PDA

View Full Version : Willis Mcgahee will Own

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

Absolutely insane to pay him this much money, this is why you don't trade for an ego maniac with a psychotic agent, and we deserve to have this blow up in our face for giving this clown a deal like this.

fenikz
03-08-2007, 02:55 PM
compared to the deals going around thats a steal, Willis is a top 10 back

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
**** no he isn't.

Ravens1991
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
yea I heard that he better get 1200+ and 8+ TDs before I even consider it even. He better be a pro bowler.

ricky bobby
03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
That's a fair deal, he's still young 25 yrs. old and he is a very good running back. You shouldn't complain about a contract like that this day and age.

detroit4life
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
i think he'll do well in baltimore he's a good back IMO you guys will be happy with it in a year

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Yeah we get Will and still have our 2nd rounder, with Ray on his ass Will is going for 2,000 yards.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
WHOA THATS TOO BIG!!! He better get like 1300 + yards and 10+ TD's to match that contract. I know hes happy in b-more and the only way to pay us back is to perform well on the football field which is what i hope he'll do. Hes got alot of potential and finally has a solid o-line to run behind.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
compared to the deals going around thats a steal, Willis is a top 10 back

Maybe if he was playin High School teams he would be.

Here are some Rbs right off the top of my head better then him:

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Brian Westbrook
Ahman Green
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis
Chester Taylor

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Rosenhaus will be kicking himself in 2 years when he is rushing for big numbers here and signed him for such a small amount compared to others that have signed long term deals...I think its a good deal for both parties...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Rosenhaus will be kicking himself in 2 years when he is rushing for big numbers here and signed him for such a small amount compared to others that have signed long term deals...I think its a good deal for both parties...

Except he wont be running for big totals here, and don't worry if by some miracle he does have a good year Rosenhaus and WIllis will holdout next year for more money this is just an all around terrible move by our franchise.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Brian Westbrook
Ahman Green
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis
Chester Taylor
IMO he is better that all of the bolded. McGahee has his ups and downs and he isn't the best RB but he has potential to be a top 10 maybe top 5 RB and he came to the right place to become 1. Our offense is based on the run and has a solid o-line to give him some holes. Stop Bashing him, atleast until the end of the season.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
IMO he is better that all of the bolded. McGahee has his ups and downs and he isn't the best RB but he has potential to be a top 10 maybe top 5 RB and he came to the right place to become 1. Our offense is based on the run and has a solid o-line to give him some holes. Stop Bashing him, atleast until the end of the season.

Well I wont stop bashing him thats for sure, and I completely disagree with this top 10 and especially top 5 he just isnt a very good RB at all, and we just gave up 3 picks and a ton of meny for him.

Go Cowboys
03-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Brian Westbrook
Ahman Green
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis
Chester Taylor
Your kidding about some of those guys right? he is a top 10 RB he has proven that he can make things happen if he has a hole and if not he does what any other back does and struggles.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
ERU cmon Ahman Green? If it was 04 sure but cmon dog.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Well it aint like McGahee has been so stellar that its impossible to believe there are better guys, and to anyone who thinks Willis is even on the same level with Thomas Jones your crazy!

Rob S
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Clearly better than Willis:
Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Clinton Portis
Rudi Johnson
Steven Jackson

Probably better than Willis:
Ronnie Brown
Thomas Jones
Brian Westbrook
Willie Parker
Frank Gore
Travis Henry
Laurence Maroney (I will take Maroney any day over Willis)

I put Willis in the top 15, not top 10. Too bad for the Raven he is getting paid elite money.

Splat
03-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Brian Westbrook
Ahman Green
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis
Chester Taylor

Your joking right? McGahee is better then half those guys in four years he has went over 1000 yards twice and ten yards away from doing it a 3rd time with no QB and a crap line.

Rob S
03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
If you dont know the Bills, please dont talk abput them. The OL was really playing well at the end of last year and Losman was statistically a top 10-15 QB last year, even better at the end of the season. Willis didnt get a 1000 yards because he never hit the holes, which were there in the latter portion of the season.

ccB
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Brian Westbrook
Ahman Green
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis
Chester Taylor

Some of those guys might be better for a one year fix but not long term.

ccB
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
If you dont know the Bills, please dont talk abput them. The OL was really playing well at the end of last year and Losman was statistically a top 10-15 QB last year, even better at the end of the season. Willis didnt get a 1000 yards because he never hit the holes, which were there in the latter portion of the season.

