PDA

View Full Version : RealityCheck's Top 32

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I was bored and did this. * stands for juniors (I only included the ones I expect to declare). Mark Herzlich is out due to bone cancer diagnosis.

http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/3959/39596455d470737513d6078e40088d961077b02.jpg

Sniper
05-17-2009, 02:12 PM
You have guys like George Selvie, Marvin Austin, Everson Griffen and LeGarrette Blount on there but no Brandon Graham?

http://files.sharenator.com/2043_fail_camera-s500x420-10287-580.jpg

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd say Graham is 35-36.

Sniper
05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd say Graham is 35-36.

Why are those players ahead of him? Certainly not due to production.

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Selvie and Griffen are better pro prospects than Graham, no offense. Austin, too. But you can't compare a RB to a DE.

Sniper
05-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Selvie and Griffen are better pro prospects than Graham, no offense. Austin, too. But you can't compare a RB to a DE.

I can buy Griffen and Austin as a pro prospect, even though neither one has done anything. I need an explanation for Selvie. Selvie's undersized and doesn't play the run well. Graham outweighs Selvie by roughly 30 pounds and actually plays the run.

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
George Selvie DE South Florida 6-4 252
Brandon Graham DE Michigan 6-2 268

That's 16 pounds. But that's not the big deal. I also think Graham is an outstanding prospect, but I'd rather have Selvie and Griffen.

Sniper
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
George Selvie DE South Florida 6-4 252
Brandon Graham DE Michigan 6-2 268

Selvie's not 252. He's more 240-245. Graham's 270-275.

I'd rather have Selvie and Griffen.

Hey, by all means, if you want less production from your players, take Selvie and Griffen.

Sniper
05-17-2009, 02:55 PM
George Selvie: 43 tackles 5.5 sacks, 13.5 TFL, 1 FF
Ev Griffen: 18 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 6.0 TFL, 0 FF
Brandon Graham: 46 tackles, 10 sacks 20.0 TFL, 2 FF

So Graham had as many sacks, .5 more TFL and 1 more FF than Selvie and Griffen had combined. I can see why you'd want the guys who do nothing. :rolleyes:

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Stats are not everything when it comes to the Draft. A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.
Plus, Griffen and Selvie have Wikipedia articles. Graham doesn't. (Just kidding) :D

Sniper
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Stats are not everything when it comes to the Draft. A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.

Fair enough, but why would you want someone who's one-dimensional and isn't overly impressive at that one dimension?

It's okay, I guess. People also didn't think the world of LaMarr Woodley as a prospect in comparison to the faster, quicker, stronger, bigger etc... prospects. He's now the best DE/OLB from his draft class. Graham is a Woodley clone, though probably not as strong.

jballa838
05-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Eric Berry is not faster than CJ Spiller. I will bet money he runs faster than 4.40.

6.58 60m is so much faster than anyone other than Ford.

wonderbredd24
05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Tim Tebow as a 1st round pick just baffles me. Why do you feel he's in the 1st round conversation?

I also do not buy Colt McCoy in round 1. Phenominal college player, but unless he got much bigger in the offseason, he's very frail in addition to his other question marks.

And both below Snead? I'd love to see some more thoughts

Sniper
05-17-2009, 05:39 PM
A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.

Meant to comment on this part. He's playing at Michigan, not Eastern Michigan. Yeah, UM went 3-9 last year, but prospects who put up stats like Graham does at a major school like Michigan get drafted highly.

Race for the Heisman
05-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I question Cody, Tebow, Spiller, Selvie, and Colt McCoy.

No Corey Wootton is bit perplexing, with a guy like Selvie in there.

I like Georgia's Geno Atkins more than Marvin Austin at this point, which is not really to shout out Atkins but more to question why Austin is on this list.

Also, Gresham as the number one overall?

JRTPlaya21
05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Tim Tebow as the 1st QB?? I can see your thinking pattern, but I strongly don't agree with it

superman8456
05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Why is Tim Tebow on this?

Better yet, why is Tim Tebow above Colt McCoy?

RealityCheck
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Tim Tebow is on this because he's an outstanding athlete.

Sniper
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Tim Tebow is on this because he's an outstanding athlete.

So's Usain Bolt. It doesn't mean he'd make a good football player. I'm a huge Tebow fan, but he needs to shorten his throwing motion if he's going to play on Sundays. Then again, any team that drafts him as a QB won't ask him to play immediately.

Cicero
05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
So's Usain Bolt. It doesn't mean he'd make a good football player. I'm a huge Tebow fan, but he needs to shorten his throwing motion if he's going to play on Sundays. Then again, any team that drafts him as a QB won't ask him to play immediately.

