PDA

View Full Version : Top 6 teams who won't make the playoffs...

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
...after making them last year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547766

Goes along with the other thread we have of the 6 teams who didn't make it last year but are most likely to this year. Given how popular the debate in that one because, I decided to throw this one up too. (It's actually a few days older, but I just didn't see it.)

This time around, we have:

Dolphins
Titans
Chargers
Giants
Vikes
Cardinals

I can agree with the Dolphins. Even their biggest fans will probably admit that last year was a least a little bit flukey...the rest of their division has gotten better, the Jets and Bills by making some moves and the Pats by getting Brady back. Though I think if the Dolphins are on here, the Falcons should be too for basically the same reasons.....both got a surge from FO and coaching moves last year and could suffer a little bit of a sophomore slump as they come back down to Earth.

The Titans....I can buy it. The Jags and Texans figure to be better and could push the Titans (and the Colts) a little bit. Plus they've lost Haynesworth, so that is probably could to hurt them.

Chargers...hmm. Maybe...they are easily the most talented team in a very weak division though. I think they get penciled in as the West winners by default and stay that way until one of the other teams takes it away from them.

The Giants I strongly disagree with though. I still feel as though they are the best team in their division, Plax or no Plax. They're going to have an absolutely sickening defensive front 7 that's just going to gnash everyone they face and wreak all sorts of havoc. They still have what figures to be a pretty damn good running game with Jacobs and their gritty o-line...and I think Eli will get the ball to the receivers they do still have. I strongly disagree with this one.

Vikings...I'd like to think it, heh. As long as they have AP they're going to be a threat. Their QB situation is still unsettled and they could lose the Williams wall for the first 4 games based on the Starcaps suspensions....if they get behind early in the season because of that, I think my Bears could get and stay enough ahead of them to win the division.

Cardinals......yeah, I can see it. Last year they got to dominate an incredibly weak division and rode Fitz through the playoffs. If Seattle gets healthy or the Niners pick it up a bit, either could beat out Arizona.

Any thoughts? Omissions? Disagreements with the ones listed?

bored of education
05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't know how the Chargers don't make the playoffs. Cassel, Russell and Neckbeard would have to have Pro Bowl years for that to maybe happen. interesting though. some other team I do buy more so like the Phins,

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know how the Chargers don't make the playoffs. Cassel, Russell and Neckbeard would have to have Pro Bowl years for that to maybe happen. interesting though. some other team I do buy more so like the Phins,

Even if those 3 are beastly (very, very doubtful imo) all of their defenses could still hold them back. Like I said, I think the Chargers are the winners by default unless one of the other teams surges and takes it away from them....the Chargers have too much talent to stink it up on their own.

AntoinCD
05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
If I had to say six that won't be there next year it would be;

Miami Dolphins-played above talent levels last year, strength of schedule favoured them last year and Tom Brady is back in the division

Tennessee Titans-Haynesworth is literally a huge loss for them. Plus they play in a very tough division without a bona fide QB

Baltimore Ravens-Will be up there based on defense and a strong running attack but until their passing attack improves signficantly they will always have trouble winning games against teams like the Colts, Patriots etc

Minnesota Vikings-As above with the Ravens, until they can win through the air they will always be in danger of losing close games. Plus Green Bay and Chicago have gotten significantly better

Carolina Panthers-Play in a very tough division and will have to outscore both the Saints and Falcons twice a season. They could find that very tough to do

Arizona Cardinals-Purely based on the Superbowl curse and the fact that while Warner did lead them to the Superbowl he is old as hell. If he cant go the whole season next year will Leinart lead them to the playoffs? Also with the Boldin/Dockett situation, chemistry could be down

The Dynasty
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I take what Mike Florio says with a grain of salt. He has always talked down on the vikings so I am not surprised of them being on this list by him.

Brothgar
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I can see the Phins not making it mostly because of the strength of the division. Titans same thing. The Giants might be a good call we are really going to see how good Eli really is unless of course Nicks has a Bowe type rookie season.

My major beef is the Chargers. If they don't make it who is in that division? The Chiefs have a shot. I see the the Broncos as a top 10 pick easy. The Raiders I can't see climbing up out of the gutter to win the division this season.

Mr. Hero
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I see why people are concerned about us losing plax, but we should have our best D since LT was still cracking skulls this season, we get osi back, we get kiwi back at DE weight, much better DT depth with Canty and Bernard, easily our best secondary since I've been a giants fan and while our LB corps. doesn't stand out and AP is fat Boley could have a very nice impact and between Kehl, Goff, Sintim and Clark we have good depth at the position. In my biased opinion I think our D improves more than our O suffers next season.

CC.SD
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Dude if the Bolts didn't miss the playoffs last year when the entire team exploded, they sure as hell aren't going to miss it this year.

TitanHope
05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't buy the Giants and Titans. They still have two of the best OL's in the NFL, and will both have strong rushing attacks. The Giants DEF should be great with the return of Umenyiora and bringing in Canty/Bernard/Boley, and their DL is the deepest in the league. You don't need a dominant WR to make the Playoffs. The Titans will miss having a player the caliber of Haynesworth, but the defense will still be good. They're returning all other defensive starters who accounted for 35.5 of their team total of 44 Sacks - 31.5 Sacks from the returning defensive linemen. Not to mention, I believe AH ranked in the Top 10 most rotated defensive linemen. Haynesworth wasn't the only All-Pro on that defense either.

I can buy the Dolphins, but they'll still be solid. They'll have the Patriots to deal with, and the possibility of Pennington getting injured is there.

The Vikings only because the Packers were so close in so many games last season, and I think the Pack will transfer to the 3-4 smoothly. The Bears also gained a franchise QB, and a good QB can do wonders for teams.

