PDA

View Full Version : What do you love/ hate about your hometown?

vikes_28
05-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Okay, I haven't seen a thread like this anywhere.

In this thread talk about what you hate or love about your city that you live in.

I'll start. I live in Sioux Falls. And the reason why it is so awesome is because when we get a real snow storm about once every three years. Where we have to cancel school on account of so much snow. The reason I say that is because, South Dakota's second largest city, Rapid City, gets out of school June 14th and they were supposed to be out on the 31st of May...

Something I hate about Sioux Falls is that there are too many packers fans (even though the packers fans think the other way around).

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Love
I can buy Alcohol everywhere

Hate
everyone speaks German

TitleTown088
05-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Something I hate about Sioux Falls is that there are too many packers fans (even though the packers fans think the other way around).

I wonder who that is...

Sioux Falls has many more Viking fans than Packer fans, that's a fact.

The thing I like about Sioux Falls is how clean it is. Essentially like one big suburb.

Something I hate... The bars there suck and people are allowed to smoke at the bars. Also, too many small town Dbags with afflictions T shirts and pimped out hondas.

stephenson86
05-11-2009, 09:19 AM
i live in manchester england, good things. i live in a very nice village, however im knowhere near football merchandise :(

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
i live in manchester england, good things. i live in a very nice village, however im knowhere near football merchandise :(
damn ur from europe too?

Yatta!
05-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Seriously? Didn't think you were from Europe?

I live in Manchester too.

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
id love to have like at least 1 other football fan around here :/

princefielder28
05-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Love :: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jo0rv-fSdsI/SWVMqP6-U_I/AAAAAAAABnk/6pcfQsKNCnY/s400/green-bay-packers-logo.jpg

Hate :: http://www.shiftboard.com/images/logos/logo_koch.jpg
Paper Mills

CJSchneider
05-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Well, my hometown is back in CA., so I'll just talk about the city I currently live in.

Love: It still has a somewhat small town feel, and is a great place to raise my kids.

Hate: The school system in Bossier City, where I live, is much different then where I teach, Shreveport. Bossier City seems to operate under the "Good 'Ol Boy" system. Since my wife nor I am from here, we may never be able to switch up and teach here, which we would like to do to be closer to our kids. I've seen teaching positions go to people who were less qualified because they "attended that school as a child". It makes me sick.

Brent
05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Well, I kind of identify with two cities as my hometown. So, I'll talk about both.

Texas
Hate: You cannot buy liquor in city limits, only beer and wine. There isnt any thing to do because it's a little suburb. You have to drive to other towns/downtown to do any thing. There are cops every where, but never where they are needed. You see cops all the time but they are patrolling for kids. They could care less that adults are going 10 miles over the speed limit on roads near schools. They just want to bust that kid for going 3 miles over near the high school. Oh, and every thing closes at like 9 on weekdays and 10 on weekends, except the beer and wine stores.
Like: You can walk any where in town, even at night, and never have to worry about your own safety.

California
Hate: It's a town which is no where near any major city. Rich yuppies from Silicon Valley are moving out there because they can build big houses for cheap because you get a sweet mountain view, even though it's driving up property taxes. It's a generally low-educated populace, as UC-Chico is the biggest 4-year college in the area.
Like: You can ski/snowboard any day that the park is open. Mt Shasta is not that far and you're 3 hours from the coast.

drowe
05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I love in Green Bay

I love the fact that I have all the advantages of living in a big city, but none of the disadvantages. Traffic isn't an issue. Crime isn't much of an issue. but, we still have a professional sports team, and plenty of good bars and restaurants.

But, the people can be kinda dumb.

also, Prince, do you work for Georgia Pacific?

Addict
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I live in a town called Aalsmeer. Look it up on google maps if you want to know where it is.

Like: my first school was only 100 yards from my house. when I was a kid everyone was pretty much my age, so always plenty of playmates. Not much traffic.

Dislike: boy where do I start? it's small, there's absolutely nothing here shop-wise. The town is too close to amsterdam, so all the stores and shops go there instead. Even though Amsterdam is 20 miles away it takes an hour to get there (public transport sucks). Most people here are simpletons. It's pretty deserted around here. I hate this town. I really, really hate this town. There's so many things wrong with this place I can't even put it down in words. Let me put it this way: if you were to come here happy and smiling, stayed here for 20 years, you'd leave clinically depressed.

princefielder28
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I love in Green Bay

I love the fact that I have all the advantages of living in a big city, but none of the disadvantages. Traffic isn't an issue. Crime isn't much of an issue. but, we still have a professional sports team, and plenty of good bars and restaurants.