Hey why dont we talk about the bills in the bills team discussion.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Willis is a great back. Top 12. He's a Raven and we support our Ravens.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Willis is a great back. Top 12. He's a Raven and we support our Ravens.

You throw blind support for him all you want, he hasn't done a thing yet to prove himself with this organization. I prefer to wait until at least training camp to see him do something before I throw support behind him. He has too much baggage with him to get blind support from me....

Splat
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM

I know they still suck can I still say that.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I know they still suck can I still say that.

You will have to wait while we check with the judges for clarification.........

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Yahoo Sports says its 6 years $32 million.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Hours after the trade was announced Thursday afternoon, ESPN.com learned McGahee will sign a new seven-year contract with Baltimore, the last two seasons of which are options years, that can be worth a total of $40.12 million. In terms of so-called "new money," the contract places McGahee among the NFL's five highest-paid running backs.

McGahee will receive an initial signing bonus of $7.5 million and subsequent option bonuses of $6 million after the 2007 season and $1.5 million following the 2008 season, for a total of $15 million. The base salaries are $595,000 (2007), $605,000 ('08), $620,000 ('09), $3.6 million ('10), $6 million ('11), $6.5 million ('12) and $7.2 million ('13).

Even without the option years at the end of the contract, the deal is worth $26.42 million over five years.

These figures as reported on ESPN.com

Oh and some support for the argument of drafting a back as opposed to trading for someone else's:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10047765

These are good points and should be considered. Plus thats alot of upfront money for a guy with career YPC of under 4.0 yards.

DeathbyStat
03-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Absolutely insane to pay him this much money, this is why you don't trade for an ego maniac with a psychotic agent, and we deserve to have this blow up in our face for giving this clown a deal like this.

I hope your right.

Geo
03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Willis McGahee may not be a Top 10 back, yet, but he's certainly Top 10 in talent.

As long as the Ravens continue to rebuild the offensive line as they have already begun doing, they'll reap the benefits of their investment. The team has really done a good job of bringing in young talent at skill positions, Demetrius Williams at WR and now McGahee at RB, to help them become more explosive.

Which coupled with their defense, which was the best in the league last year imo, gives them as good a chance as any.

The Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens rematch in this year's regular season is going to be something to watch, isn't it? I didn't think anything could top the hostility and adversarial atmosphere of the season opener against the New York Gaints, in Giants Stadium, but the divisional playoff game at Baltimore achieved that goal.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Willis McGahee may not be a Top 10 back, yet, but he's certainly Top 10 in talent.

As long as the Ravens continue to rebuild the offensive line as they have already begun doing, they'll reap the benefits of their investment. The team has really done a good job of bringing in young talent at skill positions, Demetrius Williams at WR and now McGahee at RB, to help them become more explosive.

Which coupled with their defense, which was the best in the league last year imo, gives them as good a chance as any.

The Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens rematch in this year's regular season is going to be something to watch, isn't it? I didn't think anything could top the hostility and adversarial atmosphere of the season opener against the New York Gaints, in Giants Stadium, but the divisional playoff game at Baltimore achieved that goal.

Many people forget that before his injury he was a Top 10 pick.

Yung Flippa
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
People Question Why We Traded For Him
But Then Again You Have To Remember That People Question
A Lot Of Ozzie's moves
And Look At How Most Of Ozzie's Desicions Worked Out
Willis Will Be Good In Purple and Black!!!!

jkpigskin
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
in ozzie we trust

anyway, i like mcgahee when he was at the U,

the sub 4 ypc can attribute him being banged up and a line that was worse than ours... hopefully he can shake the injury bug

bmoreravens5289
03-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Wouldn't you think we would see how Willis does this year before we lock him up for all that money???????

art vandelay
03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
in ozzie we trust

anyway, i like mcgahee when he was at the U,

the sub 4 ypc can attribute him being banged up and a line that was worse than ours... hopefully he can shake the injury bug

He doesn't really have an injury bug at all actually...I think he's only missed 4 games in his career. In all honesty, I have never been more excited to see a player leave. He doesn't hit holes and thinks he still has the speed to take it around the corner that he used to, but simply does not. He will try to bounce many runs outside and end up losing yardage. If you guys can get Willis to hit a hole and somehow gain some speeed, then more power to you. Good luck with Willis, he has some potential but sometimes just looks uninterested and not passionate when he runs.

