PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick?

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Hear me out first!!

Okay, Ozzie Newsome loves to give guys second chances right? (i.e Ladarius Webb) Especially when he sees them turn there lives around. Vick would bring a whole new dimension into our offense and with him, we'd actually have a weapon to attack the Steelers with. We could use him at RB, WR, QB, KR, and PR. He'd be an very nice addition and give opponents 1 extra thing to prepare for. Now, I know people say he comes with baggage, but what is it? He was never a trouble in the locker room, never got into fights, and I do believe that he has learned from what he did wrong. Now, obviously he might be a little bit pricy and attract alot of hate from dog lovers, but the reward is just HUGE. I know many of you guys would rather stay away but I wanted to get more opinions.

Thoughts?

jkpigskin
05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
throughout this whole thing, the thought of him becoming a raven was always in my head. But i cannot see it happening. I wouldnt think he fits the mold of what John Harbaugh wants in a football player.

But the thought of him coming to Baltimore would be intriguing. one reason I would not want Vick is that he would replace Troy Smith b/c I see Vick playing the same role as Smith and Vick is easily a more explosive option.

My friend on the possibility of getting Vick "Our team of thugs and criminals would get even more thuggish". the refs would love us!

coordinator0
05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I really don't think he would contribute anywhere else besides wildcat QB, and that just isn't enough to justify what he will probably want to get paid. To my knowledge he hasn't ever player WR, KR, or PR nor do we really need another one now with Webb and Carr.

jkpigskin
05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
i also want to say
i dont think we need any help in our return game cause i feel like we have one of the bests in Chris Carr. If Webb or anybody else can beat him out in camp, that tells you how good they are cause people forget that Carr led the league (i think) last year in return avg.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
You guys do have a point, all the positions that he can help out at, are currently stacked except for WR, but who knows how well he'd play there. Its intriging to say the least, I wouldn't be extremly shocked if it happened.

coordinator0
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
You guys do have a point, all the positions that he can help out at, are currently stacked except for WR, but who knows how well he'd play there. Its intriging to say the least, I wouldn't be extremly shocked if it happened.

I wouldn't either, but he would probably have to take a pretty small contract IMO for it to happen. We're already trying to negotiate deals with Gaither and Suggs (at least that we know of) and they will probably command a lot of cash themselves.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-23-2009, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't either, but he would probably have to take a pretty small contract IMO for it to happen. We're already trying to negotiate deals with Gaither and Suggs (at least that we know of) and they will probably command a lot of cash themselves.

you got a point, the guys we already have should be our first priority to sign longterm, then go for the luxuries.

Ravens1991
05-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Depending on the price I actually wouldnt mind it.

TACKLE
05-25-2009, 03:18 PM
He's doesn't fill a need but it never hurts to have more talent on our roster.

lordquas
05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
we got troy smith

wtf

A Perfect Score
05-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I really cant see it. He doesnt fit with team mentality, as was said above, doesnt feel like a Harbaugh type player. Not to mention, any team that brings Vick aboard is going to have an absolute public relations nightmare on their hands, and Im sure thats something that teams will take into consideration before signing him. That said, hes intriguing, but I would be very surprised to see the Ravens be the team to pick him up.

ChefMike
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I could see it... he is a versatile type player that can and has to contribute on a lot of different fronts. I think his time behind bars will change his view and change his style off the field. I could see him being a RB for a team but not a QB and with the "Wildcat" being an important piece of the pie for most teams now... he will get more and more looks...

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't see it happening, BUT....

If he came here for around league minimum I would support it, because I believe he deserves a second chance. And as much as I enjoy Troy Smith, Vick would make our wildcat package 10 times what it already is. Troy possesses (too many S's I think) nowhere near the speed or arm that Vick has. Plus if you run a play like we ran last year with Flacco catching the pass, but instead sent Vick out its a TD the majority of the time.