ILB: Patrick Willis (SF)
OLB: Leroy Hill (SEA)
CB: Marcus Trufant (SEA)
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (ARZ)
FS: O.J Atogwe (STL)
SS: Adrian Wilson (AZ)

Sniper
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
The NFC Beast would probably go to a nickel or dime package with all of the sick corners in the division.

Also, I assume Adrian Wilson is the NFC West's SS? There's no SS listed.

Wait, Eli is the East's QB? Seriously?

YAYareaRB
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM

The NFC Best doesn't need a SS.. that's how awesome we are!

Sniper
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
The NFC Best doesn't need a SS.. that's how awesome we are!

Three teams in the top 10. Yeah, you're awesome.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
The NFC Beast would probably go to a nickel or dime package with all of the sick corners in the division.

Wait, Eli is the East's QB? Seriously?

Well is this a big time game? If it is I'd take Eli, if it's a regular season game I'd take McNabb. I got no issue with that.

But our defense alone would smash the West alone!

brat316
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Well except for the fact that Ware would be the only weakness.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe I missed how the teams were picked, because Cory Webster & Sheldon Brown over Terrance Newman? ok. That makes the East looker weaker if your only listing two.

I think the West would smash us with Fitz and Boldin and Steven Jackson in the mix...Their corners look like they would shut our WR's down completely and theirs look like they would tear us a new one.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Eli is the QB. Donovan is a choke artist. He can win in the regular season, err, well he has won in the regular season. Iirc, he was benched last season.

I could've put Kevin Kolb as the QB if that would've made you happy.

brat316
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Maybe I missed how the teams were picked, because Cory Webster & Sheldon Brown over Terrance Newman? ok. That makes the East looker weaker if your only listing two.

I think the West would smash us with Fitz and Boldin and Steven Jackson in the mix...Their corners look like they would shut our WR's down completely and theirs look like they would tear us a new one.

Asante should be there.

The East would have all day to throw, their front three a good, but the Lbs they are running for the 3-4 is the weakness.

A 4 man rush from the East could bring enough pressure on that line.

But the East Wrs do suck.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 10:58 AM

I'm only putting two corners and the NFC East's corners are pretty much all on the same page.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Your right I completely forgot about him, Asante and T-New are the two best corners in the division.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Their running game wouldn't be able to move our defensive front. On top of that on third down we can create a pass rushing package of Tuck, Osi, Ware and AH. or another end like Trent Cole. So Tuck, Osi, Cole/AH, Ware/Cole, and if Ware isn't on the DL send him too. I don't see that team doing much. Reminds me of the Pats offense. Good defense will stop a good offense.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
If your favorite corner, linebacker, fullback, or water boy isn't on the roster then just image player "x" on that roster instead of whoever is there as long as their in the division. It's not that difficult... Well, maybe for some of you it is but for most it shouldn't be that difficult.

Obviously, there are only 11 players there. If I was to go through and be like "well, if Tom Coughlin presented that matchup for Ken Whisenhunt then I'm sure they'd go into their dime package and if they went into that package they would need this group of personnel on the field and if Whisenhunt is going to give Coughlin that look then he would need a blocking TE on the field and a slot receiver so he needs those"

Yeah, I'm not doing that.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Your right it's not a big deal, it just stuck out to me, I wasn't harping on it I just made a comment about it but I did forget about Asante initially.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Your right it's not a big deal, it just stuck out to me, I wasn't harping on it I just made a comment about it but I did forget about Asante initially.

I like Asante but I feel Corey Webster has a more well-rounded game. Just think of Asante as the nickel corner and Newman as the dime. And they also sub in and out for Brown and Webster and present different looks.

TitleTown088
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The term NFC Beast makes me want to do something bad. Well maybe not the term itself, but the sens of condescending self- entitlement NFC East fans hold to it. Then again, I'm a Packer fan, we're the worst when it comes to self-entitlement ( well maybe after Cowboy fans).

