DE Aaron Kampman (GB)
OLB Lance Briggs (CHI)
MLB Brian Urlacher (CHI)
OLB Chad Greenway (MIN)
CB Charles Woodson (GB)
CB Antoine Winfield (MIN)
FS Nick Collins (GB)
SS Kevin Payne (CHI)

5 Notable Reserves: QB Aaron Rodgers (GB), RB Matt Forte (CHI), WR Devin Hester (CHI), CB Charles Tillman (CHI), WR Bernard Berrian (MIN)

NFC South

QB Drew Brees (NO)
RB Michael Turner (ATL)
FB Ovie Mughelli (ATL)
WR Steve Smith (CAR)
WR Roddy White (ATL)
TE Tony Gonzalez (ATL)
LT Jordan Gross (CAR)
LG Arron Sears (TB)
C Jeff Faine (TB)
RG Jahri Evans (NO)
RT Jammal Brown (NO)

DE Julius Peppers (CAR)
DT Jonathan Babineaux (ATL)
DT Sedrick Ellis (NO)
DE John Abraham (ATL)
SLB Jonathan Vilma (NO)
MLB Barrett Ruud (TB)
WLB Jon Beason (CAR)
CB Chris Gamble (CAR)
CB Richard Marshall (CAR)
FS Tanard Jackson (TB)
SS Chris Harris (CAR)

5 Notable Reserves: RB DeAngelo Williams (CAR), DE Will Smith (NO), RB Reggie Bush (NO), WR Marques Colston (NO), TE Kellen Winslow Jr (TB)

regoob2
05-14-2009, 10:01 AM
NFC North. North has a sick team.

diabsoule
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
NFC North. North has a sick team.

If their sick wouldn't that hinder their performance on the field?

regoob2
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
If their sick wouldn't that hinder their performance on the field?
Not when they're that much better! :P

terribletowel39
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
It's the North and this is the easiest one to me. AD, D-Line, Baby Jesus, AND Greg Jennings. Pretty disgusting.

cdub11
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
NFC North wins

diabsoule
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't know. I think this one is fairly evenly matched as well.

cdub11
05-14-2009, 10:41 AM
North Defense was deciding factor for me

BeerBaron
05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
The NFC North's defense is scary.....I wish they just had slightly better safeties though. And it's aging, but for now, it'd be hellish.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Meant to vote for the North but I'm dumb.

Caddy
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
The NFC South has Barrett Ruud so they win automatically.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
The NFC North has Charles Woodson so they win automatically.

Fixed that for you.

Mr.Regular
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Mart Tauscher isn't even on a team. So he really shouldn't be on the all-pro team.

Anyways I voted North, that defense looks scary good and the offense ain't too shabby either.

regoob2
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't know. I think this one is fairly evenly matched as well.
The Os are close. But look at the front 7. The North has 6 pro bowlers.

jsa230
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
both teams are stacked, vut i vote for north. chad greenway over ernie sims, really?

diabsoule
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
both teams are stacked, vut i vote for north. chad greenway over ernie sims, really?

You can have your undersized LB and I'll take my LB with good size that gets better every year.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
The two offensive skill postiion sets may be as good as you'll find in the NFL, but the north has an average OL compared to the rest of these temas. But the north's defense was easily what won it for me, though it was pretty close.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
****, I meant to vote for the north and accidentally voted south. Oh well, it's not close anyways.

regoob2
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Sims is overrated. Id take Greenway over him. Id take a healthy Barnett over both.

vikes_28
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
NFC North. AP wins it all. Sims was good his first year. And there is only one player from Detriot. ha.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Sims is overrated. Id take Greenway over him. Id take a healthy Barnett over both.

I'd take Greenway over either, TBH, I really like him a lot.

LonghornsLegend
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
North, both offenses are sick but I like the North D better, but seriously Cutler, AD, Calvin, Jennings, that's pretty sick...Their front 7 on D is also a monster.

TitleTown088
05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, Tausch has likely played his last game in the North.

I like Greenway in there.

I would put Rodgers over Cutler considering what they have both done in the time they've played, but either is good enough.

Sniper
05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Tausch has likely played his last game in the North.

I'd like Greenway in there.

I would put Rodgers over Cutler considering what they have both done in the time they've played, but either is good enough.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dGg_F1ZFPwI/SUh3rjYCGwI/AAAAAAAAA5I/WsVlGD7NAFg/s400/charles+woodson.jpg

6 to 12 all day, every day.

Michigan
05-14-2009, 01:42 PM
The North wins, even with only 10 players on offense.

QB Jay Cutler (CHI)
RB Adrian Peterson (MIN)
WR Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR Greg Jennings (GB)
TE Greg Olsen (CHI)
LT Bryant McKinney (MIN)
LG Steve Hutchinson (MIN)
C Olin Kreutz (CHI)
G Anthony Herrera (MIN)
RT Mark Tauscher (GB)

BeerBaron
05-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Pretend Hester is the slot guy....he'd be a sick slot guy in that offense.

It's probably because we have awful fullbacks in the division..

jkpigskin
05-14-2009, 01:59 PM
nfc north without a doubt... solid team all across the board
LB corp of the south worries me

diabsoule
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
In a decidedly one-sided fight the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.

Crazy_Chris
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
QB Jay Cutler (CHI)
RB Adrian Peterson (MIN)
FB Naufahu Tahi (MIN)
WR Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR Greg Jennings (GB)

Cutler(or Rodgers), Purple Jesus, God, and Greg Jennings is just an insane combination. What a absolute nightmare this would be for any defensive coordinator... one of Jennings, Johnson or Peterson is going to burn you. You almost can't stuff the box against the run with Greg Jennings and Calvin Johnson on the outside. But if you don't stuff the box Adrian Peterson is going to tear you up.

terribletowel39
05-14-2009, 02:12 PM
In a decidedly one-sided fight the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.
Does that mean we could move on to the next match ups??

