PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Broyles, WR, OU

LonghornsLegend
05-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Is anyone else very intrigued with this guy?

He's listed as 5'11 175 and while that may be pushing it on the height a bit he looks like another Eddie Royal clone...I think he'll have a huge year for OU and he's showed he's a play-maker in limited play as a RS-Freshman last year.

It's not out of the question to see him declare, he'll probably lead OU in receiving next year, he'll be on the map in a big way...He has been in trouble before, that's why it wouldn't shock me to see him leave if he has a big year:

E3-Jwl0WlpQ

02/23/2009 OU's Bradford: WR Broyles impressive
Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford has been impressed with rising sophomore WR Ryan Broyles this off-season, and it's looking like Broyles will clearly join Jermaine Gresham as the Heisman Trophy winner's favorite targets.

Coming off a 46-687-6 season it's clear that young Mr. Broyles is in position to emerge as one of the nation's top fantasy wide receivers.
NewsOk.com
http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/stats/player-pages.aspx?ID=z9927

BeerBaron
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM
I think you have to be something real special to declare as a redshirt sophomore...I think it'd be doubtful with his size that he is that.

superman8456
05-17-2009, 09:55 AM
This guy looks like an explosive RB with extremely good hands. Kind of reminds me of a Santonio Holmes

BuddyCHRIST
05-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I doubt he would leave as a RS Sophmore though if Bradford leaves theres a chance, I think his stock will have something to do with how Manuel Johnson and Iglesias adjust as OU recievers are kinda hard to judge coming out of that offense with a Heisman trophy winner throwing him the ball.

JFLO
05-17-2009, 10:42 AM
He has to have a phenomenal season to leave after this season, not to mention pack on about 10-15 pounds of muscle and stay out of trouble.

Personally, I'm not big Sooner receivers like Manuel Johnson and Iglesias. They play in a blow up system and aren't relied on enough to make plays or go over the middle.

Honestly, I think Broyles is just another player in that mold..

superman8456
05-17-2009, 10:45 AM
He has to have a phenomenal season to leave after this season, not to mention pack on about 10-15 pounds of muscle and stay out of trouble.

Size doesnt seem all that much of an issue for players like DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith, who are about the same size. The same is for this guy. He plays bigger than his size.

BeerBaron
05-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Size doesnt seem all that much of an issue for players like DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith, who are about the same size. The same is for this guy. He plays bigger than his size.

But those guys weren't leaving as Redshirt Sophomores either...

JFLO
05-17-2009, 10:59 AM
But those guys weren't leaving as Redshirt Sophomores either...

Not to mention the fact that Broyles' speed isn't even close to Jackson's or Smiths. I can somewhat see the Eddie Royal comparison, but Eddie Royal was a very polished player coming out of Va Tech and was very smart on the field.

Broyles has a lot of work to do and a lot more to learn before he should even consider leaving after a good season this year.

SuperKevin
05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone else find it funny that the guy with the Percy Harvin sig is faulting WRs for playing in an inflated system that rarely sees them play over the middle?

Texas Homer
05-17-2009, 11:04 AM
He is good, but I doubt he declares after next season.

BaLLiN
05-17-2009, 12:03 PM
He really doesnt appeal to me that much..

superman8456
05-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Not to mention the fact that Broyles' speed isn't even close to Jackson's or Smiths. I can somewhat see the Eddie Royal comparison, but Eddie Royal was a very polished player coming out of Va Tech and was very smart on the field.

Broyles has a lot of work to do and a lot more to learn before he should even consider leaving after a good season this year.

Speed isnt his game by the looks of it. He uses his good field vision, extremely lateral agility and great explosiveness.

JFLO
05-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone else find it funny that the guy with the Percy Harvin sig is faulting WRs for playing in an inflated system that rarely sees them play over the middle?

I'm sorry, but Percy Harvin and Ryan Broyles are two different talents....

Harvin is faster, quicker and stronger than Ryan Broyles. Yes he plays in the same system, but they are two different talents...Mr. Awesome

SuperKevin
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, but Percy Harvin and Ryan Broyles are two different talents....

Harvin is faster, quicker and stronger than Ryan Broyles. Yes he plays in the same system, but they are two different talents...Mr. Awesome

I know. It's just funny to see a Florida fan knock another spread offense

the decider13
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I like Broyles, but I really doubt he declares after this season.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I like a smallish receiver to have exceptional wheels and if Broyles isn't a sub 4.45 guy, based on what I know of him I think he's a mid round pick, 3rd or lower.