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Your right I completely forgot about him, Asante and T-New are the two best corners in the division.
Sheldon Brown >>>>>>>>> Asante

Asante is the playmaker, Brown the shutdown corner

the decider13
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
The east defense makes me soooo scared

Sniper
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Both had significantly better seasons than Newman did last year. Someone sent me a PM a while ago regarding CB stats and Brown was ranked the fifth best corner in the NFL last year, and IIRC, Webster was in the top 7. Sheldon's coverage last year was ******* absurd. If he had Asante Samuel's hands, he'd probably be the second best corner in the NFL.

Well except for the fact that Ware would be the only weakness.

Yeah, you're right. The guy who's arguably the NFL's best defender is a weakness. :rolleyes:

Sniper
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM

Truth. Asante is an average to slightly above-average cover corner with amazing ball skills. Sheldon is significantly better in coverage.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Sheldon didnt give up a TD till Fitzgerald started beastin in the NFC Championship game

Sniper
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I like Asante but I feel Corey Webster has a more well-rounded game. Just think of Asante as the nickel corner and Newman as the dime. And they also sub in and out for Brown and Webster and present different looks.

Asante as a nickel corner makes me want to puke. He sucks against the run and is a shoddy tackler. Sheldon in the nickel = EPIC WIN!

The term NFC Beast makes me want to do something bad. Well maybe not the term itself, but the sens of condescending self- entitlement NFC East fans hold to it. Then again, I'm a Packer fan, we're the worst when it comes to self-entitlement ( well maybe after Cowboy fans).

It is what it is. The NFC East is, well, a beast. I got you a present to make you feel better.

z09R3uZinGs

Sniper
05-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Sheldon didnt give up a TD till Fitzgerald started beastin in the NFC Championship game

Ugh, I just threw up. I'm fairly sure Fitzgerald would have manhandled Deion himself this year in the playoffs, though. Hard to fault Sheldon.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Ugh, I just threw up. I'm fairly sure Fitzgerald would have manhandled Deion himself this year in the playoffs, though. Hard to fault Sheldon.
yea it wasnt a knock on Sheldon.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
yea it wasnt a knock on Sheldon.

I know it wasn't. More of a comment on how awesome Fitz is/was.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I know it wasn't. More of a comment on how awesome Fitz is/was.
and Sheldon was ;) to say what it took to beat him

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Both had significantly better seasons than Newman did last year. Someone sent me a PM a while ago regarding CB stats and Brown was ranked the fifth best corner in the NFL last year, and IIRC, Webster was in the top 7. Sheldon's coverage last year was ******* absurd. If he had Asante Samuel's hands, he'd probably be the second best corner in the NFL.

Newman played half of the season hurt, once he got healthy he went back to locking WR's down...I also know Asante's coverage isn't lock down like say Sheldon Brown but his instincts still make him an excellent corner, Ty Law couldn't cover like Deion could but he was still an amazing corner.

I rarely see him get beat on a double move, but he can jump a route or read a QB better then any corner playing right now to me.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Newman played half of the season hurt, once he got healthy he went back to locking WR's down...I also know Asante's coverage isn't lock down like say Sheldon Brown but his instincts still make him an excellent corner, Ty Law couldn't cover like Deion could but he was still an amazing corner.

I rarely see him get beat on a double move, but he can jump a route or read a QB better then any corner playing right now to me.
Devin Hester beat Asante Samuel on a double move i believe

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Both of these teams are very evenly matched. This would be a epic game.

bigbluedefense
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Corey Webster is a boss.

bigbluedefense
05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
i thought id never say that 2 years ago. amazing how much has changed in 2 years.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 01:01 PM

GOW knows his ****...

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Devin Hester beat Asante Samuel on a double move i believe

Asante got beat on a few double moves, I can't remember precisely, but I know it happened at least 4 or 5 times. Luckily we had Quentin Mikell to cover his ass.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 01:20 PM
East wins the line battles, West has the better skill players

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
And games are won in the trenches...

TitleTown088
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
It is what it is. The NFC East is, well, a beast. I got you a present to make you feel better.

z09R3uZinGs

6 to noon. Just like that.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
6 to noon. Just like that.

