but I love a high quality DLine)

Looks like lots of that was copy/pasted from mine...

Matthew Jones
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Off the top of my head:

My Preview

My #1 Player--- QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)--- Ndamukong Suh, Taylor Mays, Russell Okung, Trent Williams

My #1 Draft Pick--- Rams - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)--- LaGarrette Blount, John Jerry, Mark Herzlich

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- C.J. Spiller, Sergio Kindle, Myron Rolle

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- Patriots - LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

imraged
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
What's with all the Terrance Cody hate?

My #1 Player - Eric Berry

My Top Players - Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Gerald McCoy, Carlos Dunlap, Jevan Snead

My #1 Draft Pick - Carlos Dunlap

Don't really feel like doing the rest...

SeanTaylorRIP
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
My #1 Player---Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Sergio Kindle, Arrellious Benn

My #1 Draft Pick---Bryan Bulaga OT to the Raiders

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Marshawn Gilyard WR Cinci, Ras-i Dowling CB UVA, Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan, Evan Royster RB Penn State, Dedrick Epps TE Miami

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)---C.J. Spiller RB Clemson, Chris Brown RB Oklahoma

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--George Selvie, Jevan Snead, Dez Bryant, Kam Chancellor, Javhid Best

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Mark Herzlich, Damian Williams, C.J. Spiller

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Redskins select Sergio Kindle

Jensen
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

My Top Players(Top 3-5, no order if you don't want) - Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry, Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Taylor Mays, Russell Okung very close #6

My #1 Draft Pick - Russell Okung to the Lions

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan) - Sean Weatherspoon, Vince Oghobaase, Everson Griffen

My Overrated Prospects(same thing) - C.J. Spiller, Colt McCoy, Major Wright

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November - Everson Griffen, Sean Weatherspoon, Dan LeFevour

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November - Mark Herzlich, Terrence Cody, Trent Williams

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team - Arizona selects Russell Okung, OT. Realistic pick - Sean Weatherspoon, LB or Greg Hardy, DE/OLB.

Solomon
05-12-2009, 01:20 AM
My #1 Player---Carlos Dunlap

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Eric Berry, Ndamukong Suh, Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy, Sam Bradford (in no order)

My #1 Draft Pick---Carlos Dunlap DE to Detroit

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Dexter Davis DE/OLB, Brian Price DT UCLA, Greg Jones OLB Michigan State

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Terrance Cody DT Alabama, Navarro Bowman OLB Penn State, Kyle Wilson Boise State, George Selvie DE/OLB South Florida

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Allen Bailey DL Miami, Lee Ziemba OT Auburn, Mark Dell WR MIchigan State, Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame, Michael McNeil S Auburn, Thaddeus Gibson DE/OLB Ohio State

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Kyle Wilson CB Boise State, Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College, CJ Spiller RB Clemson, Evan Royster RB Penn State, Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnatti

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Packers take DL Vince Oghobaase (I'm hoping Green Bay gets deep enough into the playoffs that they don't have a shot at Suh or Gerald McCoy)

yourfavestoner
05-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Alright, I'm tired of always seeing Taylor Mays being the discussion around here, so I thought I would get everyone's perspective on the upcoming draft.

The idea is to just get everyone view on the 2010 draft. You don't have to "know" every single prospect and can include underclassmen if you want. Categorize some players and basically thats about it.

Basically, give me your preview on your views of the 2010 prospects!

My Preview

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays, Sam Bradford

My #1 Draft Pick---Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma to the Rams

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)---Ben Tate RB Auburn, Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan, Marty Gilyard WR Cincinnati

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)---C.J. Spiller, Rob Gronskowski TE Arizona, Marvin Austin DT UNC, Arthur Jones DL Syracuse

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Everson Griffin DE/OLB USC, Major Wright S Florida, Dennis Landolt OT Penn State, Damian Williams WR USC

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Trevard Lindley CB Kentucy, Mark Herzlich OLB BOston College, Brandon Spikes LB Florida

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Vikings select Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

Disagree about Major Wright. He's a great college player, but will likely be a mid-rounder when he comes out. He's just not gonna have the measurables to be a high pick.