Chargers and Cardinals...not unless there's an injury at QB or something like that. Both should win their division. Lets give the Cards some credit. They won the NFC last season, and were an amazing catch by Santonio Holmes away from a Super Bowl title. Their offense should be great, their defense has studs at every unit in Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, and DRC, and they had a good draft.

Sniper
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Giants will probably win the NFC East. That article is dumb.

Modano
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
The Falcons, imo, won't make the playoffs. I think they overachieved last year just like the Jets during Mangini's first year... IIRC the Jets went 10-6 in 2006 and 4-12 in 2007...

brat316
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
vikes

titans

Dolphins

Panthers

wicket
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Ill do them 3-3
NFC:
(Playoff teams: NFCE: Giants,Eagles NFCS: Falcons,Saints NFCN: Bears, NFCW:Cardinals)
Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS-tiebreaker)
Panthers (scedule is rediculous)
Redskins/Cowboys (tough scedule+good teams in division is tough break)

AFC:
Playoff team(AFCE: Pats AFCN:Steelers, Ravens AFCS:Colts,Titans AFCW:Chargers)
Dolphins: Tough scedule + year of film on the new team
Texans: Are gonna be pretty good but will just miss out.
Jets: Rookie QB can only take you so far (usually)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Don't buy the Giants and Titans. They still have two of the best OL's in the NFL, and will both have strong rushing attacks. The Giants DEF should be great with the return of Umenyiora and bringing in Canty/Bernard/Boley, and their DL is the deepest in the league. You don't need a dominant WR to make the Playoffs. The Titans will miss having a player the caliber of Haynesworth, but the defense will still be good. They're returning all other defensive starters who accounted for 35.5 of their team total of 44 Sacks - 31.5 Sacks from the returning defensive linemen. Not to mention, I believe AH ranked in the Top 10 most rotated defensive linemen. Haynesworth wasn't the only All-Pro on that defense either.

I can buy the Dolphins, but they'll still be solid. They'll have the Patriots to deal with, and the possibility of Pennington getting injured is there.

The Vikings only because the Packers were so close in so many games last season, and I think the Pack will transfer to the 3-4 smoothly. The Bears also gained a franchise QB, and a good QB can do wonders for teams.

Chargers and Cardinals...not unless there's an injury at QB or something like that. Both should win their division. Lets give the Cards some credit. They won the NFC last season, and were an amazing catch by Santonio Holmes away from a Super Bowl title. Their offense should be great, their defense has studs at every unit in Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, and DRC, and they had a good draft.

I think having Fat Al in there helped those guys be all pro and get all those sacks. I am not saying the Titans won't make the playoffs but Fat Al is a huge loss and I don't think the defense will have any where near the amount of sacks they had last year.

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Ill do them 3-3
NFC:
(Playoff teams: NFCE: Giants,Eagles NFCS: Falcons,Saints NFCN: Bears, NFCW:Cardinals)
Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS)
Panthers (scedule is rediculous)
Redskins/Cowboys (tough scedule+good teams in division is tough break)

AFC:
Playoff team(AFCE: Pats AFCN:Steelers, Ravens AFCS:Colts,Titans AFCW:Chargers)
Dolphins: Tough scedule + year of film on the new team
Texans: Are gonna be pretty good but will just miss out.
Jets: Rookie QB can only take you so far (usually)

The problem is that there is typically about a 50% turnover rate from one year to the next as to who misses the playoffs and you only have 3 teams that made it last year out this year. I'm sure thats possible but it goes against recent history.

The Dynasty
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS)

If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year. So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 03:25 PM
If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year.

So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.

Losing the Williamses for 4 games also won't help. If you struggle and get down 1-3 or even 0-4 without them, and a team, say the Bears, jumps out to a quick start, it might be enough to do you in as well in addition to the QB issue.

jkpigskin
05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
i can see the vikes and dolphins missing the playoffs this year.
Vikings have such a talented team and to me, it is such a waste that they dont have a QB that can lead all that talent.

as for the dolphins, i feel they will come back down to earth. i dont see a terrible season as i feel they are well coached, but nothing to the extent they were last season.

The Dynasty
05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Losing the Williamses for 4 games also won't help. If you struggle and get down 1-3 or even 0-4 without them, and a team, say the Bears, jumps out to a quick start, it might be enough to do you in as well in addition to the QB issue.

I cant see us going 1-3 vs the Browns, Lions, Niners and Packers. At best I see us going 3-1 and at worse 2-2. Sure losing the Williamses will hurt us for those 4 games but I think the Back ups can come in and do decent enough for the vikings to succeed in those 4 games.

Seamus2602
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM
My 6 teams would be:

Miami Dolphins: Last year, the Dolphins made playoffs. They did this through a combination of Bernard Pollard, players playing very well and a unknown offense that teams didn't know how to deal with. This year, Brady will be back and teams have had a year looking at the Wildcat. The Dolphins will struggle to replicate last years success.

Tennessee Titans: The Titans play in one of the toughest divisions in football. The Colts have improved, the Texans have improved and the Jaguars have improved. The Titans lost their best player and the focal point of their defense. In my opinion, the rest of their D-Line will suffer in his absence. I don't believe they will have a complete nose dive, but I feel they are 3rd in that division and 3rd mightn't be enough to make playoffs.

Arizona Cardinals: Teams don't always rebound well from a Superbowl loss. The Cardinals also play in a division that will almost certainly not get a Wild Card slot. So if either the Seahawks, or the 49ers, were to pip the Cardinals to the NFC West then the Cardinals will miss playoffs.

