LB- Shaun Phillips (SD)

CB-Nmadi Asomougha (OAK)
CB-Champ Bailey (DEN)
CB-Chris Johnson (OAK)
S- Brian Dawkins (DEN)
S- Renaldo Hill (DEN)

farfromforgotten
05-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I went with the East. Brady would put up some mad passing numbers with those WRs. I also like the fact that they have 12 defensive players.

Edit: I just realized the West has 13 players on offense. So much for that advantage. I guess you werent just mentioning the best 22 players while making this list?

thetedginnshow
05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Someone explain to me why Poz and Koppen are in there over Mangold and Harris. Or why anyone is over Kerry Rhodes.

Rob S
05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah. I think its the East. I have to admit I didnt look it over that closely, but when I read the teams over the East jumped out at me more. It makes sense too considering the quality in each division imo.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Someone explain to me why Poz and Koppen are in there over Mangold and Harris. Or why anyone is over Kerry Rhodes.

How about you just go with what the teams are instead of making **** complicated.

YAYareaRB
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Shouldn't Ronnie Brown be in there.. Somewhere?

Are you doing this for all divisions? like a tournament type thing?

Rob S
05-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Well, it depends on the scheme for Poz, but I agree Mangold and Rhodes should be in there fore sure. Whitner should move to SS (which is his position anyway).

Rob S
05-11-2009, 11:11 PM

You could argue for him, but Lynch and Jones certainly have an argument as well.

the decider13
05-11-2009, 11:13 PM
son of a B...I knew no one would vote west.

thetedginnshow
05-11-2009, 11:21 PM
How about you just go with what the teams are instead of making **** complicated.

I'm just saying. I think it's called an All-Pro Team for a reason. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

yodabear
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
AFC West has some stars. But there is a reason an 8-8 team can win the division. But with Brady, that receiving crop, and offensive line: YIKES!

XxXdragonXxX
05-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Shouldnt the AFC West be playing a 3-4 defense? Most of their players are from San Diego...

Drop Burgess back to OLB, Williams at NT, Kelly and Castillo at DE. That would be a nice defense with Burgess and Merriman giving Brady no time to throw (I dont think even that OL would stop a front 7 like that), Nnamdi and Champ would be getting picks left and right.

CC.SD
05-11-2009, 11:42 PM
It might appear initially to be in favor of the east but seriously, Champ and Nnamdi? With Merriman and co. rushing? Not easy even with those receivers.
The West Offense is no slouch either.

Bengalsrocket
05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I voted West, but only cuz you left Scifres out and he would punt them to a victory :)

East is way more talented, and if you counted coaches I'm sure they'd be even better. Seems like a fairly stupid thread idea.

"Hey guys, who do you think would win, our local high school team or a professional team!"

Bengalsrocket
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Also, as stated earlier, a lot of these players on the original post's list are not what I, or some others, would consider the "best".

Sure Ronnie Brown is prone to injuries, but if we're just playing a one game exhibition match, then I think it's worth the risk to put him on the roster over Jones.

Meanwhile the AFC east doesn't have a TE or a FB on the original poster's list (A guy like Anthony Fasano, while not being a big name, could help out a team that has zero tight ends apparently :P).

Crickett
05-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Sure Ronnie Brown is prone to injuries, but if we're just playing a one game exhibition match, then I think it's worth the risk to put him on the roster over Jones.

Jones - AFC leading rusher.

Donno
05-12-2009, 02:49 AM
I would rather have Ronnie Brown, hes just someone I can really trust with the ball every 3 downs, unless hes injured.

Bengalsrocket
05-12-2009, 03:59 AM
Jones - AFC leading rusher.

Better pure rusher, less of a receiver (and passer... lol). You take your total yards, I'll take my versatility I guess.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Thomas Jones:
36 receptions, 207 yards, 2 Tds

Ronnie Brown
33 Receptions, 254 yards, 0 Tds

j05son
05-12-2009, 04:22 AM
son of a B...I knew no one would vote west.

I personally thought the AFC West is the better team here..

