PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Holt signs w/ Arizona

lionsfan320
03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
just saw it on the espn news ticker... 5 year deal.

what does this mean for Bullocks and/or Kennedy? (or drafting Landry or Merriweather)

Pocket
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
We cut Kennedy, draft Landry and pair him with Bullocks. Sounds good to me.

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
We cut Kennedy, draft Landry and pair him with Bullocks. Sounds good to me.Cut him? Why not look for another 5th round pick?

I'd take anything over nothing, although I like the idea of drafting a good rookie S.

Pocket
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Yea, if someone will give us a 5th, I'd do it. But, I don't know what you do with 5? 5th rounders?

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Yea, if someone will give us a 5th, I'd do it. But, I don't know what you do with 5? 5th rounders?SOMEONE out there would accept a trade with that... 5 5th round picks for a 3rd rounder?

Haha... maybe... maybe not.

Addict
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
SOMEONE out there would accept a trade with that... 5 5th round picks for a 3rd rounder?

Haha... maybe... maybe not.

well... I don't know, maybe a team with some depth issues (the bengals, well they have enough players, they just can't seem to stay out of prison)?

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 04:17 PM
well... I don't know, maybe a team with some depth issues (the bengals, well they have enough players, they just can't seem to stay out of prison)?5 picks for 1 is a lot of picks... it MIGHT work.

Addict
03-08-2007, 04:20 PM
5 picks for 1 is a lot of picks... it MIGHT work.

If not, we'll have loads and loads of sleepers.

Hey if we draft wide recievers only in the 5th round, we're BOUND to get the next Colston right?

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
If not, we'll have loads and loads of sleepers.

Hey if we draft wide recievers only in the 5th round, we're BOUND to get the next Colston right?In order to get the next Colston, we'd have to trade our 5th round picks for 7th round picks...

... just to be a wise ass.

lionsfan320
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
actually, I hope we keep them, because we don't have a 6th (dre bly) or 7th (Big Jon Mcgraw) this year

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
actually, I hope we keep them, because we don't have a 6th (dre bly) or 7th (Big Jon Mcgraw) this yearI'd MUCH rather package them and move up to round 3 than stay in the 5th.

Although, you're right... it would give us more picks (and we're lacking our late picks), but i'd rather have the higher picks.

lionsfan320
03-08-2007, 04:44 PM
sounds like a good idea but, without any 6th or 7th we can get some good O line help or CB help..

always seem to find value in the 5th round although high third for 2 or three of the 5th rounders would be nice, but not all 4

Addict
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I'd MUCH rather package them and move up to round 3 than stay in the 5th.

Although, you're right... it would give us more picks (and we're lacking our late picks), but i'd rather have the higher picks.

5 fifth rounders would be a great way to add a good deal of depth to some notoriously (at least, for us) injury-prone positions (O-line comes to mind)

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
sounds like a good idea but, without any 6th or 7th we can get some good O line help or CB help..

always seem to find value in the 5th round although high third for 2 or three of the 5th rounders would be nice, but not all 4True. I guess i'm looking at our main needs (and my main focuses) for the draft. If we get a MLB, a CB, a DE, an OG and Stanton... i'll be happy.

Addict
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
True. I guess i'm looking at our main needs (and my main focuses) for the draft. If we get a MLB, a CB, a DE, an OG and Stanton... i'll be happy.

what would piss you off more: not choosing willis or not choosing stanton?

JPLUFF
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Good for Terrence Holt. I personally was never impressed with him, but a 5 year contract is good no matter who it is. Hopefully he does well in Arizona.

detroit4life
03-08-2007, 06:19 PM
seemed like a decent playmaker but avoided contact a lot which definitly doesnt fly with marinelli.

And i would not be upset at not taking a sefety this year because i would love to get kenny phillips next year that guy is gonna be amazing

TacticaLion
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
what would piss you off more: not choosing willis or not choosing stanton?If we were in the position to draft Willis but passed, i'd be more pissed.

I really want Willis.

I just "want" Stanton. I could definately do without Stanton, but want Willis badly.

wingboy2999
03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
If we keep all our fifths... I think that could be very good. In that area, there will be players that may slip for character issues, bad combines, etc. etc. We have much better chances to find a great sleeper and if not, oh well, it is a 5th rounder.