NFCN vs. NFCE
AFCN vs AFCE

JFLO
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I meant to vote for NFC North, but I'm illiterate, so pardon me...

I honestly think that this would be a blowout win for the North, that defense is just too much for the NFC South...

TitleTown088
05-14-2009, 02:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dGg_F1ZFPwI/SUh3rjYCGwI/AAAAAAAAA5I/WsVlGD7NAFg/s400/charles+woodson.jpg

6 to 12 all day, every day.

Is that supped to be 6 to 21? Or am I missing something?

awfullyquiet
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
part two to figure out:

I'd put AJ hawk over Greenway. If we're going on pure talent, throw hawk strong side, urlacher in the center, and briggs on the weakside...

AND THEN TELL ME WHOS THE BOSS.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/hills/8528/bigtony.jpg

Michigan
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
part two to figure out:

I'd put AJ hawk over Greenway. If we're going on pure talent, throw hawk strong side, urlacher in the center, and briggs on the weakside...

Greenway is the far better player, and it really isn't that close.

awfullyquiet
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Greenway is the far better player, and it really isn't that close.

with the front 4 that the vikings have. i could play that well. AJ hawk would be fantastic in the vikings defense.

i'd rather go with the pure talent guy, and that'd still be aj hawk. Next to urlacher and briggs, in that position... chad greenway is good, i will concede that, and AJ hawk has looked bad last year, but so did all of the packers.

diabsoule
05-14-2009, 02:59 PM
In a decidedly one-sided game the NFC North All Stars will move on to compete against the NFC East All Stars.

And the AFC North All Stars will compete against the AFC East All Stars.

GB12
05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Pretend Hester is the slot guy....he'd be a sick slot guy in that offense.

It's probably because we have awful fullbacks in the division..
As WRs, Hester doesn't even come close to Driver.

Smooth Criminal
05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
North team looks stacked. Offense is unstopablr with that line, Peterson, those recievers and Cutler. Not to mention that defense is amazing as well.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
North team looks stacked. Offense is unstopablr with that line, Peterson, those recievers and Cutler. Not to mention that defense is amazing as well.

I would argue that OL is the weakness of that team, but that front 7 for the north is pretty crazy.

BlindSite
05-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Brees is better than Cutler and Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.

AP is better than Turner and Williams but constant debate last year showed, not by much.

The North is better, but only slightly. The offense goes to the South, North has the better defense, but again, the secondary of the south is more impressive.

eaglesalltheway
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Brees is better than Cutler and Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.

AP is better than Turner and Williams but constant debate last year showed, not by much.

The North is better, but only slightly. The offense goes to the South, North has the better defense, but again, the secondary of the south is more impressive.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree with you on that. I like all 4 WRs a lot, but Megatron and Jennings are two complete WRs who may not have even reached their prime yet. Smith is a monster, I love how he plays, and White emerged last year, but Jennings has been a top WR for at least 3 years now.

LonghornsLegend
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM

What makes Steve Smith and Roddy still better then Calvin and Jennings? If anything you would call that a wash due to who you preferred, but Calvin and Jennings complement eachother perfectly.

And honestly I'm going to have a hard time seeing any defense completely shut down an offense with Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson on it. Let alone the fact they there are lots of other weapons, but those two on the same team are going to produce 30 points a game.

wicket
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
the south is a way better division but the north complements better. There are sick players on the south bench.

marshallb
05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
North for me. Mostly because of the defense. That front 7 is scary good. The CBs are very good as well. The S are definitely the biggest weakness if the team. Also, AD, Cutler/Rodgers, and Johnson and Jennings would be an absolutely sick offense. You can't stack the box to stop AD, and we all know what happens when you give AD a normal box to run against.

someone447
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM
with the front 4 that the vikings have. i could play that well. AJ hawk would be fantastic in the vikings defense.

i'd rather go with the pure talent guy, and that'd still be aj hawk. Next to urlacher and briggs, in that position... chad greenway is good, i will concede that, and AJ hawk has looked bad last year, but so did all of the packers.

If you are going by pure talent, Nick Barnett should be the other LB. Barnett may even beat out Urlacher at this point in their careers. Urlacher has lost a step, and his back will continue to get worse. Hawk is completely overrated. He is a slightly above average NFL linebacker.

Malaka
05-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Barnett and Hawk are overrated, and now in a 3-4 they're going to be play worse, Greenway is really underrated and is one of the better 4-3 OLBs in the league, he is stout against the run, and is pretty decent in coverage too, maybe its the Vikings D-line but he has played great and is really underrated.

GB12
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Barnett and Hawk are overrated, and now in a 3-4 they're going to be play worse, Greenway is really underrated and is one of the better 4-3 OLBs in the league, he is stout against the run, and is pretty decent in coverage too, maybe its the Vikings D-line but he has played great and is really underrated.
I don't see how that is relevant at all to this since the defense for these teams is a 4-3. And Barnett is definitely not overrated. Last year he had a bad year and then got hurt, but his first 5 years in the league he was very good. Really since 2005 he's been one of the better MLBs in the league. If anything he's underrated. There have been at least two times he's been snubbed for the probowl and he was never given the respect he deserved in the media. Lofa Tatupu took his spot in 2005 and 2007 without playing nearly as well in those years. For some reason Tatupu gets all the recognition when Barnett has been better than him for a longer period of time.

However I don't have a problem with Greenway on there. It should be an OLB there, and Greenway has been better than Hawk so far. Someone said that Barnett could maybe be over Urlacher at this point, and had Barnett had a normal year I would agree with that, but giving the down/injured season I'm not going to argue with that.

Boston
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
NFC North used JORDYZZZ,

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/ny2ks/cc_jordy2.jpg

it's super effective!