Bengalsrocket
05-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Thomas Jones:
36 receptions, 207 yards, 2 Tds

Ronnie Brown
33 Receptions, 254 yards, 0 Tds

I don't get the point here?

Are you arguing how similar they are? Are you trying to say Jones is better because he has 2 TDs? Are you trying to say Ronnie Brown is better because he has 1.9 more ypc?

Thomas Jones was .2 yards per a run better than Ronnie Brown.
Thomas Jones was 3 rushing touchdowns better than Ronnie Brown.

Ronnie Brown was 1.9 yards per a catch better than Thomas Jones.
Thomas Jones was 2 receiving touchdowns better than Ronnie Brown.

Ronnie Brown was 13.7 yards per a throw better than Thomas Jones.
Ronnie Brown was 1 passing touchdown better than Thomas Jones.

my point being is that they had similar enough stats that it's hard to say any one of our opinion's is wrong on the matter. I personally like what Ronnie Brown brings to the table more than Thomas Jones, but I don't think Thomas Jones is a bad running back or anything.

Also, my original point is, the topic says "AFC West v. AFC East". Except the original poster's teams doesn't fall in line with what everyone would regard as the "best" from each division.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-12-2009, 06:32 AM
How exactly is the AFC West beating the East? This should be a blowout. Also, maybe we should have each division agree on there all pro roster in there divsion thread and then PM it to the guy in charge to post it up. Just my $0.02

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't get the point here?

Are you arguing how similar they are? Are you trying to say Jones is better because he has 2 TDs? Are you trying to say Ronnie Brown is better because he has 1.9 more ypc?

Thomas Jones was .2 yards per a run better than Ronnie Brown.
Thomas Jones was 3 rushing touchdowns better than Ronnie Brown.

Ronnie Brown was 1.9 yards per a catch better than Thomas Jones.
Thomas Jones was 2 receiving touchdowns better than Ronnie Brown.

Ronnie Brown was 13.7 yards per a throw better than Thomas Jones.
Ronnie Brown was 1 passing touchdown better than Thomas Jones.

my point being is that they had similar enough stats that it's hard to say any one of our opinion's is wrong on the matter. I personally like what Ronnie Brown brings to the table more than Thomas Jones, but I don't think Thomas Jones is a bad running back or anything.

Also, my original point is, the topic says "AFC West v. AFC East". Except the original poster's teams doesn't fall in line with what everyone would regard as the "best" from each division.
u said Ronnie Brown gives u more of a receiving threat.
I tried to show that Thomas Jones is no slouch at receiving. I understand your argument, but i dont see how you can say Ronnie brings more to the table. I think they are pretty close but i dont get your argument

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 08:28 AM
I think the West should be destroying the East. Tom Brady or not, Champ and Aso, if Champ is fully healthy they are covering both Moss and whoever the other WR is like glue. Brady won't have anyone to through it to.

Maybe it is just me but Aso+Champ >>>>>> Moss+Owens

And if you are going to have 3 WR's for the East, you need 3 CB's for the West.

And Chris Johnson, could probably cover Wes Welker MOST of the time. If he continues on his path of awesomeness.

bored of education
05-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Bernard Pollard would just injury every QB until Ryan Fitzpatrick is the AFC East's QB. (seriously why is Bernard starting though, I'd rather have Page as an SS because he doesn't wiff on every other tackle)

tjsunstein
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I would like the West if the East offense wasn't so god damn stacked.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
i just dont like the 4-3 defense for that team

bored of education
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM

well just think about what would be the best for that division and make up your own...obviously dont use that mickey mouse D that was thrown together :D

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM

I am. Next time, though, I'm going to have it where each team has 11 players.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I thought the West would get dominated until I saw Champ and Aso both at corner, I think that would be a sick enough combo to shut any WR's in the game down at their best...They have enough offense to score, and if they can get a decent pass-rush with their corners their defense would win the game.