Yung Flippa
03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Wasn't Like A Mintue Ago That We
Were going crazy when We Got Willis?
At Least Give Him A Chance To Live Up To The Money He's Earning
He Will Do Great This Season Because he Will Be Motivated By Fellow Miami
Players Ray Lewis and Ed Reed

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Wasn't Like A Mintue Ago That We
Were going crazy when We Got Willis?
At Least Give Him A Chance To Live Up To The Money He's Earning
He Will Do Great This Season Because he Will Be Motivated By Fellow Miami
Players Ray Lewis and Ed Reed

Please stop posting......reading your comments gives me a headache.............

Not everyone is excited and this is a thread entitled: "Why Willis Sucks"! Did you not expect to hear negative comments?

jkpigskin
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't you think we would see how Willis does this year before we lock him up for all that money???????

i think that would have been bad....

that would put the ravens in a bad position again to lock up a runner, and if he had done well, he would have cost even more

PalmerToCJ
03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Ozzie is obviously successful but that's a lot to give up IMO. I just think a guy like Hunt or Bush can be had in the second that would really improve your run game and you'd still have those 2 thirds and a player signed to a lesser deal.

Regardless, he's better than Jamal was for you last year so it's an improvement. I just personally think there would have been better ways of going about improving the run game. I think your FO is banking on the "U" pride kicking in when he's combine with Ray-Ray and Reed.

And they had to sign him long term... You can't give up 2 3rd rounders for a guy and risk him leaving via FA the very next year, that would be rough.

TCU
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
His salary jumps up 3 million between 08 and 09 and 3 million more in 2010, he will definitly get cut in one of those years.

Yung Flippa
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
His salary jumps up 3 million between 08 and 09 and 3 million more in 2010, he will definitly get cut in one of those years.

I Agree He Probably Will Get Cut Before His "Super" Raise

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
i think alot of people are forgettingn willis has not had his best year yet, and he has not maxed out his potential....i laugh at everyone who says frank gore is better, last year that comment would of been ludicrous, now after one pro bowl season gore is better....

mcgahee has the potential to rush for over 1200 yds, and is only 25 yrs old, for a team like the ravens, who are looking to win ASAP, with mcnair, and lewis, this was perfect for them....

jamal lewis wasnt the answer, no depth at RB in the draft this year, you would not of found quality to step right in and start in round 3, and your getting a former first rd draft pick that hasnt reached his potential yet...

ravens fans should be very happy about the turnout, ogden and ray lewis arent going to play forever, to those thatt dont like the move, what do you think would of been a better idea

ccB
03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
He doesn't really have an injury bug at all actually...I think he's only missed 4 games in his career. In all honesty, I have never been more excited to see a player leave. He doesn't hit holes and thinks he still has the speed to take it around the corner that he used to, but simply does not. He will try to bounce many runs outside and end up losing yardage. If you guys can get Willis to hit a hole and somehow gain some speeed, then more power to you. Good luck with Willis, he has some potential but sometimes just looks uninterested and not passionate when he runs.

Dude we understand your happy hes gone, go talk about it in your own thread. Im tired of all these buffalo guys like OMG IM SO GLAD HES GONE!@!@$#@ ok good well go talk about how glad you are in your own discussion (no offense to schubbie thats my homie)

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I really hope once the season starts we can look back on this thread and you can all tell me about how wrong I was, I really hope that, and Willis seems like a good dude, sure he may have some illegitimate kids but so what who likes condoms anyway? Thats not a major character concern IMO. Anywho now that Ive settled from the imediate hatred of the deal I guess it could be worse we could have signed Dillon or Brown or Duckett.

ccB
03-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I really hope once the season starts we can look back on this thread and you can all tell me about how wrong I was, I really hope that, and Willis seems like a good dude, sure he may have some illegitimate kids but so what who likes condoms anyway? Thats not a major character concern IMO. Anywho now that Ive settled from the imediate hatred of the deal I guess it could be worse we could have signed Dillon or Brown or Duckett.