Carolina Panthers: The top three teams in the NFC South are all pretty close together. Any of the three of them could win the division, and given the difficult schedule NFC South teams face, there may only be one team from the South in the playoffs. Personally, I would put the Panthers 3rd in that division, so even if there is a Wild Card team there, I can't see it being the Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons: Again, there could be only one team from the NFC South in the playoffs and the Saints could always top the division. The Falcons may also be a one-hit wonder, but I can't see it. I feel the Falcons will get playoffs, but there is always a chance that they won't.

Baltimore Ravens: There is always a chance that the Ravens, if Cincinatti and Cleveland are better, and Pittsburgh continue their dominance in that division, then the Ravens could miss out on the Wild Card spot. I don't feel they have what is needed to win the AFC North and if they don't win enough games then a team like the Jets etc could pip them to the Wild Card.

wicket
05-18-2009, 03:39 PM
If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year. So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.

Sorry I wasnt clear there. The SoS will be the tiebreaker for the wild card and they will lose out because of that.

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I cant see us going 1-3 vs the Browns, Lions, Niners and Packers. At best I see us going 3-1 and at worse 2-2. Sure losing the Williamses will hurt us for those 4 games but I think the Back ups can come in and do decent enough for the vikings to succeed in those 4 games.

The Lions played you tough both times last year, and they can really only get better from there. Odds are that Stafford won't be starting that early and Culpepper would give them a slightly better chance to win.

The 49ers could be a surprise team this year. Depending on how Hill plays, they could be a more dangerous team than you think right now.

The Browns are just two years removed from a very good season and it's possible that last year was just the aberration. Plus Mangini gave the Jets a huge boost his first year there and could do the same for the Browns who still have some talented players who just need to find themselves again like Quinn or Anderson, Edwards, and on their d-line.

And then theres the Packers who split their series with you last year and depending on how the 3-4 transition goes, could be a tough matchup.

I could see a 1-3 or even 0-4 if your QBs suck it up and the Williamses are out. Sure the backups could play great....but if they were great, odds are they wouldn't be backups, and that also kills your ability to rotate as effectively so they could easily get worn out as the games go along as many DT's do.

TitanHope
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I think having Fat Al in there helped those guys be all pro and get all those sacks. I am not saying the Titans won't make the playoffs but Fat Al is a huge loss and I don't think the defense will have any where near the amount of sacks they had last year.

The All-Pro's are in the secondary, with Cortland Finnegan and Michael Griffin. Plus, Pro Bowlers in Kyle Vanden Bosch, who struggled with a groin injury for over half of the season and missed 6 games, Keith Bulluck, and Chris Hope. So having them spread out helps compliment one another.

Haynesworth was the 2nd biggest reason for the success of the Titans DL last season. It was the depth that was the key factor, as that allowed all of the players to be rotated routinely. Without the quality players behind Haynesworth in Jason Jones and Kevin Vickerson, the defense would have looked like it did in '07 when AH was the difference between winning and losing, and AH wouldn't have been as effective as he gets winded easily and struggles with hamstring injuries. The Titans defeated the Steelers without AH or KVB playing, and the starting DL of Dave Ball/Tony Brown/Jason Jones/Jevon Kearse helped limit the Steelers RB's to 2.7 YPC and sacked Big Ben 5 times - 4 by DT's.

It's the system, and AH thrived in it. He's the best DT in the NFL, but it was because of the Titans that he was able to fulfill his potential. Watch the Redskins not get the same DT that was in Tennessee. They have too much money tied into him, so they'll play him 20% more than the Titans played him. That'll cause him to get winded easier, which will bring on effort issues, and increases the chances of an injury, which he won't play through because he's now making the money he wants. As a Vols and Titans fan, I hope the Washington coaches don't do this because an thriving Haynesworth in the NFC is fine and I'm still a fan on his.

The Titans will be fine. You don't replace the best DT in the NFL, but a 5-deep rotation of Tony Brown/Jason Jones/Kevin Vickerson/Jovan Haye/Sen'Derrick Marks helps stop the bleeding.

If anything, it's stopping the run that's the issue I'm most worried about.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Yea my mistake on the all pro thing. Anyway I wasn't saying they won't be ok I am just saying they won't get as many sacks or close to how many they had last year. Yes your line won't be torn apart from the loss but you will see the difference.

fenikz
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
ya the media hates the Cardinals we get it, but until proven otherwise we are the best team in the NFC

LizardState
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Definitely the Vikings, for one overwhelming reason: they are expected to sign Favre.

Coming off bicep surgery on his throwing arm, 40 yrs. old, his head so swelled & full of himself he has no idea that the rest of the universe doesn't revolve around him. Just on his recent track rcd. alone, clearly his passes don't have that zip on them anymore, & he singlehandedly threw away half the games on the Jets' schedule last yr. The guy takes playoff-caliber teams & makes them mediocre or worse, & creates a media firestorm dragged out into wks. & months about his indecision to retire, anything to keep the spotlight on him. Vikes opponents DBs will love seeing him start though:rolleyes: b/c he's good for 1.5 INTs/game on the avg.

Sage Rosenfels said he wanted to start before he went to Minnesota -- just be patient, he'll get his chance once Childress gets fired for signing & starting Kiss of Death Favre.

BlindSite
05-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Carolina Panthers: The top three teams in the NFC South are all pretty close together. Any of the three of them could win the division, and given the difficult schedule NFC South teams face, there may only be one team from the South in the playoffs. Personally, I would put the Panthers 3rd in that division, so even if there is a Wild Card team there, I can't see it being the Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons: Again, there could be only one team from the NFC South in the playoffs and the Saints could always top the division. The Falcons may also be a one-hit wonder, but I can't see it. I feel the Falcons will get playoffs, but there is always a chance that they won't.

