PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor rejoins Dolphins

superman
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of this move. It will help them a little this year though.

bored of education
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
WHy not? He has maybe 2 years left and why not end it with the team that drafted you.

terribletowel39
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Sniper asking for a link in 3,2,1.....

I think it is a good move. He has realized he was being a little girl and wants to play for his team. He can still rush the QB.

superman
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
WHy not? He has maybe 2 years left and why not end it with the team that drafted you.

i guess i just wanted to see what cam wake was capable of

bored of education
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164099

cam wake will be lucky to make the team :)

America
05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I like the move a lot. I hate when big time players for a franchise end their career somewhere else, and just kind of cling on with 1 year deals to different teams. Roth can't provide much of a rush, so it helps the Dolphins and Taylor was DMVP in 2006 so he's not that removed from being a great player.

Don Vito
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I really wanted the Pats to look at him since we didn't take a DE/LB in the draft. We have Adailus but other than him it's just a bunch of unproven albeit talented young guys. We are in a pinch at ILB too so I was thinking if we added Taylor then Adailus might play inside.

Bigburt63
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
This hurts the pats twice. Not only did we miss out on him, but now we have to play him twice a year again.

nepg
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
There was no way Taylor was going to a cold weather team. I think he was really hoping the Bucs put together something worth going to, but they didn't - they blew it. So he went back to Miami.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Its a solid signing, but it won't help them out drastically. Taylor has lost a bit since his 2006 season, but he will be a solid defender for them. Don't expect that type of season though, but he will be a fine addition who adds another veteran presence.

Caddy
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
There was no way Taylor was going to a cold weather team. I think he was really hoping the Bucs put together something worth going to, but they didn't - they blew it. So he went back to Miami.

The Bucs blew it? This is news to me.

We are clearly in a youth movement and Taylor would severely hinder the development of a guy like Kyle Moore. Combine that with the fact that he declined last year and I thhink the Bucs signing him would be a poor move.

jkpigskin
05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
A good move on both sides. Both sides swallowed their prides and made the move that makes most sense. I dont expect JT to be the same player as he was when he left, but he will provide valuable leadership and experience.

superman
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164099

cam wake will be lucky to make the team :)

i don't think there's anyway he doesn't make the team, who do they have for the future? roth?

bored of education
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
i don't think there's anyway he doesn't make the team, who do they have for the future? roth?

eff cam wake! :) maybe cam wake can actually learn from taylor? just saying dude. Cam Wake is as much of a question mark as most late round picks.

awfullyquiet
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
i love the move for the price they got.

he must have really hated washington.

CC.SD
05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Parcells owned Washington so bad. "Come over here Jason I want to introduce you to the 2nd rounder we got for you last year."

Addict
05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
i love the move for the price they got.

he must have really hated washington.

and loved Miami... I gotta say the guy gave up a lot of money to go to the place I think he thinks of as 'home'.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Parcells owned Washington so bad. "Come over here Jason I want to introduce you to the 2nd rounder we got for you last year."

That and Dan Snyder wet himself when he heard that he was "only" a second rounder, so it had to be done:).

thebow305
05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Wasn't so sure how I felt about this at first, but I like the move.

Welcome back JT :)

Geo
05-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't understand. How can an NFL player not sign with the Patriots, once they beckon for his lowly mortal self from their shining Mount Olympus? How can he pass up the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL, to not be coached by one of the greatest minds ever associated with sports? To not play with the greatest offense to exist in the history of mankind?

Truly it's puzzling.

LonghornsLegend
05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I think it's brilliant that they got a 2nd rounder for him the year he got injured, then he comes back for free and cheaper, incredible move.

SuperMcGee
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I think it's brilliant that they got a 2nd rounder for him the year he got injured, then he comes back for free and cheaper, incredible move.

It's not like they were hurting too much without him, either. Things worked out very well for the fins on this one.

Staubach12
05-13-2009, 05:13 PM

I 100% agree. Great move.

CC.SD
05-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Remniscient of Denver getting a 3rd round comp pick for Ian Gold the same year they re-signed him.

BlindSite
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Good move for all involved, at the end of the day Taylor will be in familiar surroundings, the team gets back a leader and good player (when healthy).

Smart move by all concerned.

Canadian_draft_fan
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
And further proof the Redskin's FO is a league-wide joke. I wonder if this spells the end of Roth in Miami. If the Skins hadn't drafted Orakpo I would like to see Roth on the Skins. I think his best fit is a LDE in a 4-3 scheme.

Malaka
05-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Roth is a pretty decent player, but I don't think he is too great a fit for OLB ina 3-4, but I do like him as an LE, in a 4-3, he seems very good in stopping the run and more than capable of providing a pass rush.

CC.SD
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Roth is a pretty decent player, but I don't think he is too great a fit for OLB ina 3-4, but I do like him as an LE, in a 4-3, he seems very good in stopping the run and more than capable of providing a pass rush.

He ripped apart the Chargers' O this year, I seriously doubt they give up on him because they signed 34 year old Jason Taylor.

Malaka
05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
He ripped apart the Chargers' O this year, I seriously doubt they give up on him because they signed 34 year old Jason Taylor.

