PDA

View Full Version : Todd Johnson

GSOT
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Rams just signed him....and was just looking for some input from you guys.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
He can hit really really hard. Really hard.

A lot of Bears fans don't like him, but I always did. He's not a longterm answer as a starter by any means, but is decent depth at safety and good on special teams.

I guess it just depends on how much money he got and what the Rams expect of him. I think he's a good player to have on any team though.

GSOT
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Sounds good....i think he will just be used as depth and as a ST'er...glad to know he hits hard, we need some of that on this D.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah I just checked out the Rams website. They want him as the 3rd safety and special teams player. Sounds about right.

Interesting that it's a 4 year deal. Looks like Johnson got a little financial security off the Superbowl pub. I'd be interested to see the #'s if you come across them.

GSOT
03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I will post them, if i find them.

bearfan
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
He is a decent player, but like 51 said, he hits hard. I believe that one year he had a broken jaw from a hit, or thats at least what the papers said.

Smokey Joe
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Damn... I would have liked to have kept him. I think makes drafting a S more likely now.

GSOT
03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Here ya go 51

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2792133

4 years for $4 mil

toonsterwu
03-08-2007, 05:17 PM
That's a solid deal for the Rams. Very smart offseason for you guys so far with the Hall move, signing McMichael and Bennett for the offense. Albeit, I didn't see the big need to go with a safety in FA, as I thought you guys had capable depth options on hand, but 4 years for 4 million is, for football, a pittance.

GSOT
03-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Cheers...i like what i am hearing from this guy, and yeah our offense has been ok....obviously very biased towards offense...and it looks like this Linehan is more of an offensive junky than mad Mike Martz was....anyways...i am loving the way our offense is looking, but will it be able to get on the field enough with this D?

toonsterwu
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I think your D is looking better. Experience alone should help some of the youngsters. Oshimogo Atogwe looks better than I thought when he was drafted. Hall should allow Adeyanju some much needed developmental time.

Another LB is needed, a DT is needed, but the simple process of gaining experience should help. The one big positive thing about Todd Johnson is that he's a smart player who should be able to help tutor some of the youngsters.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah I like the subtle moves the Rams have been making.

I still don't understand why the Lions were so eager to get rid of James Hall.

HawkeyeFan
03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
The Lions wanted to get rid of him because he was starting to be a cancer in the locker room, he was sick and frustrated of losing. Atleast thats what a article said.

Thanks for the insight on Todd Johnson though guys!