Drew Brees is a great QB, but if the last few years have taught us anything, he doesn't play defense and he doesn't pound the rock... Atlanta and Carolina are still better than the saints where it counts and a few games difference in schedule isn't going to change that.

Vikings4ever
05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Sorry I wasnt clear there. The SoS will be the tiebreaker for the wild card and they will lose out because of that.

SoS is the 5th tiebreaker (H2H, conference record, common games, Strength of Victory). I seriously doubt it goes that far.

JoeyJr09
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm a Miami fan and I will agree that we won't make the playoffs this year as our schedule is absolutely brutal. We are looking at about 8 wins or so and we are still rebuilding.

But the people on here saying the Wildcat film as a reason that Miami won't have success, clearly didn't watch many Miami games last year. Yea the Wildcat is all well and good and provide a boost here or there but anyone that thinks it played a major role for us didn't pay attention.

If you wanna know why Miami played so well last year, look no further then Jake Long, Chad Pennington and Joey Porter. Our players stepped up. The success had very little to do with the Wildcat. The Wildcat is just the cherry on top.

Jensen
05-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Even if the Seahawks and 49ers are better and healthier this year, it's not like the Cardinals got worse. If anything, they got better getting a RB capable of starting, signing a CB to complement DRC, and making solid selections throughout the draft. I think it will be close, but I still expect the Cards to pull it out. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 3 teams in the division are around 8-8 or above.

Gay Ork Wang
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I think the Cardinals wont make it because i totally trust in the Superbowl Loser curse. They also have Fitz on the Madden cover so double curse!

Burns336
05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
With as good as the Giants D is going to be, their offense would have to suck majorly to not make the playoffs.

I actually have them winning the NFC East right now...

Sniper
05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
With as good as the Giants D is going to be, their offense would have to suck majorly to not make the playoffs.

They probably will if they get some decent production from the receivers. Their running game is filthy good.

CC.SD
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM

The Giants offense will roll. They'll be a great team.

Burns336
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
They probably will if they get some decent production from the receivers. Their running game is filthy good.

I have you guys are a close second..

Wondering how the defense will be without Dawkins directing people on the field and Jim Johnson running it off the field.

Still, I'm looking for the Eagles offense to be tops on the NFC East.

Those 2 teams are the reason why I'm scared we wont make playoffs this year.

Sniper
05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I have you guys are a close second..

Wondering how the defense will be without Dawkins directing people on the field and Jim Johnson running it off the field.

Still, I'm looking for the Eagles offense to be tops on the NFC East.

Those 2 teams are the reason why I'm scared we wont make playoffs this year.

You probably won't make the playoffs because of your lack of secondary depth and lack of gamebreakers at WR in an offense where a gamebreaker is needed. Plus, Romo still needs to show that he can win down the stretch.

The Eagles are a type of team that could win the division or finish last and I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm not confident in McNabb's ability to stay healthy for two straight years.

bigbluedefense
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
my 6 would be:

-Dolphins
-Titans
-Cardinals
-Panthers
-Ravens
-Colts

Burns336
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
You probably won't make the playoffs because of your lack of secondary depth and lack of gamebreakers at WR in an offense where a gamebreaker is needed. Plus, Romo still needs to show that he can win down the stretch.

The Eagles are a type of team that could win the division or finish last and I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm not confident in McNabb's ability to stay healthy for two straight years.

I'm actually not worried about secondary. Jenkins and Scandrick should both be good. Ball is ok. Supposedly Mickens knee is 100% so he might be able to give us something. We're deep at safety. No game breakers, but we upgraded from Roy Williams and Keith Davis. I actually think our secondary is better this year than it was last year.

I'm more concerned with the D-line. I think its Ratliff and a bunch of JAGs to be completely honest. Igor might flourish being under Wade again. We'll wait and see.

Agree with you and Romo.

Agree with you on WR's. Hope we turn to more of a running team, but I doubt it.

BeerBaron
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm a little surprised by seeing a lot of Dolphins but not as many Falcons....I think they're in basically the same boat. Both got off to quick starts under completely new coaching staffs and front offices, and I think they could both snap back to reality a little bit as the still-rebuilding teams that they are.

Burns336
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm a little surprised by seeing a lot of Dolphins but not as many Falcons....I think they're in basically the same boat. Both got off to quick starts under completely new coaching staffs and front offices, and I think they could both snap back to reality a little bit as the still-rebuilding teams that they are.

I'm wondering if the 350 grinding carries that he got last year will show up on Turner this year.

I know it's not LJ style overkill, but still a pretty hefty amount.

Eagles own the NFC East
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Even as an Eagles fan, I can't say the Giants won't make the playoffs. They had one of the best off-seasons to go along with a solid draft which should help them get over the loss of Burress.

I definitely agree with the Cardinals and Dolphins being on there. The AFC East the Dolphins are in this year is much more competitive than last years. With Tom Brady returning to the Patriots, and Rex Ryan and T.O. joining the division, the Phins will have a much harder time winning the AFC East.

Burns336
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
If you are Arizona and you start off poorly, or find yourselves 2/3 of the way through the season without a hope at the playoffs, when do you bench the guy you just gave a ton of money to and find out what you have in Leinart?

TitanHope
05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
my 6 would be:

-Dolphins
-Titans
-Cardinals
-Panthers
-Ravens
-Colts

How high are you on the Jaguars and Texans/low on the Titans and Colts, BBD? Or is it a mix of the two?

Relieved to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the Ravens.

jkpigskin
05-18-2009, 10:22 PM
i might have to take the vikings of this list if brett favre comes back healthy...