Thats why I like it so much, because I did not want Dillon, or Brown or any of the other RB's that were available. Out of everyone we could have possibly picked up Willis was the only one I even almost liked.

bigmac076
03-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Thats why I like it so much, because I did not want Dillon, or Brown or any of the other RB's that were available. Out of everyone we could have possibly picked up Willis was the only one I even almost liked.
When are the rest of us cool enough to have Avys?

ChefMike
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Dude we understand your happy hes gone, go talk about it in your own thread. Im tired of all these buffalo guys like OMG IM SO GLAD HES GONE!@!@$#@ ok good well go talk about how glad you are in your own discussion (no offense to schubbie thats my homie)

No Kidding ! Dude the Bills should be sweating now... if he is so bad fine...but he was the best thing you had on your roster and now you have less ?!?!?! and you lost London Fletcher off your defense !! Your Team is going in the toilet and getting flushed faster then an industrial strength crapper ! Now your choices to replace him are a rookie ? Corey Dillion ? Chris Brown ? Ron Dayne ? Dominic Rhodes is the best out there thats left and he is going to goto the Giants...Don't hate on us because our FO cares about the fans and the team not just the bottomline they want to put a winner on the field and on the bottomline and we do both VERY WELL !!! So take your posts back to your own Teams pages and leave the winning and the intelligent moves to Ozzie and the rest of the Ravens FO !!!

Splat
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Any word on what # he will rock no way Chris McAlister is coming off 21?

bennybee38
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
he'd look mighty fine in 28 or 23...

go_ravens94
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
he'd look mighty fine in 28 or 23...

I guess that'd work...

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
When are the rest of us cool enough to have Avys?

How many times will this question have to be asked?

Anyway it will be interesting to see what number Willis chooses to wear?

TheChampIsHere
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I think Willis is easily one of the top 10 backs in the league and if hes fully healthy and behind a decent line he'll prove himself to be top 5. In this market, the Ravens got a solid deal on him and 2 3rd rounders and 7th rounder isnt much to pay for a guy who will bring so much to their offense. A big reason the Raven offense was stalling was they were still trying to run that ball control pound the ball offense but Jamal Lewis wasnt bringing any kind of spark anymore and he couldnt do much but just go up the gut for a couple yards and go down. McGahee is a dynamic back who can rip off big gains and bounce it outside and also pound it up the middle. The Ravens can now run the offense they won a superbowl with and have success with it with McGahee. Add in McNair, Heap, Mason and Clayton and this is suddenly a tough lookin offense. The OL concerns me a little bit, they need to replace Mulitalo and Pashos. I guess Terry steps in for Pashos but OG is an issue. This makes me believe more so they'll take Grubbs round 1. Regardless, I think the Ravens and Patriots are toughest lookin teams in the league and they should be 1 and 2 in any power rankings. The Colts might have won the superbowl but theyre losing a lot more than theyre gaining this offseason.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
I think Willis is easily one of the top 10 backs in the league and if hes fully healthy and behind a decent line he'll prove himself to be top 5. In this market, the Ravens got a solid deal on him and 2 3rd rounders and 7th rounder isnt much to pay for a guy who will bring so much to their offense. A big reason the Raven offense was stalling was they were still trying to run that ball control pound the ball offense but Jamal Lewis wasnt bringing any kind of spark anymore and he couldnt do much but just go up the gut for a couple yards and go down. McGahee is a dynamic back who can rip off big gains and bounce it outside and also pound it up the middle. The Ravens can now run the offense they won a superbowl with and have success with it with McGahee. Add in McNair, Heap, Mason and Clayton and this is suddenly a tough lookin offense. The OL concerns me a little bit, they need to replace Mulitalo and Pashos. I guess Terry steps in for Pashos but OG is an issue. This makes me believe more so they'll take Grubbs round 1. Regardless, I think the Ravens and Patriots are toughest lookin teams in the league and they should be 1 and 2 in any power rankings. The Colts might have won the superbowl but theyre losing a lot more than theyre gaining this offseason.