Malaka
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't see how that is relevant at all to this since the defense for these teams is a 4-3. And Barnett is definitely not overrated. Last year he had a bad year and then got hurt, but his first 5 years in the league he was very good. Really since 2005 he's been one of the better MLBs in the league. If anything he's underrated. There have been at least two times he's been snubbed for the probowl and he was never given the respect he deserved in the media. Lofa Tatupu took his spot in 2005 and 2007 without playing nearly as well in those years. For some reason Tatupu gets all the recognition when Barnett has been better than him for a longer period of time.

However I don't have a problem with Greenway on there. It should be an OLB there, and Greenway has been better than Hawk so far. Someone said that Barnett could maybe be over Urlacher at this point, and had Barnett had a normal year I would agree with that, but giving the down/injured season I'm not going to argue with that.

I wasn't saying how Greenway should be there over them in a 4-3 I was just stating how their play won't be as good in a 3-4. It had nothing to do with the original topic, just me expressing how I think Greenway is a better LB than both players.

I agree with 07 Barnett but, 05 Tatupu was a beast I gotta disagree with that one.

TitleTown088
05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Smith and White are still better receivers than Megatron and Jennings.

I don't see how you can possible say one group is better than the other definitively. Way too close. It's preference. Smith and Roddy had a bit more yards. Jennings and megatron had similar yardage and a good deal more TDs.

Burger
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Al Davis would jizz to the NFC North roster.

BlindSite
05-15-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't see how you can possible say one group is better than the other definitively. Way too close. It's preference. Smith and Roddy had a bit more yards. Jennings and megatron had similar yardage and a good deal more TDs.

Smith has been a dominant force for nearly five years now, megatron is only just cutting his teeth and yes, his athletic abilities lend to him becoming potentially the greatest player ever at his position his poor grooming at the college level, altering systems and poor QB play mean he's still extremely under developed in his routes and technical abilities.

Smith is still a better receiver, Jennings and white is more of a wash, but I think it's a lot closer than people are making it out to be.

The poll is so skewed because there's about as many NFC South supporters total as there are bears fans frequenting this forum.

It'd be an interesting battle.

Gay Ork Wang
05-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Smith has been a dominant force for nearly five years now, megatron is only just cutting his teeth and yes, his athletic abilities lend to him becoming potentially the greatest player ever at his position his poor grooming at the college level, altering systems and poor QB play mean he's still extremely under developed in his routes and technical abilities.

Smith is still a better receiver, Jennings and white is more of a wash, but I think it's a lot closer than people are making it out to be.

The poll is so skewed because there's about as many NFC South supporters total as there are bears fans frequenting this forum.

yes, cause only bearfans voted for the north

iowatreat54
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
yes, cause only bearfans voted for the north

I counted 6. And that's also why at a quick glance, there is prolly just as many Eagles fans voting for the north, and a good amount of AFC fans that voted for the north, plus other posters I don't know their teams.

Brees is better than Cutler/Rodgers. Even if we concede that the difference in WRs is negligible, AP is still better than Turner or Williams, the north OL is better, and Gonzalez is better then Olsen. So at the very worst, as I see it, the offenses are a wash pretty much.

As for defense, the north front 7 is better than the south and it's not even close. The only real weakness in the north D is at safety, which if the north were to play a cover 2 system, wouldn't be that big of a problem anyway. The north D is lightyears ahead of the south D, imo.

wicket
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I counted 6. And that's also why at a quick glance, there is prolly just as many Eagles fans voting for the north, and a good amount of AFC fans that voted for the north, plus other posters I don't know their teams.

Brees is better than Cutler/Rodgers. Even if we concede that the difference in WRs is negligible, AP is still better than Turner or Williams, the north OL is better, and Gonzalez is better then Olsen. So at the very worst, as I see it, the offenses are a wash pretty much.

As for defense, the north front 7 is better than the south and it's not even close. The only real weakness in the north D is at safety, which if the north were to play a cover 2 system, wouldn't be that big of a problem anyway. The north D is lightyears ahead of the south D, imo.
Sorry but thats just wrong.
DLine: Interior to north, exterior to south=wash
LB's: South all the way (sorry but its not even close)
DB's: North all the way (not that close either)

So I cant give the north any more than a slight victory on the defense at best (for me its a wash).
If the north wins, it wins on OLine, nowhere else.

Gay Ork Wang
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
how is it not even close when we have the best 4-3 OLB, althought he Secondary isnt all the way either. The CBs are better in the north but its a wash with the Safeties

Draft King
05-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I failed and posted this in the wrong thread so here we go. Although, as Renji said before 99% of the time people are voting for their own division anyways.

I'd take Brees >> Rodgers or Cutler.
Peterson > Turner although they were the two most productive backs.
Smith + White > Johnson + Jennings for sure.
Tony Gonzalez is the best TE in the league arguably.
+ we have a pretty sick O-Line, that's a dirty O.

On defense, your D-Line > ours just because of the DTs. We arguably have 2 of the top passing rushing ends in the NFL.
Our LBs are STACKED, although it's close, Urlacher isn't as productive as he once was and Greenway is really good, but IMO isn't on let's say Beason's level.
In the secondary I'll take your corners over ours, but our safeties over yours.

IMO South > North

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM

I'm not even going to try debating the WR area with you because there is a Panthers player involved...;)

The Poll is "skewed" how? Yeah, most of the NFCN fans voted there, is the NFCS fans voted for the south, but look at all the people that have no bias in terms of this and see how many of a % of them voted for the North. I'd bet its somewhere around 75 or 80%, favoring the North. And it isn't just because we all, under some crazy coincidence, accidentally voted for the North. Most people view the North as better, plain and simple...