Iamcanadian
05-18-2009, 10:48 PM
My 6-8 would include:

1) Titans - had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year. I see no way they repeat as a playoff team.
2) Miami - another team that lucked out with an easy schedule last year and Brady's injury. Think Jacksonville and the Browns.
3) Carolina - Delhomme had better bounce back from that terrible performance in the playoffs. If he's done, Carolina is done.
4) Baltimore - Borderline ability to repeat although not out of the question as the schedule has to be easier.
5) Atlanta - NFC South is a tough division and repeating is never easy.
6) Minnesota - NFC North is a lot stronger this season and both Chicago and Green Bay will give them all they can handle.
7) Indy - new HC and a # of assistants have retired. Could easily take a step back, but maybe not.
8) Arizona - I think they could take the final step up and win the SB as long as Warner continues to show franchise form but the SB jinx might get them.

Burns336
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
How high are you on the Jaguars and Texans/low on the Titans and Colts, BBD? Or is it a mix of the two?

Relieved to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the Ravens.

I could see the Ravens dropping back.

I honestly think Flacco is the most overrated player in the game right now. I love how every time you turn on the TV you hear people asking if "Sanchez can do what Flacco did" and I find myself saying, what did Flacco do?

If by riding the coat tails of a great D and a strong running game, than sure. A lot of QB's could do that.

TitanHope
05-18-2009, 11:31 PM
1) Titans - had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year. I see no way they repeat as a playoff team.

That's inaccurate.

Entering the season, the Titans had the 10th toughest SOS at .543. They had 10 games against teams who went 8-8 or better the previous season, and they played 6 games against teams who went to the Playoffs the previous season. This season, they're entering the season with the 14th toughest SOS at .508.

In the final SOS, they ranked 26th at .4795, but they went 4-1 against Playoff teams (Vikings, Ravens, Colts, Steelers; the loss came to the Colts during the last game of the season when the Titans and Colts were resting players). So its not like they beat up on poor teams and struggled with the good ones. Plus in those 13 wins, the Ravens and Packers were the only ones to come within less than 7 points of the Titans in the final score, so they weren't the product of a weak schedule. They were a good team, and handily beating teams they should win against.

I could see the Ravens dropping back.

I honestly think Flacco is the most overrated player in the game right now. I love how every time you turn on the TV you hear people asking if "Sanchez can do what Flacco did" and I find myself saying, what did Flacco do?

If by riding the coat tails of a great D and a strong running game, than sure. A lot of QB's could do that.

I wasn't a fan of Flacco during the Draft, but I thought he was very poised during the season. But, you always have to worry about a sophomore slump, but even if he does, that OL will help shield him. Actually, I'm more concerned about the loss of Rex Ryan and the age of the defense, which is their bread and butter.

Iamcanadian
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
That's inaccurate.

Entering the season, the Titans had the 10th toughest SOS at .543. They had 10 games against teams who went 8-8 or better the previous season, and they played 6 games against teams who went to the Playoffs the previous season. This season, they're entering the season with the 14th toughest SOS at .508.

In the final SOS, they ranked 26th at .4795, but they went 4-1 against Playoff teams (Vikings, Ravens, Colts, Steelers; the loss came to the Colts during the last game of the season when the Titans and Colts were resting players). So its not like they beat up on poor teams and struggled with the good ones. Plus in those 13 wins, the Ravens and Packers were the only ones to come within less than 7 points of the Titans in the final score, so they weren't the product of a weak schedule. They were a good team, and handily beating teams they should win against.

I wasn't a fan of Flacco during the Draft, but I thought he was very poised during the season. But, you always have to worry about a sophomore slump, but even if he does, that OL will help shield him. Actually, I'm more concerned about the loss of Rex Ryan and the age of the defense, which is their bread and butter.

Nevertheless, their SOS turned out to be .4795 for the 2008 season and they were a one and out team in the playoffs if I remember right. During the season they played their 2 toughest games at the very end of their schedule, Pittsburgh and Indy. Before that in 14 games, they played 2 playoff teams, Baltimore and Minnesota, who they faced early in the season and 1 of which had a rookie QB who hadn't yet established that he would have a good season, and Minny who is another one and out playoff team.
Their schedule was easy to put it simply for the 1st 14 games and they aren't going to get that lucky this coming season. Collins isn't a solid NFL starter at QB and they lost Haynesworth. They are done IMO with very little chance at repeating as a playoff team. I'm expecting a last place finish in their division.

Jensen
05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
If you are Arizona and you start off poorly, or find yourselves 2/3 of the way through the season without a hope at the playoffs, when do you bench the guy you just gave a ton of money to and find out what you have in Leinart?

As soon as possible. If the Cardinals are out of the playoffs through two-thirds of the season (which I find highly unlikely), then there should be no reason not to give Leinart some playing time to see what he's got. They need to make a decision soon as to whether he is going to be our franchise signal caller or if we need to find somebody else. Warner isn't going to play but a couple more years if that.

Bigburt63
05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm a Miami fan and I will agree that we won't make the playoffs this year as our schedule is absolutely brutal. We are looking at about 8 wins or so and we are still rebuilding.

But the people on here saying the Wildcat film as a reason that Miami won't have success, clearly didn't watch many Miami games last year. Yea the Wildcat is all well and good and provide a boost here or there but anyone that thinks it played a major role for us didn't pay attention.

If you wanna know why Miami played so well last year, look no further then Jake Long, Chad Pennington and Joey Porter. Our players stepped up. The success had very little to do with the Wildcat. The Wildcat is just the cherry on top.

I get what you are saying, and for the most aprt I agree. But the wildcat ran rough shot over NE early in the season, a win that could be seen as the reason they beat out the patriots for the AFCE title.