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I thought the West would get dominated until I saw Champ and Aso both at corner, I think that would be a sick enough combo to shut any WR's in the game down at their best...They have enough offense to score, and if they can get a decent pass-rush with their corners their defense would win the game.
Exactly my thinking. West would win simply because of those two.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
If I would've looked over the rosters I would have had it where the AFC West ran a 3-4. 1 team runs it already and 2 are converting to it. Plus that 4-3 D for them is pretty weak.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Exactly my thinking. West would win simply because of those two.

Moss & TO vs Aso & Champ would be epic stuff though.

TitleTown088
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
wrong thread.

the decider13
05-12-2009, 11:31 AM

Then imagine the LBs as Phillips Howard Williams Merriman. This is the team I threw together and I only had one request to change and I did. If you all had a problem with the team, it should have been said in the other thread where it was originally posted.

At the time I said I would just use the 2 best DTs, DEs, and the 3 best LBs since there was a mix of defense in the division.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
It would have to be the AFC East. The offense would be scary, with all the coverage needed for Moss and TO, Welker would have a field day. The East secondary is a little shaky outside of Revis but it would be too tough to score as many points as the East

05-12-2009, 11:53 AM
It would have to be the AFC East. The offense would be scary, with all the coverage needed for Moss and TO, Welker would have a field day. The East secondary is a little shaky outside of Revis but it would be too tough to score as many points as the East

Not if you slotted in Chris Johnson at nickel. If we're looking only at individual players and forgetting the teams in either division, it is much closer than it probably first appears. Champ and Aso would shut down Moss and TO, easily. Champ himself runs better routes than Moss.

the decider13
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
AFC West
QB-Philip Rivers (SD)
RB-Ladanian Tomlinson (SD)
RB-Larry Johnson (KC)
WR-Brandon Marshall (DEN)
WR-Dwayne Bowe (KC)
WR-Chris Chambers (SD)
TE- Antonio Gates (SD)

LT- Ryan Clady (DEN)
LG-Kris Dielman (SD)
C-Nick Hardwick(SD)
RG-Robert Gallery (OAK)
RT-Ryan Harris (DEN)

DE-Tommy Kelly (OAK)
DT-Jamal Williams (SD)
DE-Luis Castillo (SD)

LB- Shawn Merriman (SD)
LB-Thomas Howard (OAK)
LB-DJ Williams (DEN)
LB- Shaun Phillips (SD)

CB-Nmadi Asomougha (OAK)
CB-Champ Bailey (DEN)
CB-Chris Johnson (OAK)
S- Brian Dawkins (DEN)
S- Renaldo Hill (DEN)

05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I like that roster a lot better! Great job.

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Not if you slotted in Chris Johnson at nickel. If we're looking only at individual players and forgetting the teams in either division, it is much closer than it probably first appears. Champ and Aso would shut down Moss and TO, easily. Champ himself runs better routes than Moss.
This is truth. Aso would stick to TO like glue and Champ would manhandle Moss to the point of Moss crying. We all know Moss hates to be touched.

And the_deciders team is win.

the decider13
05-12-2009, 12:09 PM
This is truth. Aso would stick to TO like glue and Champ would manhandle Moss to the point of Moss crying. We all know Moss hates to be touched.

And the_deciders team is win.

hahaha both teams are mine...but I like the second one much better

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
hahaha both teams are mine...but I like the second one much better
Yea, that second AFC West team has a chance to go all the way. That defense is scary. I'm thinking thats the best defense that is gonna be created.....MAYBE AFC North will give it a run, but it will be hard.

Actually, I forgot people are just seeing Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and TO and voting....oh well.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Yea, that second AFC West team has a chance to go all the way. That defense is scary. I'm thinking thats the best defense that is gonna be created.....MAYBE AFC North will give it a run, but it will be hard.

Actually, I forgot people are just seeing Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and TO and voting....oh well.
NFC North Defense ftw!

Crickett
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
This is truth. Aso would stick to TO like glue and Champ would manhandle Moss to the point of Moss crying.

This made me lol.