Edit: Checked over that, of the non-NFC N or NFC S, there were 4 NFC S votes from people not of that divisions fan base, and 24 NFC N votes from fans not of that fan base. (Those are of the ones who I know, so it could be iffy) Which actually truns out to be 80%, lucky guess, lol. And it needs to be mentioned, one of the NFCS fans voted for the NFC North. So there is a little extra info on how it isn't scewed, it is pretty accurate, IMO.

Michigan
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
And it isn't just because we all, under some crazy coincidence, accidentally voted for the North.

Lol half the votes for the South might be "accidental".

Meant to vote for the North but I'm dumb.

****, I meant to vote for the north and accidentally voted south. Oh well, it's not close anyways.

I meant to vote for NFC North, but I'm illiterate, so pardon me...

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Lol half the votes for the South might be "accidental".

I think it was at least 4 people "accidentally" voted for the south too, IIRC. I think there was another.

eaglesalltheway
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Haha, that would sway it even more then, up to about 90%, haha.

Crazy_Chris
05-15-2009, 01:26 PM
DLine: Interior to north, exterior to south=wash

The Interior of the D-line is by far and away the north. The exterior is debateable both have 2 Elite DE's but the North is more well rounded as Jared Allen is a better run defender than John Abraham. Either way if you were to give the exterior to the south, the difference is not big enough to make up for the difference in the interior. So it would not be a wash, the north has the better defensive line and its not really debatable.

LB's: South all the way (sorry but its not even close)

So lets get this straight the north has a likely hall of fame MLB(older but still Excellent), the best 4-3 WLB in the game Lance Briggs, and an rising stud SLB in Chad Greenway. But the south has the better LB's and it's not even close? That's funny, it's debatable which group is better but to say either is far ahead of the other is just wrong.

TitleTown088
05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I failed and posted this in the wrong thread so here we go. Although, as Renji said before 99% of the time people are voting for their own division anyways.

I'd take Brees >> Rodgers or Cutler.
Peterson > Turner although they were the two most productive backs.
Smith + White > Johnson + Jennings for sure.
Tony Gonzalez is the best TE in the league arguably.
+ we have a pretty sick O-Line, that's a dirty O.

On defense, your D-Line > ours just because of the DTs. We arguably have 2 of the top passing rushing ends in the NFL.
Our LBs are STACKED, although it's close, Urlacher isn't as productive as he once was and Greenway is really good, but IMO isn't on let's say Beason's level.
In the secondary I'll take your corners over ours, but our safeties over yours.

IMO South > North
Excellent reasoning.

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2008/06/homersimpson.jpg

Gay Ork Wang
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
ummm why are using this one DK?

seriously though why are people so pretentious?

lets face it, most of the NFC South fans are going to vote NFC South and vice versa. its natural. its ur division. i dont think u need to go out and give a big speech and justify yourself.

well i thought i should put it in here, since the other thread isnt really visited

GB12
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM

Ok buddy, the poll is 63 to 18. It's not even a close vote.

And for your whining about there being more NFCN fans than NFCS fans, well that's very true but it's not like it matters. If you take out all the fans from the participating divisions it's still 32-10.

tjsunstein
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Get owned NFC South.

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Yet the better division is the south.

Our offense is better, people are just entranced by the young trio/ foursome (better word?) of Cutler/ Peterson/ Johnson/ Jennings and that DL.

terribletowel39
05-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Yet the better division is the south.

Our offense is better, people are just entranced by the young trio/ foursome (better word?) of Cutler/ Peterson/ Johnson/ Jennings and that DL.
Thats the point. This isn't a poll about which divisions are better. It is a poll about which team, made up of individuals from the four teams in each division, is better. The NFC South is a better division overall, yes, but if those two teams played each other, the NFC North would win. Thats what this competition is about, not which division as a whole is better.

Crazy_Chris
05-15-2009, 04:32 PM

I really don't think the results have anything to do with there being more NFC North fans than NFC South fans on the Forum.

The bottom line is that this is just a bad matchup for the NFC South. They do not have the DT's to handle the north. To have a chance against Cutler, Peterson, Jennings and Johnson. You better be able to sufficiently contain Adrian Peterson with your front 7. Hell most teams have trouble containing the guy with 8 and 9 man fronts. The south has a good front 7 but the weakness is in the middle of the line which will play right to Peterson's strength. The south would have to try to stack the box against the North. But in doing so you are going to leave 1 of Jennings or Calvin 1 on 1. While the south does have good CB's they aren't going to be able to contian Johnson and Jennings all game in a lot of 1 on 1 situations. I mean really it's pick your poison let Peterson tear you up on the on the ground, or let Cutler Jennings and Johnson beat you.

On the flipside the North's defense is very capable of containing Michael Turner or DeAngelo Williams with just the front 7. Charles Woodson is a good enough CB to hold his own against Steve Smith. Antione Winfield can hold his own against Roddy White aswell. The matchup the south would have to look to use would be Tony Gonzalez against the north S's and Chad Greenway. Greenway is a good cover LB and the S's are pretty good, but Gonzalez is an amazing TE and this is easily the best matchup the south has.

The matchups just favor the NFC North better than the NFC South. IMO the reson the results are so much in favor of the north is that most the posters on this site are smart enough to see this.

TitleTown088
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
The NFC South would roll through this competition if it were a competition for teams with the biggest homers.

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Coaches should be included.

The South would win by default.

diabsoule
05-15-2009, 04:58 PM
The Saints held AP to 32 rushing. The Falcons limited him to 76, the Panthes to 77, and the Bucs to 85.

I think this game would be closer than people give it credit for.

diabsoule
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Coaches should be included.

The South would win by default.

That's something I've been thinking about. This is probably what the coaches would look like for each division.