ShutDwn
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
The Panthers schedule is ridiculous, and their defense wasn't playing well at the end of last year.

Not to mention John Fox has yet to have back to back playoff seasons. Yea, I let that one out of the bag.

vikes_28
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
If the vikings don't make the playoffs i will pull my pubic hairs out.

stephenson86
05-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.

djp
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I think Houston finishes third and just outside of the playoff picture. Jacksonville takes a big step back breaking in a new offensive line and Indy and Tennessee both make it, although I am a bit shaky on Tennessee with the geezerness of Kerry Collins and the loss of Haynesworth.

If Schaub and Co. can stay healthy, the Texans will be a dangerous team and could easily unseat the Titans

scottyboy
05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
only way the Titans don't make it is if:
A: Kerry Collins single handedly brings them down. but he usually saves his major suckage for playoff time
B: The replacements for Fat Al suck majorly
C: The Colts run **** and go captain insane-o on everyone.

A is the most likely.

oh, and the Giants there is just silly for many aforementioned points brought up by fans of rivals...

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Philadelphia. Offense looks really good if those new tackles hold up(which I think they will) but the defense without Jim Johnson and Dawkins just isn't the same, how could it be. McNabb will have to play lights out IMO and well the NFC East is the NFC East.

Dolphins: Pennington is the magic man when everyone doubts him, but as soon as you expect something from him, bam he disappoints. Dolphins will still be a decent team but just miss the playoffs.

Vikings: Only if the Bears are who we thought they were and the Packers suprise early with the new 3-4 defense. That pesky QB play will always leave doubters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.

Falcons: Offense is again great especially with Tong G but that defense just lacks in the back 7 for me and Carolina/New Orleans could both take it. Plus you play the NFC East and AFC East along with your division so that opens things up for teams like Min/Chicago/Green Bay to steal a wild card spot. Plus I don't like their depth and somebody gets hurt at some point, doesn't Mike Peterson get hurt every year. They'll be a good solid team, but might just miss the playoffs.

Pittsburgh: Nah just kidding but that would be cool.

TitanHope
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.

Wha'eva dude! We gots his replacement right here:

http://www.theloveofsports.com/images/uploads/large/ChuckCecil1.jpg

Get you some! :cool:

:D

the decider13
05-21-2009, 05:25 PM
4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.

I think the division can really be a toss up. The only team I would be surprised by would be the Jags. The Texans definately have the talent to win the division if they can stay healthy. The WRs are very good, Slaton was beasting, the D has lots of nice pieces, and Kubiak is an excellent coach. They are definately on the brink. Wouldn't be shocked to see them push for a wildcard spot.

Mr. Hero
05-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I've always kinda liked the jags, I picked them to go to the superbowl for two straight years before last season, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they have a big season. I think i their oline gels they'll be a productive offensive team even if they lack big play ability from their passing game, although I think Holt will be a great influence on their young guys and I'm looking for Dilliard to make a big impact as their slot guy. And defensively I think their DL will be huge to their success, if they keep Henderson fresh and studly their Ends should be able to wreck havoc on many teams. Add to that a good solid LB corps. and a secondary with talent, Reggie Nelson better freakin break out this year I was too high on him for him to play as badly as he has been.

I know they're not a team that sticks out but I think they have a very good chance to be strong along both lines, smart and tough. Which can get you into the playoffs with some luck and careful play.

Iamcanadian
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

Unfortunately this is rubbish. The Titans offense is weak, nice OL, nice RB's but where is the championship QB??? Teams that lack a franchise QB practically never repeat for a playoff postion especially if their schedule is significantly tougher and I don't think they will be getting a .479 opponent SOS again with their 2 toughest opponents coming at the end of the season.
I actually expect that by game 6 or 7 you are going to see VY back as the starter.

awfullyquiet
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Note: That means the Cowboys are going to get in.

Which I don't see happening. Who's going to get in from the east? Obviously the OP (not BB) says the giants aren't... who then? the skins? the iggles? no. cowboy overrating.

Iamcanadian
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Philadelphia. Offense looks really good if those new tackles hold up(which I think they will) but the defense without Jim Johnson and Dawkins just isn't the same, how could it be. McNabb will have to play lights out IMO and well the NFC East is the NFC East.

I'll be shocked if Philly finishes 1st in the NFC East. Philly dominated the early 2000's when McNabb was one of the few franchise QB's in the NFC but even then, he had a lot of problems winning the big playoff games and rarely made it to the SB. So, I have to question if he can win the Big game??? IMO, their defense will be improved not worse than last season. This is still a veteran team who should be right there with the Giants but I agree, I doubt they are.

Dolphins: Pennington is the magic man when everyone doubts him, but as soon as you expect something from him, bam he disappoints. Dolphins will still be a decent team but just miss the playoffs.

Miami drew one of the easiest schedules last year as a last place team from the year before. They won't be so lucky this year and while I agree they finish 2nd to NE, I suspect they will be lucky to win 8 games even in that weak division. As for Pennington, it has been injuries that have struck him down not performance.

Vikings: Only if the Bears are who we thought they were and the Packers suprise early with the new 3-4 defense. That pesky QB play will always leave doubters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

Outside of Detroit, the NFC North is suddenly looking a lot tougher with Cutler and an improving Rodgers in the division. I agree that the Vikings will have a difficult road to hoe to win the division again.

Falcons: Offense is again great especially with Tong G but that defense just lacks in the back 7 for me and Carolina/New Orleans could both take it. Plus you play the NFC East and AFC East along with your division so that opens things up for teams like Min/Chicago/Green Bay to steal a wild card spot. Plus I don't like their depth and somebody gets hurt at some point, doesn't Mike Peterson get hurt every year. They'll be a good solid team, but might just miss the playoffs.