But, the people can be kinda dumb.

also, Prince, do you work for Georgia Pacific?

No but my father does. His work is a constant reminder for me to do well in school so I can get a quality education and eventually a well paying, enjoyable job so I don't get stuck having to settle working at some place like a mill.

I love how everything is easy to go to in Green Bay as well. If I need anything I can just head down to the Bay Park Square area and I am likely to find it.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Baltimore love=
http://wendellwallace.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/baltimore-ravens-logo-poster-c10071230.jpg
http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/images/logos/mlb/Baltimore_Orioles.jpg
http://www.jordan-shoes.net/wp/washington-wizards/Washington_Wizards.gif

Baltimore Hate=
http://hobohaven.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crackhead2.jpg

eaglesalltheway
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I live in Emmaus, PA, a suburb of Allentown, which you can see on maps in Eastern PA near NJ.

Like: Not overly crazy, real laid back place with laid back people. The mayor is a friend of my family. Schools are great for education, rated #2 in PA about 5 years ago IIRC. Relatively safe with lots of places to go fishing. Within driving distance to New York City, Philly, and the Jersey shore, if you plan on going. You generally don't have to worry about being in danger from mother nature, but every once in a while there is an awesome blizzard.

Hate: Not much to do for a social scene. Me and my buddies usually make a littel fire and just chill at night when the weather is nice. (I like that, but not many do) It get really humid, and that sucks. Really though, that is it, i like where I live pretty much, actually.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Los Angeles - Love: diverse city, endless options, great music scene. Hate: traffic.

Gay Ork Wang
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Los Angeles - Love: diverse city, endless options, great music scene. Hate: sarf flu.

fixed it for you

UKfan
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Like Brent, I associate 2 places with home.

Leicester:
Like: Big city, lots to do, lots of people my age
Dislike: Lots of idiots

Gloucester:
Like: Chilled out atmosphere, good people, reasonably large city nearby
Dislike: Less to do

Hines
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Peoria, AZ

Love: Nice neighborhood. Places are expanding and getting more stores and malls.

Hate: The heat. Other things.

'cuse-213
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Syracuse New york:

Love- There is a lot of stuff to do. Food, Bars, Golf, Sport games, you can find anything withthin about 20 minutes.

Hate- Weather. Its unpredictable and usually crappy. I literally went outside to catch some sun on the same day it snowed. And the summers are humid.

ChezPower4
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Things I love about Chicago- The night life, I never run out of things to do, The Cubs and the beach.

Things I hate about Chicago- It's too damn cold in the winter, traffic and the roads are awful

M.O.T.H.
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Nothing to love, really...except my friends. Love the people but, this place is freaking boring. As for the location of my house itself, I'd say the only real benefit is that I am 5 steps away from a basketball court so, I'll always be able to play some games or just shoot around when bored. I do play everyday....so, there is that.

terribletowel39
05-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Hometown growing up, Ringgold, LA.

good things: not much trouble, very small town (population: 1600), close community

bad things: one stoplight, absolutely nothing to do but be country. nothing. and not really close to anything substantial either.

Since then, Dallas, TX.

good things: you can't really run out of things to do, awesome music scene with Austin and UNT being so close, money, and the walmart closest to my house might have been the cleaniest place i have ever been in.

bad things: traffic....oh my goodness. the fact that it takes an hour to get just about anywhere. and prices of things.

Matthew Jones
05-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I live in some suburb in Connecticut.

Good - uh...drawing blanks here.

Bad - everything else.

YAYareaRB
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I associate two spots as home as well.

Laie, HI:
Love - Everything. I love my family and I consider the whole town my family. It's a little town. Very country. Probably one of the last "Country" spots on the island of Oahu.

Hate - Nothing much to do there, as far as jobs are concerned. No opportunities.

Marina, CA:
Love - Nothing really. My friends.

Hate - Everything. Boring. Wannabe gangsters. Everyone knows me.

thetedginnshow
05-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Kent, WA:
Love - The people, the weather, the scenery.
Hate - The sports.

Columbus, OH:
Love - The sun, the sports, the midwest feel.
Hate - The weather, the economy, the midwest feel.