Addict
05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
The amount of Tebow hate on this board is laughable. Maybe 2% of the people who post here think he will amount to anything and he's STILL overrated? That's a joke.

well yeah. See the people who post here aren't the media or casual fans, who are still trying to find a way to use Tebow's jockstrap as a coffeefilter, so that they can have their caffeine with a dash of TT's ballsweat.

and because of that he's overrated. Not here on NFLDC, but elsewhere. See the world doesn't begin and end on this forum. Amazing, I know.

SenorGato
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
My Preview

My #1 Player - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

My Top Players(Top 3-5, no order if you don't want) - Carlos Dunlap, Eric Berry, Sam Bradford, Greg Hardy, Dez Bryant

My #1 Draft Pick - Carlos Dunlap to some lucky team.

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan) - Vince Oghobaase, Everson Griffen, Jared Odrick, Boo Robinson, Jimmy Clausen, Tim Hiller, Jermaine Cunningham, Demayrius Thomas

My Overrated Prospects(same thing) - Tebow, Colt McCoy, Selvie, Evan Royster, Charles Scott, Brandon Lafell

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November - Everson Griffen, Keiland Williams, the USF WR (Mitchell?), Caleb King

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November - Okung

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team - Jets select Dez Bryant, Greg Hardy, or Oghobaase/Suh/Odrick

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
well yeah. See the people who post here aren't the media or casual fans, who are still trying to find a way to use Tebow's jockstrap as a coffeefilter, so that they can have their caffeine with a dash of TT's ballsweat.

and because of that he's overrated. Not here on NFLDC, but elsewhere. See the world doesn't begin and end on this forum. Amazing, I know.
it should. Jordy wouldve been #1 overall

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
What's with all the Terrance Cody hate?

He, as of last year, was a mass of human being that couldn't be moved by collegiate linemen. He was one dimensional and a lot of people think he can only be a run stopper. He got by on being so big that no one could move him, and really had no technique. He had a (relatively) slow first step and in the NFL that would result in him getting obliterated by any linemen worth his weight in cotton swabs. He has strength, but not for a guy as big as he was. A lot of guys don't like him because he was huge and wouldn't survive conditioning for an NFL team at that weight.

Now I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen and heard some improvements from him since the end of Alabama's season. He has lost weight, gained some quickness, and from what I've heard, and what I saw at Alabama's sprign game, has learned some technique and just isn't getting by on being huge. He still needs to improve his technique and leverage a lot, but considering he had almost none last year, he has already made leaps and bounds. If he continues to progress until the season starts, and gets down to 340 or so (was down to 360 or 365 at the Alabama Spring game IIRC) by the start of the season, and shows additional improvement, he could work his way out of the overrated category. But even then he may be. I think anyone that has him rated as a first rounder right now is off on his evaluation. If he continues his improvemnt, I could see him as a second rounder in the draft and be taken right around the time when Ron Brace was chosen. But he will need to show that improvement before I, or many other people beleive he is worth that.

Addict
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
it should. JordyZZZ should've been #1 overall

fixed it for you.

BuddyCHRIST
05-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't feel like breaking it down to top players, but right now I'm not a huge fan of the class. It's pretty in vogue to always talk about how great the next class is until it is the current class, but I've never liked this one.

The QB's are great college players but none are elite prospects, too many questions especially concerning all the systems. Snead could emerge but he needs to improve alot, I think he might I'm just not ready to annoint him.

I like both Berry and Mays and really can't decide who I like better, but I think both are top 10 talents. I like Spikes as well too, he should have left last year and will probably get overanalyzed this year.