While you make good points throughout this commentary, you are apparently unaware of the solid play we got all year from Jason Brown at left guard who started in place of Mulitalo. Not to mention that Chris Chester also played well sparingly during the year and this is a contract year for Keydrick Vincent so is play should elevate as well. Offensive Tackle is the most pressing need in terms of the draft but I agree with your thoughts about the Ravens, Patriots and the Colts. Thanks for some intelligent commentary! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Willis could just go up ten numbers and wear 31, but If I could pick his number for him Id say 28, if he chooses 28 I may just have to get his jersey cause 28 is a great number.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure he won't wear 31 as his number, just a hunch!

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
He was #2 in College so if I were a betting man I'd say he will be #32 which he can easily get from Musa with a little dough, although #42 would be pretty kick ass.

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I think #24 would be nice but I think that is already taken.

Splat
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm a big 23 fan 26 would be sweet to.

Rob S
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM

That last statement earns rep points! But seriously, I just have to say one more thing. To the guy who said Willis was our best player, you must be kidding. Willis didnt sniff the pro bowl. Lee Evans, Jason Peters, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell (he was playing at an all pro level until an injury), Terrence Mcgee (with ST factored in), and arguably Takeo Spikes and Donte Whitner are all better than McGahee. He is hardly our best player. And dont give any BS about the OL, being crap, it was at least average after we shuffled things around after the bye week. Willis does have the talent to be very good, I am not denying it. Many guys have talent tho, we shall see. If I was a raven fan, I would probably be happy. You have a new, big name RB and it is something to be excited about. There, I have said my piece and will leave you all to be as long as no more outlandish statement are made regarding the Bills.

Rob S
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Also, regarding numbers. I think willis wants the 2 to be as prominent as possible (hence 2 in college and 21 with the bills). 22 is an option, kind of a gross number tho. We will find out soon.

OhioState
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
yeah willis is the worst back in the league, no way does he deserve 6.5 mil per year after the way he has treated buffalo while not even being good, he is better than ahman though

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Also, regarding numbers. I think willis wants the 2 to be as prominent as possible (hence 2 in college and 21 with the bills). 22 is an option, kind of a gross number tho. We will find out soon.

Rolle has 22 so try again on the jersey number...

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah willis is the worst back in the league, no way does he deserve 6.5 mil per year after the way he has treated buffalo while not even being good, he is better than ahman though

Wow that gets negative rep points, you may be sore and hate Willis but saying he is the worst back in the league proves the kind of credibility you deserve. As much as Bills fans want to hate Mcgahee especially more now that he's gone, I hate how Bills fans think he sucks and has no future to go over 500 yards in a season. Honestly if I were a betting man I'd say Mcgahee goes over 1,400 next year and probably makes the pro bowl, Bills fans are just trying to make themselves feel better when they say "oh what a steal, I woulda taken Willis for a 7th rounder because he's never run the ball over 10 yards."

Microphon200
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
It's only a number.

Splat
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
It's only a number.

No no it is so much more.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow that gets negative rep points, you may be sore and hate Willis but saying he is the worst back in the league proves the kind of credibility you deserve. As much as Bills fans want to hate Mcgahee especially more now that he's gone, I hate how Bills fans think he sucks and has no future to go over 500 yards in a season. Honestly if I were a betting man I'd say Mcgahee goes over 1,400 next year and probably makes the pro bowl, Bills fans are just trying to make themselves feel better when they say "oh what a steal, I woulda taken Willis for a 7th rounder because he's never run the ball over 10 yards."

I agree with everything you say Ghetto except for the 1,400 yard projection. Until we have a clear picture of what the offensive line will be I won't speculate on what is projection will be. But this is for sure, barring injury:

Willis McGahee > Any back for Buffalo next year

Rob S
03-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Rolle has 22 so try again on the jersey number...

he could probably buy him out.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I just think Will and #42 would be the sickest looking ever with a black visor.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 04:31 PM

"I'm strangely comfortable with it...."

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 04:52 PM

I get the suspicion you've traded for him in Madden and he wore 42 and it looked slick. Am I close?

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Didnt that Criminal in replacements wear #42 with a visor, that will look good. I think Willis will look good in Purple and Black.