Rob S
05-12-2009, 12:21 PM
East would also run a 3-4 considering 3 of 4 teams employ it. Something like this I would say:

Warren---Wilfork---Seymour

Porter------Mayo-------Harris------Pace/Thomas

thenewfeature06
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
T.O. and Randy...together...unstoppable

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 12:28 PM
T.O. and Randy...together...unstoppable
unless ur name is Nnamdi Bailey!

the decider13
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
unless ur name is Nnamdi Bailey!

I think every team would just quit if they had to face them with Dawkins roaming around.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
If Nnamdi was on T.O then fair enough he will shut him down because he is a big physical presence who will jam him at the line, exactly what Owens doesn't like. Champ is still great but hasn't been fully healthy for a long time and while he did pretty well against Moss this year he didn't play the whole game. Plus safety in the West team would be a liability and despite how good both CBs are they would still need help. And Johnson is a very good CB but Welker has averaged 110 plus receptions the last two years and is virtually uncoverable on this 8-13 option routes he runs with the Patriots.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 01:08 PM
The East for me, that defense is bretty good, the front 7 is good againt the run, to say the least, and the secondary takes care of the pass pretty well, though I think the defense would be vulnerable to some short passes, there is a lot to like about the East defense, and thats not even mentioning all the wepans for Brady to throw to, as well as a damn good OL.

jth1331
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
East bias much?
This would turn out to be a good, close game. You can say the East offense is slightly better than the West, but the West's defense is slightly better than the East's.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Jammer has a damn good history against both Moss and Owens as well, he's the guy I would throw in as the nickelback. Let him pummel Welker at the LOS.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I know Rhodes didn't have the best season, but i'd still take him over Bell/Whitner. Just saying.

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
diabsoule, are you just gonna do 2 a day?? or whenever you can get a almost concensus, going ahead and putting them up??

05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Jammer has a damn good history against both Moss and Owens as well, he's the guy I would throw in as the nickelback. Let him pummel Welker at the LOS.

Chris Johnson is a very physical corner in his own right, that sometimes is an overlooked aspect of his game because of his tremendous coverage abilities. Any corner who can hold his own consistently in a Cover-0 defense is no pushover.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Chris Johnson is a very physical corner in his own right, that sometimes is an overlooked aspect of his game because of his tremendous coverage abilities. Any corner who can hold his own consistently in a Cover-0 defense is no pushover.

I agree, and I wasn't trying to slight CJ. I just know that eventually any decent OC will find a way to get Moss/Owens on the nickelback and Jammer has done well with both of them before.

bored of education
05-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Jammer Johnson Flowers Cromartie are some decent back ups ;)

Crickett
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM
East bias much?
This would turn out to be a good, close game. You can say the East offense is slightly better than the West, but the West's defense is slightly better than the East's.

No, the West's defense is not slightly better, in fact, I'd go so far as to say the only place the West has the edge on defense is 1/2 of the secondary (Bailey vs. McGee and Dawkins vs. whoever) and Shaun Phillips vs. Calvin Pace (which is debatable). Otherwise the East has the edge or push all over their defense.

05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
No, the West's defense is not slightly better, in fact, I'd go so far as to say the only place the West has the edge on defense is 1/2 of the secondary (Bailey vs. McGee and Dawkins vs. whoever) and Shaun Phillips vs. Calvin Pace (which is debatable). Otherwise the East has the edge or push all over their defense.

You did not just put Aso and Revis in the same category as a player, and I love Revis. Now I have a reason to feel slighted. CJ / Jammer at nickel, okay ... BUT this ..

Crickett
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
You did not just put Aso and Revis in the same category as a player

Yeah, I might be giving Aso too much credit there. :D

Seriously, Revis is clearly a top 5 corner, and IMO, better than that.

05-12-2009, 02:55 PM

I'm not even going to bother any further .......

Oh, and I never said Revis wasn't a top five corner either.

bored of education
05-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Seriously, Revis is clearly a top 5 corner, and IMO, better than that.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what? better than top 5? I like revis a lot but Aso is to Revis is like sex is to hand jobs

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what? better than top 5? I like revis a lot but Aso is to Revis is like sex is to hand jobs
best analogy ever

Crickett
whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what? better than top 5?