Paul
05-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Likes: Sports teams. Laid back Texans. Lot of things to do. Plus if the Trinity River Project ever gets underway, that will make the Downtown area 5x better.

Dislikes: The heat in the summer time. Aside from the Mavericks and Stars, all other sports teams are outside Dallas county (seriously WTF).

Paul
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Well the 3 greatest bands in the history of music came from Manchester. That's a big plus.

terribletowel39
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Dislikes: Aside from the Mavericks and Stars, all other sports teams are outside Dallas county (seriously WTF).
Arlington Cowboys FTW!!!

PalmerToCJ
05-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Independence KY

Like - Decent sized city, I live in a rural part but I'm just 7 miles from where there is stuff to do. Only 25 minutes from Cincinnati. The big winter snows are sweet, good time to act like an idiot. Mostly middle class, normal people which I like. Very close to the Reds, Bengals and UK basketball which makes me happy.

Dislike - Winter is too long and crappy. As a result the females have to wear too much clothes for a too long of a period.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Pentagon City, VA(D.C./Arlington VA Border)

- I love that it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the White house from my apartment.

-I hate that it takes me 2 hours to drive to the white house from my apartment.

PACKmanN
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Toronto

Love: Spots teams for everything, always something to do.

Hate: weather, things being expensive/over priced at places

Wootylicous
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Montreal

Love : Everything! I mean there is always something to do in mtl which is awesome.

Dislike : Probably the traffic ?

bored of education
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I dislike that woot does not live in the same town as me :(

aNYtitan
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Brooklyn, NY

Love: Always something to do, no matter how late it is. Transit is great, never closes. Good places to eat and drink.

Hate: Some rough areas that need to be avoided later on at night, hobos who smell on the train, f'n construction on trains during the weekends.

Go_Eagles77
05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Like: The scenery

Dislike: The people

MetSox17
05-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Mission, Texas -

+: Biggest city in the valley (McAllen) is only a ten minute drive away, you have a lot of things a big city has (save for pro sports teams), great food, traffic is never bad, the expressway will have you in South Padre Island in 1.5 hours tops, a pretty good University is in Edinburg, which is a 15 minute drive from Mission.

-: Small town cops have nothing better to do than pull people over for any reason. Corruption in school districts everywhere. Sometimes, it feels like things are too spread out, like driving home after a night of drinking.

Jensen
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Outer Banks, NC

Like - the beach, warm weather from spring to fall, laid-back place, not much crime
Dislike - lack of things to do, too many ******* golf courses and office buildings/banks, winter when it is cold and there is nothing to do, no professional sports teams even though one most likely couldn't be supported

JHG722
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
-one of the top school districts in the country
-20 minutes to Center City Philly and the sports complex
-20 minutes from every ethnic dining choice possible
-20 minutes from music venues
20 minutes to the largest mall in the United States
-NYC, DC and the shore all nearby/not too far away
-tons of movie theatres nearby including an Indie theatre
-international airport which is a US Airways hub and cheap flights from Southwest
-Multiple grocery stores and shopping options within 5 minutes
-People are pretty friendly
-Lack of sprawl and cookie cutter houses

Dislike:

-Snow (although winters have been mild the last few years)
-Not a ton of restaurant options

I love it here, but I'm definitely going west after I graduate from college.

SuperKevin
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm from Gaithersburg, MD

Love: 20 minutes from DC. Only a 2 hour drive from either the beach orthe mountains.

Hate: Traffic

awfullyquiet
05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Pentagon City, VA(D.C./Arlington VA Border)

- I love that it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the White house from my apartment.

-I hate that it takes me 2 hours to drive to the white house from my apartment.

god. i love 395. i mean you could swim there too. but who swims in the potomac. really.

hi. i live in chicago. more specific wrigleyville.

my likes are: i don't get my ass handed to me by property taxes, i like the fantastic food we have nearby, i live next door to taco bell, there are plenty of fantastic music clubs in the area, i don't live next door to a million yuppies like i would if i lived in old town or the gold coast or in the west loop, i have a back yard, i love winter, i can go fishing on the lake most of the year, public transportation isn't that bad.

my dislikes are: i get my ass handed to me by sales tax, i dislike that all the pizza places around me suck balls, i live next door to taco bell that closes at 5am and attracts every drunk midget for 300 miles, the only bands that play in chicago are bobby bare jr, cascadia, and nickleback, i live next door to a million bro dudes (chads) and trixies (google that one if you need a hand), it's balls hot in the summer and not in the good way, the fish in the lake have sucked since i've lived here, it's so flat bike riding becomes boring (and dangerous from ******* who dno't watch where they're driving).

that's all! i miss home!