AFC East: New England Patriots coaching staff
AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff
AFC South: Tennessee Titans coaching staff
AFC West: San Diego Chargers coaching staff

NFC East: NY Giants coaching staff (they won a SB, they get it.)
NFC North: Chicago Bears coaching staff (it's a tie btw them and GB)
NFC South: Carolina Panthers coaching staff (I could have easily gone with the Saints coaching staff, though, esp. now with Gregg Williams as DC)
NFC West: Arizona Cardinals coaching staff

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 05:03 PM
You could have easily said the Falcons, too. Smith and Mularkey are beasts.

etk
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
lol this is pretty funny. NFC South was one of the best divisions in football last year. NFC North was one of the worst.

Yet the NFC North has over 3/4 of the votes. Pretty unbiased, eh?

I'm sorry but Brees to Smith, White, Gonzalez, Bryant, Shockey, Colston, Winslow, etc. would TORCH the NFC North secondary.

Draft King
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
The NFC South would roll through this competition if it were a competition for teams with the biggest homers.

Meh, at least I gave reasoning for my choices. For the most part I thought I graded them pretty fairly. I said your D-Line is better than ours, and I said our LB's are slightly better. I also gave the secondary a wash which I don't believe is unreasonable. If I was to choose a defense I would side with the North, because the one place I feel we're more effective (LB), it's still a close call.

Offense on the other hand I think we are better. I still think we have the better receivers, you take RB, we take QB, we take TE, the OL would either be a wash or go to you guys slightly. I don't think any of that is unreasonable or very homerish. Maybe I came off as cocky when I first made that, but that's just the way I feel with the situation.

As for us all being homers, everybody is at times. BlindSite of course has had his fair share of moments, but I do recall seeing some of yours as well. I tried my best to give fair reasoning and the least amount of bias I could. The Detroit Lions can take this win I suppose, it'll probably be the only one they get all year.

LonghornsLegend
05-15-2009, 05:44 PM

In yet somehow with all of that he still posted 78/1300/12 vs Steve Smith's 78/1400/6, so what does that tell you?

Touchdowns score points, and if Calvin is only "cutting his teeth" as you say I wonder what type of potential he has an a team as good as this one here? It wouldn't even be close.

etk
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM

I don't know any regular Bucs posters on this board that are homers. Attacking us because you can't handle an argument and prove your points is pretty low. But I'm sure you feel real cool now because there are dozens of like-minded NFC North fans to back you up, just like a high school bully.

someone447
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
NFC North

QB Jay Cutler (CHI)
RB Adrian Peterson (MIN)
FB Naufahu Tahi (MIN)
WR Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR Greg Jennings (GB)
TE Greg Olsen (CHI)
LT Bryant McKinney (MIN)
LG Steve Hutchinson (MIN)
C Olin Kreutz (CHI)
G Anthony Herrera (MIN)
RT Mark Tauscher (GB)

DE Jared Allen (MIN)
DT Pat Williams (MIN)
DT Kevin Williams (MIN)
DE Aaron Kampman (GB)
OLB Lance Briggs (CHI)
MLB Brian Urlacher (CHI)
OLB Chad Greenway (MIN)
CB Charles Woodson (GB)
CB Antoine Winfield (MIN)
FS Nick Collins (GB)
SS Kevin Payne (CHI)

5 Notable Reserves: QB Aaron Rodgers (GB), RB Matt Forte (CHI), WR Devin Hester (CHI), CB Charles Tillman (CHI), WR Bernard Berrian (MIN)

NFC South

QB Drew Brees (NO)
RB Michael Turner (ATL)
FB Ovie Mughelli (ATL)
WR Steve Smith (CAR)
WR Roddy White (ATL)
TE Tony Gonzalez (ATL)
LT Jordan Gross (CAR)
LG Arron Sears (TB)
C Jeff Faine (TB)
RG Jahri Evans (NO)
RT Jammal Brown (NO)

DE Julius Peppers (CAR)
DT Jonathan Babineaux (ATL)
DT Sedrick Ellis (NO)
DE John Abraham (ATL)
SLB Jonathan Vilma (NO)
MLB Barrett Ruud (TB)
WLB Jon Beason (CAR)
CB Chris Gamble (CAR)
CB Richard Marshall (CAR)
FS Tanard Jackson (TB)
SS Chris Harris (CAR)

5 Notable Reserves: RB DeAngelo Williams (CAR), DE Will Smith (NO), RB Reggie Bush (NO), WR Marques Colston (NO), TE Kellen Winslow Jr (TB)

QB-Medium Edge to South
RB-Huge Edge to North
WR-Johnson takes a small edge over Smith
WR-White and Jennings are a wash
Oline- Slight edge to North
TE-Large edge to South
DE-Small edge to South
DT-Large edge to North
SAM-Edge to South
WILL-small edge to north
MIKE-edge to north
CB-Woodson over Gamble by a decent amount
CB-Winfield over Marshal by a small amount
S-Collins over Jackson
S-Harris over pain

I give it to the North by a good amount.

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh, and no OL from the best OL in the conference last season is silly. Blalock is better than Sears, Clabo (last season) was superior to brown, and McClure didn't give up a sack all season.

TitleTown088
05-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't know any regular Bucs posters on this board that are homers. Attacking us because you can't handle an argument and prove your points is pretty low. But I'm sure you feel real cool now because there are dozens of like-minded NFC North fans to back you up, just like a high school bully.

Ha, chill out. I wasn't angry when I said it just an observation.

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 07:11 PM
QB-Medium Edge to South
RB-Huge Edge to North
WR-Johnson takes a small edge over Smith
WR-White and Jennings are a wash
Oline- Slight edge to North
TE-Large edge to South
DE-Small edge to South
DT-Large edge to North
SAM-Edge to South
WILL-small edge to north
MIKE-edge to north
CB-Woodson over Gamble by a decent amount
CB-Winfield over Marshal by a small amount
S-Collins over Jackson
S-Harris over pain

I give it to the North by a good amount.

