PDA

View Full Version : So

CT Bronco Fan
05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
So now that the draft has been about a month ago, how are Bronco fans feeling?

I know a few days after the draft I was pretty upset about how the draft went. But now I feel like my orange and blue glasses are back on and I'm pretty excited about the season. Knowshon gives us the first legit runningback option we've had in awhile. Part of me is happy to get a highly regarded back instead of undrafted or late rounders. I'm still a little anxious to see how our 3-4 is going to shape up, but, it can't be any worse than last years D.

It is hard to really make any predictions about how we will do this season, I think San Diego will run away with the division, and I feel like we can go 8-8 at the worst. We might even be able to challenge for a wildcard depending on if we can pull of a few wins against either pittsburgh, indy, philly, giants, dallas, new england or baltimore. If we can win 4 of those games, I think we will be a wildcard. the rest of the schedule aside from those 7, and san diego twice are very winnable.

I am pretty sure camp starts soon, and I am very excited for that.

the decider13
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that we are the only ones left that are still happy with the team lol Everyone else has dismissed them as screwing up the draft and getting worse from last year. I think Knowshon is a great addition with phenominal skills who will really take the pressure off of Orton. Alphonso Smith isn't going to be a lockdown corner, but he will generate some T/Os with his ball hawking. Ayers is a mauler, I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action. The UDFA pick ups were very good, with some awesome potential.

I think the defense is definately the question mark, but they honestly can't get worse. A hybrid defense should be interesting. I really want to see how Dummervil, Woodyard, and Marcus Thomas work in to the new defense. Not sure how they all will fit.

The schedule is difficult, and that could definately hold them back, but none of the games are going to run aways, they should all be pretty close. A few wins, a few losses from closely contested games. They had a hard time closing games in the redzone last year, but a real running back plus the development of Royal should help that along.

BTW, I'm not a nuggets fan, but that move in your sig from yesterday was freaking amazing lol

Ness
05-22-2009, 11:57 PM
How do you guys feel about the Jay Cutler situation now?

the decider13
05-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Eh...the Cutler thing is still a tough one. Until I see what we are getting with Orton or Simms, I'm a little skeptical. That isn't a shot at any of the players brought over in the trade. I think Ayers is good, and the same with Alphonso smith. Both will improve the defense a good deal. The way things had gone with Jay being so upset about trade rumors, this was really the only possible ending. He would have been a locker room distraction and would have cost the team greatly (new contract) if they really wanted to keep him. Now they don't have tons of money wrapped up in QB and can spread the wealth a little.

Me Likey Rookies
05-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I hope Woodyard can find a spot in the new defense, he is a beast

Timbathia
05-28-2009, 01:57 AM
I have been comfortable with the off-season all along. The Cutler thing wasnt ideal, but I didnt (and still dont) think it is that big a deal based on the new offense being installed.

The draft to me was fine. The Broncos roster was in a bad way, despite winning 8 games last year. We needed more players than 1 off-season could fix. I have no problem with McDaniels ignoring a need if there are no players in that position you think fits.

I guess I am content now with the idea that we wont make playoffs this season, but am very excited to see how the new direction takes off once the season starts.

rascal
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
lol...I congratulate those who think this team will go 8-8 for your incredible optimism.

CT Bronco Fan
05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
lol...I congratulate those who think this team will go 8-8 for your incredible optimism.

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!