Kase1
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Brooklyn, NY

Love: Always something to do, no matter how late it is. Transit is great, never closes. Good places to eat and drink.

Hate: Some rough areas that need to be avoided later on at night, hobos who smell on the train, f'n construction on trains during the weekends.

Word man, I LOOOOVE the 247 Public Transit, Bars/Resturants EVERYWHERE, and a TON of bars stay open past the 4am Last Call, and People from EVERYWHERE in the world

Hate: Smelly Bums on the train, yuppies moving into my neighborhood, Express trains not running due to Track Construction

BTW, what neighborhood u live in??? Im from Sunset Park.... SP WHUDDUP!!! LOL

aNYtitan
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Word man, I LOOOOVE the 247 Public Transit, Bars/Resturants EVERYWHERE, and a TON of bars stay open past the 4am Last Call, and People from EVERYWHERE in the world

Hate: Smelly Bums on the train, yuppies moving into my neighborhood, Express trains not running due to Track Construction

BTW, what neighborhood u live in??? Im from Sunset Park.... SP WHUDDUP!!! LOL

East New York, but so close to Queens that I'm right there. Neighborhood called Cityline

skinzzfan25
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Columbia, MD

Like: 20 mins from Baltimore and DC. 2 hours to the mountains and beach either way. Now with a car there's always something I can find to do. Merriweather Post Pavilion pulls some decent concerts. Pretty wealthy town, Forbes ranked 7th best to live well in: http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/04/towns-cities-real-estate-lifestyle-real-estate-top-towns.html

Dislike: Fairly 'manufactured' town, planned community. Plenty of rich snobby people.

7-11
05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Newcastle

Love: live across the road from the beach, fairly big city with plenty to do, but because the actual cbd is pretty small it doesnt feel big which i like alot, nightlife is pretty good, easily available illicit substances, people are really laid back most of the time, traffic isn't really that much of an issue, very un-sydney-ish, some really nice suburbs

Hate: developing a bit of a reputation for being a drug hole, cbd looks like **** the surf has literally been **** for nearly 6 months now, wish we had a better live music scene

jayceheathman
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Like Brent, I associate 2 places with home.

Leicester:
Like: Big city, lots to do, lots of people my age
Dislike: Lots of idiots

Gloucester:
Like: Chilled out atmosphere, good people, reasonably large city nearby
Dislike: Less to do

So you like the fact that there are a lot of people but dont like the fact that some of those people may be idiots? Idiots come with the territory of there being lots of people.

Houston:
Like: I was born and raised here so its the place I call home. Houston Texans, Rockets, Astros, Dynamo, and Aeros are all here so we have a lot of pro sports teams.

Dislike: There are 6 million people here and none of them want on their reputation that they take public transportation so they all have to drive their own car. When they all try to get some place at the same time it tends to take a little while.

New Mexico:
Like: Besides the school there is nothing to like.

Dislike: Elevation is 3000 ft and there are never clowds around so if you walk outside for more than 15 minutes without sunscreen then you are guaranteed a sunburn. The town is 1/3 college kids and 2/3 retirement homes. I have come to realize that the speed limit is actually 15mph under what the sign says and to this day it drives me crazy.

jballa838
05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally:
Covington/Kent, WA:
Likes: smaller town, great people, decent traffic, great sports scene.
dislikes: I'm not there anymore :(

now:
Lehi, Utah:
Likes: Fastest kid in the school with 2600 students. FOOTLOOSE WAS FILMED NEXT TO MY HIGH SCHOOL!!
dislikes: Boring. Hicks for days.

fischbowl
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Buffalo, NY

Likes: It's home and they call it the city of good neighbors for a reason. If you like a healthy combination of small town ambience and city lifestyle, Buffalo is a fantastic place for that.

Dislikes: Weather, maybe, but you get used to it.