What does that do? Does that blow your mind? THAT...JUST...HAPPENED!

wacmF9_6WqU

Chief49er
05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Frank Gore is better than S. Jackson and Eric Heitmann is better than Jason Brown.

I would also vote for Justin Smith as DE and Vernon Davis as TE because of better blocking and pure potential.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Smith isn't anywhere near Dockett or Kerney's level

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Frank Gore is better than S. Jackson and Eric Heitmann is better than Jason Brown.

I would also vote for Justin Smith as DE and Vernon Davis as TE because I am a homer.

Fixed it for you.

Only one here that may have a case is Gore......

Chief49er
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Fixed it for you.

Only one here that may have a case is Gore......

lol, dude.

John Carlson, Vernon Davis is a better blocker by far and a bigger threat in passing. He was misused by Mike Martz. You will see this year.

Also, Justin Smith is one of the most underrated DE's in the game. BUT, the other two guys you have on there are damn good so I understand that one.

Jensen
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I thought about putting Gore instead of Jackson, but I feel Jackson is just a better RB. More power runnng, better vision, and I like him catching out of the backfield more. If he could stay healthy ever year and be behind a good O-Line, he could put up 1300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns a year.

terribletowel39
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
lol, dude.

John Carlson, Vernon Davis is a better blocker by far and a bigger threat in passing. He was misused by Mike Martz. You will see this year.

Also, Justin Smith is one of the most underrated DE's in the game.
I know Justin Smith is underrated. He just came over from the Bengals. I watched him twice a year before he went to San Fran. But him being underrated doesn't make him better than Dockett or Kerney.

I will be watching for Vernon Davis. But so far, he hasn't done anything to prove he should be ahead of Carlson.

Sniper
East wins the line battles, West has the better skill players

If by "skill players", you mean "wide receivers", then yeah, you're right.

Chief49er
I thought about putting Gore instead of Jackson, but I feel Jackson is just a better RB. More power runnng, better vision, and I like him catching out of the backfield more. If he could stay healthy ever year and be behind a good O-Line, he could put up 1300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns a year.

Wow, the past three years Frank Gore has had with that passing game and people still don't see it. Plus he has been carrying the load, just wait.

Jensen
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, the past three years Frank Gore has had with that passing game and people still don't see it. Plus he has been carrying the load, just wait.

Look, I understand that you're a 49ers homer, but you aren't going to convince me that Gore is a better RB than Jackson. After watching both of them a lot every year, if given the choice between those two, I would take Jackson easily. Gore is good in his own right, but I don't believe he is better than Jackson. I've given you my reasons why, no need to state them again.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
If by "skill players", you mean "wide receivers", then yeah, you're right.

QB - West
RB - Tie
FB - East
WR West(by a lot)
LB - West
CB - Tie
S - West

Chief49er
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Look, I understand that you're a 49ers homer, but you aren't going to convince me that Gore is a better RB than Jackson. After watching both of them a lot every year, if given the choice between those two, I would take Jackson easily. Gore is good in his own right, but I don't believe he is better than Jackson. I've given you my reasons why, no need to state them again.

I didn't ask you to state anything, I stated my opinion and I don't need your approval to do so. You can run whatever meaningless poll you want to, I am just letting you know I disagree with some of your player choices. Most of them are on the mark, but I think the 49ers have some players that are better than some of those guys.

If Davis had been the only target in that offense like Carlson was because of receiver injuries, Davis would have had a much better year. Plus, Davis is a million times the blocker.

You obviously ran this entire thing off of stats you looked up and not really knowing sqwat.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
CB - Tie
S - West

Fail. Epic fail.

Jensen
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I didn't ask you to state anything, I stated my opinion and I don't need your approval to do so. You can run whatever meaningless poll you want to, I am just letting you know I disagree with some of your player choices. Most of them are on the mark, but I think the 49ers have some players that are better than some of those guys.

If Davis had been the only target in that offense like Carlson was because of receiver injuries, Davis would have had a much better year. Plus, Davis is a million times the blocker.