Well, to put it another way, if I had my choice to exchange Revis off of the Jets for any other cornerback in the league..... I'd keep Revis.

bored of education
im not taking any credit away from hand jobs

Xonraider
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM

thats like the best post i've read in my life

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 03:07 PM
diabsoule, are you just gonna do 2 a day?? or whenever you can get a almost concensus, going ahead and putting them up??

Pretty much whenever there's a clear cut favorite. Probably around seven pm tonight this vote will pretty much be over and tomorrow the AFC North vs. AFC South matchup will be posted.

cdub11
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Brady with those 3 receivers and a run game... AFC East

the decider13
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM

That would have definately been the easiest analogy to get on the SATs.

SuperKevin
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
No Roscoe Parrish at PR makes me sad. He only has been the best PR in the league for 2 years now

Bills2083
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
No Roscoe Parrish at PR makes me sad. He only has been the best PR in the league for 2 years now

Roscoe Parrish has the best punt return average in the history of the NFL.
He should be on there, hands down.

I know Rhodes didn't have the best season, but i'd still take him over Bell/Whitner. Just saying.

I agree completely.
Kerry Rhodes is the best safety in the AFC East.

bernbabybern820
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Nnamdi doesn't really have the speed to cover Randy but Champ would probably do an effective job in covering him.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
2 years ago Hester!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Nnamdi doesn't really have the speed to cover Randy but Champ would probably do an effective job in covering him.

????

Aso was drafted by the Raiders, so i wouldn't doubt his speed, if that is what you are saying.

Aso > Revis - which speaks to how good Aso is, the guy is an absolute monster. I'd challenge him to Bailey in his prime. He's got the great size/speed combo to go along with the sick cover skills. Crazy to think that he's on the Raiders, and he still gets lots of love. Imagine him on a team that was relevant for reasons other than the crazy owner....

the decider13
05-12-2009, 04:27 PM
????

Aso was drafted by the Raiders, so i wouldn't doubt his speed, if that is what you are saying.

Aso > Revis - which speaks to how good Aso is, the guy is an absolute monster. I'd challenge him to Bailey in his prime. He's got the great size/speed combo to go along with the sick cover skills. Crazy to think that he's on the Raiders, and he still gets lots of love. Imagine him on a team that was relevant for reasons other than the crazy owner....

Agreed...Aso on any competitive team would be crazy.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 04:30 PM

Moss had a decent day when he was against Nnamdi this year, not mind blowing but no one does against Aso. Bailey can be physical enough to put Moss off his stride but I don't think he has the catch up speed anymore if he does get beaten at the line of scrimmage

the decider13
05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Moss had a decent day when he was against Nnamdi this year, not mind blowing but no one does against Aso. Bailey can be physical enough to put Moss off his stride but I don't think he has the catch up speed anymore if he does get beaten at the line of scrimmage

I think Bailey still has the catch up speed, last season wasn't a very good picture of where is is right now. He injured his groin pretty early in the season (against moss) and was never the same. Up until that point though, he was as good as ever.

bored of education
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Question: Aso now or Champ from 2004-6ish?

Ill go Champ but Champ <3

05-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Of the five catches Moss caught in the Oakland game, two of them came against Nnamdi. The two TDs came against Rashad Baker and Gibril Wilson.

It's funny that this individual matchup is mentioned because to this day Nnamdi still credits Moss as largely responsible for his emergence into an elite cover corner.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Of the five catches Moss caught in the Oakland game, two of them came against Nnamdi. The two TDs came against Rashad Baker and Gibril Wilson.

It's funny that this individual matchup is mentioned because to this day Nnamdi still credits Moss as largely responsible for his emergence into an elite cover corner.

I thought one of his TDs was against Aso but I could very well be wrong. Yea I remember him saying just something like that before the game. See, and Raiders fans thought it was all bad when he was there

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
This has been decided.

The AFC Est team will move on to face the winner of the AFC North/AFC South matchup.