PDA

View Full Version : Packers cut Henderson, Room for Griffith?

tjsunstein
03-08-2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=574864

Griffith in for a visit and the Packers cut Henderson. I think the packers are getting Justin Griffith.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
At what point did you think anyone else would care about the Packers fullback situation?

I'm not a post nazi by any means, but this is the epitome of team-thread talk.

tjsunstein
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
At what point did you think anyone else would care about the Packers fullback situation?

Being that Justin Griffith is a Free Agent and hes pretty solid, also for the people who dont read every team thread. Funny how a bears fan says that.

cardsalltheway
03-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I really don't care.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Being that Justin Griffith is a Free Agent and hes pretty solid, also for the people who dont read every team thread. Funny how a bears fan says that.
He's a fullback. Nobody will care. It has nothing to do with the fact I'm a Bears fan.

And for the record I've been fighting to keep more NFL threads open. It's stupid ones like this that ruin all efforts in that vein.

TitleTown088
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Come on bearsfan you know damn well the Packers FB situation will most likely decide who wins the NFC north this year.

bearsfan_51
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually I'm suprised nobody has spun this into Brett Favre retirement talk now that Favre has none of his old friends left on the team.

diabsoule
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM

I agree with you on this situation. The Green Bay fullback situation is not NFL news. Any fullbacks with the exception of Lorezno Neal and maybe one or two others is pretty much team discussion material.

Shiver
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree with you on this situation. The Green Bay fullback situation is not NFL news. Any fullbacks with the exception of Lorezno Neal and maybe one or two others is pretty much team discussion material.

Ovie Mughelli became the highest paid FB in the NFL, and he didn't even get a thread.

http://forumimages.footballguys.com/style_emoticons/default/lock.gif

Vince Lombardi
03-08-2007, 04:49 PM
We've already been having this discussion in the GB forum for like a week, I'm not sure why it needed to be posted here now. :/

toonsterwu
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Dunno, I think Justin Griffith is an intriguing name worthy of discussion. Now, making this thread in conjunction with the Packers, that's a separate issue. But Griffith is a very solid FB who offers a lot of versatility and can be used in multiple ways. At the end of the day, for all these big name signings, it'll likely be the smaller signings that, relatively, play a bigger impact. A guy like Eric Johnson, or Justin Griffith could play a, relatively, more critical role than some of these bigger name options.

You look at the Packers, and Griffith offers them someone that can be used as a safety valve receiver if they can't get a TE. He's a passable runner who could probably put up better numbers than he has in his career had he gotten the opportunity, and he's a good blocker. Role players like these are critical.

not my call, though

neko4
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM

William Henderson has been every bit as good as Neal over the last few years, the fact he was cut is important and that ties into this thread

GB12
03-08-2007, 07:13 PM
William Henderson has been every bit as good as Neal over the last few years, the fact he was cut is important and that ties into this thread

No, this doesn't need it's own thread here. We have one in our forums, well actually 2:confused: