PDA

View Full Version : Russell or Garcia?

05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
The question is simple, who should start?

Who ya got?

Stash
05-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Russell should start just because we have so much invested in him and it will benefit us in the long haul. I think we would have a better chance to win now with Garcia though.

Komp
05-22-2009, 01:07 PM
It has to be Russell....he made some strides last year with his decision making and with the new additions at WR we should have an improved passing by the end of the year. There may be some growing pains with WR's at the start, but our passing game can't get any worse from a WR standpoint.

Kurve
05-23-2009, 04:13 PM
why the hell should the raiders give up on a kid with one year playing time with a 60mil contract i sure hope the raiders dont have such lack of faith on this kid.

Abaddon
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.

05-24-2009, 06:49 PM
No matter how good Garcia may look in camp, which he hasn't at all to this point, Russell will be leading the team into week one. After that, it will probably be an issue to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, partly because I’m not expecting Russell to be anymore than an above average starter in his second full season. Garcia is the key to a few more victories this season, and we all know how hungry Al and the coaching staff are for success. I’d say this season even moreso than the last few. We could see a few instances where Russell is pulled in favor of Garcia during the second half of games to try and obtain the W. Our pass protection is still a major concern of mine as well as the majority of the receiving core, which shouldn’t help his cause much.

RaiderNation
05-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Starting Garcia means we have given up on Russell, and I havent

05-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.

I always enjoy your posts, however pessimistic they may be .. :rolleyes:

Donno
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.

05-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.

I never said who would start, but rather who should ..

Which QB gives the team the best chance to win this season?

superman8456
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
In my opinion, its not even a question. Jamarcus Russell WILL and SHOULD be your starter next season. I think getting a veteran that actually did something and knows the game very well around him will do wonders. It is also GREAT insurance having Garcia as a backup. As an Eagle fan, I can remember how he put the Eagles on his back and brought them to the playoffs a couple season ago.

whatadai
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?

05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?

Nah, more like 8-8. Good enough to take this division. :)

locseti
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I hate to say this, but come on, Garcia gives us a better chance to win at this point. Russell still cant even hit his rb's out of the backfield consistently, and hasn't looked any better in camp.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't think it matters if Russell is outperformed in training camp its his third year and Al wants to prove hes right, I'm pretty sure he'll start at the beggining of the season and even if he plays awful I feel he'll be the starter for quite a while this season before he's replaced.

Burger
05-28-2009, 12:10 AM
The day Garcia starts, is the same day Tom Cable is on the hot seat.

Abaddon
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I always enjoy your posts, however pessimistic they may be .. :rolleyes:

Realism: Not everyone can handle it.

Abaddon
06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
The day Garcia starts, is the same day Tom Cable is on the hot seat.

The day a coach signs with Oakland is the day he's on the hotseat.

After the Raiders finish below .500 again, I think someone will have to talk Al out of firing him.

Then again, he does seem to be a good little puppet. Maybe Al will keep him around for another season.

NIN1984
06-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I hate to say it because I like the guy but Tom Cable seems like the perfect puppet. I honestly think Al is gonna keep Cable around for a few years.

Raider_fan_Canada
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
The thing a lot of people forget is that Russell outplayed Garcia in the season finale at Tampa Bay.

There is nothing wrong about the Jamarcus Russell that finished the season very strong last year. I dont understand people bashing the guy when he showed undeniable improvement (just like the team) in the last 6 games. When Mario Henderson replaced Kwame Harris and the 2 young WRs stepped up their play he became very good. I dont see him that much behind the curve like others.

Komp
06-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Very good points.....when you look at his LT and WR help, you can see why he didn't up looking fantastic for the first 10 games.

bucsfan784
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Coming from a Bucs fan, I'd start Garcia. He is a very underrated QB. Garcia knows how to win games, is very mobile, and is smart with the football. Garcia's numbers may not jump out at you like he is an amazing QB because he isn't, but he can get the job done.