You have to be kidding. Drew Brees is a medium edge over Cutler, but AP is a huge edge over Turner? That is a joke. Also, CJ has done nothing to be better than Steve Smith. Roddy is better than Jennings, statistically, and is a more complete player.

TitleTown088
05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Roddy is better than Jennings, statistically, and is a more complete player.
Statistically Jennings had a better YPC average and more 2 TDs. White had 90 more yards.

Statistically it's a wash.

Statistically, I'd personally take 2 TDs over 90 yards.

Gay Ork Wang
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
so much homerism contained in one place

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Statistically Jennings had a better YPC average and more 2 TDs. White had 90 more yards.

Statistically it's a wash.

Statistically, I'd personally take 2 TDs over 90 yards.

White has the clear edge in two of the three primary catagories for wide receivers (receptions, yards, touchdowns). And he did it with inferior QB play on teams that passed the ball less than the Packers did.

Boston
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
You have to be kidding. Drew Brees is a medium edge over Cutler, but AP is a huge edge over Turner? That is a joke. Also, CJ has done nothing to be better than Steve Smith. Roddy is better than Jennings, statistically, and is a more complete player.

You do realize that Adrian Peterson plays for the Vikings and that Calvin Johnson plays for the Lions, don't you? Jackson + Orlovski all day.

GB12
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
White has the clear edge in two of the three primary catagories for wide receivers (receptions, yards, touchdowns). And he did it with inferior QB play on teams that passed the ball less than the Packers did.
Ok, you can't go both ways on that. White saw the ball more than Jennings did, so the fact that you passed the ball less doesn't mean **** here. Personally I think the reception stat is ridiculous to use in any argument. It doesn't matter how many catches you have, it's what you do with what you get.

Jennings statistically had the better season, and it's not really debatable. White had 8 more catches and 90 more yards; Jennings had 2 more TDs and an average that was a full yard better than White's. It is no question of which of those is better statistically.

If you want to argue that White is better fine, but don't use the statistical argument because there is no way he wins that.

I think that White and Jennings are about even. If you're comparing the teams position by position then these two should just cancel each other out.

Caddy
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah I seriously doubt Calvin Johnson should be considered a better player than Steve Smith.

GB12
05-15-2009, 10:03 PM
lol this is pretty funny. NFC South was one of the best divisions in football last year. NFC North was one of the worst.

I'm sorry but Brees to Smith, White, Gonzalez, Bryant, Shockey, Colston, Winslow, etc. would TORCH the NFC North secondary.
That doesn't mean ****. It's taking the best players from each division and comparing them, not comparing each team.

Or they're just better. I already said earlier that if you take out the fans from the participating divisions the North still wins 32-10.

There is no "Bryant, Shockey, Colston, Winslow, etc.". It's Smith, White and Gonzalez only. And the North secondary would be able to handle them a lot better than the South seconday would be able to handle Jennings, Johnson, and Olsen.

someone447
05-15-2009, 11:25 PM

I am a huge Cutler fan, I have been since his rookie year. I'll admit I may have overrated him. AP had no one, put him on a team with a QB and he hits 2000. He is by far the best RB in the league, it isn't even close. CJ and Steve Smith are both amazing receivers. I give it to CJ because he is an absolute freak, and he also doesn't have another weapon on his team. He doesn't have a QB. Jennings is severely underrated by anyone who isn't a Packer fan. White and Jennings are a wash, they are both very good, albeit different receivers.

someone447
05-15-2009, 11:26 PM
By the way, nobody torches Charles Woodson.

Caddy
05-16-2009, 01:14 AM
I am a huge Cutler fan, I have been since his rookie year. I'll admit I may have overrated him. AP had no one, put him on a team with a QB and he hits 2000. He is by far the best RB in the league, it isn't even close. CJ and Steve Smith are both amazing receivers. I give it to CJ because he is an absolute freak, and he also doesn't have another weapon on his team. He doesn't have a QB. Jennings is severely underrated by anyone who isn't a Packer fan. White and Jennings are a wash, they are both very good, albeit different receivers.

Being an 'absolute freak' does not a great player make. Steve Smith > Calvin Johnson.

LonghornsLegend
05-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Being an 'absolute freak' does not a great player make. Steve Smith > Calvin Johnson.

Says what? Calvin doubled his TD totals this past season with a far worse QB, far worse offense, far worse team, their numbers were pretty much even across the board except that Calvin doubled his TD totals.

So what evidence are you guys using that Steve Smith is better? Call me crazy, but put Steve Smith on the Lions and he's nowhere close to 1300 yds and 12 TD's.

Scotty D
05-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah I seriously doubt Calvin Johnson should be considered a better player than Steve Smith.

So going into next season you'd take Smith over Calvin?

GB12
05-16-2009, 02:05 AM
So going into next season you'd take Smith over Calvin?
I would not take any WR over Calvin Johnson for 2009.

Beans
05-16-2009, 08:02 AM
as an nfc south fan i kind of prefer calvin johnson but thats just me

carry on

jsa230
05-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Either pair of wrs would be amazing and they would compliment each other perfectly. I would take CJ and Jennings all day but Smith+White would kill too. I think what it comes down to is personal preference. My preference is the tall, young receiver on the upswing rather than a receiver, albeit great, that is probably going downhill.

Crazy_Chris
05-16-2009, 01:44 PM
The Saints held AP to 32 rushing. The Falcons limited him to 76, the Panthes to 77, and the Bucs to 85.

I think this game would be closer than people give it credit for.

The Saints did an excellent job against AP, the Falcons did well too. The other two AP was only held to not have as may touches he averaged 4.5 YPC against Carolina and Tampa.

