PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren ready to work?

thetedginnshow
05-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Former Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said he has made the decision that he wants to work again and is open to the idea of coaching, but has not made a final decision on whether he will do that or work in a front office somewhere. He said he has not thought through his emotions enough to know exactly what it is he wants to do.

Holmgren spoke with Les Carpenter of the Post last night at an event hosted by Washington Redskins Coach Jim Zorn and his wife Joy in the owner's lounge at FedEx Field. Holmgren is in Washington to see his wife Kathy and daughter Calla off on a trip to Uganda, where they will work in relief centers for the next few weeks helping refugees from Congo. The event was in support of the organization Kathy and Calla Holmgren will be working for: Medical Teams International

Holmgren laughed that on draft day he was supposed to be babysitting one of his grandchildren but kept sneaking peeks at the television. Soon he was talking to it, criticizing teams' moves. Finally Kathy Holmgren came in and reminded him that he wasn't working.

"I said, 'You're right. What am I doing?' " Mike Holmgren said.

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/05/holmgren-decides-hes-ready-to-work-again.html

Him and Favre were perfect for each other.

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I saw that earlier and had the same thought about him and Brett. I'm sure there will be plenty of teams who would be happy to add him.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
He should coach. He never really got the credit he deserved for his time in GB, or a great run in Seattle for that matter.

SFbear
05-12-2009, 07:55 PM
So add this to the list of Super Bowl winning HC's available for next year

Bill Cowher
John Gruden
Mike Shanahan
Brian Billick

I would hate to be a coach in a make or break year right now.

tjsunstein
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?

Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.

papa burgundy
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
if Singletary and the Niners crash and burn his first year and they go 5-11 or worse then I'd expect him to get fired for Holmgren or Shannahan.

GB12
05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.
As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.

Well yah, they could fire Childress and replace him with basically anybody or anything and it would be a lateral move at worst.

The_Dude
05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)

If nothing else, the Vikings would no longer be legally required to introduce themselves to all their neighbors.

diabsoule
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.

CC.SD
05-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.

Eh we'll see how this season goes, Norv has won as many playoff games as any coach in Charger history. I like the idea of Shanny working with Rivers, especially with the defensive cupboard being relatively stocked.

Brodeur
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).

Brent
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).
69ujLvxLi0M

I know you hate Seth MacFarlane, but this is funny.

YAYareaRB
05-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Wont You Cooooooooome To San Franciscoooo?

OneToughGame
05-13-2009, 03:36 AM

If this were to happen at all (it won't but still lol) Viking fans better hope after Al Davis fires John Marshall in the first month of the regular season that Holmgren doesn't bring Marshall in as his DC. My never ending hate for Marshalls vanilla ******* defense continues.

vikes_28
05-13-2009, 08:43 AM
I think he should be a GM somewhere.

BandwagonPunditry
05-15-2009, 05:09 AM
if Singletary and the Niners crash and burn his first year and they go 5-11 or worse then I'd expect him to get fired for Holmgren or Shannahan.

Should the worst happen (and I'm hoping it doesn't cause we've got a good level of emerging talen) and Singletary flops I think most Niner fans would agree that Shannahan as HC with Holmgren in the FO would be the dream team.

GB12
05-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Should the worst happen (and I'm hoping it doesn't cause we've got a good level of emerging talen) and Singletary flops I think most Niner fans would agree that Shannahan as HC with Holmgren in the FO would be the dream team.
I don't think either Holmgren or Shannahan would be ok with that setup.

djp
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Just wait a bit Mike. We'll take ya in about 9 months.

CC.SD
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Just wait a bit Mike. We'll take ya in about 9 months.

Horrible fit if Favre's not there...I don't think AD would really appreciate Holgren's offensive philosophy.