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.imgfast.com//uploads/1/McGahee.jpg (http://www.imgfast.com//)

http://www.imgfast.com//uploads/1/McGahee24.jpg (http://www.imgfast.com//)

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 05:22 PM
which one ^^^^^^^^

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Out of those 2 I like 42 better, mainly because I like Pittman wearing 24 thats a good CB #.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
However I think #28 would look better.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I get the suspicion you've traded for him in Madden and he wore 42 and it looked slick. Am I close?

Nah I don't play madden I still play NFL 2K5, anyways 42 always reminds me of EJ Henderson when he was a beast at Maryland.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Am I blind or just seeing things but did this thread's title magically change?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Am I blind or just seeing things but did this thread's title magically change?

Oh yeah ERU spelled a couple words wrong I spell checked for him.

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM

http://www.imgfast.com//uploads/1/McGahee28.jpg (http://www.imgfast.com//)

Ravens1991
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
haha who changed it?

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah I always mistakenly spell Own ........ Suck. :D :D :D

EdReedUnstoppable

Well ewe cause I hate those purple jerseys, but I like that the best as it pertain to #s.

Ravens1991
somebody has to change that mad face though.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Thats fine I was gonna change the title of it last night but I couldn't figure out how to do it, must be a MOD priviledge.

I think I overreacted a bit shocker Im gettin more and more comfortable about having Willis. I just started thinking about it, and we need some new faces, and we definitely needed a new face at RB so lets do it, Willis is a Raven now he's signed and we gotta ride or die with Willis so lets do this thing.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Thats fine I was gonna change the title of it last night but I couldn't figure out how to do it, must be a MOD priviledge.

I think I overreacted a bit shocker Im gettin more and more comfortable about having Willis. I just started thinking about it, and we need some new faces, and we definitely needed a new face at RB so lets do it, Willis is a Raven now he's signed and we gotta ride or die with Willis so lets do this thing.

Thank you ERU your bashing was bothering me.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 05:45 PM

Funny but I have felt the same way in my own reactions about the Willis situation. While I still think we should have brought back Jamal for one more year, maybe Willis will be a bright spot for this offense and the missing spark it needs to be a factor for this team. Anyway Willis is a Raven and if he's sporting the Purple and Black then he's ok by me.

Now on to more important things:

LET KYLE BOLLER START AT QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Thank you ERU your bashing was bothering me.

What can I say man, Im a passionate person and when I think something is bad Im gonna throw everything Ive got into it, just like when I think something is right.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Ok I know possess even more confidence in Willis McGahee. He has stated he will work out in Baltimore as opposed to Miami for the offseason. That was a big issue when he was in Buffalo but won't be here in Baltimore.

Splat
03-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Nice I like it.

America
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd like to see thses numbers...25, 28,34,42,44. I don't think the 40s numbers fit him that well, maybe 42. Numbers I wouldnt want...30,31,36,39,41,45,46-49

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm all for this deal, because it makes ERU one happy bass turd. :D

go_ravens94
03-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice I like it.

I agree...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm all for this deal, because it makes ERU one happy bass turd. :D

Haha, how dare you use my word!!!!

dcarey20
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
great deal considering the type of money guys are going for.

ERU, you realize that Ahman Green's contract has him making more per year than McGahee's contract does? I think that says it all right there.

Plus the deal is structured so that we can cut him after 4 years and he would only make 20 mil.

he's a top 10 back in my eyes, no doubt about it. this is a very good deal for us.

go_ravens94
03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
great deal considering the type of money guys are going for.

ERU, you realize that Ahman Green's contract has him making more per year than McGahee's contract does? I think that says it all right there.

Plus the deal is structured so that we can cut him after 4 years and he would only make 20 mil.

he's a top 10 back in my eyes, no doubt about it. this is a very good deal for us.

I put him in my Top 12, but still, great deal.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah well he's in my Fave 5 so all our calls are free!!!!! :D :D :D

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Billick said that we will start to use some 3 WR single back sets and start using swing passes because McGahee is effective in space, I am happy about that how about you all.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
We are finally beginning to acquire the talent needed to fully run the offense that Coach has designed to perfection.

