PDA

View Full Version : How Many years does Ray have left ?

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Its never to early to start wondering when an old horse needs to be let out to pasture, it does 2 things: Makes that old horse work harder longer or takes pressure off him so when he is in there he is like he has never lost a step... and with JO already talking about leaving and Ray the past few years has been banged up a bit..do we need to start thinking seriously about when maybe Ray will retire ? Is there someone next season that maybe we can bring in through the draft (obviously its mere speculation) that Ray can start to groom to play next to Bart on the Inside ?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Prolly this season and then good bye to the greatest player in franchise history. :(

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't know if its that soon...but we need to start thinking long term here.. He is way to marketable to let him leave to retire somewhere else but we do need to be cautious how much we abuse him so he can retire in the Purple and Black and be put on a pedistal like Ripken is here in Baltimore...

Yung Flippa
03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I Think That He Has This Year
But Not So Sure About The Next
But I Am Sure He Will Stay With The Ravens
Probably As A LB Coach or Something
He Make Everyone Around Him Better

jkpigskin
03-08-2007, 08:09 PM
hes hungry for another title.... if we get close again, he will come back, but an title could have us wanting an encore for both ray and JO (if he doesnt retire this year)

mikedoobie
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
he has so much passion for the game i see him playing 3 years even if we are only a half competitive team, he may not be playing in the same role but he'll still be on the field helping the players around him..and hes still one of the more athletic LBers so i still think he has it in him

bennybee38
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
im saying 2 more years
then he'll take a couple of years off and return as the LB coach
then work his way up to defensive coordinator
i'd love to see him head coach some day in the future

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Most speculation is that we have a 2 year window for the Super Bowl so I pretty much think thats all Ray has left. Honestly its not a bad thing, because his play is on the decline and its just another opportunity for a young guy to step in and make plays. I don't see Ray as the coaching type and its definitely "homer" thinking to think he will be coach here. Lets not forget that this was a guy a little over a year ago demanding a trade and not too long ago complaining about his contract. Plus Ed Reed has pretty much taken over the role of leader on the Defense so thats not a concern.

LonghornsLegend
03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
i think the best idea, or at least thought, would of been use a first rd pick on a MLB either this yr, or next, and let him play behind ray for one year so he can almost pick up where ray left off, instead of bringing in fresh talent when the position is depleted, i thought it be smarter to bring in young talent now to learn, thats the way bart scott said he ended up so well...the ravens were patient, and he played behind i think 5 pro bowlers going as far back as boulware

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
i think the best idea, or at least thought, would of been use a first rd pick on a MLB either this yr, or next, and let him play behind ray for one year so he can almost pick up where ray left off, instead of bringing in fresh talent when the position is depleted, i thought it be smarter to bring in young talent now to learn, thats the way bart scott said he ended up so well...the ravens were patient, and he played behind i think 5 pro bowlers going as far back as boulware

We missed on the oppurtunity to get D'Qwell Jackson last year, that was so disappointing, cause watching that guy play was like watchin a young Ray he is such a good leader.