NY, NY

Dislikes: People. Traffic. Jets. Yankees

YAYareaRB
05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally:
Covington/Kent, WA:
Likes: smaller town, great people, decent traffic, great sports scene.
dislikes: I'm not there anymore :(

now:
Lehi, Utah:
Likes: Fastest kid in the school with 2600 students. FOOTLOOSE WAS FILMED NEXT TO MY HIGH SCHOOL!!
dislikes: Boring. Hicks for days.

For some odd reason I enjoy my visits to Utah.

yodabear
05-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Milwaukee, WI (Current kinda hometown and College)

Love: Being just minutes from two professional teams (and yes the Bucks do count, some people don't). I may not be a Brewer fan, but Miller Park is a kick ass place to go see a baseball game, if I had money and more time, I'd prolly go to every one of their home game of theirs when school is in session. And everyone for the most part are very nice, and don't give me too much **** for being a Cardinal fan.

Hate: Prolly all the buses, even though thats how I kinda get around.

Winona, MN: Birthplace and Summer home

Love: Ummmmmmm, this was hard. Well, its Minnesota, we have nice lakes here, a rivertown, nice bluffs. Also, we are only 2 hours away from the Cities, an hour and a half from water park capital of the world: Wisconsin Dells, an hour to Treasure Island (a casino), and 18 year olds can gamble in Minny. A hour from Rochester, MN and half hour from LaCrosse, WI, they have some nice places to go. And it is a cool place cuz it is a pretty good split of Packer and Viking fans.

Dislike: There is not a whole lot to do in Winona, really kinda have to go elsewhere, or the movies.

AND IN BOTH: I hate the weather in the winter. Too cold. Although I like the weather in spring, summer, and fall. Its really quite pleasent.

JHG722
05-12-2009, 01:36 AM
I'd definitely live in Minnesota if the winters were not so horrible.

niel89
05-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Salinas, Ca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salinas,_California)

Love: Great mexican food, close to the ocean, never too hot and never too cold, just feels like home to me, ~5.5hrs to snow or LA

Hate: Gangs and crime in some areas, lots of farming, not really a ton of stuff to do in town, we make a lot of lettuce (over 80% of the US lettuce and I hate lettuce)

fenikz
05-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Love the city hate the snowbirds and californians

Addict
05-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Salinas, Ca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salinas,_California)

Love: Great mexican food, close to the ocean, never too hot and never too cold, just feels like home to me, ~5.5hrs to snow or LA

Hate: Gangs and crime in some areas, lots of farming, not really a ton of stuff to do in town, we make a lot of lettuce (over 80% of the US lettuce and I hate lettuce)

you hate lettuce? how?

yourfavestoner
05-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Chino Hills, CA
- 30 minutes away from downtown LA (this is huge to me)
- you can get to the beach or the mountains within an hour
- about an hour and a half away from San Diego (my true love)
- we've got the good stuff for whatever vice you may have
- there is ALWAYS something to do. ALWAYS.
- our girls are prettier than your's
- beautiful weather
- the best basketball player in the world plays here almost every night

Dislikes
- **** tha police who have nothing to do but bust kids and raid houses
- It's southern California. People are fake and will stab you in the back to get ahead.
- TRAFFIC

I love SoCal, and I would never leave to live somewhere else. Except maybe Miami.

vikes_28
05-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I wish i could live in a better place than south dakota :(

sweetness34
05-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Bloomington:

Love - The cornfields? I mean it is a pretty nice and quiet area, no violence and not much gang activity, great place to raise a family.

Hate - Boring, boring, boring. It's a college town but there is absolutely nothing to do around here.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Middle of nowhere, Illinois

Love- Super Wal-Mart, Abe Lincoln stayed in a run down hotel here and gave a speech

Hate- Everyone knows everybodies business, most people grow up and die here, nearest civilizations are an hour away every direction, intolerant rednecks

Xonraider
05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Panama:
Love: You can do anything, any time, any moment. You can be 14 and go and buy alcohol at the store, or go to a night club, or get a prostitute.

Hate: Everyone knows everything. Its such a small city... its very hard to keep a secret or prevent anyone from knowing anything

TitleTown088
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Panama:
Love: Blow, Canal

Correction

awfullyquiet
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Correction

that's what i was inclined to believe

niel89
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
you hate lettuce? how?
I dislike the crunch from it. I've tried eating it twice. It tastes like Im eating cell walls

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I dislike the crunch from it. I've tried eating it twice. It tastes like Im eating cell walls
wow, only ate lettuce twice in your life? wtf?

niel89
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
wow, only ate lettuce twice in your life? wtf?