Well done. Solid analysis!

Pittsburgh: Nah just kidding but that would be cool.

A solid top 5 likely to bomb out.

AntoinCD
05-22-2009, 10:28 AM

I really disagree with this ranking.

First of all, I don't see the Titans winning the division again. When Haynesworth came out of games last year the defense held up but he was always coming back. VandenBosch, Kearse and Bullock are all a year older and offensively the can run the ball but until the prove they can go stride for stride with the Colts in the passing game I can't put them ahead of them.

Secondly, the Colts have brought in a new RB and slot WR and bolstered the DT position which should shore up the run. And they have Peyton Manning and as long as he's there the Colts will start the season as favourites for the divison.

Thirdly, the Jags have done bolstering their offensive line this offseason but they just are not explosive enough to stay with the Colts and Texans if it becomes a shootout. Their main receiving threat is Torry Holt who is 33 and hasn't been is usual standard this last two years.

And finally, the Texans have significantly improved each year in the last 3. If Schaub stays healthy they will have a very good passing game with Johnson and Daniels mainly. Slaton showed what he could do last year. Defensively, Antonio Smith will anchor left end especially on run downs with Barwin being a pass rush specialist.

Overall, the Titans have gone backwards this year, no matter what people say, with the loss of Haynesworth.

My question is this, if all of those teams where behind in the 4th quarter. Which QBs would you be comfortable with? Manning, definitely. Schaub, fairly comfortable. Collins, nervous. Garrard, resigned to defeat.

I would rank the South as

Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

XxXdragonXxX
05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
The Panthers schedule is ridiculous, and their defense wasn't playing well at the end of last year.

Not to mention John Fox has yet to have back to back playoff seasons. Yea, I let that one out of the bag.

The NFC South could be completely backwards from last year. The Atlanta Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons in the history of the franchise.

That division has easily the most parity in the NFL. Since reallignment no team has won back to back division titles. Tampa is the only team to win the division and then have a winning record the next year...they finished first at 9-7 in 2007 and then 3rd at 9-7 in 2008.

TitanHope
05-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I really disagree with this ranking.

First of all, I don't see the Titans winning the division again. When Haynesworth came out of games last year the defense held up but he was always coming back. VandenBosch, Kearse and Bullock are all a year older and offensively the can run the ball but until the prove they can go stride for stride with the Colts in the passing game I can't put them ahead of them.

*Bulluck, with two U's.

I don't mind the Colts being out in front of us, but the reasoning for it is ludicrous. Because the Titans can't throw the ball as well as the Colts? Well, the Colts can't run the ball as well as the Titans, so why is their superior passing attack make the difference?

Secondly, the Colts have brought in a new RB and slot WR and bolstered the DT position which should shore up the run. And they have Peyton Manning and as long as he's there the Colts will start the season as favourites for the divison.

Manning doesn't auto-crown the Colts as the division favorites, and I respect Manning as much as any other player in the NFL. What Manning does is keeps the Colts in contention for the division. But, while they've added talent, their coaching staff was completely unturned.

Thirdly, the Jags have done bolstering their offensive line this offseason but they just are not explosive enough to stay with the Colts and Texans if it becomes a shootout. Their main receiving threat is Torry Holt who is 33 and hasn't been is usual standard this last two years.

If the Jags OL is healthy, it is the 2nd best OL in the division. They'll be able to run the ball with MoJo Drew/Greg Jones, and while Torry Holt isn't the player he once was, he'll still give Garrard a viable receiver. Their defense depends on the progression of their young DE's Harvey and Groves. If those two players come into their own, that defense will be good.

And finally, the Texans have significantly improved each year in the last 3. If Schaub stays healthy they will have a very good passing game with Johnson and Daniels mainly. Slaton showed what he could do last year. Defensively, Antonio Smith will anchor left end especially on run downs with Barwin being a pass rush specialist.

No they haven't significantly improved. They've gone 6-10, 8-8, and then 8-8. That's not significant improvement. Going from 8-8, to 10-6, to 13-3 is significant improvement. In fact, Texans owner Bob McNair has actually spoken with dissatisfaction with Gary Kubiak, insinuating that he's on the hot seat.

This is the Texans... Open slowly, and go 2-6/3-5. They're notorious for starting slow, and that typically takes them out of the Playoff hunt right off the bat. Plus, Matt Schaub has miss 5 games each of the past two seasons, which means Dan Orlovsky will likely see the field. Antonio Smith was a solid signing, but he's not a great pass-rusher, which means they'll be relying on a rookie DE to take pressure off of Mario Williams.

The Texans still have the worst OL in the division, the worse secondary in the division, an injury prone QB, and zero depth on defense.

Overall, the Titans have gone backwards this year, no matter what people say, with the loss of Haynesworth.

No one's arguing they haven't, but they've brought in a DT in FA, upgraded the WR corps a deep threat WR in FA, and drafted a WR and DT in the Draft. It's not as if the Titans sat on their hands this offseason, yet Houston brings in fricking Antonio Smith, their draft class, and suddenly become the 2nd best team in the division?

My question is this, if all of those teams where behind in the 4th quarter. Which QBs would you be comfortable with? Manning, definitely. Schaub, fairly comfortable. Collins, nervous. Garrard, resigned to defeat.

I would rank the South as

Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

1) Colts
2) Titans
3a) Jaguars
3b) Texans

This is how the AFC South looks entering the season.

The Colts lost their coaching staff, but according to Geo and the Colts Team Leaders, it will not make the team decline. They bring their key players back, and had a solid draft.