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I dont know how that Minnesota offense was ran with Billick, can somebody give me a quick explanation. thanks in advanced.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Basically a solid running game to compliment a solid passing game. They ran alot of 3 wide sets to utilize the set of Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Randy Moss and the running game featured Robert Smith. We can utilize it with the set of Derrick Mason/Mark Clayton, Todd Heap, and Demetrius Williams to go with the running game of Willis McGahee. The reason that it didn't work before with us is that Jamal was a power runner that relied on a fullback, but I think Willis McGahee can take on that Robert Smith role in the offense.

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I agree, plus I remember that McNair liked to dump it off to th RB/FB a lot on like 3rd and 8 and things like that so Willis might be able to turn dump off passes into 10 yard gains.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Billick said that we will start to use some 3 WR single back sets and start using swing passes because McGahee is effective in space, I am happy about that how about you all.
oh dude i would love that. Nice to see more McGahee supporters:)

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
check out my new McGahee sig JKpigskin made what are your thoughts on it?

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 03:37 PM

First on the bandwagon? :D

go_ravens94
03-10-2007, 04:49 PM
First on the bandwagon? :D

Good sig. Like it a lot.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
dangs thats nice but u shoulda got him in a raven uniform.

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
the good thing that JK did was fade it so it wasnt totally Bills colors, when there are pictures of him in purple I will get a new one

EdReedUnstoppable
03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I really hope he picks #28, I want a #28 jersey so badly, I almost bought a Baxter jersey when he was here just to have 28. Or at least hopefully we draft somebody who wears #28.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I really hope he picks #28, I want a #28 jersey so badly, I almost bought a Baxter jersey when he was here just to have 28. Or at least hopefully we draft somebody who wears #28.

When I make the team I will make sure to request 28! :D :D :D

EdReedUnstoppable
03-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Ill rock that jersey!

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Ill rock that jersey!

Oh its so on! Ok gotta hit the weights.......

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-10-2007, 06:15 PM

holly crap i didn't realize you were Ravens1991!!! What happened to your old sig? it was so beast.

Ravens1991
03-11-2007, 10:30 AM
holly crap i didn't realize you were Ravens1991!!! What happened to your old sig? it was so beast.

Yea it took up to much Bandwith or something, I think the settings changed with the new board so all it was was a picture with a frog, so I retired that baby for this one.

PalmerToCJ
03-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, I didn't realize Lewis was only 27 or 28... Either way I thought he was early 30's. Hard to believe how much he fell off all the sudden, I still remember him running all over the Browns that one day. That was just amazing.

Ravens1991
03-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I think he just got worn out, his knees will probably kill him for the rest of his life.

bennybee38
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
this is a little off topic but..because we dont have ovie or ricard as fullback anymore. is there need to draft one in say round 6?
if so...Cory Anderson is our man..not only is he a dominant blocker he has soft hands and good agility for a 6'3 260 fullback. and he ran a 4.7 which is good..

someone should compete with justin green for starter

dcarey20
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
i like 28 but one number that no one has mentioned that i think would be cool is 39.

i just can't wait until hi get to see him in a ravens uni. its like a dream come true that he's on our team.

Ravens1991
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I will probably buy his jersey.

Ravens1991
03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
this is a little off topic but..because we dont have ovie or ricard as fullback anymore. is there need to draft one in say round 6?
if so...Cory Anderson is our man..not only is he a dominant blocker he has soft hands and good agility for a 6'3 260 fullback. and he ran a 4.7 which is good..

Billick said that we will use more 1 back sets and 3 WR becuase McGahee can get to the edge and he doesnt need a FB, plus he said that he will get some dump off passes, and McNair threw a lot of them to his RB

dcarey20
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I will probably buy his jersey.

i already have his bills jersey, so i will have to replace it.

BigDawg819
03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but Peter King agrees with some of us about the McGahee trade:

"I think I like Willis McGahee as a player. At 25, is he a better back to start the season with than Jamal Lewis? Absolutely. But two first-day draft choices, both third-round picks and a seventh ... that's a high price to pay. Too high, in my opinion. The Ravens have one of the best scouting organizations in the NFL. I'd rather have seen Ozzie Newsome get on a conference call with every one of his college area scouts and tell them they need to find a stud middle-round back (and believe me, running back is a position you can find stalwarts in rounds three and four; teams do it ever year) to team with Musa Smith this year rather than to deal three picks for a guy the Bills did not want to keep."