WMD
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Patrick Willis is my favorite player in the draft.. I do not want to pass on him if we're in position. I definately want Meriweather in Round 2.. I think we'd greatly improve our D with those two picks.. Throw in Dan Bazuin in Round 3 and a great draft we have had.

Severe Punishment
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
From an outsiders perspective ....why is there little talk of
a CB ? picking as high as Detroit does..I'd think BPA could be from a
number of positions.....just curious as to why there's so little talk
about a CB.

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
From an outsiders perspective ....why is there little talk of
a CB ? picking as high as Detroit does..I'd think BPA could be from a
number of positions.....just curious as to why there's so little talk
about a CB.

That's true... there are a few reasons, but CB needs to be addressed.

As you probably know, most positions in the Cover 2 defense are more important than the CB position (MLB and DE, for example). I also haven't heard much from the coaches/management, which makes me wonder if they think Wilson/Bryant is a solid starting group. *shrugs*... no clue. We'll draft a CB, but I think they'll focus on MLB, DE, OG, S and Stanton (no, not QB... just Stanton... hah).

And, if we grab a S/CB tweener, that player can start at CB and move to SS when Kennedy finally leaves us.

*shrugs*... hope that got you (us) somewhere.

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Patrick Willis is my favorite player in the draft.. I do not want to pass on him if we're in position. I definately want Meriweather in Round 2.. I think we'd greatly improve our D with those two picks.. Throw in Dan Bazuin in Round 3 and a great draft we have had.If we're in the position to take Willis, I have to think we traded down. SO, with that come extra picks and this suggested draft:

1. Willis
2a. Stanton
2b. Meriweather
3a. ***Best CB/OG Available***
3b. Bazuin

I'd take it.

Xiomera
03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I will say it again . . . I want LaRon Landry!

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I will say it again . . . I want LaRon Landry!

More than Willis?

What would your suggested draft be with a trade down (and additional 2nd and 3rd round pick) and Landry in round 1?

Xiomera
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
More than Willis?

What would your suggested draft be with a trade down (and additional 2nd and 3rd round pick) and Landry in round 1?

I don't want to discuss Willis as a possibility for us unless we trade out of the top ten. I just don't see Detroit taking him unless they move down considerably. If we trade down within the top ten, Gaines Adams and LaRon Landry are the targets, with Carriker in there as a third choice.

It's definatly not probable that we select Landry, but I think he is gonna be a star (moreso than Willis).

Microphon200
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM
just saw it on the espn news ticker... 5 year deal.

what does this mean for Bullocks and/or Kennedy? (or drafting Landry or Merriweather)

Bad signing.

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't want to discuss Willis as a possibility for us unless we trade out of the top ten. I just don't see Detroit taking him unless they move down considerably. If we trade down within the top ten, Gaines Adams and LaRon Landry are the targets, with Carriker in there as a third choice.

It's definatly not probable that we select Landry, but I think he is gonna be a star (moreso than Willis).I know what you mean about Landry... and I think it's the same with me and Willis. I want him and I know he'll dominate... so will Landry.

*sigh*... lets trade Kennedy for the Pats two 1st round picks, then trade around and grab 3 top 15 draft picks. With those, we can grab GAdams, LLandry AND PWillis, and I can watch the Lions make it deep into the playoffs next year.

detroit4life
03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I know what you mean about Landry... and I think it's the same with me and Willis. I want him and I know he'll dominate... so will Landry.

*sigh*... lets trade Kennedy for the Pats two 1st round picks, then trade around and grab 3 top 15 draft picks. With those, we can grab GAdams, LLandry AND PWillis, and I can watch the Lions make it deep into the playoffs next year.

i mean i guess thats possible

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
i mean i guess thats possibleI wish.

Question: which would you rather have... GAdams, PWillis AND LLandry (and that's it)... or our current picks?

detroit4life
03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd take the three players. That gives you three of the best defensive players in this draft it would hurt to not be able to adress CB and Oline but to add three impact players like that is pretty amazing but i dont think we would ever be able to pullthat off that requires two top 10 picks and a pick in the 12-20 range

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd take the three players. That gives you three of the best defensive players in this draft it would hurt to not be able to adress CB and Oline but to add three impact players like that is pretty amazing but i dont think we would ever be able to pullthat off that requires two top 10 picks and a pick in the 12-20 rangeYep. We'd have to trade our picks and some of our talent to grab that... but it would be amazing.

It wouldn't happen. Maybe in Madden, but not in here.