But what those teams did against him during the season is really quite irrealevant to this. You just cannot compare what they did against AP with Gus Frerotee/Tarvaris Jackson and the Vikings offense, to what they could do against an AP with Cutler/Rodgers, Jennings, and Johnson.

SchizophrenicBatman
05-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I came in here wanting to vote South because I think if you matched up the North vs South 1-4 the South has decent odds at going 4-0...but on the all-pro teams, it just doesnt work out that way

the offense goes to the south for sure. Brees > Cutler. AD is a force at RB, but the South has the guys who come closest to him ATM, and its stable (which matters in the NFL) is >>> Forte and Taylor. The South's line should have more Panthers IMO, they were prob a top 5 OLine last season. Fix that and the OL isn't close with the better players on the North line getting old. Receiving corps to the South (argue all you want about the WRs but Gonzalez and KW2 > Olsen and whoever)

but dear god the South's defense is brutal. The DTs are a joke, I'm not even sure if I want Richard Marshall as a starting CB for the Panthers this year and he's on the all-division team, wow. Big, big win for the north there

add in coaching staffs and it might even it up some, but I doubt it. The numbers dont lie here, the North's team is better. Their second team would be garbage, though

Michigan
05-16-2009, 01:59 PM

No one torches Charles Woodson.

etk
05-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Roddy is a lot better than Greg Jennings. Like, I don't see how there's an argument there. Jennings benefits tremendously from the GB system. Roddy White has been a 1-man machine the past 2 years, and he's a complete player like BamaFalcon said.

The South corners are mediocre, but I'd trust the safeties in deep coverage. Not to mention the South defensive line has 4 pass rushing specialists going against an overrated line that's a mish-mash of different scheme fits. The South OLine is a better pass blocking unit and the North DLine is better suited against the run than pass.

But anyways, congratulations to the NFC North fans for their consolation prize of winning this stupid poll. Maybe next year you guys can narrow the total divisional wins gap. 38 for the South, 25 for the North....a 13 win differential.

We're always happy to beat up on you guys when it counts.

Boston
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Roddy is a lot better than Greg Jennings. Like, I don't see how there's an argument there. Jennings benefits tremendously from the GB system. Roddy White has been a 1-man machine the past 2 years, and he's a complete player like BamaFalcon said.

The South corners are mediocre, but I'd trust the safeties in deep coverage. Not to mention the South defensive line has 4 pass rushing specialists going against an overrated line that's a mish-mash of different scheme fits. The South OLine is a better pass blocking unit and the North DLine is better suited against the run than pass.

But anyways, congratulations to the NFC North fans for their consolation prize of winning this stupid poll. Maybe next year you guys can narrow the total divisional wins gap. 38 for the South, 25 for the North....a 13 win differential.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night...

someone447
05-16-2009, 03:43 PM

What, Jennings benefits from the West Coast Offense? Jennings is a very good receiver, just as good as Roddy White. The are completely different types of receivers. Yes, White has more receptions(29) and yards(400 or so) over the past two years than Jennings. But Jennings has a bunch more TDs(8), a couple YPC higher(between 1.5 and 2 yards), well over twice the number of 40+ yard catches(9). Packer receivers are always underrated, just look at Driver during his prime, he couldn't even get recognized as a legit #1.

Ok, so your safeties are busy with CJ deep, who can take Jennings on those slants and crossing routes he is so good at? The South team just doesn't match up very well. Plus, good luck stopping AP with only 7 people. Especially against the awesome run blocking of the North oline.

Jared Allen and Aaron Kampmann are both beasts as pash rushers. The North would get pressure on Brees, just like the South would get pressure on Cutler.

Two words: Detroit Lions.

OSUGiants17
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
North wins by a long shot

LonghornsLegend
05-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Are you seriously worked up over an internet homer poll? Is it really even that serious dude? Alot of people have voted for the North who aren't a fan, I guess they are idiots too though huh?

LOL South Fans show their true colors in this thread.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Lions created over half of the 9 game gap(not 13) since South created in 2002.
1-3 vs South in 2002(beat Saints)
Loss to Carolina 2003
Win vs Atlanta 2004
1-3 in 2005 (beat Saints)
Win vs Atlanta 2006 (Lions own Atlanta 23-10 all time vs Atlanta)
Win vs Tampa 2007(South champs)
0-4 in 2008

Lions 5-11 since 2002 vs the South. 5-7 until this year when we got swept.
Bears 8-8 vs South (5 losses pre 2005 when Bears sucked from 02-04). Bears 1-3 this past year in 4 close games)
Green Bay 7-9 (7-5 until 2008 but Pack got swept this year)
Vikings 8-8 since 2002 (2-2 in 2008)

28-36 regular season gap(64 games). So 8 games gap, 6 due to Lions and the rest due to Packer sweep this year.
1-2 playoffs (Atl beat GB in 2002,Carolina beat Chicago in 2005 and Chicago beat New Orleans in 2006)

29-38 since divisions formed

wicket
05-16-2009, 06:03 PM
The Interior of the D-line is by far and away the north. The exterior is debateable both have 2 Elite DE's but the North is more well rounded as Jared Allen is a better run defender than John Abraham. Either way if you were to give the exterior to the south, the difference is not big enough to make up for the difference in the interior. So it would not be a wash, the north has the better defensive line and its not really debatable.

So lets get this straight the north has a likely hall of fame MLB(older but still Excellent), the best 4-3 WLB in the game Lance Briggs, and an rising stud SLB in Chad Greenway. But the south has the better LB's and it's not even close? That's funny, it's debatable which group is better but to say either is far ahead of the other is just wrong.

sorry but I love urlacher but he isnt even near his top anymore. Briggs is not the best WLB in the game and I would take beason over him for every linebacking position to be honest and vilma vs greenway is not that close either. Of course you can feel free to disagree but for me ruud > urlacher, beason>briggs and vilma>>>> greenway.