Its terrible, I avoid eating any vegetable that crunches and most fruits. I only really eat them if they are soft like in a stew. I wish did eat them more so I could grow a little more

ccB
05-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Baltimore, Maryland:

LIKE: In the same city as my favorite sports teams, O's games for under $10, plenty of **** to do, nice weather, all 4 seasons, close enough to the beach/ocean, but equally as close to the Mountains/Wilderness.

DISLIKE: Junkies, crime, ****'s with STD's

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 03:03 PM
What's not to love about SD? Blue skies and perfect beaches, great substances it would be illegal to promote or mention on this site if you can avoid the breeds strictly from mexico. Oh yah and boobies.

sbh15
05-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Well I only lived in my birthplace for 6 years... there was nothing to do there.

Now I live in Raleigh, NC. Still nothing to do.

jayceheathman
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Chino Hills, CA
- 30 minutes away from downtown LA (this is huge to me)
- you can get to the beach or the mountains within an hour
- about an hour and a half away from San Diego (my true love)
- we've got the good stuff for whatever vice you may have
- there is ALWAYS something to do. ALWAYS.
- our girls are prettier than your's
- beautiful weather
- the best basketball player in the world plays here almost every night

Dislikes
- **** tha police who have nothing to do but bust kids and raid houses
- It's southern California. People are fake and will stab you in the back to get ahead.
- TRAFFIC

I love SoCal, and I would never leave to live somewhere else. Except maybe Miami.

Maybe after they are done spending their usual $100,000 on plastic surgery.

jayceheathman
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Its terrible, I avoid eating any vegetable that crunches and most fruits. I only really eat them if they are soft like in a stew. I wish did eat them more so I could grow a little more

My dad told my grandma that she needs to start eating more fruits and vegetables and she said "I am 91 years old and all the people I know that ate vegetables are dead." check and mate.

sbh15
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Well I only lived in my birthplace for 6 years... there was nothing to do there.

Now I live in Raleigh, NC. Still nothing to do.

I've also lived in Texas (best place, but humid as ****) and a desert in Washington state (I wanted to kill myslef). The biggest news to come out of where I lived was the "Kennewick Man". I bet you haven't even heard of it.

Brent
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah but the ones here are fake and way too religious.

yourfavestoner
05-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Don't be jealous ;) Our girls really are just born that hot. You're confusing our young kitty cats with their cougar mothers. They're the ones who are hot after having their plastic surgery done.

It's common knowledge that the further away you get from the ocean, the uglier and fatter the girls get.

jkpigskin
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Baltimore:

Love: the people, and sports culture. Can't wait for the O's to become relevant again. And that our highways are not fast (i am not an aggressive driver)

Hate: I sometimes hate the weather. And the crime and pathetic school system

Brent
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
It's common knowledge that the further away you get from the ocean, the uglier and fatter the girls get.
Considering that Houston has one of the highest rates of obesity, I am going to say that's terribly false.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Don't be jealous ;) Our girls really are just born that hot. You're confusing our young kitty cats with their cougar mothers. They're the ones who are hot after having their plastic surgery done.

Cosign. Diego baby!

JHG722
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Considering that Houston has one of the highest rates of obesity, I am going to say that's terribly false.

Likewise with Philly.

Staubach12
05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Nashville

Positives:
-A little history, which is nice
-Great if you like country music
-The people are friendly
-The homeless people are friendly and VERY talented.
-Street performers are good (see above)
-Cops aren't too bad unless you're in Bellmeade or Hendersonville
-Not too much crime
-The weather is moderate in the spring and fall
-There are some excellent magnet schools (two in the top-50 nationwide for public schools)
-There are some very good public schools depending on your location
-Old Hickory lake, which is fun
-Some great landscape with the hills and such
-The Cumberland River runs right through downtown
-There's bodies of water all over the place, really
-The Vanderbilt area is fun
-Some good parks, especially Centennial, which is home to the Parthanon

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Sucks if you don't like country music
-Low speed limits
-People cannot drive here
-REDNECKS!
-Hot as balls in the summer, cold as balls in the winter
-People assume you're a hick when you tell them from Nashville
-There are some very horrible public schools depending on your location

vikes_28
05-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Nashville

Positives:
-The people are friendly
-Not too much crime
-There are some excellent magnet schools (two in the top-50 nationwide for public schools)

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Low speed limits
-REDNECKS!