Well, I guess he ripped them apart, but not many other teams, he only had 5 sacks last year. If you can find his QB rushes and TFL, which I am too lazy to look for I'll give you this argument, but if there not that great then Matt Roth is nothing special and can be upgraded, 5 sack at OLB, is pretty mediocre.

Brent
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
This move has zero risk. Parcells wins again.

Menardo75
05-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Great move for the Phins wasn't his best year in a 3-4?

the decider13
05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Remniscient of Denver getting a 3rd round comp pick for Ian Gold the same year they re-signed him.

Yeah...that was the best thing Gold ever did for denver.

I like the Taylor move a lot. Versatile guy that can add a whole dimension to the defense that already has Porter giving guys headaches. I had a hard time getting used to him not wearing a dolphins jersey.

Malaka
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
If Taylor can revert to old form and Porter plays like he did last year... well then Miami is going to have a scary pass rush.

Da-Phins
05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
And further proof the Redskin's FO is a league-wide joke. I wonder if this spells the end of Roth in Miami. If the Skins hadn't drafted Orakpo I would like to see Roth on the Skins. I think his best fit is a LDE in a 4-3 scheme.

We'll trade you him for a 2nd rounder in return.

Da-Phins
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Great move for the Phins wasn't his best year in a 3-4?

His best years was under Saban's defense which was a hybrid type scheme. He was a monster in it.

I'm glad to have JT back. I see him more as a situational type player for us rather then a starter. Roth is a good run stopper for us, but the dude lacks good pass rushing skills. So I would think the coaches will keep Roth in on running downs since that is his strength and put in JT on passing downs.

superman
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't understand. How can an NFL player not sign with the Patriots, once they beckon for his lowly mortal self from their shining Mount Olympus? How can he pass up the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL, to not be coached by one of the greatest minds ever associated with sports? To not play with the greatest offense to exist in the history of mankind?

Truly it's puzzling.

maybe he has morals and wanted to play for someone that didn't cheat

toddmlazarchick
05-14-2009, 12:33 PM

Because everyone could see Taylor coming to Washington and getting hurt and being uesless playing hurt the entire year and then not wanting to practice in the offseason and being cut:rolleyes:

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Because everyone could see Taylor coming to Washington and getting hurt and being uesless playing hurt the entire year and then not wanting to practice in the offseason and being cut:rolleyes:

Its true though, I never expected much out of Taylor for the Skins anyway, even before TC last year. At that point in his career, it was obvious his best fit was as a 3-4 OLB and that he wouldn't hold up as well as a 4-3 End. They tried him some at LE IIRC, and that was a huge mistake, but mostly played RE I believe. Even there he isn't a great fit, but trying him at LE is just illogical, especially if he is dinged up already. With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.

21ST
05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Its true though, I never expected much out of Taylor for the Skins anyway, even before TC last year. At that point in his career, it was obvious his best fit was as a 3-4 OLB and that he wouldn't hold up as well as a 4-3 End. They tried him some at LE IIRC, and that was a huge mistake, but mostly played RE I believe. Even there he isn't a great fit, but trying him at LE is just illogical, especially if he is dinged up already. With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.

Actually, all he played for us was LE

Canadian_draft_fan
05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
I have no problem with releasing Taylor but trading for him and not using him correctly was the problem. I supported the trade when it was made but Blanche stuck him at LDE in a base 4-3 defense which is a complete misuse of his skills. Word was Blanche didn't want him and Snyder gave the order to get Taylor. No communication between coaching staff & FO = fail. And it was well known that Taylor skipped offseason practices to go "Dancing with the Stars" in 2008, so there was a definite risk that he may not attend off-season workouts in 2009.

toddmlazarchick
05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.

He hasnt even played a freaking snap in the NFL yet and he is being mishandled? Dude please! He worked at SAM for THREE DAYS! Its already been said that he will play DE on passing situations. If someone on our LB corps steps up and can fill in at SAM then he can play DE for three downs. Orakpo at SAM for 1st and 2nd down and DE on 3rd > Blades at SAM for 1st 2nd and 3rd down. BTW it worked out well for Merriman dont you think?

Also he is a rookie and Blache does not rely on them for major roles right away. Working him in is his style not throwing him there and depending on him to make or break. Phillip Daniels right now is better against the run then Orakpo because Orakpo has yet to play a down. Id rather have Daniels holding ground against Brandon Jacobs right now then Orakpo. With that said if Orakpo can show he is as good against the run as Daniels then moving him to DE full time is what will happen.

21ST
05-15-2009, 12:46 PM
He hasnt even played a freaking snap in the NFL yet and he is being mishandled? Dude please! He worked at SAM for THREE DAYS! Its already been said that he will play DE on passing situations. If someone on our LB corps steps up and can fill in at SAM then he can play DE for three downs. Orakpo at SAM for 1st and 2nd down and DE on 3rd > Blades at SAM for 1st 2nd and 3rd down. BTW it worked out well for Merriman dont you think?

It all depends how they use him, he is supposed to just be a rush backer so we will see how it goes, but how can he start at DE? There is no way he takes Carters spot and he aint no LE.