PDA

View Full Version : The Other Ole Miss DE

PACKmanN
05-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Marcus Tillman, what are your thoughts on him? what is his future position in the pros and also how high and low could he go?

Don Vito
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Yup it's Marcus Tillman. He is probably the most consistent and reliable player on our defense and I think you could definitely see his stock go up. He has great size at about 6-5 270 and he is a good athlete, but not as athletic as Hardy. Tillman is very good against the run and shifts inside to DT on passing downs occasionally. He hasn't put up super numbers since his freshman All-American year, but he has been facing double teams throughout his career. He could have a Justin Tuck type role in the NFL as a run stuffing LE who shifts inside as a DT on passing downs. He has the ability to project to a number of positions in the NFL, you don't hear much about him now but you will definitely be hearing more about him in the fall.

Either that or you are talking about the other senior Ole Miss DE, Kentrell Lockett. He's 6-5 240-250, he blocked PAT against Florida this year to win it. He is very lanky but he is a great athlete, he made huge strides as the year went on last season. All of these guys are great talents, I just want to see them all healthy and performing.

JRTPlaya21
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
That is one sick sig. I would love to see Ole Miss in the BCS.

Don Vito
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
That is one sick sig. I would love to see Ole Miss in the BCS.

We have a shot, there will be some easy out of conference games but we will have a tough conference schedule of course. The good thing is we play Bama, LSU, Tennesseem State, and Arkansas at home and we don't play Florida or UGA this year. I am worried about playing SC in Columbia on Thursday night, that should be a hell of a game and Auburn in Auburn could be tough too. That would be one hell of a two year turnaround if we make it to a BCS game, but Nutt still has his doubters and he has to prove them wrong THIS year.

PACKmanN
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM
so could he bulk up to 280-290 and play DE in a 3-4? or is he a better option at OLB in a 3-4?

Don Vito
05-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I think 5-tech is a possibility. His game is playing the run and he is very strong, he will probably need to bulk up a little but his skillset screams 3-4 end.

The Legend
05-23-2009, 01:29 AM
so could he bulk up to 280-290 and play DE in a 3-4? or is he a better option at OLB in a 3-4?

Reminds me of Jarrett Johnson

Don Vito
05-23-2009, 11:56 AM

I could see that. He could project to a number of positions, this year will be big on determining that. He plays that Justin Tuck type of role for us as a LE who can shift inside to DT on passing downs, but some people also think he has the ability to play OLB in a 3-4 as some people felt about Tuck coming out of ND. He is sort of similar to Tuck as a prospect but probably a poorer man's version right now.

SenorGato
05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Think more Kyle Moore from last year.