You obviously ran this entire thing off of stats you looked up and not really knowing sqwat.

I never said you did. I gave you points that supported my argument and you took one and said Gore was a better pass catching RB because...?

I didn't run the poll. I made my own team, not all the players I chose are on there.

I didn't run this thing, I didn't look up stats, and my favorite team is in the NFC West which means I watch the 49ers and Rams the most. Not very good to spew things out like that when you can't even get your own facts straight.

Chief49er
05-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I never said you did. I gave you points that supported my argument and you took one and said Gore was a better pass catching RB because...?

I didn't run the poll. I made my own team, not all the players I chose are on there.

I didn't run this thing, I didn't look up stats, and my favorite team is in the NFC West which means I watch the 49ers and Rams the most. Not very good to spew things out like that when you can't even get your own facts straight.

It's ok, I am allergic to MSG and asprin.

That being said, sorry I thought this was your thread. I love you!

Jensen
05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Fail. Epic fail.

I would take Adrian Wilson over Mikell. I might be a bit of a homer, but I think Wilson is better in pass coverage, better at rushing the QB (when called upon), and he seems to be more of a playmaker than Mikell. Atogwe is very underrated. I would probably call it a push between him and Landry.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I would take Adrian Wilson over Mikell. I might be a bit of a homer, but I think Wilson is better in pass coverage, better at rushing the QB (when called upon), and he seems to be more of a playmaker than Mikell. Atogwe is very underrated. I would probably call it a push between him and Landry.

Define playmaker. Mikell had 93 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 3 picks and 9 pass breakups. Mikell was fantastic in coverage last year. He's the reason why Dawkins played so close to the LOS. Wilson had 75 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 picks and 5 pass breakups. Atogwe is good, but his scheme is different than Landry's, so it's hard to judge Landry strictly off of production.

I really don't think CB is a debate. I think the world of DRC and his potential, but right now Brown + Webster are two of the game's best. When you have Asante Samuel and Terrence Newman on the bench, that says something.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
CB- Sheldon Brown (PHI)
FS- LaRon Landry (WSH)
SS- Quintin Mikell (PHI)
CB- Corey Webster (NYG)

CB: Marcus Trufant (SEA)
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (ARZ)
FS: O.J Atogwe (STL)
SS: Adrian Wilson (AZ)

I would love to hear the explanation as to why the Wests Secondary is better...

Jensen
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Define playmaker. Mikell had 93 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 3 picks and 9 pass breakups. Mikell was fantastic in coverage last year. He's the reason why Dawkins played so close to the LOS. Wilson had 75 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 picks and 5 pass breakups. Atogwe is good, but his scheme is different than Landry's, so it's hard to judge Landry strictly off of production.

I really don't think CB is a debate. I think the world of DRC and his potential, but right now Brown + Webster are two of the game's best. When you have Asante Samuel and Terrence Newman on the bench, that says something.

You got all the stats that make up playmaker to me. I never bothered to look up the stats for Mikell, I was just basing it off watching him a little bit this year. I didn't realize his numbers were that good. I would still probably take Wilson though, but it's probably just because I have watched him more.

I'm not arguing CB. I love DRC, but even I will admit that Brown and Webster are better than DRC and Trufant right now.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
You got all the stats that make up playmaker to me. I never bothered to look up the stats for Mikell, I was just basing it off watching him a little bit this year. I didn't realize his numbers were that good. I would still probably take Wilson though, but it's probably just because I have watched him more.

Fair enough. Wilson is very good, too.

I'm not arguing CB. I love DRC, but even I will admit that Brown and Webster are better than DRC and Trufant right now.

Fenikz was arguing CB.