Don't forget learn how to make a read, develop decent footwork, and figure out how to run a pro style offense.

nikkayeah
05-17-2009, 11:26 PM
jahvid best

wicket
05-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Why is Tim Tebow on this?

Better yet, why is Tim Tebow above Colt McCoy?

the first part here is a legit question
the second part not so much.
both have exactly the same questions about them. Only Tebow has won more and shown more leadership.

Matthew Jones
05-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Very cool chart. Kind of wide though. Also, Taylor Mays should be at like 4.30 or so.

SenorGato
05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Selvie's overrated, and Brandon Graham is a beast.

terribletowel39
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
It's okay, I guess. People also didn't think the world of LaMarr Woodley as a prospect in comparison to the faster, quicker, stronger, bigger etc... prospects. He's now the best DE/OLB from his draft class. Graham is a Woodley clone, though probably not as strong.
I was going to say the exact same thing....

Brandon Graham won't be rated as high, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out JUST like Wood. He will be special in both the 34 or 43. I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers picked Graham up and had both him and Woodley....wow.

hagy34
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Not sure how Tebow can be in the top 15....

BigBanger
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
These rankings, like all rankings, mean nothing if I don't hear some reasoning and I wouldn't mind reasoning for your #1 prospect. I can see that you like him (way too much), but what in Gods name is he doing first overall if we both agree he's a 4.6 / 4.7 guy and he plays one of the least important positions on the entire football field?

Even if your Vernon Davis, you shouldn't get a top 10 grade. Kellen Winslow was kind of worthy of a top 10 grade since he actually produced in college, but he's really the only TE in the last five or ten years that actually deserved that kind of hype.

Selvie showed you how good he is when he saw double teams. He got worn down easily, still doesn't defend the run, and has a slender frame that needs a lot of development (especially in the lower body where he struggles to anchor down), and he has two pass rush moves. Third round seems more logical to me and the guy who keeps getting mentioned (Graham) is much better at this point when you consider his ability to stack and shed, play the run and get to the QB with technique instead of just raw ability, because raw ability gets you by in college, not in the NFL.

Lindley's name is always mentioned this high, and unless you think he's going to put together a season that's worthy of a top 20 ranking then that's fine, but he gets beat far too much. Chris Houston played as much man coverage with zero safety help and he was much more physical, got beat a lot less (even though he got beat a lot) and it still took him until round 2 to get drafted, and that's where he belonged since he's more of a #2, and that's what Lindley is... a #2 CB. You don't take those guys that high. DJ Moore kicked his ass and he isn't even a WR. I would say he's a better chance at being a bust instead of a star, but I wont since I don't think he's going that high to be considered a bust. Another third rounder you got in there.

All these QBs (Outside of Snead) really do nothing for me. Tebow is not a great athlete. He's actually fairly slow and has no lateral quickness to speak of. McCoy is much more athletic than Tebow. Both are third or fourth rounders that need a lot of time developing.

CJ Spiller screams second round to me since it's obvious he's a rotational back and not a true #1, or anything that resembles a feature back. He can be productive, but that high? That's like Reggie Bush being ranked where he was. He's just not a between the tackles runner and that should be your strong suite if your getting ranked in the top 20. You better be a feature back, and Spiller is not that guy.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Brandon Graham won't be rated as high, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out JUST like Wood. He will be special in both the 34 or 43. I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers picked Graham up and had both him and Woodley....wow.

I think if that happened Sniper would become a Stteler fan, lol.

I also like Graham, and personally he is my #2 DE next year. I'm not as big on Selvie as most. But Graham is a complete prospect and I like almost everything about his game.

Sniper
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM

The Steelers would win every game by forfeit. No QB would ever want to play against them.

JHG722
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Dan LeFevour first round.

JFLO
05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Why is everyone trashing him, it's his big board not a community board, right?

Cicero
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Why is everyone trashing him, it's his big board not a community board, right?

If you're not going to discuss his board, then what exactly are you supposed to talk about?

duckseason
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
My only comment is that Blount is not a fullback, and certainly won't be drafted as such.

initial_flo
05-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Tebow isn't top 15, he isn't top 100.

He's athletic, but lets face it the guys in the NFL will blow his ass up. Michael Vick was 10x the athlete and he got bottled up more and more through out his career.

He's got a side arm style delivery, he doesn't really ever have to make any NFL throws.

You see the good QBs usually chill out in the pocket calmly scroll through the receivers, maybe buy a little time with his feet, and make a solid throw. Tebow is always on the run like he just busted out of a bank robbery whether he is gonna run or pass.

Unless he radically restructures what he is doing he's not an NFL QB. I really really don't see it. Right now he is a wildcat QB at best.