SuperKevin
05-12-2009, 04:08 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player---Taylor Mays S USC

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Mays, Eric Berry S Tennessee, Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma, Sam Bradford Oklahoma

My #1 Draft Pick--- Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma goes #1 overall to Denver

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)--- Tim Hiller QB Western Michigan, Arthur Jones DT Syracuse, Alex Wujciak MLB Maryland, Parrish Cox CB Oklahoma State

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Brandon Spikes MLB Florida, Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Arthur Jones DT Syracuse(with half the league seemingly running the 3-4 Jones will rise up boards since he's a perfect 3-4 DE), Tim Hiller QB Western Michigan(Ben Roethlisberger clone in my opinion)

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team---Trent Williams OT Oklahoma. If Walker fails at LT Williams should be able to play the blind side, if not he's already a highly experienced RT.

Don Vito
05-12-2009, 04:30 PM
My #1 Player: Eric Berry DB Tennessee

My Top 5 Players: Eric Berry, Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays, Russell Okung, Gerald McCoy (Suh is very close to McCoy)

My #1 Draft Pick: Sam Bradford to Denver

My Underrated Players: Rahim Alem DE LSU, Anthony Costanzo OT BC, Kendrick Lewis FS Ole Miss, Namaan Roosevelt WR Buffalo, Stafon Johnson RB USC, Rico McCoy LB Tennessee, Myron Lewis CB Vandy, Dan Williams DT Tennessee, Junior Gallette DE/LB Temple

My Overrated Prospects(same thing): George Selive DE USF, Sergio Render OG VT, Brandon LaFell WR LSU, Sergio Kindle (reminds me of Lavar Arrington-if he is allowed to roam he will be a stud), Major Wright

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss (just needs to stay healthy, he is a freakish athlete and a gamechanger), CJ Spiller RB Clemson (people will see he is more than just speed without Davis I think)

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: Mark Herzlich LB BC. Perfect fit for the Pats 3-4. Herzlich is big, physical, tough, and athletic and can cover, get to the QB, tackle, and make plays.

DT35
05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
My #1 Draft Pick--- Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma goes #1 overall to Denver

Denver doesn't have a first but I could see Seattle picking Bradford also if Denver really finishes last.

SuperKevin
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Denver doesn't have a first but I could see Seattle picking Bradford also if Denver really finishes last.

Forgot about that. You're right. I still think they'll be the worst team in the league though

wicket
05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Looks like lots of that was copy/pasted from mine...

that is correct. I looked at whose list resembled mine most closely and then edited it to make up for things I disagree with you about. This way it was the least work.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Forgot about that. You're right. I still think they'll be the worst team in the league though

Denver do have a first but I think its Chicago's one from the Cutler trade. So unless SuperJay completely falls apart I don'tsee the Broncos picking 1

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
that is correct. I looked at whose list resembled mine most closely and then edited it to make up for things I disagree with you about. This way it was the least work.

Its cool, I kinda figured it was something like that, but I just thought it looked funny with the same phrases and stuff...

hagy34
05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
My #1 Player: Gerald McCoy

My Top Players: Gerald McCoy, Taylor Mays, Eric Berry

My #1 Draft Pick: Gerald McCoy

My Underrated Player: DeMarco Murray

My Overrated Prospect: Colt McCoy

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: Taylor Mays

I'm sensing an OU theme.

etk
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Tebow is a 1st round pick in almost every mock I've seen. He should be a 5th.

He's BY FAR the most overrated player in the 2010 draft, and one of the most overrated players ever (but that will change come April).

mission27
05-12-2009, 10:19 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee.

My Top Players: Berry, Carlos Dunlap, Jevan Snead, Taylor Mays, Ndamukong Suh.

My #1 Draft Pick: St. Louis Rams select Jevan Snead.

My Underrated Players: Stafon Johnson, Arthur Jones, Tim Hiller.

My Overrated Prospects: Colt McCoy, Russell Okung.

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: Patriots select Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma.

