PDA

View Full Version : Taylor agrees with Dolphins on one-year deal

Matthew Jones
05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Apparently Jason Taylor has signed a one-year, $1.1 million deal with the Dolphins:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164099

This isn't good news for the Patriots. I was really hoping they'd get him. He owns Matt Light, too.

FlyingElvis
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Heard the talking heads announcing this. Oh well. Bring on Crable!

Bigburt63
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Crable for DMVP!!

Don Vito
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I would've liked adding Taylor, but the more I see us pass up on these DE/LB's (whether they be in the draft or veterans) the more I get excited about our young guys. BB must really think Woods, Crable, and Redd have made strides and if they have then we will be in good shape.

Nalej
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Crable for DMVP!!

*crosses fingers*

Bigburt63
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I would've liked adding Taylor, but the more I see us pass up on these DE/LB's (whether they be in the draft or veterans) the more I get excited about our young guys. BB must really think Woods, Crable, and Redd have made strides and if they have then we will be in good shape.

Thats a good point. BB and co. obviously see something in these young guys...here's hoping that they are right

Matthew Jones
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM

They didn't really pass on Taylor, Taylor passed on them. He "took less" to go back to Miami.

Bigburt63
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
They didn't really pass on Taylor, Taylor passed on them. He "took less" to go back to Miami.

We did pass on quite a few OLB/DE in the draft though

starwitness
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
No worry guys. The Pats will still score enough to points to win the division anyway. The Pats-Miami games are going to be VERY interesting though.

BTW, did you guys draft that QB/WR dude to play, or to help scout the wildcat?? Thax.

Don Vito
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Yeah I hear you but what I'm trying to say is we've had plenty of chances to add great talent to the position whether it be in the draft or with veterans.

TNPatsFan
05-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I was never really that interested in Taylor to be honest. He's 35 years old and I'm not so sure he has the ability he once had, and I'm even less sure he has the desire he once had to play the game.

Personally I'd rather give up the two first round picks it would take to sign Terrell Suggs away from Baltimore. He's a much better all around player and is only 26 years old.

As far as what we have on the roster, it may be my bias as a Michigan fan talking but I think Crable can be a good one. I'm just not so sure it will be this year, especially after missing a whole season.

nepg
05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah I hear you but what I'm trying to say is we've had plenty of chances to add great talent to the position whether it be in the draft or with veterans.
I think they're holding out for Peppers and/or just being happy with what they've got. Taylor was never an option for them, imo. He was going to Tampa, but the Bucs flubbed their off-season. So the Dolphins got back in the mix, and that was an obvious choice.