You are right that the difference in interior is bigger than the difference in exterior but in a 4-3 defense the ends are more important the the tackes imo.

someone447
05-16-2009, 06:17 PM
sorry but I love urlacher but he isnt even near his top anymore. Briggs is not the best WLB in the game and I would take beason over him for every linebacking position to be honest and vilma vs greenway is not that close either. Of course you can feel free to disagree but for me ruud > urlacher, beason>briggs and vilma>>>> greenway.

You are right that the difference in interior is bigger than the difference in exterior but in a 4-3 defense the ends are more important the the tackes imo.

I already said this, but Barnett should be over Urlacher at this stage of their careers, and Barnet>Ruud. I think Beason and Briggs are very close, and Vilma>Greenway.

But Aaron Kampmann and Jared Allen are some of the best DEs in the game, so that edge is just by the slightest of margins.

TitleTown088
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM

"Ahhh. I'm not happy my division didn't win.

My tummy hurts. :("

SchizophrenicBatman
05-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Jennings does benefit from Green Bay's system, and anyone who says otherwise is a homer or blind. It doesn't mean he still isn't good but that GB system is ridiculous

Manic Depressant
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Jennings does benefit from Green Bay's system, and anyone who says otherwise is a homer or blind. It doesn't mean he still isn't good but that GB system is ridiculous

What system are you referring to? The WCO?

etk
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
What, Jennings benefits from the West Coast Offense? Jennings is a very good receiver, just as good as Roddy White. The are completely different types of receivers. Yes, White has more receptions(29) and yards(400 or so) over the past two years than Jennings. But Jennings has a bunch more TDs(8), a couple YPC higher(between 1.5 and 2 yards), well over twice the number of 40+ yard catches(9). Packer receivers are always underrated, just look at Driver during his prime, he couldn't even get recognized as a legit #1.

Ok, so your safeties are busy with CJ deep, who can take Jennings on those slants and crossing routes he is so good at? The South team just doesn't match up very well. Plus, good luck stopping AP with only 7 people. Especially against the awesome run blocking of the North oline.

Jared Allen and Aaron Kampmann are both beasts as pash rushers. The North would get pressure on Brees, just like the South would get pressure on Cutler.

I don't go by statistics to judge receivers. You have to look at ability and environment. White is bigger, more athletic and the Falcons don't have the best infrastructure for WR production. Jennings makes his mark working the soft spots of the defense, while White is beating double and triple teams to haul in key 3rd down plays. I don't see how the 2 are even...the only advantage I'd give to Jennings is run-after-catch ability.

Packer receivers are underrated because they all produce by the boatload. None stand out physically and few match their production outside of GB. If White and Jennings swap teams there would be a fairly drastic statistical turnaround. Any half-decent receiver could look good in GB imo.

The South team happens to have some of the best coverage LBs. They can play the underneath zone very well, plus Jennings would have a drop off in impact outside of the GB offense. The North team would do some damage on the ground, but I don't see that matching up with the dynamic aerial attack that is the South.

Allen and Kampman are more physical pass rushers compared to a guy like John Abraham. Brees gets the ball out too quickly to suffer from their rush. He's also the most accurate QB in the league.

Barnett>Ruud? C'mon now, Ruud is one of the most complete LBs in the game. He's the most valuable player on one of the league's top defenses the past couple years.

South fans show nothing other than the fact that we have mutual respect for our teams and we know that there's a lot of underrated talent in our division. We didn't have 4 teams above .500 for nothing....it's because we have good players on our teams.

someone447
05-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't go by statistics to judge receivers. You have to look at ability and environment. White is bigger, more athletic and the Falcons don't have the best infrastructure for WR production. Jennings makes his mark working the soft spots of the defense, while White is beating double and triple teams to haul in key 3rd down plays. I don't see how the 2 are even...the only advantage I'd give to Jennings is run-after-catch ability.

Packer receivers are underrated because they all produce by the boatload. None stand out physically and few match their production outside of GB. If White and Jennings swap teams there would be a fairly drastic statistical turnaround. Any half-decent receiver could look good in GB imo.

The South team happens to have some of the best coverage LBs. They can play the underneath zone very well, plus Jennings would have a drop off in impact outside of the GB offense. The North team would do some damage on the ground, but I don't see that matching up with the dynamic aerial attack that is the South.

Allen and Kampman are more physical pass rushers compared to a guy like John Abraham. Brees gets the ball out too quickly to suffer from their rush. He's also the most accurate QB in the league.

Barnett>Ruud? C'mon now, Ruud is one of the most complete LBs in the game. He's the most valuable player on one of the league's top defenses the past couple years.

South fans show nothing other than the fact that we have mutual respect for our teams and we know that there's a lot of underrated talent in our division. We didn't have 4 teams above .500 for nothing....it's because we have good players on our teams.

You can't have it both ways man, if you are saying White is better than Jennings because he is bigger and more athletic, you have to say Johnson is better than Smith for the same reasons. I think a better comparison is Johnson vs White and Smith vs Jennings, since they are the same types of recievers. I think Johnson beats White by more than Smith beats Jennings.

Jennings also makes his mark on long TD catches. Jennings is severely underrated as a WR, just like Driver was for all those years.

I agree the Souths pass rush is better, but Abraham+Peppers is only slightly better than Allen+Kampmann.

Nick Barnett is EVERYWHERE when he is healthy. He is another player who is severely underrated. I'll take Barnett over Ruud any day.

Gay Ork Wang
05-17-2009, 01:26 PM
god why is that argument about the teams being above .500 still being brought up?

someone447
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
god why is that argument about the teams being above .500 still being brought up?

Because they are mad the South got their asses kicked.