ToldLikeItIs
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
My #1 Player - Ndamakong Suh

My Top Players - Ndamakong Suh, Bryan Bulaga, Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Mark Herzlich

My #1 Draft Pick - The Detroit Lions select Iowa LT Bryan Bulaga

My Underrated Players - Kyle Calloway, Mark Herzlich, Brandon Graham, Damian Williams

My Overrated Players - Sergio Kindle, Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Arrellious Benn

Player I want on my favorite Team - Ndamakong Suh as a 3-4 DE on the KC Chiefs.

RealityCheck
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Tebow is a 1st round pick in almost every mock I've seen. He should be a 5th.

He's BY FAR the most overrated player in the 2010 draft, and one of the most overrated players ever (but that will change come April).

He's overrated everywhere, but here he's underrated. 5th round? No. That's impossible. Tebow is at least, in the most sincere of opinions, a mid-2nd rounder.

Malaka
05-14-2009, 07:10 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/tattooednyyfan/OllieWilliams1.jpg

"A LOT OF D TACKLES!!!"

RealityCheck
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
My #1 Draft Pick - The Detroit Lions select Iowa LT Bryan Bulaga

I Lol'd at this one.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 07:59 PM
I Lol'd at this one.

It's a definite possiblity if Detroit is picking #1. Bulaga has a chance to be the #1 OT in next year's draft.

OneToughGame
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Lol that mock had Seattle taking Courtney Greene in the 2nd...

Sniper
05-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Lol that mock had Seattle taking Courtney Greene in the 2nd...

LOL that mock had the Vikings losing the SB.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November--- Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College

SuperKevin, you're better than that. You didn't need to post something like that.

Matthew Jones
05-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah. Not cool.

ToldLikeItIs
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Super weak SuperKevin.

Bulaga being a legit 6'6, and 3 years younger, and and ten lbs heavier than Okung will edge him out as the #1 OT next year, in my opinion.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah. Not cool.

I'm actually going to take mine about him falling off of that list, it just isn't fair...

05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November Sean Weatherspoon, Mark Herzlich, Everson Griffen, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike

See, I believed in the man. It's too bad. :(

romo4prez415
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player---Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

My Top Players( Top 3-5, no order if you don't want)---Eric Berry, Russell Okung, Carlos Dunlap, Trent Williams, Ndamukong Suh

My #1 Draft Pick--- Carlos Dunlap St. Louis Rams

My Underrated Players(can be any prospects, from Bradford to Zoltan)--- Arthur Jones, Anthony Davis, Tim Hiller, Morgan Burnett, Sean Witherspoon, Tony Pike

My Overrated Prospects(same thing)--- Colt McCoy UT, Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes, Sam Bradford, DeMarco Murray, Sam Young

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November--Anthony Davis T Rutgers, Brian Price DT UCLA, Demaryius Thomas WR GT, Arthur Jones DT SU

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November---Colt McCoy, Mark Herzlich OLB BOston College, Brandon Spikes LB Florida

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team--- Cowboys select Terrance Cody NT Bama

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I would love it if the Cowboys got Cody, as long as he stays close to where he is at now. What he showed last year was that he was a beast as a run stuffer based off of pure immenseness (is that made up? lol) and offered very little as a pass rusher. He is exceptionally one dimmensional (I should be a rapper;)) as it is right now. In the NFL, he wouldn't be quite the run stuffer as he is in college because he has a long, long way to go as far as technique and leverage go. And he would be almost anon factor for the pass rush (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the 3-4 NT, but it'd be nice to get something).

Luckily for him though, reports are saying that he has lost a bunch of weight, and from what I saw at Alabamas spring game, added a lot of athletecism, and improved his technique and leverage. He still has a long way to go with his weight and the technique and leverage, but he is making progress. If he continues that progress, there is no way I'd want to face him two times a year.

romo4prez415
05-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I would love it if the Cowboys got Cody, as long as he stays close to where he is at now. What he showed last year was that he was a beast as a run stuffer based off of pure immenseness (is that made up? lol) and offered very little as a pass rusher. He is exceptionally one dimmensional (I should be a rapper;)) as it is right now. In the NFL, he wouldn't be quite the run stuffer as he is in college because he has a long, long way to go as far as technique and leverage go. And he would be almost anon factor for the pass rush (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the 3-4 NT, but it'd be nice to get something).