The Titans are second, and while they lost a DPOY candidate in Haynesworth, their DL is still the deepest in the division going 4 deep at DE and 5 deep at DT. It won't be as good as last year's without Haynesworth, but even without Haynesworth, their DL is still better than Houston or Jacksonville's entering the season - they're not depending on rookie and FA starters like Houston, and the development of 2nd year players to produce a lot like Jax. Add in the additions in the passing game, the best coaching staff, the best OL, the best rushing game, the best secondary, the best OLB's, and the best depth all around, and they're slotted at 2nd in the division.

The Jags and Texans are unknowns. Yes, if Matt Schaub stays healthy the entire season and their OL finally comes together in pass-protection, then the offense will be very good. But, Schaub still hasn't been healthy for a full season, and the OL wasn't upgraded. Their defense will be dependent on a rookie DE to provide an effective pass-rush, despite only playing DE for one season, a rookie OLB, and a FA DE who didn't even start the entire season for Arizona - yet he's supposed to lockdown the opposite side of Super Mario? Plus, their secondary is the worst in the division and the one stud in Dunta Robinson is injury prone and unhappy with his contract. The Jags are dependant on their OL coming together and their young defense developing (Reggie Nelson, Harvery, Groves), but if they do, they'll be better than Houston. Both teams need to work on their consistency, especially at winning games they should win.

Splat
05-22-2009, 07:14 PM
The only team in the AFC West that can keep the Chargers from making the playoffs is the Chargers they will have to just fall apart.

OzTitan
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how, year after year, without fail, analysts and general fans rank the Texans ahead of the Titans. It happened non stop last year. Somehow the Texans are always the up and comers despite proving absolutely nothing, and the Titans the lucky overachievers despite proving plenty. "They lost Drew Bennett", "They lost Bobby Wade", "They lost Travis Henry", "They lost Travis LaBoy", "They lost Antwaan Odom". None mattered in the slightest as the Titans ascended the NFL power rankings. Now, AH is of a much higher caliber, but don't they deserve at least *some* benefit of the doubt? at least enough to be ranked higher than the freakin Texans? Good god.

BlindSite
05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how, year after year, without fail, analysts and general fans rank the Texans ahead of the Titans. It happened non stop last year. Somehow the Texans are always the up and comers despite proving absolutely nothing, and the Titans the lucky overachievers despite proving plenty. "They lost Drew Bennett", "They lost Bobby Wade", "They lost Travis Henry", "They lost Travis LaBoy", "They lost Antwaan Odom". None mattered in the slightest as the Titans ascended the NFL power rankings. Now, AH is of a much higher caliber, but don't they deserve at least *some* benefit of the doubt? at least enough to be ranked higher than the freakin Texans? Good god.

I know the feeling.

TitanHope
05-23-2009, 12:24 AM
I know the feeling.

Didn't you pick the Texans to make the Playoffs in your NFL Truths thread last season? ;)

In fact, I'm pretty sure you had every AFC South team making the Playoffs, aside from the Titans...

Smooth Criminal
05-23-2009, 01:27 AM
ya the media hates the Cardinals we get it, but until proven otherwise we are the best team in the NFC

They were the best team last year. Has nothing to do with this year.

TitanHope
05-23-2009, 09:56 PM
They were the best team last year. Has nothing to do with this year.

As long as we're using that logic... Browns for AFC North Champene!

I have Arizona by a mile at this point. They swept the division last season, and reached the Super Bowl. The Seahawks and Rams are breaking in new Head Coaches - even though I love Spags. San Fran switching to the 4-3 will be interesting too. It may not be theirs to lose in some peoples' opinions, but they're still the best team in the NFCW.

49ersfan_87
05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
As long as we're using that logic... Browns for AFC North Champene!

I have Arizona by a mile at this point. They swept the division last season, and reached the Super Bowl. The Seahawks and Rams are breaking in new Head Coaches - even though I love Spags. San Fran switching to the 4-3 will be interesting too. It may not be theirs to lose in some peoples' opinions, but they're still the best team in the NFCW.

San Fran is not switching to the 4-3, they'll be a base 3-4.

TitanHope
05-24-2009, 01:53 AM
San Fran is not switching to the 4-3, they'll be a base 3-4.

My mistake. I've been hearing that they played a hybrid last season, and will be using 4-man fronts even more this coming season - almost predominantly at some point.

Gay Ork Wang
05-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I do think u are underestimating the Seahawks TitanHope. The Seahawks lost like their starting QB, all their WRs, the whole OL was injured and the defense was riddled by injuries with guys like Kerney missing. Getting Hasselback back with TJ and the WRs and having Kerney and Curry in the defense their are not far behind the cards

CC.SD
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM
The only team in the AFC West that can keep the Chargers from making the playoffs is the Chargers they will have to just fall apart.

Yah they tried to do that last year but it ended up not working out, they made the playoffs anyway. hopefully this year they actually try to win games the whole season long.

zoinks
05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Color me surprised at the lack of concern over the coaching changes in Indy. If they were replacing Manning with a backup QB, everybody would be predicting the demise of the organization. But replace one of the most successful coaches of this generation with a former assistant who will be calling the shots for the first time, and nobody bats an eye.

Doing their hiring in-house should help to maintain continuity, but we've seen coaching changes for Super Bowl caliber teams before, with predictably mixed results. It remains to be seen whether Caldwell is another Seifert/Switzer type who keeps an already-moving train on the tracks, or if he'll crash and burn a la Richie Petitbon or Ray Handley. At this point, it could go either way.

Of course, the Colts' roster is still loaded with talent...but it'll be an uphill battle if the new staff struggles with gameplanning, playcalling, or in-game adjustments.