If you think its cold there then come to south dakota

TitleTown088
05-13-2009, 08:54 AM

If you think it's cold as hell there then come up north a bit more. Seriously. MN is much colder than SD. I'm so glad spring is started to show.

vikes_28
05-13-2009, 08:57 AM
If you think it's cold as hell there then come up north a bit more. Seriously. MN is much colder than SD. I'm so glad spring is started to show.

I was up in Duluth 4 years ago and it was the dead middle of summer and like 50 degrees.

TitleTown088
05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I was up in Duluth 4 years ago and it was the dead middle of summer and like 50 degrees.

Try winter some time. I dare ya. Here is some Minnesota humor, man they're weird/cheesy.

Official Minnesota temperature conversion chart

60 above - New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
50 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
40 above - Italian and English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
32 above - Distilled water freezes. Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker.
20 above - Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above - Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets too cold.
Zero - People in Miami start to expire. Minnesotans lick the flagpole.
20 below - Iowans fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Minnesota Girl Scouts are selling cookies door to door.
60 below - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone "winter survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80 below - Mount St. Helens freezes. People in Minnesota rent some videos.
100 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
297 below - Microbial life no longer survives in dairy products. Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.
460 below - All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale). People in Minnesota start saying, "Cold nuff for ya?"
500 below - Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.

Canadian_kid16
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Sudbury, Ontario

-perfect city size. Has areas where you can get alot of shopping done, but also areas where it feels very quaint (sp?) and intimate.
- enough to do so that you can't get bored
- cops don't care a whole lot about the amount of parties or how loud they get
- friendly people
- only four hours away from TO
- not much crime, at least not where I live

Dislikes:
- four hours away from TO and the closest major sports teams
- the roads here are the worst in Ontario, possibly even in Canada
- not a whole heck of alot of job opportunities
- the whole city seems very spread out...have to drive at least 20 minutes for the best golf course and 30 for the best shopping areas

awfullyquiet
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM

or anywhere north of the mason/dixon.

cold as balls and nashville do not go hand in hand.

it was below 0 for around a full month here in chicago.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Nashville

Positives:
-The people are friendly
-Not too much crime

Negatives:
-Night life is meh
-Low speed limits
-REDNECKS!

I would love it in Nashville, except for the Heat in the summer, other than that, there really is nothing that bugs me too much.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Try winter some time. I dare ya. Here is some Minnesota humor, man they're weird/cheesy.

Official Minnesota temperature conversion chart

60 above - New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
50 above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
40 above - Italian and English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.
32 above - Distilled water freezes. Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker.
20 above - Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above - Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets too cold.
Zero - People in Miami start to expire. Minnesotans lick the flagpole.
20 below - Iowans fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Minnesota Girl Scouts are selling cookies door to door.
60 below - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone "winter survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80 below - Mount St. Helens freezes. People in Minnesota rent some videos.
100 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.
297 below - Microbial life no longer survives in dairy products. Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.
460 below - All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale). People in Minnesota start saying, "Cold nuff for ya?"
500 below - Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.

That had me laughing my ass off just about all the way through. +rep

Edit: Well I must spread some rep first... i have now given out too much rep... I'll hit you up if i remember TT.

CashmoneyDrew
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I really don't find Nashville to be that cold in the winter TBH. Night life just really depends on where you are. There's also lots of good food and shopping places. I don't notice the rednecks as much, but maybe I'm immune since I've lived here most of my life. There are some really pitiful drivers here though.

themaninblack
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Cincinnati, OH:

-Plenty to do
-Not far from OSU and OU for partying plus UC is no slouch.
-Awesome Zoo/Museums
-Literally five minutes away from major sporting events(Reds, Bengals, Cyclones)
-Pretty good sports tradition at almost every level except the NFL.
-People are generally pretty down to earth and nice.

Dislikes:
-Downtown is pretty lame though the new Banks project should be pretty sweet.
-Borders Kentucky
-Weather and by that I mean we experience a huge difference with the changing of the seasons. Summers are very hot and humid while the winters can get pretty darn cold. Almost never really comfortable.
-People are pretty ignorant around here. Especially when it comes to sports.
-Cops are big time assholes especially within the city limits. Probably has something to do with the fact that most of them are German(Gestapo?). Haha jk, but they are absolute dicks.