AntoinCD
05-12-2009, 02:30 PM

I like Mikell and he had a great year but I wouldn't take any SS in the league not named Polamalu over Adrian Wilson, the guy is a flat out beast

Mr. Hero
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I like Mikell and he had a great year but I wouldn't take any SS in the league not named Polamalu over Adrian Wilson, the guy is a flat out beast

And Laron Landry is doing in the NFL what Taylor Mays is doing at USC, but making more plays while doing it. Now as a giants fan I'd love to **** on the skins but Landry's one of the best safeties in the league right now and Atogwe, while under-rated, isn't.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 03:11 PM
And Laron Landry is doing in the NFL what Taylor Mays is doing at USC, but making more plays while doing it. Now as a giants fan I'd love to **** on the skins but Landry's one of the best safeties in the league right now and Atogwe, while under-rated, isn't.

But Wilson is too.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I'd take DRC over every corner in the East and Clements is about on par with the others

and Adrian Wilson is still the best SS in the league imo

cdub11
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I would have McNabb as the East QB, but they still win with Eli

Sniper
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I'd take DRC over every corner in the East and Clements is about on par with the others

Oh good Lord, stop it already. You're being ******* ridiculous. Your homerism is getting out of control.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
it really isn't that bad DRC is a lockdown corner, not many of those in the NFL

05-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Over Brown? Yeah right.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 03:31 PM
you have your opinion i have mine

Sniper
05-12-2009, 03:31 PM
it really isn't that bad DRC is a lockdown corner, not many of those in the NFL

He's still not on the same level as Sheldon Brown, Corey Webster, Asante Samuel, Terrence Newman and maybe even Carlos Rogers.

fenikz
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
id take him over everyone of them

Sniper
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-football/289299-top-50-cbs-nfl.html

2. Corey Webster, New York Giants
Season Totals: 66 attempts, 3.92 YPA, 65.15 Forced INC%, 1 TD, 3 INTs

My two cents: Did Corey Webster seriously not make the Pro Bowl? I have come to terms with the Pro Bowl being absolutely meaningless, but that is just ridiculous. There wasnít an NFC CB to even come close to the level on which Webster played. He led all CBs with a 3.92 YPA, and a 65.15 forced incompletion percentage. The only TD he allowed was to Terrell Owens in a week nine victory.

5. Sheldon Brown, Philadelphia Eagles
Season Totals: 63 attempts, 4.84 YPA, 44.44 Forced INC%, 0 TDs, 1 INT

My two cents: I have been calling Sheldon Brown overrated for a few years now, but he sure did shut me up this season. Among CBs with at least 40 attempts, Brown was behind only Brandon Flowers, Samari Rolle and Corey Webster with a 4.84 YPA. In a must win situation during the Eagles Week 17 game against Dallas, Brown was dominant. Brown was thrown at five times, allowed nine yards, and intercepted a pass.

8. Carlos Rogers, Washington Redskins
Season Totals: 105 attempts, 5.69 YPA, 47.62 Forced INC%, 4 TDs, 2 INTs

My two cents: Itís a shame that his playing time was cut down after the acquisition of the horrible DeAngelo Hall, and when Shawn Springs got healthy. I donít understand how the Redskins could put guys like Hall and Fred Smoot on the field before this guy. Despite being thrown at 105 times (3rd most in NFL) Rogers held his own. His low YPA and high forced incompletion percentage should earn him respect from around the league.

14. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Arizona Cardinals
Season Totals: 76 attempts, 6.41 YPA, 43.42 Forced INC%, 4 TDs, 4 INTs

My two cents: Rodgers-Cromartie was forced into extensive action when starting CB Eric Green couldnít seem to stay healthy. Over his last eight games Rodgers-Cromartie played lights out. Letís look at his numbers over the last half of the season: 4.81 YPA, 45.83 Forced INC%, 0 TDs, 4 INTs. That is exactly what you want out of your rookies, steady improvement. If Rodgers-Cromartie can carry the momentum of his second half into next season, he should be playing in the Pro Bowl as an NFL Sophomore.

20. Asante Samuel, Philadelphia Eagles
Season Totals: 78 attempts, 6.51 YPA, 41.03 Forced INC%, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

My two cents: I would say that Asante Samuel is probably the least deserving player who made the Pro Bowl. Samuel didnít play badly, he just wasnít special. Teammate Sheldon Brown outplayed him to a ridiculous degree, yet Samuel got the Pro Bowl nod because of a couple of highlight reel INTs. Brown had better numbers across the board, save for Samuelís three more INTs. Maybe Samuel and Antoine Winfield can talk about how they stole Pro Bowl spots from two of the best CBs in the league.

So DRC covered better than Samuel but Samuel gets a ton of rep because of his PBU and INT. He wasn't even close to Brown, Webster and Rogers.

Newman's kind of meh because of his injury.

Sniper
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, that site shows just how beastly Nnamdi Asomugha is. He got thrown at 29 times all year. The closest to that in the top 5? Sheldon Brown with 63! Over twice as many.

Mr. Hero
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
But Wilson is too.

Sure, but Wilson is a SS that makes plays closer to the line, that's why he's being compared to Mikell who might not be as good but he's pretty close and was about as good last year. I've considered Mikell a bum for a while but he had a great year and finally put together very good cover skills with his strong in the box game. I think Wilson and Landry are the top two safeties from either division but Mikell is much closer to that group than he is to Atogwe.

DRC's got tremendous upside and was a very good corner, he just wasn't an elite corner and outside of Aso there weren't many corners last year as good as Brown, Webster and Rogers, Newman had a down year because he's injury prone and Samuel was his usual playmaker self. DRC is in the lower part of this group right now, he could be better than all of them but let's see him do it first.

Crickett
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
DRC's got tremendous upside and was a very good corner, he just wasn't an elite corner

He certainly looked like he was an elite corner in the playoffs.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
id take him over everyone of them

And you wouldn't get nearly as good results, at least for now.

If you are talking about in the future, I think DRC has a shot, but not now, he still needs to develop further and fine tune his game a little more.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
i think you guys dont understand fenikz

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM
i think you guys dont understand fenikz

I understand, I'm just trying to refute this while still not wigging out, which I think Sniper has. It seems like feniks has bolstered his opinion on every single Cardinal player since the Superbowl run, and jsut because the team made it to the Superbowl, doesn't necessarily mean all the players suddenly become better than that. They got on a good run and played well in the playoffs, most notably the defense, and that is the reason they made int to the Superbowl. Sometimes you just need to get hot, and they did just that. It doesn't mean they aren't a good team, they are, but it doesn't suddenly make them better than they were perceived before the streak started.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM
nope, u did not

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
nope, u did not

Then I must be educated... inform me GOW, show me the error of my ways...

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
The NFC East team has won against the NFC West team.

They will advance to face the winner of the NFC North/NFC South team.

jkpigskin
05-12-2009, 11:41 PM
o man, nfc west looks good
im just imagining the cardinals offense of last year with steven jackson in it...
and i love the linebackers (lofa and my man patrick willis)

weird that this division is so awful but the players put into one group make up a very solid team

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
o man, nfc west looks good
im just imagining the cardinals offense of last year with steven jackson in it...
and i love the linebackers (lofa and my man patrick willis)

weird that this division is so awful but the players put into one group make up a very solid team

Yeah, their team is extremely solid. They would lose the battle in the trenches, though. If this game was actually played I think it would be close heading into the fourth quarter where finally the NFC East's DLine just starts dominating the NFC West's OL.

YAYareaRB
05-12-2009, 11:56 PM

Funny that you say that..

For the record, in the last 10 years.. No division in the NFL has sent more teams to SuperBowl. Of course, it proves nothing. Just something to think about since most NFL fans would consider the NFC West as the weakest division in football.

jkpigskin
05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, their team is extremely solid. They would lose the battle in the trenches, though. If this game was actually played I think it would be close heading into the fourth quarter where finally the NFC East's DLine just starts dominating the NFC West's OL.

yea, your right, i got blinded by the strength of that offense at the skill position.
but if you lose the battle of the trenches, esp with that Dline the nfc east has, they will be all over warner..
and sorry for posting after it was done.. i had just seen it.

fenikz
05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
nope, u did not

lol renji knows whats going on

NY+Giants=NYG
05-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Wow, that site shows just how beastly Nnamdi Asomugha is. He got thrown at 29 times all year. The closest to that in the top 5? Sheldon Brown with 63! Over twice as many.