Here's to hoping we are wrong! :D And that Kenny Irons doesn't haunt us ! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Nah we are set at FB we got Justin Green who we used a draft pick on, and alot of people don't know this but we signed Nick Luchey at the end of last regular season, and Luchey is a very good FB and was at one time considered the heir apparent to William Henderson in GB.

go_ravens94
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Nah we are set at FB we got Justin Green who we used a draft pick on, and alot of people don't know this but we signed Nick Luchey at the end of last regular season, and Luchey is a very good FB and was at one time considered the heir apparent to William Henderson in GB.

Luchey is an excellent Blocking Fullback. I noticed.

The Legend
03-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Shaun Alexander
Ladanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Willie Parker
Rudi Johnson
Frank Gore
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts -No
Brian Westbrook - Runner No / All Around Yes
Ahman Green - Getting Old
Travis Henry
Jamal Lewis - I Would Take Willis Over Him
Chester Taylor - Hmm We Will See

well theres what i think about your list

ChefMike
03-13-2007, 05:32 PM

We already have Luchey signed on and Green plus we need to keep in mind we have Mike Anderson who played FB in Denver at the beginning of his career, and he did well at it... Plus we are going to be using more of a 1 back 3 reciever set that he used in Minnesota (when he had Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Jake Reed and Robert Smith behind running the ball) I think we have the personel to compete with that offense that did amazing things. I can't wait to see Billick with all the Weapons that we have now at our disposal on the offense this will be the first time since he has been here that he has had this much on the Offensive side of the ball....

niel89
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah the 3 wr single back set is gonna be very helpful. not only will it cover the loss of Ovie but it will allow the offense to be something that billick is very comfortable with

BigDawg819
03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
yeah the 3 wr single back set is gonna be very helpful. not only will it cover the loss of Ovie but it will allow the offense to be something that billick is very comfortable with

Are you seriously rocking that sig?

niel89
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Are you seriously rocking that sig?

66 till he is short

EdReedUnstoppable
03-14-2007, 12:11 AM
well theres what i think about your list

Who asked ya?? jk buddy

There are many RBs I would take over Willis no doubt about that, but no sense talkin bout it now because we have Willis and from the looks of his contract have him for at least 4 years.

BigDawg819
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Well just remember this, Willis ain't TALL! :D

niel89
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Well just remember this, Willis ain't TALL! :D

thats true i have proof

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/untitled-1.jpg

go_ravens94
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
This thread has gone way off-topic, we should move on.

niel89
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
i believe if our coaching staff adapts our offense more to McGahee we will excel. they already are starting to with more 3 wr sets and we could see more changes

BigDawg819
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
thats true i have proof

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/untitled-1.jpg

BEST POST EVER! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
03-21-2007, 07:30 AM
On the Ravens website it has the McGahee jerseys with #23 ad all I have to say is EWE!!!! horrible number, should have picked 28.

Ravens1991
03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I traded for him in madden and he got # 23.

Ravens1991
03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
ehh the jersey is al-right.

http://www.baltimoreravensstore.com/product_image.php?imageid=897

EdReedUnstoppable
03-21-2007, 03:57 PM
I hate #23 severely, and now because Willis tookover 23 Jamaine Winborne is wearing 28 is there ever gonna be someone who's jersey I would wear choose 28 for us??!!!!

Ravens1991
03-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Get a customed one with a nickname or your last name on the back.

niel89
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
eh there are better ones than 23

EdReedUnstoppable
03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Get a customed one with a nickname or your last name on the back.

Thats no fun, I need a jersey with a player on it so when I go to Pittsburgh and that player makes a big play I can take the jersey off and hold it up in the faces of all the idiots in Pitt!!

BigDawg819
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Thats no fun, I need a jersey with a player on it so when I go to Pittsburgh and that player makes a big play I can take the jersey off and hold it up in the faces of all the idiots in Pitt!!

Brilliant! I see I may have to go to the game in Pittsburgh now........ :D