Luckily for him though, reports are saying that he has lost a bunch of weight, and from what I saw at Alabamas spring game, added a lot of athletecism, and improved his technique and leverage. He still has a long way to go with his weight and the technique and leverage, but he is making progress. If he continues that progress, there is no way I'd want to face him two times a year.

We have no problem rushing the passer which is why we led the league in sacks. Bringing in Cody would give us a top 5 run defense to go along with our pass rush and improved secondary which would make us an elite defense.

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
We have no problem rushing the passer which is why we led the league in sacks. Bringing in Cody would give us a top 5 run defense to go along with our pass rush and improved secondary which would make us an elite defense.

But you got a good deal of sacks and QB pressures from Jay Ratliff at the NT position. Now I think if you get a real NT you can move him out to either End position, but you will lose considerabel sack, QB pressure, and TFL capabilities fromt he NT position with a guy like Cody. Now as you said that isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world with the rest of your defense, but it is something to consider.

ChiFan24
05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm in no way qualified to do this at this point, but I also have nothing better to do.

My #1 Player: Taylor Mays, S, Southern California

My Top Players: Taylor Mays, Jevan Snead, Carlos Dunlap, Ndamukong Suh, Russell Okung

My #1 Draft Pick: Oakland Raiders select Carlos Dunlap

My Underrated Players: Greg Romeus, Stevenson Sylvester, Martez Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Corey Wootton, Tim Tebow (though not as a starting QB, more as a backup/wildcat QB and a full time H-Back)

My Overrated Prospects: Brandon Spikes, Sam Bradford, Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, Greg Hardy, Trevard Lindley, Ciron Black, Damian Williams

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team: Taylor Mays or Rejus Benn. Realistically...maybe Kam Chancellor.

superman8456
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
He's only going to be overrated if he has no production this season and is still a first rounder. He had like 8.5 sacks last season (not even really being the full-time starter all season) and straight up dominated what people considered to be one of the best offensive lines in the nation in the Championship. He's a hoss and really seems like a clone of Super Mario to me.

How is Carlos Dunlap a version of Mario Williams? I can understand the size and physical abilities, but they have two way different styles of play.

Mario Williams has the ability to play the LDE or RDE, while Dunlap will probably be limited to RDE. A better analogy would have been Gaines Adams. Dunlap relies on his physical abilities more than anything. That wont do a whole lot in the NFL if you dont bring the pass rush moves and technique you need.

Race for the Heisman
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
My Preview

My #1 Player - Eric Berry (Tennessee)

My Top Players - Eric Berry, Ndamukong Suh, Russell Okung, Taylor Mays

My #1 Draft Pick - Russell Okung to Detroit

My Underrated Players - Mike McLoughlin (Boston College), Thaddeus Lewis (Duke), Richard Dickson (Louisiana State), Kerry Meier (Kansas), Dane Sanzenbacher (Ohio State), Da'Rel Scott (Maryland), Todd Reesing (Kansas), Mike Johnson (Alabama), Drew Davis (Alabama)

My Overrated Prospects - C.J. Spiller (Clemson), Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State)

My Players That Will Shoot Up Boards Come November - Alex Wujciak (Maryland), Justin Boren (Ohio State), Thaddeus Gibson (Ohio State), Corey Wootton (Northwestern), Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State)

My Players That Will Fall Down Boards Come November - Greg Hardy (Ole Miss), George Selvie (South Florida), Jim Cordle (Ohio State), Trevard Lindley (Kentucky), Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State), Matt Grothe (South Florida)

The Player You Want On Your Favorite Team - Eric Berry/Dez Bryant to Chicago