I agree with you on your stuff, but someone used that site on our BBI, giants board, and I will say, take that site with a grain of salt too. I would rather rely on film and tape then sites like that. And this is coming from someone who really likes that site and how they break stuff down.

Sniper
05-13-2009, 08:50 AM

For the record, in the last 10 years.. No division in the NFL has sent more teams to SuperBowl. Of course, it proves nothing. Just something to think about since most NFL fans would consider the NFC West as the weakest division in football.

Yeah, but look at this year as an example. They had the Cardinals in the Super Bowl but they also had three teams in the top 10 of the draft. The average NFC West draft spot was 11.75 which is grossly inflated by the Cardinals' Super Bowl appearance. The NFC East had an average draft position of 20.75.

Then look at games against each other...

Giants went 4-0 against the West
Eagles went 4-1 against the West (incl. NFCCG)
Dallas went 2-2 against the West
Redskins went 2-2 against the West (Seriously? Losses to the Rams AND Niners?)

So the NFC East went 12-5 against the West this year. Not too shabby.

YAYareaRB
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I was reading a preview of the 49ers and write brought that up. I never knew that.

Malaka
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM

I already made a thread discussing how the NFC west is not the weakest division in football :D!

etk
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm not liking the NFC West personnel for the 3-4.

Also, Osi, Tuck and Ware will cause a lot of trouble for Warner, and Carlson isn't the best outlet.

fenikz
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
everyone said that all post season and only the steelers got pressure on him

YAYareaRB
05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I think most of you are basing the trenches war off of names because in fact.. The NFC East Offensive line let up 5 more sacks per game than the NFC West.

Sniper
05-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I think most of you are basing the trenches war off of names because in fact.. The NFC East Offensive line let up 5 more sacks per game than the NFC West.

In a stunning, STUNNING, I tell you, coincidence, the NFC East also had three teams in the top 6 in the league in sacks.

I wrote that after the first time you brought that fact up.

YAYareaRB
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I wrote that after the first time you brought that fact up.

I brought that fact up before? WTF? I'm on some ****

Crickett
05-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Given that not 5 offensive linemen in the NFL combined to give 80 (16 games * 5 additional sacks per game) sacks this past year, I'm pretty sure that's not true.

YAYareaRB
05-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Given that not 5 offensive linemen in the NFL combined to give 80 (16 games * 5 additional sacks per game) sacks this past year, I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Some of these guys on the teams didn't play all 16 games.

But I guess I worded it wrong. They gave up 5 more sacks than the West.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Some of these guys on the teams didn't play all 16 games.

But I guess I worded it wrong. They gave up 5 more sacks than the West.

Again though, the NFC East had three of the top 6 teams in terms of sacks, including the #1 team.

1. Dallas-59 sacks
3. Philadelphia- 48 sacks
6. New York- 42 sacks
28. Washington- 24 sacks

173 total sacks, average of 43.25 sacks

NFC West

10. Seattle- 35 sacks
14. Arizona- 31 sacks
16. San Francisco- 30 sacks
16. St. Louis- 30 sacks

126 total sacks, average of 31.5 sacks

The NFC East also had three teams in the top 10 in rushing yards per carry as a team.

1. New York- 5.0 ypc (Ridiculous)
7. Washington- 4.4 ypc
10. Dallas- 4.3 ypc
21. Philadelphia- 4.0 ypc

NFC West

14. Seattle- 4.2 ypc
21. San Francisco- 4.0 ypc
21. St. Louis- 4.0 ypc
31. Arizona- 3.5 ypc

The worst ypc in the NFC East would be good enough to be tied for second in the West. The best in the West would be the worst in the East.

The East had three top 20 offenses in terms of points per game.

3. New York- 26.7 ppg
6. Philadelphia- 26 ppg
18. Dallas- 22.6 ppg
28. Washington- 16.6 ppg

West

3. Arizona- 26.7 ppg
22. San Francisco- 21.2 ppg
25. Seattle- 18.4 ppg
30. St. Louis- 14.5 ppg

This really isn't much of a contest.

YAYareaRB
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I never said it would be a contest.. I was responding to someone(?) calling our conference awful.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I never said it would be a contest.. I was responding to someone(?) calling our conference awful.

Well, your division is.

YAYareaRB
05-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Well, your division is.

Yet no one has sent more Super Bowl teams.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Yet no one has sent more Super Bowl teams.

And that matters how? They still didn't win the Super Bowl, so it's not like that makes a difference. You had three top 10 drafting teams. That's pathetic.

BandwagonPunditry
05-14-2009, 12:18 PM
This really isn't much of a contest.

I don't think the idea's to compare the records of the individual teams between divisions, or to compare which is the stronger division in terms of teams. I agree completely that at the moment it wouldn't even remotely resemble a contest.

If I'm right then it's more about comparing the 'all-division' lineups, allowing for system and how the players would work together, which I think is a far closer affair. Whilst the NFC West has a clutch of pretty poor teams each of them has certain players that stand out strongly. Combine them together, put them in the right system and I think the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts. Under such circumstances it's a little closer...

YAYareaRB
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah we're looking at this all wrong.

BaLLiN
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
QB - West
RB - Tie
FB - East
WR West(by a lot)
LB - West
CB - Tie
S - West

QB ill give to you, Its possible Eli is better than Warner because Warner has two perenial Pro Bowlers and a very good slot reciever at his hands.

RB there is no way honestly, what team uses 1 RB most of the time now, very few, Gore or Jackson or both cannot beat the combination of Brandon Jacobs, Brian Westbrook, and Clinton Portis thats not even including Marion Barber and Felix jones who both were looking very very good before they got injured.

FB idk im not sure this really matters

WR- obviously West

TE- Witten owns, East

LB- West, we're not really known for LBs and Ware isnt a pure SLB

CB-East, alot more depth, alot more experience

S- Tie, Honestly after next year i think KP will give Mikel a run for his money and may sway the East to win this.

I really like DRC, i called him a top 5 corner at one point, i was just in awe from his highlights. But honestly he cant defend the run whatsoever he waits for the runner to come to him on many occasions and then gets mauled. He tries for the pick alot and it pays off for him just like it did his cousin and he does get alot of PDs, but bottomline he cant defend and he does blow assignments and has trouble in zone (im pretty sure thats why we saw alot of big receptions with the steelers and against the eagles).

All around any corner mentioned from the East whether it be Brown, Webster, Asante, or Newman offer alot more.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
LB- West, we're not really known for LBs and Ware isnt a pure SLB

Ware is fluid, smart and athletic enough to play any LB position he so chooses.

Brent
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Obviously, the team you play one is representative of your individual talents, right, Patrick Willis?

http://orig.jacksonsun.com/photogallery/20061216patrickwillis/images/A-Willis_92506_AM.jpg

I guess that's a "no"

By the way, Clements > Trufant.

BaLLiN
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Ware is fluid, smart and athletic enough to play any LB position he so chooses.

well i mean by pure he'd probably be blitzed alot more than a normal SLB, and im really not sure about his coverage skills because ive never really seen him cover apart from one or two nasty interceptions one i believe against the colts for a TD?

BaLLiN
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Again though, the NFC East had three of the top 6 teams in terms of sacks, including the #1 team.

1. Dallas-59 sacks
3. Philadelphia- 48 sacks
6. New York- 42 sacks
28. Washington- 24 sacks

173 total sacks, average of 43.25 sacks

NFC West

10. Seattle- 35 sacks
14. Arizona- 31 sacks
16. San Francisco- 30 sacks
16. St. Louis- 30 sacks

126 total sacks, average of 31.5 sacks

oh and some consideration for Osi being out must be included for the matchup if he's going to play, Kiwi is a good passrusher but not great in run defense and doesnt offer the versatility as a passrusher and probably one of the best run DE in the league in Osi.

BamaFalcon59
05-14-2009, 08:13 PM
West because I don't think Eli is better than McNabb.

Haha.